What's new

Protest Sign messages.. any Ideas?

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any ideas out there in the field on what are good protest signs for CoFs to get the message through?

I saw the one for Sydney that was exceptional, with the Blown staff, celebrity pictures etc

Just wondering if any other ideas on content.

I wondered if the now over-ruled and ignored these days ,

1954 CREED of Scientology (written with either sanity or deception in mind was good either way.)Replaced with Psycho-political policy.

but one of the Slogans
(cant help but laugh reading these and the actual truth since 1960)

I had a CofS sydney public quoting The Way to Happiness 'Its ok to treat people like fgarbage if they break an agreement-that was his policy of choice.

Here the 'creed anyway,as displayed on the Hypocrites CofS website.

We of the Church believe

That all men of whatever race, color or creed were created with equal rights.

That all men have inalienable rights to their own religious practices and their performance.

That all men have inalienable rights to their own lives.

That all men have inalienable rights to their sanity.

That all men have inalienable rights to their own defense.

That all men have inalienable rights to conceive, choose, assist or support their own organizations, churches and governments.

That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others.

That all men have inalienable rights to the creation of their own kind.

That the souls of men have the rights of men.

That the study of the Mind and the healing of mentally caused ills should not be alienated from religion or condoned in nonreligious fields.

And that no agency less than God has the power to suspend or set aside these rights, overtly or covertly.

And we of the Church believe that the laws of God forbid Man

To destroy his own kind.

To destroy the sanity of another.

To destroy or enslave another’s soul.

To destroy or reduce the survival of one’s companions or one’s group.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Know your audience . . .

I guess it depends who you are trying to reach. I reckon, the "blown" banner was epic in terms of reaching the Scilons. Also known to have had some effect is the "Your Doubts Are Valid" sign. In terms of inoculating the public, I believe you can't really go past the LOL Xenu strategy. The two words "UFO CULT" immediately brand Scientology for what it is into the minds of passing public who might only glance over at a protest. Playing about with the LOL Xenu approach also enables some humour ("XENU SAYS TAKE ME TO YOUR RULAH" and so on) - but, really, when it comes to signs and banners for the public, short and snappy and (if possible) funny work best.

Your ideas are great but, I wonder, would they be more suited to a pamphlet?

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Any ideas out there in the field on what are good protest signs for CoFs to get the message through?

I saw the one for Sydney that was exceptional, with the Blown staff, celebrity pictures etc

Just wondering if any other ideas on content.

I wondered if the now over-ruled and ignored these days ,

1954 CREED of Scientology (written with either sanity or deception in mind was good either way.)Replaced with Psycho-political policy.

but one of the Slogans
(cant help but laugh reading these and the actual truth since 1960)

I had a CofS sydney public quoting The Way to Happiness 'Its ok to treat people like fgarbage if they break an agreement-that was his policy of choice.

Here the 'creed anyway,as displayed on the Hypocrites CofS website.

We of the Church believe

That all men of whatever race, color or creed were created with equal rights.

That all men have inalienable rights to their own religious practices and their performance.

That all men have inalienable rights to their own lives.

That all men have inalienable rights to their sanity.

That all men have inalienable rights to their own defense.

That all men have inalienable rights to conceive, choose, assist or support their own organizations, churches and governments.

That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others.

That all men have inalienable rights to the creation of their own kind.

That the souls of men have the rights of men.

That the study of the Mind and the healing of mentally caused ills should not be alienated from religion or condoned in nonreligious fields.

And that no agency less than God has the power to suspend or set aside these rights, overtly or covertly.

And we of the Church believe that the laws of God forbid Man

To destroy his own kind.

To destroy the sanity of another.

To destroy or enslave another’s soul.

To destroy or reduce the survival of one’s companions or one’s group.

