What's new

Propaganda tapes

This is one of the most chilling Scientology-related videos I've ever stumbled across (sorry if it's been posted before but I don't see it anywhere). The description:

[FONT=Roboto, arial, sans-serif]A young former Scientologist testifies in court about how he was told to give this propaganda tape to his non-Scientologist parents to convince them of the evils and dangers of the public school system and to allow him to drop out of school to commit himself fully to Scientology.[/FONT]

This is wild shit! Just curious if anyone here was ever given a tape similar to this to play for their parents. Is this still a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdpNpPDWMc

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
"Can we ever be friends" is the tape. It's well-known, from the 70s or so. Google it. Don't think they still use it.

Paul

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I listened to that Can We Ever Be Friends tape eons ago, when it was suggested to give to family. It was laughable and embarrassing. I never gave it to anyone and I don't know of anyone else who used it either. But...I dont remember it containing a dig at the schools system. I only listened to it once.

What I remember is the over-the-top whiny, dramatic voice, using "tone levels" to try to manipulate the listener. As I said, it was embarrassing.

ETA....

Here's a link that works. Yikes, it's even worse than I remember!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdpNpPDWMc

Last edited:

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
"Can we ever be friends" is the tape. It's well-known, from the 70s or so. Google it. Don't think they still use it.

Paul

THEY USE IT~! I was told to give it to my entire family....(who had been googling the horror stories on the internet and printing them out for me to see) ....and they finally shut up because they knew from reading the internet that I would disconnect from them if they continued....not because they listened to that stupid "Can We Be Friends"

It is a Scientological "STFU" tape or else you will lose your loved one.

When I came to them asking to borrow money after the confusion from the tech - destroyed my life, my savings account, my job, my marriage, my mind - I HAD TO HAVE THE BRIDGE - they said NO so I disconnected from them anyway.

Unlike the so-called "FRIENDS" :whistling:I made in Scientology

My family was there for me when I left the cult...and so was my Tu Dee.

They all welcomed me back with open arms and a nice hefty inheritance from Gramma and Grampa - Millions $$$$$ - was waiting for me as soon as I was CLEARED of Scientology. They told me they did not WATCH it and would not read or watch anything Scientology put out. They knew it was nothing but propaganda thanks to some big SP's that Keeps Suppressing Scientology with the TRUTH! THANK YOU guys!!:dancer::thumbsup:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Grams and Gramps were very Oat Tea too...they knew to not let me have my inheritance until I was out of Scientology so they changed the trust to reflect under no circumstances shall I get that money if I was still in the cult.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
That's interesting. Do they have it on CD/DVD now? Or is the person supposed to go dig up an old cassette player?

Paul

Paul - when I was in - it was in a CD and in some pack with the PTS / SP "pack"...

The PTS / SP course put a shit ton of confusion into my thinking...tone levels of my loved ones...what were they REALLY??? Who can I trust - fired my entire staff and my business collapsed. Got sued by a new employee (who took Oxford Capacity Test and seemed okay) for forcing them to use Scientology. FUCK.

What I realize now is the PTS/SP course is actually a course that will fuck you up beyond belief.

You will make mistakes...big mistakes.

GET OUT NOW LURKERS!! {{{{{{{{{{{WARNING}}}}}}}}}}}

Scientology is dangerous for your well being.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Paul - when I was in - it was in a CD and in some pack with the PTS / SP "pack"...

From memory there were/are several Hubbard lectures on the course, so it would be normal to have a binder with CDs and transcripts for those. But the CWEBF tape was designed to be bought as a standalone item -- or several of them -- and handed out to one's antago connections. I recall the cassette in its little box, but have never seen a similar recording in a CD/DVD case.

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

From memory there were/are several Hubbard lectures on the course, so it would be normal to have a binder with CDs and transcripts for those. But the CWEBF tape was designed to be bought as a standalone item -- or several of them -- and handed out to one's antago connections. I recall the cassette in its little box, but have never seen a similar recording in a CD/DVD case.

Just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that the COS is currently running a huge sale and discount on luxury home tape players that are perfect for inviting all your relatives over for a group play of "CAN WE EVER BE FRIENDS".

1ee68bf45bd77fc8c0d9f20658e4c6fd.jpg

This is the very same technology that Ron recommended to use for listening to all of his taped lectures! Be sure to get your Source directly from a Source-approved tape player, People!

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
I listened to that Can We Ever Be Friends tape eons ago, when it was suggested to give to family. It was laughable and embarrassing. I never gave it to anyone and I don't know of anyone else who used it either. But...I dont remember it containing a dig at the schools system. I only listened to it once.

What I remember is the over-the-top whiny, dramatic voice, using "tone levels" to try to manipulate the listener. As I said, it was embarrassing.

ETA....

Here's a link that works. Yikes, it's even worse than I remember!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdpNpPDWMc

Oh I remember this, pretty well as cringe-worthy as it gets.

The next vid on YT is another goody ~ Scilon propaganda machine in full swing ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJn_qeTw30

:woohoo:

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
When I was 'in' during the 70's, my relationship with my elderly parents was poor.

A reg gave me that "friends" tape in an effort to tap $ from relatives.

I listened to part of it, cringed and threw it away.

:no:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Just wanted to bring to everyone's attention that the COS is currently running a huge sale and discount on luxury home tape players that are perfect for inviting all your relatives over for a group play of "CAN WE EVER BE FRIENDS".

This is the very same technology that Ron recommended to use for listening to all of his taped lectures! Be sure to get your Source directly from a Source-approved tape player, People!

I remember seeing a room full of those reel-to-reels that had broken down and waiting for some poor guy on staff who knew how to repair them - Recording Technician wanted, call your Sea Org Recruiter today!

Out/Int

Patron with Honors

That reminds me of the staff selling me one of those special CD players they said were specially developed by Ron's tech...and you would get the data better...

I fell for that one...OUCH :duh::duh::duh::duh: That stings to recall that now just how trusting and vulnerable I was.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Oh I remember this, pretty well as cringe-worthy as it gets.

The next vid on YT is another goody ~ Scilon propaganda machine in full swing ~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJn_qeTw30

:woohoo:

Egads!

That lady said it all in the beginning....

"My case had stalled for (was it "over"?) four years!!!

Likely they were sucking as much money as they could out of her ....

As for the rest of it, I couldn't say. Watched about 30 seconds more and felt sick.

I'd forgotten just how much shit people can talk. :Blahblahblah:...................

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
At about 1:00 of that video Debbie Cook is saying that Flag is now producing OT VII completions who are "cause over life".

Contrast that with her court testimony where she testifies to David Miscavige's violence and her experience of being in "the hole".

This is the truth behind the propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htn1PauZUYs

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's interesting. Do they have it on CD/DVD now? Or is the person supposed to go dig up an old cassette player?

Paul

Come on Paul ya know IN/Out meant they useD it.

Just wish he gave a circa time to that.

how about it IN/Out a rough time frame when it you were supposed to use it?

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
At about 1:00 of that video Debbie Cook is saying that Flag is now producing OT VII completions who are "cause over life".

Contrast that with her court testimony where she testifies to David Miscavige's violence and her experience of being in "the hole".

This is the truth behind the propaganda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Htn1PauZUYs

The truth is in the court testimony, the false advertising is that the OTVII completions are any more cause in life than any other person in life. Unless we call delusion and living a life under the mental slavery induced by scientology as 'cause'.