What's new

Purple the Scientologist

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi James! Thanks!

:)

Yes, Canberra Org is like a living, breathing IQ test. If you sign up for staff there you are at least borderline deficient. If you make it to Staff Status II you are at least a moron. If you serve out your two and a half year contract you are at least an imbecile. If you serve out your five year contract you are officially an idiot. If you are there more than five years... has anyone been there longer than five years? Well, there are no words.

Canberra Org is so suppressive that it even precipitated the blow of Jenna Miscavige Hill and her good man! So actually, hooray for the worst org on earth! It's kind of cool in a way.

Edit: Fortunately I am only an imbecile, having aimed for utter stupidity and missed!
:dieslaughing:

This would be funnier if it weren't so true...

J

Purple Rain

Crusader
[Letterhead]
[Address] [Phone]

12 August 1994

Continental Justice Chief ANZO
C/- Church of Scientology CLO ANZO
P.O. Box 3907 MARTIN PLACE
SYDNEY NSW 2000

Dear Sir,

For 15 months now I have been a blown Sea Org member. [Public person], a local Scientologist currently auditing on OT VII, has been very concerned about this situation and has made some enquiries on my behalf with the LC continental office and my former senior, the Cont FR, regarding the possibility that I may still receive a fitness board to officially route me out of the Sea Organization.

I have been told by [public person] that the feedback has been positive; and that per the Cont FR what I need to do is write to you to reaffirm my desire to get a fitness board in PT, and provide details of my previous fitness board cycle giving dates where possible (hence this letter).

On the 3rd of March 1993 I arrived in CLO for an Athena Cramming cycle. I was then the Flag Rep of ACT Org. On arrival I talked to my Senior, the Cont Flag Rep ANZO, and told her I needed to speak to the HAS or the Chaplain. She said I should talk to her about it first, so I told her that I wished to route out of the Sea Org. My Senior suggested that I do the Cram she had in mind and then, if I still wished it, she would help me get my fitness board. I was concerned about the time this would take, as I had left my three children back in Canberra and really only had a week or two to spend in Sydney. My Senior said that the cram would only take a week, and the fitness board could be done within 24 hours.

I agreed to do the Cram, but four days later I was certain that I wanted to leave, and went and told my Senior that I had changed my mind and just wanted to go on the routing form to get out. She told me that there was no routing form, and she would have to go and find out what to do. When she came back, she got me to read a couple of references on leaving the Sea Org, and told me that I was on MEST work until I got my Sec Check and Fitness Board.

It took another three weeks for my pc folders to arrive from America. During this time my ex-husband and mother had removed my children from the care of the DSA ACT with whom they had been staying.

Nine days later my folders had still not been C/S’d. My ex-husband rang me in a rage, threatening that he would sue me for custody of the children if I didn't get back to Canberra quick smart. My daughter was crying in the background. I CSW’d to go back to Canberra for the weekend, since it was Easter. My Senior approved my CSW , and I returned to Sydney late on the 16th of March. The next day I discovered that my ex-husband had cut off my maintenance. This was practically all of the family income, since my current husband was also a staff member at ACT Org. I had no grounds to contest this as my ex-husband was currently looking after the children for whom the maintenance was paid. I was stuck in the city without even the train fare to Lewisham where I was staying. I rang my husband reverse charge and he sent me, what I later found out was, his last $50.

The next day we put $390 on our credit card (taking it just over the limit) so that I could pay for the remainder of an intensive I had purchased in America. I thought that as a paid public I might be able to get through my Sec Check before my family went nuclear.

Two days later I thought I would be going into session, but had to go to Ethics to handle my PTS situation first. I was told I would need to do the PTS/SP course. At this point I gave up. From my viewpoint I was being asked to handle the fact that my family were upset that I was still in Sydney by staying in Sydney for weeks longer to do a course to handle the fact that my family were upset. Even if I had done the course, I then was given the impression that I had to handle my case state (unflat one week wait on int rundown, unfinished CCRD Repair, unfinished CCRD, unfinished KTL Clay Table 1) before I could get my Sec Check, before I could get my fitness board. I remained in Sydney half heartedly for another 23 days before returning to Canberra with my mother on Mother’s Day.

During this period, OSA became involved as my ex-husband is a journalist in Canberra, and his 2D is in charge of the entire ABC News Network in Victoria. Also my brother-in-law is a lawyer who studied under a rabid anti-Scientologist tutor at ANU in Canberra. According to my brother-in-law this man used to encourage ex-Scientologists to take the Church to court. My husband, then the KTL Sup ACT, told me that the DSA ACT had received a telex originating from OSA Int wanting to know why I had been accepted for staff in the first place, as they considered that I was unqual’d for staff.

