Psychiatrists' using Dianetic and Scientology ideas

SpaceVaccine888

Acintya Bhedabheda-Tattva
I came across a website that gives summaries of books written by various Psychiatrists and Psychologists who use philosophies that are nothing but reworded versions of Dianetics and the philosophy of Body Thetans.

Here's an excerpt from the 2nd article:
So, what does she tell about the cause of mental and physical illness? The following is a summary of what her patients told her; Modi herself did not come up with it.
Some illnesses are caused by traumas in this life or in past lives. This includes birth traumas and prenatal traumas. Re-living the traumatic event, the more emotional the more effective, releases the blocked energy and healing can be instantaneous, or it happens in the next few days.

Her patient's illnesses were usually caused by possessing or attached spirits. The pain and emotions these spirits were going through when they died, is transferred, willingly or unwillingly, to the living person they are now attached to, or posess. In these cases medical treatment does not help. Modi calls these spirits 'earthbound spirits' as they did not make the transition to heaven or to the Light after they died. For some reason, often family ties, they chose to stay with a living person. Sometimes they are confused, sometimes they stay with the living person out of love, sometimes out of the desire to take revenge, sometimes they want to continue their desire to experience drugs, or other addictions through the person they possess.

Some spirits are really malevolent, they are usually called dark or evil spirits, demons, devils. These are beings who have turned themselves away from the Light and derive pleasure from harming both other spirits and living beings. We have to be careful not to condemn these beings as they are also light beings, or angels as you could call them, who have covered up their inner divine light with darkness. When called upon, other angels come and will force the dark spirit to look inside. This will allow him to discover his inner light and thereby be transformed into a light being, at the same time leaving the patient. This is not exorcism. Exorcism is the forceful removal of a dark spirit from a person, but this will always fail or even cause more trouble as the dark entity is not transformed and remains the same. So the treatment of the patient is actually a treatment of the entities that posses or are attached to the patient. They have to be convinced about what they are doing to the patient, about what they really are and that going to the Light is the best solution for them.

http://www.soul-guidance.com/houseofthesun/spirits.htm

Sounds a bit like Scientology to me.......

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I came across a website that gives summaries of books written by various Psychiatrists and Psychologists who use philosophies that are nothing but reworded versions of Dianetics and the philosophy of Body Thetans.

(snip)

You are close, but you got it backwards....

Tis the other way around...

From: FATE Science Fiction Magazine, June 1953, issue No 39, page 115:

Also see THIS thread please...

Hubbard claimed "he" "developed" a "modern $cience of Mental Health" called "Dianetics" (LIE)
and used it to cure himself from being blinded and crippled from wounds he recieved during WWII - also a big fat (LIE)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

<snip>

I don't see ANY articles from a psychiatrist at the website you linked to and doubt there is even one.

If I am wrong though please provide links to those authors who happen to be a psychiatrists.

Last edited:

RandomCat

Patron with Honors

People have believed that demons, malevolent spirits, (etc.) are the cause mental illness for hundreds (probably thousands) of years. A minority of religious types in the U.S. still believe this. There are a handful a psychologists who believe this also, some of whom have dubious credentials... these people are WAY on the fringe and are looked at with disdain from the vast majority of psychologists & psychiatrists.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

Where did you get the idea the people in this article are actual psychiartricists? The website is some crack pot place called "soul guidance" and the article is from the "spirits" section. I think the mods should change the thread title to the more accurate "new age hucksters and crack-pots using dianetic and Scientology ideas."

Of course, Hubbard mined most all of his "tech" by stealing (without credit) the previous works and ideas of psychologists, occultists, hypnotists and new age crack-pots. So to see these ideas and concepts frequently turn back up in the new age circles is hardly surprising.

BojanglesII

Have to check historics. If it is a rip off it's either a legally good one or a bad one as of now. It could be on another octave of metaphysics between high and low; as in his version may deal exclusively with the subconscious and/or unconscious equivelants, and not the body atoms that used to be part of dinosaurs gruesomely slaughtered, or such. It may not even address ghost charged atoms within the brain field not [corrrction: not=nor] actual spiritual dynamics and statics in other hyperspace time line clones sentient or not.

guanoloco

As-Wased

Some spirits are really malevolent, they are usually called dark or evil spirits, demons, devils. These are beings who have turned themselves away from the Light and derive pleasure from harming both other spirits and living beings. We have to be careful not to condemn these beings as they are also light beings, or angels as you could call them, who have covered up their inner divine light with darkness. When called upon, other angels come and will force the dark spirit to look inside. This will allow him to discover his inner light and thereby be transformed into a light being, at the same time leaving the patient. This is not exorcism. Exorcism is the forceful removal of a dark spirit from a person, but this will always fail or even cause more trouble as the dark entity is not transformed and remains the same. So the treatment of the patient is actually a treatment of the entities that posses or are attached to the patient. They have to be convinced about what they are doing to the patient, about what they really are and that going to the Light is the best solution for them.

Ron says "Don't go to the light". That's where you get all implanted up.

L. Ron Hubbard...Mankind's Greatest Friend.

I think Scientologists would do great running their little Ron out of them and having their little Ron look inwards so as not to be the devil.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Where did you get the idea the people in this article are actual psychiartricists? The website is some crack pot place called "soul guidance" and the article is from the "spirits" section. I think the mods should change the thread title to the more accurate "new age hucksters and crack-pots using dianetic and Scientology ideas."

Of course, Hubbard mined most all of his "tech" by stealing (without credit) the previous works and ideas of psychologists, occultists, hypnotists and new age crack-pots. So to see these ideas and concepts frequently turn back up in the new age circles is hardly surprising.

Yeeeeeauh. And the best stuff is still bein held back from us!

The TOP SECRET NEW Super TRs.....
MW1.jpg
-
stare+at+goats.jpg
-
images

Supra musical chairs

1257238183_5.jpg

Cat Daddy

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?23154-TIR-Dianetics-on-Steroids

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?23154-TIR-Dianetics-on-Steroids

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
If the cult has anything, they STOLE it.

( never mind that the dumb bastard stole from the trash heap )