What's new

Psychopath Test

freethinker

Sponsor
I had it that the sister knew who the guy was but wouldn't tell her.

This drove her mad and she killed her sister.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bullshit

I answered the question 'correctly' and I am by far NOT a psychopath!

This so called mind bending 'test' is based on the information that the woman "killed" her sister. What were her motives? Well, if she is insane enough to kill her sister then her "motives" must also be insane, so they can be deduced logically by thinking illogically.

So this is a mainstream test for sociopathic tendencies? Hmmmm.

I wonder how many detectives and law enforcement types answered this question "correctly"? Does that mean all of these law enforcement individuals are sociopathic?

Answer:
She was hoping the guy would appear at the funeral again. If you answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath
Sez you?!
This was a test by a famous American psychologist used to determine if one has the same mentality as a killer.
Oh really? Which famous American Psychologist? THAT type of wording exists in a thousand places in clamland! A pretense of authority with no validation or credit, just a 'take my word for it, a FAMOUS American PSYCHOLOGIST...' oooo - I'm humbled and I eat too many Ritz crackers...
Many arrested serial killers...
You do mean "convicted" serial killers, don't you?
...took part in the test and answered the question correctly.
What do you mean, "correctly"? The "correct" answer flags the answerer as a sociopath so would not the "correct" answer given by a true, pathologically lying serial killer be anything but what was stated?
If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you...
There's that fucking "correctly" AND a reinforcing "good for you!"!!
If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take your crazy butt off my e-mail list :p
Yeah, take me off of your list, please.
.....*BZZZZZZZT* wrong *whew!* :p
Ogson, you write like a $cientologist.

But

But....

Would a psychopath *fall in love*?

I think that I have discovered a flaw there, that only a true psychopath could discover.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
But....
Would a psychopath *fall in love*?
I think that I have discovered a flaw there, that only a true psychopath could discover.
:lol: Funny shit!

Ok DB, you're "off my email list", having not only "correctly" answered the question, but answering the question to "correct" it. Correct? Phew!

:lol: Funny shit!

Ok DB, you're "off my email list", having not only "correctly" answered the question, but answering the question to "correct" it. Correct? Phew!

I don't fully understand your response. Actually I don't understand response, period. That's because it requires me to empathize with you to some degree. Empathy does not come easy to people like me. Who do I have to kill to understand?

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't fully understand your response. Actually I don't understand response, period. That's because it requires me to empathize with you to some degree. Empathy does not come easy to people like me. Who do I have to kill to understand?

Funnier, in a darker way...:thumbsup:

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/sister.asp (thanks to poster above)

@ Zorg, I didn't give the e-mail any credence, just thought it was interesting/fun, and I certainly don't believe that there is any be-all-end-all single question to evaluate a person's sanity or lack there-of :) Hm, except maybe 'Are you nutz?' "Why yes, yes I am!" (like ol' torqued-up LRon in his BBC interview, you know, the one where he 'Never had a second wife' :p )

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
I have actually been studying the psychological theory about sociopathy, and I have to say that degraded being is absolutely correct. The test doesn't make any sense because a sociopath technically cannot feel love or attachment. He or she would never have cared enough about another human being to answer the problem in that way. Therefore, it is a failure as a test of sociopathy.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron

That SNOPES link is most informative. :yes:

I get irritated sometimes when people, my wife included, constantly pass along this crap. Turn out that this so called "test" has been around since May, 2002 and analysis by professionals comment that the idea of the test is just dumb as true sociopaths have the same reasoning (or lack of) skills that everyone else does (or doesn't). :whistling:

I have actually been studying the psychological theory about sociopathy, and I have to say that degraded being is absolutely correct. The test doesn't make any sense because a sociopath technically cannot feel love or attachment. He or she would never have cared enough about another human being to answer the problem in that way. Therefore, it is a failure as a test of sociopathy.

Something I have wondered about. Sociopaths..or psychopaths...(not sure which) supposedly have no empathy at all......yet they sometimes love to torture people, or murder them in slow ways to cause suffering. Why do they bother if they cannot empathize? How can you enjoy making someone suffer if you cannot empathise?
Can you clarify?
Just another thought. Those who remain totally cold about others suffering...do they experience pain themselves, Probably not emotional pain I assume, but perhaps they also do not experience physical pain in the same way "normal" people do.....?

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
But but but , I didn't ask for dox!!!

And anyway,...

What if she didn't have a sister.

Then how is she going to meet him again?

I thought people signed guest books at funerals.

Oh now I get it.

They were all in the Sea Org. Her mother died. They had a funeral. DM showed up and she fell in love with him. But she did not know who he was and since she was on the RPF she could not ask anyone.

So she killed her sister knowing that there would be a cover up and DM would show up again and this time when she saw him she would not let him get away and she would then jump on him and tear off his clothes and perform oral surgery on him and then at that point when people dragged her off of him all her clothes would get torn off and then it would be revealed that she was really a he, just like in Mission Earth when Jettro Heller pulled Uthank aside and pulled off her clothes and Soltan Gris realized that he was getting the best oral surgery from a he.

I knew this quiz had something to do with the Church of Scientology. Just took me a few days to figure it out.

Rd00

auntpat

Patron with Honors
No Pain

I learned many things working in a state mental hospital when I was 18. One was that many psycopaths do not feel physical pain. Many of the patients were epaleptics (SP), and we had to give them shots to control the seisures. They never noticed the needle.

But the thing that made the above very real to me, was what happened one afternoon when the janitors were working on the heating system. They had removed the protective cover from the units, and apparently took a break. I kept smelling something burning and it was unpleasant. I searched the ward and finally noticed one of the patients leaning against a heating unit what was burning was her dress and hip and side and arm. I pulled her away from the heater and part of her skin stayed on it. I called the MD and he said she had 3rd degree burns. She never showed any sign of discomfort though the whole situation and that was when I really learned that indeed some of the patients felt no pain.

That is also why they are so strong when in a fight. They feel no pain that their opponent is atempting to deliver.

I tell you, I learned some strange things at that hospital.

Pat

Francois Tremblay

Patron with Honors
Something I have wondered about. Sociopaths..or psychopaths...(not sure which) supposedly have no empathy at all......yet they sometimes love to torture people, or murder them in slow ways to cause suffering. Why do they bother if they cannot empathize? How can you enjoy making someone suffer if you cannot empathise?

Hm. I don't know anything about that. My guess would be that it's not that they enjoy the suffering of the other person as much as they enjoy, say, revenge... not revenge against the victim, but proxy revenge against their parents or whoever they think wronged them.

The vast majority of sociopaths commit crimes because they are angered or want to get something, not because they want to make others suffer. They don't have empathy and don't really give a shit if you suffer or not.

Just another thought. Those who remain totally cold about others suffering...do they experience pain themselves, Probably not emotional pain I assume, but perhaps they also do not experience physical pain in the same way "normal" people do.....?

That's an interesting statement. I've never read about any studies being done on sociopaths and actual physical pain. So I'm afraid I can't answer that either. I assume they feel physical pain in the same way we all do, since they have the same nervous system and the same pain receptors.

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
oooo...the right answer is creepy! I could only figure the guy was in love with her sister...or her sister was more beautiful....jealousy motive. Whew!!