Some of these details may be slightly inaccurate as it has been a long time, but the Cont FR can correct you if I have got any of it wrong. This is true to the best of my recollection.

Altogether I was in Sydney for nine and a half weeks for the purpose of routing out of the SO standardly. If I had simply wanted to blow I wouldn't have bothered to come to Sydney in the first place. Losing my children was too high a price for me to pay, and still is. Although I am unable to return to Sydney, I will be happy to provide you with any additional data you may need by phone, fax or mail so that my fitness board can happen. I would still like to leave the right way if this is at all possible.

I would very much appreciate it if you could let me know your decision at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

[signature]

[Purple Rain].

esmb0026ar_zps4073b999.jpg
esmb0026br_zps807d9f66.jpg
esmb0026cr_zps93020869.jpg

freethinker

Sponsor
I don't recall too many people from that part of the world but did meet quite a few Europeans, Mostly from Germany because I think they sent the most complete teams.

Your twin on the KTL looks very familiar and I remember another girl from Miami with short blond hair and a cocky attitude who was very Rah Rah about Mighty Miami.

I used to eat at the Chicken Delight. I arrived at the ITO in February and stayed until mid July. I missed the fiasco of the Chicken Delight.

I arrived in LA at 3AM and by the time i found berthing it was 5:30 AM or 6. I had to get up and go to the ITO on no sleep. At that time there was a situation with students sneaking back to the berthing and having sex.

When I got to the ITO I told them I had little sleep and needed to catch up. I was smoking a cigarette in the lobby and I heard a Psssst. I looked to the left and saw a woman with dark hair sitting at a very nice mahogany desk in a plush office. She summoned me with her index finger and said I wasn't supposed to be smoking in the lobby. She had an ashtray on her desk and I started to put it out and she said "No, you can finish it first, have a seat, I am the LRH Host." WE sat there for an hour talking and she fast tracked me onto the KTL. She seemed to like me.

I CSW'd to go back to berthing, catch up on sleep, and come in the next day. It was approved.

I got back to the base and berthing and started to prepare to sleep but it was still light out so I wanted to wander around a bit before i tried to sleep. I started walking down the hall and I heard a commotion. Someone was yelling "Check in there!" A woman and two men in SO uniforms were coming around the corner. I tried to duck into my room but she spotted me and screamed "You! What are you doing?!

I explained I had just arrived and I was trying to get caught up on sleep and handed her the CSW. She glanced at it and then began more screaming. I kept telling her I didn't know what she was talking about because I just got
there. She screamed "You are not going to sit around and do nothing, you are to go back to the ITO and go on course."

It seemed like a good idea not to argue with her so I said OK. I walked back to the ITO and got there in time to leave but the buses were late and I didn't get back to PAC until midnight. So much for catching up on sleep.

It turned out she was the Senior C/S ITO and the heat was on her for the out 2D situation so she was breathing fire to catch someone.

I had a number of interesting experiences while at the ITO including encounters with Reggi Caldwell, the CO ITO, but she seemed to like me as well so her ethics actions on me were a light slap on the cheek and a "Don't do it again."

Do you remember the kid from Twin Cities who had to have bright flourescent orange clay to do his clay reps with? He went type III and was baby watched till they could get him stable enough to send home. I don't know what happened to him but I had to watch him once.

If I gave you any money or cigarettes, don't worry about.:)

Omigosh, freethinker! I'm not sure - they didn't feed me anything except rice and beans because my org couldn't afford to pay for me. So I either nicked some real food from the table anyway - I had a penchant for the bagels and cream cheese and grape jelly - or ate next door at Chicken Delight when I was at the HGB and The New York George when I was over at PAC. I tried to get lost as much as possible after they tried to stick me in the galley on work study.

I arrived in LA on May 18, 1990 and was back in Sydney by August 5. Ironically you may also have met three of the other people in this story if you were there around at that time. My second husband arrived for the KTL evolution the day that I escaped, so I never saw him there and would never have dreamed that I would ever go out with him, let alone that we would ever marry. He was engaged to our future KTL auditor at the time, but she was still back in Australia as the OES. Oh, what a tangled web we weave, and Scientology is quite incestuous really.