Big, simple and readable. Passers-by usually only have a second or two to read it. :confused2:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just one of them zorgy

We of the Church believe
That all men (except
who disagrees with us )
have
inalienable rights to think freely,
to talk freely,
to write freely their own opinions
and to counter utter
write upon the opinions of others?

or

And we of the Church believe
that the laws of God forbid Man
To destroy or enslave another’s soul

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron

We of the Church believe
That all men have
inalienable rights to think freely,
to talk freely,
to write freely Scientology dictations
and to counter , utter
and write upon the opinions of others

looker

Patron Meritorious
How bout;

1. Are OT's really even Clear? Your Doubts are Valid..
2. LRH is NOT source of the lower grades or even TR0!!
3. Miscavage is a Squirrel and failed NOTS case since 1992!!
4. If you think were Nutz, GOOGLE Scientology!!!

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
A placard can have two sides. How about a simple message for the general public on one side, like 'Scientology: UFO cult', and a more specific wake-up for those who are still 'in' on the reverse?

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Scientology: It's never going to be what you wished it was!

This is simple and communicates...

You have to think about who your audience is and then the message. When we made our sign we did not just launch in we, :omg:, did some critical thinking and hence the sign ... :yes:

Mystic

Crusader
I've been contemplating this sign business and I honestly think that the wearing of :guyfawkes: out-says most anything a sign can say.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
cash-cow-3.jpg

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I guess it depends who you are trying to reach. I reckon, the "blown" banner was epic in terms of reaching the Scilons. Also known to have had some effect is the "Your Doubts Are Valid" sign. In terms of inoculating the public, I believe you can't really go past the LOL Xenu strategy. The two words "UFO CULT" immediately brand Scientology for what it is into the minds of passing public who might only glance over at a protest. Playing about with the LOL Xenu approach also enables some humour ("XENU SAYS TAKE ME TO YOUR RULAH" and so on) - but, really, when it comes to signs and banners for the public, short and snappy and (if possible) funny work best.

Your ideas are great but, I wonder, would they be more suited to a pamphlet?
People generally believe Scientology to be a UFO cult, but this belief by itself makes the organization look harmless. I think it is good to push the human rights abuses on the public. Many still only have a vague idea what Scientology is about, and many still have no idea or think they have weird beliefs but that's OK. Many public still think we have a problem with their beliefs because they are unaware of the abuse.

One for the Scilons: "IS IT *REALLY* TRUE FOR YOU?"
Now this is really good.
A placard can have two sides. How about a simple message for the general public on one side, like 'Scientology: UFO cult', and a more specific wake-up for those who are still 'in' on the reverse?
Nice idea.

Also

- Staff Message - Where is your ideal org?
- Staff Message - Then where is the money?
OR
- Staff Message - Is the Ideal Org Upstat Now?

- Staff Message - Rex Fowler OT VII convicted for murder
- Public Message - Scientology prison in Dundas is good in Dundas

Gottabrain had a few really good ones that really worked especially at the IAS event as slogans.

- The IAS is off-source
- Donations are out exchange
- Where is Shelley Miscavige?

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
It has come to my attention recently just how compartmentalized the C of S is, what is known in CMO for example would never be discussed with the average SO member, if HCO for example has info about someone who has blown don't think for one minute they let that be known these days to the general staffs, why do you think they no longer post SP declares on bulletin boards!

"Blown staffs" aren't blown at all they got sent on a vital mission or they are now at a higher post and so on...so it creates a problem if there are posters and signs which show the guy who was meant to be "on a vital mission" is in fact out. Or the gal who was once the CO CMO here in ANZO (Suzanne Dubeai) is now working in the Flag Hotel Org, and that Rikki Jensen Ex RTC Inspector for Tech got busted to ANZO to an estates post NOT EVER ALLOWED OFF THE POST.

I believe these simple signs communicate...it is on the order of DM says Anon is gone and they show up, DM has clearly lied.

Just my opinion.

James

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
The staff are the ones I really feel for and so these are aimed at them.

Nothing bad will happen if you leave ... but many good things will.

You really can be free .. walk out now.

Feeling trapped? Just walk out and we will help you to be truly free again (no money required).

Tired of studying 1950's style? Come into 2011 and enjoy YOUR life.

Many of us are Ex staff and OT and we do understand.

You can stop pretending to be uptone now and be truly happy instead ... leave.

We care about you.