My best memories of the HGB were cleaning Charlie Chaplin's office and being the runner for the LRH Host when they were presenting awards to the Disney artists who had worked on the materials. I always landed on my feet really, and of course going on the Key to Life walks with my lovely twin, Kim, from Miami.

Edit: Do you remember the CO ITO raising hell about the out-ethics students hanging out at Chicken Delight? I was so lucky not to be caught that day when the other students were busted!

Edit to the edit: If you were there at the time I might owe you money! :ohmy: Or cigarettes!

Gib

Crusader
Asking permission to survive and an OK to continue.

LOL when you look back at it.

Me too.

:nailbiting::nailbiting::naughty::giveup:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Purple Rain

Crusader
I don't recall too many people from that part of the world but did meet quite a few Europeans, Mostly from Germany because I think they sent the most complete teams.

Your twin on the KTL looks very familiar and I remember another girl from Miami with short blond hair and a cocky attitude who was very Rah Rah about Mighty Miami.

I used to eat at the Chicken Delight. I arrived at the ITO in February and stayed until mid July. I missed the fiasco of the Chicken Delight.

I arrived in LA at 3AM and by the time i found berthing it was 5:30 AM or 6. I had to get up and go to the ITO on no sleep. At that time there was a situation with students sneaking back to the berthing and having sex.

When I got to the ITO I told them I had little sleep and needed to catch up. I was smoking a cigarette in the lobby and I heard a Psssst. I looked to the left and saw a woman with dark hair sitting at a very nice mahogany desk in a plush office. She summoned me with her index finger and said I wasn't supposed to be smoking in the lobby. She had an ashtray on her desk and I started to put it out and she said "No, you can finish it first, have a seat, I am the LRH Host." WE sat there for an hour talking and she fast tracked me onto the KTL. She seemed to like me.

I CSW'd to go back to berthing, catch up on sleep, and come in the next day. It was approved.

I got back to the base and berthing and started to prepare to sleep but it was still light out so I wanted to wander around a bit before i tried to sleep. I started walking down the hall and I heard a commotion. Someone was yelling "Check in there!" A woman and two men in SO uniforms were coming around the corner. I tried to duck into my room but she spotted me and screamed "You! What are you doing?!

I explained I had just arrived and I was trying to get caught up on sleep and handed her the CSW. She glanced at it and then began more screaming. I kept telling her I didn't know what she was talking about because I just got
there. She screamed "You are not going to sit around and do nothing, you are to go back to the ITO and go on course."

It seemed like a good idea not to argue with her so I said OK. I walked back to the ITO and got there in time to leave but the buses were late and I didn't get back to PAC until midnight. So much for catching up on sleep.

It turned out she was the Senior C/S ITO and the heat was on her for the out 2D situation so she was breathing fire to catch someone.

I had a number of interesting experiences while at the ITO including encounters with Reggi Caldwell, the CO ITO, but she seemed to like me as well so her ethics actions on me were a light slap on the cheek and a "Don't do it again."

Do you remember the kid from Twin Cities who had to have bright flourescent orange clay to do his clay reps with? He went type III and was baby watched till they could get him stable enough to send home. I don't know what happened to him but I had to watch him once.

If I gave you any money or cigarettes, don't worry about.:)

I don't think I've ever been in a more highly sexually charged atmosphere than ITO during the KTL evolution. They bring all these young people brimming with hormones together from every part of America and the world and tell them CAN'T... must... CAN'T... must... CAN'T.... etc. Everyone was going around with their liability formulas. I always felt sorry for them and signed. One girl from Adelaide tried marrying a guy from Cincinnati so they could be together and they still got into ethics trouble and Scientology just sent them both back to their own orgs in different countries. She was so gorgeous! One time I walked into a shop right after she'd been there, and the shopkeeper said, "Are all Australian girls pretty?" I laughed and said, "Yes!" Lol!

When I got there the first thing they did was stick me on the e-meter and ask if I was there for the purpose of procuring sex and much to my horror it read. But the thought had actually never occurred to me. I was just so poor as a single parent on welfare that I never dreamed I would ever travel overseas - and suddenly I had the opportunity to go to America! So I was very excited about that, but the sex thing didn't occur to me up until that point. In the end it read as having been a protest read and my needle floated about that etc. etc.

I never did go out-2D with any of the students. There was one guy from Long Island I had a real crush on and it was always exciting if your shoulders brushed or something while you were riding in the back of somebody's truck to the HGB in the morning. Remember how people with trucks would give you a ride for a quarter? Sometimes I didn't have the quarter and I'd have to just walk. I spent a lot of time walking. I did end up going out-2D with a public Scientologist I met at the New York George, and a non-Scientologist I met when I was sitting outside ASHO supposedly working on my conditions from being sent to ethics over the public Scientologist thing. Actually I was working on a poem at the time when I met him. The non-Scientologist really got under my skin. It took me six months to get over him. At the time I thought it must have been some past life thing. Anyway, I ended up writing heaps of songs about him. I found the tape he made me the other night - when I was going through all my stuff. He spelled my name wrong, but I've kept it all these years even though I can no longer play it. It was playing all night the night we were together and he really, really wanted me to have it.

The way they treated students was appalling really. I got there and there was nobody to meet me. I had to wait four hours at the airport, and even then they only came out to get me because I was bringing a mailpack. A traveller from Canada was waiting with me for a couple of hours and when his ride eventually came he offered for me to stay with him - and I nearly said yes - just because I had nowhere to go and nobody was coming to get me. I was in a strange country for the first time in my life and I had to get help just to make a phone call.

By the time I actually got to the place there was nobody willing to finish the rest of my routing form and the students were leaving the building for the night. One of the crew there told me to follow some students back to the base, but I did not even know who were students and followed the wrong people. I got hopelessly lost. It was my first day in the country - I'd never seen any of those streets before. It just got later and later. Strange men kept walking along beside me and talking to me and I couldn't get rid of them. I was completely terrified. Eventually I asked a gas station attendant for help and he asked where I was going and I said "Sunset Boulevard" and his lip curled and he looked at me with contempt and refused to assist me. Fortunately I saw the Scientology cross lit up over Big Blue and managed to make my way there in the end. But I'll never forget the feeling of terror and just thinking that there was no way I was going to make it alive through the night. I truly thought my kids would never see me again and hoped that they knew that I loved them and would be okay somehow.

When I got to Big Blue the base was in uproar because a kid had been shot. So it took me until the small hours of the morning to be assigned to my berthing. The next morning they tried to wake me up for course but I refused to get up. I found my way there later that morning. It was easier in the daylight and exciting to see the stars on Hollywood Boulevard. One guy did leap out at me and offer me fifty dollars, which was a huge shock coming from where I do, and unfathomable to me given that I was dressed in my old college windcheater and runners. I eventually learned that the best way to get rid of unwanted attention was to tell people I was a Scientologist! Lol! Wearing my wedding ring didn't work, nor did telling people I was married.

I had a soft spot for Reggi. I thought she was S-C-A-R-Y though. I had no interactions with her personally fortunately.

I did do babysitting watch for one guy who cracked up during the clay table processing. He believed there were these bear like sort of creatures who were double-jointed and had huge claws. We got in trouble for chatting to him and taking him out to Griffith Park. Was he the one?

I did keep a record of who and what was owed, and I would pay people back their smokes and loans as I got my money - plus I always shared mine when I had it. But I left so unexpectedly when I finally blew that I think there was a total of less than fifty US dollars outstanding to various people when I went. And it always bothered me that I had told them I would pay it back and I no longer had the opportunity. The best I could do was when I left staff myself I sent money to the ACT students over at ITO on behalf of those other students from long ago. It was the best I could do, really. I no longer smoke, so not much chance of anyone getting those back!!

:p

Purple Rain

Crusader
13 October 1994

Guillaume Lesevre
Suite 1008 6331 Hollywood Blvd
LOS ANGELES CA 90029
USA

Dear Sir,

I have just received my copy of International Scientology News Issue 34, and thoroughly enjoyed being briefed on all the data. So, thank you!

I look forward to hearing more good news from around the planet. When Int Management first announced taking on the three suppressive groups I thought, "My God, in fifty years maybe!!!". Now, I am simply awe-struck as more and more reports come in of these targets actually becoming a reality. Congratulations to all those responsible. It makes me really proud to be a Scientologist.

I’m afraid that my last communication to you, which would have been the survey from the 1993 LRH Birthday Event on March 13 was rather poorly filled out. The truth is that I am totally confused as to my next step on the Bridge, and together with the fact that I was trying to route out of the Sea Org at the time I totally spun out on it, so for that I apologise. It was rude of me, and you certainly don’t deserve to be treated that way.

I have actually been a blown Sea Org member for a bit over 17 months now. I did go to CLO ANZO to route out, and stayed there for nine and a half weeks attempting to do so. However, my ex-husband (currently a reporter for Channel 10 television in Sydney) was threatening to sue me for custody of our three daughters if I didn't return home to them immediately. I know that I was wrong to blow, but I had to choose between two evils and I made my choice, although I would still like to do things Ron’s way and get a standard fitness board. I wrote to the CJC ANZO over 9 weeks ago reiterating my request for a fitness board in PT, and hopefully my request will be granted. From the data I have been given I am not currently declared or in the process of being declared, and nobody at Cont level particularly wishes to do so. However, it is difficult living with the uncertainty and waiting for the axe to fall, and although I would be devastated to be declared it would almost be a relief to at least know what to do next.

The reason it was taking so long for me to route out was that I am incomplete on (from earliest to latest) Grade 0, CCRD, KTL CT-1, CCRD repair, and Int Rundown. Getting my folders back from the States took four weeks. On top of this I needed my Sec Check to route out. Then I wasn’t able to go into session because of the PTS sit with my ex-husband. Then I was told I would need to do the PTS/SP course first. I am sure the course is a great action, but the whole reason my family was upset was that I was taking so long in Sydney away from my kids. I was far too PTP’d to put my attention on staying there longer.

My family are good people (even my ex-husband on the whole) and the antagonism to Scientology stems mainly from the overts I committed whilst on staff — leaving my children at home without supervision, ceasing to create on my family as I had before, having no other interests, relationships or contact with the outside world with which to increase the Reality between us, and pouring personal funds into my post on staff while my children went without shoes and the like.

I don’t know why I’m telling you all this really. Maybe I just don’t know what I should do. I don’t feel like I can bug the CJC about my fitness board given that I am so out-Ethics and have been for so many months whilst he is most likely a dedicated Sea Org member working his guts out each day on cycles of major importance to the planet. Maybe I should be declared and shouldn't even be wasting his time asking for a fitness board, but I would really like to be able to move on the Bridge again one day. I would like my husband to proceed from OT III straight to VIII. I would like to know that the Bridge is not closed to my children because of me. I would like to be able to hold my head high in the company of Scientologists. I would like to feel like it’s not an overt to communicate to other people. I would like to be able to have non-optimum situations without listing on whether I was the cause. I would like to know whether I’m a black hat or a white hat, and what, if anything, I should do to make things right.

In the meantime, I have been studying Sun Tzu's The Art of War, which has saved my bacon in many situations I have encountered over the last year or so. More recently I have also been thoroughly enjoying the Data Series, which has given me a lot more insight into my mistakes as a Flag Rep. In particular, being reasonable; accepting “explanations” as WHYS, dubbing in to make illogics seem logical, blaming exterior influences for past difficulties that, whilst true, didn't open the door to a handling for my area. Instead, I should have called in an Ethics Mission at the first hint of counter-intention to Int Management programs and orders, or of Ron’s policy being undermined and overruled by arbitraries, or disrespect for myself, my post and the Sea Org. I whitewashed so much dirt, went into agreement with so much Local alter-is, and allowed so many pins to be stuck into other staff and public that I can now only wonder at my stupidity. Still, I am paying for it now, and have done my learning as I usually do in the School of Hard Knocks.

I also took the recent Amnesty before it expired. It took me a while to do so, because I wanted to be exonerated on my own merits rather than open myself to claims that,"The only reason she isn't declared is because she took the Amnesty". However, Marion Whitta (now CO Tours, but better known to me previously as my Programs Chief HFA) said, "Don’ t be silly - the Amnesty is a free gift from International Management to everybody". So I took her advice and did so. It feels good to have done it now, but at the time it made me realise "Gosh, what a terrible person, look at all those things I've done!", whereas my husband did his and thought "Wow, I'm not such a bad person after all!" Now I can think, "Well, yes, I did do those things, but they're all in the past now where they belong", which does free up a lot of attention units.

Well, thank you for taking the time to listen. I appreciate that. If you have any suggestions for me they would be welcomed.

Sincerely,
[Purple Rain]

esmb0027ar_zps69288976.jpg
esmb0027br_zps63475a9f.jpg
esmb0027cr_zpsa8b067f4.jpg

Church of Scientology International
Office of the Executive Director International
6331 Hollywood Boulevard, Suite 1008, Los Angeles, California 90028 USA

October 25, 1994

[Purple Rain]
[Address]
AUSTRALIA

Dear Purple,

Thank you very much for your letter and telling me what happened. Sorry to hear that you blew, but I see you are trying to put things to rights and it is good that you took the Amnesty.

I recommend you sit down and do the exercise in HCO PL 26 Mar 75 CAUSE (page 263, OEC Volume 0). If you don’t have it already, get a copy of the Scientology Handbook - there is data in there which you can use to handle your situation and the environment.

I look forward to hearing that you are getting on top of things so let me know how it goes.

Love,
Captain Guillaume Lesevre
ED INTERNATIONAL
"A being is only as valuable as he can serve others”
L. Ron Hubbard
Founder

esmb0028r_zpsf1730aa8.jpg

Last edited:

Purple Rain

Crusader
So what exactly does it take to get out of the Sea Org... to get a "fitness board" out? By this stage, apart from the initial nine and a half weeks at CLO ANZO, where even the Continental Flag Rep ANZO admitted to me there was no actual routing form, I had been blown for nearly a year and a half. I'd written to the Continental Justice Chief, as suggested by a concerned local public person, and by the time I wrote to ED Int another nine weeks had gone past without hearing back from the Continental Liaison Office.

Not that I blame Neville or Doug for any of that. It is my belief that Neville went out on a real limb for me to help me get routed out properly. He was a great guy who I always liked and found funny.

But as far as Scientology raving on about all these bitter, defrocked apostates - it's one thing to make rules and another to prevent people from following them. The next sequence of phone notes I post will detail the numerous calls made to try and follow up my "cycle" and push the thing through. It is also interesting in that it lists the fitness board questions and my responses to those in my Scientology mindset.

Purple Rain

Crusader
esmb0029ar_zpse2668451.jpg
esmb0029br_zps3290f72c.jpg

07:45pm 2 Nov 94

Rang Snr HAS CLO ANZO. He wasn't there. Doug Anderson, Snr Qual Sec, answered. Asked him to have Snr HAS ring me back re what is happening about [Purple]'s Fitness Board cycle. Doug said "Nothing" and explained that he's the Chairman of the Fitness Board + nothings [sic] happening as they dont [sic] have her ethics files test results or even a comm from her about it. I said a comm was send about 12 weeks ago + he said it was news to him but maybe the Snr HAS knows about it. ([Purple] says the Cont FR has all her ETH files) I asked Doug to have the Snr HAS ring me. Doug said he had our number in his book.

[signature]

esmb0030r_zpsc8363fa3.jpg

4 Nov 94
9pm

Spoke to Neville White, Snr HAS CLO ANZO.

He said he had got [Purple]'s letter and all he needed was the answer to the FB questions, no she's already done that and I probably have enough in the letter anyway.

I just need to do it. It'll probably take about 2 days It won't happen immediately.

Nev said to ring him back in 4 days and check on how he's going.

[signature]

esmb0031r_zpsc73a9f28.jpg

8 Nov 94

Rang Neville.

[STRIKE]He apologized + said he'd forgotten all about it but he'd get onto it and do the paperwork.[/STRIKE]

(2) I said I'd ring him in 2 days He said... Thu, let's make it Friday.
(1) Done. With Doug.

[signature]

esmb0032r_zps8e40e2af.jpg

Fri 11 Nov 94

spoke to Mark Ellis ADL supportter [sic].
[STRIKE]spoke to Neville he apologized he hadn't pushed it.[/STRIKE]

(2) Spoke to Neville.
Doug hasn't done the paper work.
[Purple]'s FB hasn't been done yet.
Arranged for tomorrow
FB Secretary will review Nev's paperwork.
(Heard him tee up a person to be the Secretary)

Said I ring him on Sunday to see how it went.

[signature]

(1) He apologized + said he'd forgotten all about it but he'd get onto it

esmb0033r_zpsa68cd4ff.jpg

11am 13 Nov 94

Spoke to Neville:

Fitness board didn't occur as the person wasn't there on Saturday. It has been rescheduled for today. I should ring him again tomorrow morning.

[signature]

esmb0034r_zpsb50ff282.jpg

1019am
14 Nov 94

Neville

Write up:

Why doesn't want to be in SO in new unit of time?
How did she feel about the courses she did?
Can she apply the data from those courses?
Does she have any debts? data?
Is there anybody she knows that doesn't want her to be in the SO?
Do you feel that you are a competent SO member?
Has she ever seen a psych or psych? Data?
Do you have any medical dental or physical situation? (broken legs, ill every Sunday)
Do you have a criminal history?

02 267 2198 FAX

IJC 2 wks "a FB turndown" results

esmb0035ar_zps783fb78e.jpg
esmb0035br_zpsb6ad77b1.jpg

esmb0035cr_zps25958ecf.jpg
esmb0035dr_zps0b2d0941.jpg

FAX COVER SHEET

TO: CLO ANZO
Attn: SNR HAS

Fax: 02 267 2198

Phone: [number]

Number of pages: 4

Dear Neville,

Please find attached, Purple’s write up as promised.

ML
[Name].

CJC ANZO
-----------------
[Purple Rain]

14 November 1994

Dear Sir,

I have been told by my husband, [name], that the following questions need to be answered in order for my Fitness Board to proceed:

1. Why don’t you want to be in the S.O.?

When I first joined Scientology I was very unhappy, and involved in a disastrous relationship with a psychiatric case. So I was looking for happiness and a stable relationship, and I also wanted to help (I was already trying to help improve conditions for this psychotic I was involved with). But underlying that and even more importantly, I was looking for freedom. I looked for it in my previous church, and found that I was bound by other people's rules and other people's expectations. I was a staff member at Applied Scholastics Canberra for 1 year, and then spent 4 years on staff at ACT Org, for the last year of which I was also a Sea Org member. After 5 years spent on staff I was starting to feel the same way. I couldn't go where I wanted to go or do what I wanted to do without somebody's permission. I had to do things I didn't want to do, sometimes even things I thoroughly disagreed with. There was so much counter-intention to Standard Admin and Int Management programs and orders, that getting anything done was like walking through a hurricane with lead boots. To fulfill the demands of this hat I had to dump hats on every other dynamic, and even then it wasn’t enough. I was insulated from the rest of the world, and my whole life revolved around this little grey box which was the org. I was pursuing freedom yet I felt confined and constrained. It was as though I was forcing my soul into a mould that was entirely wrong for who I am. Nowadays I spend my life in a slightly bigger little box, and I still have not found my niche in life. But I know that I am not cut out to be a Sea Org member.

Also, my husband and children were not in the Sea Org with me. Since they did not want to join I could not have been sent to a post anywhere other than ACT without leaving them behind and, after the ED left for ITO to do his OEC/FEBC training, I was miserable working in ACT Org.

Beneath all this, of course, lie the inevitable overts. Was there suppression? I not-is’d it. Was there local alter-is? I bought it. Was there dirt? I whitewashed it. Were there false reports? I upheld them. Were there no reports? I absolved them. Was there non-compliance? I accepted it. Was there counter-intention? I changed course. Was there other-intention? I envied it. Was there stupidity? I rationalised it. Was the “Why” God? I prayed. Was there invalidation? I caved in. Was there HE&R? I became an object. Was there dramatization? I hid. Was there incorrect technology? I said "Whoops!" Were there incorrect applications? I said "Why close the gate after the horse has bolted?" I had power yet I never used it. I had authority yet I apologised for being there. I had seniority yet I was (figuratively) ordered around by the janitor. I never grew teeth, I never learnt how to muster bayonets, and I never raised hell. And that's the kind of Sea Org member I was. You can't keep a ship afloat with crew like that.

And now, in the present, I am finally out of all that. I don’t want to go back there again. I know that I am, in the ways that really count, a good wife and a good mother. That is something I can build upon until somehow, someday, I find a post in life that I am good at and can win on.

2. How did you feel about the courses you did?

I really enjoyed them. By the time I had finished my EPF I was on top of the world. The day I was accepted for the Sea Org was one of the happiest days of my life. I thought, “If a group like this accepts me as a member I must be really special”. I felt like I could do anything, like I was totally invulnerable, as part of this mighty juggernaut.

3. Can you apply the data from these courses?

I do apply a lot of it in day to day life, but there are obviously parts of it that I have been unable to apply, particularly on my former post as Flag Rep of ACT Org. I actually get a lot of my stable data from the Product 0 courses, although I doubt I would get an 85% pass ¡f I sat for the exams tomorrow. Most of it has gone too long without use in the environment for which it was intended.

4. Do you have any debts? If so, data.

Yes, I do: Rent arrears Aus$957.71. Mastercard Aus$1,381.00, Mum Aus$1,500.00 Tony Filardo US$50.00, Werner Zimmer Aus$200.00, Express Data Aus$200.00, and various ITO students US$45.00.

5. Is there anybody you know that doesn't want you to be in the S.O.?

Yes. Both my parents and my husband’s parents are opposed to Scientology. Although they came to accept that there was nothing they could do about it, they desperately wanted us out of there, particularly as staff members. They are very happy now that we are no longer on staff and are effectively off the Bridge. They are, however, happy to support our personal enhancement in any other area of our lives. My sister and brother-in-law are also vehemently opposed to Scientology, and unlike my parents they never really reached that point of acceptance. My husband’s sister has still not forgiven him for going to the States without telling his parents. She does not communicate with us. My ex-husband was always fairly accepting of my right to choose my own religion. Despite being a journalist, he never prevented the children from becoming involved. However, he consistently became enraged when I neglected the children in favour of my post - something which resulted in passionately bitter scenes. Apart from this we do still care about what happens to each other and maintain an amicable relationship which includes some socialising from time to time. My two youngest children were very happy for me when I joined the Sea Org, and also wanted to join. My eldest daughter was always a bit opposed to my being on staff, both because my relationship with them changed so drastically and because the rest of our family, her best friend and her best friend’s family are so opposed to Scientology. By the time I blew all three children had had enough and were glad that I had left. Also my three best friends whom I have known for 24 years were concerned about me, and pleased and relieved when I left.

6. Do you feel that you are a competent S.O. member?

After being off post for 20 months and blown for 18, I no longer consider myself to be an S.O. member. I do consider myself to be extremely competent in the areas in which I excel, and often have valuable contributions to make to my husband's work. I am the Dreamer in this partnership, and he is the Doer, although I also work hard to make my dreams become a reality. Together we are quite a formidable combination, each compensating for a lack in the other. So I no longer beat my breast or tear my hair over what an incompetent S.O. member I was. I know that I have a lot of exchangeable qualities and, with willing teamwork, can competently execute many projects of my own devising.

7. Have you ever seen a psych or a psychologist? Any data on that.

Not really, no. I was once sent to the student counsellor by one of my lecturers at the Canberra College of Advanced Education (now the University of Canberra) for some assistance with my studies. This was back in 1983 when I was doing a Bachelor of Arts in Secretarial Studies - something I decided
was not for me after the first year. (It was another 4 - 5 years before I first became aware of Scientology). The counsellor noticed that I was very tense and wanted to hypnotise me, which I refused. He then did a relaxation session with me, which was similar to what we had regularly done in my Drama class at High School. He lent me a relaxation tape which I listened to once, but never really got into. He seemed very wise to me at the time, but I was never really comfortable with him and that was as far as it went.

8. Do you have any medical, dental or physical situation?

Nothing major. I get asthma (for which I take Ventolin and Becloforte), hayfever and occasionally eczema (on which I use a cortisone-based cream called Cortic). I have a tooth that needs root canal therapy or pulling, but the nerve is dead and it doesn't ache anymore. I am several stone overweight but have lost at least a stone through sensible eating over a period of several months.

9. Do you have a criminal history?

No. ACT Org should have a copy of my crim check from the local police which confirms this.

I hope this is what you need from me,
Sincerely,
[Purple Rain].

esmb0036r_zps6c4fa5f0.jpg

15 Nov 94

[2nd husband] rang me back at around 5pm and told me he'd spoken to Neville White and Neville had received the fax that we sent him. He said that Neville seemed very hassled on other cycles , but [2nd husband] got the impression that the fax just needed to be stapled together with the other paperwork and have the FB Secretary look over it again. He told [2nd husband] he could ring him tomorrow and check on the progress.

[signature]

This matches what I was told by Neville + the idea's [sic] I get from the conversation.

[signature]

esmb0037r_zpsa5b378d8.jpg

8pm
16 Nov 94

Rang Neville.

It is'nt [sic] done yet. He's still compiling it. He couldn't just staple it (FAX) onto the back of his earlier submission. However it has progressed and he reckons it will be done by Saturday. By done, he said he meant through everything except uplines and I should ring him then.

[signature]

esmb0038r_zps8210a715.jpg

6:26pm
20 Nov 94

Spoke to Neville.

Not done yet. Needs to be compiled. Will get his compiler onto it
Ring him again tomorrow. (Was on libs yesterday)

[signature]

esmb0039r_zps33690389.jpg

21 Nov 94
8:26pm

Rang Neville

Didn't get compiled
Offsider hasn't done it
Will bring some pressure to bear on the offsider tonight
Should be able to report a done to me tomorrow night.

[signature]

esmb0040r_zps705e43dc.jpg

1035pm
22 Nov 94

Rang Neville.

He's in a meeting.

Left msg for him to ring me tonight before 12

Told It would also be a good idea for me to try again later + that the meeting would end about 11 o'clock.

Don't know who I spoke to female voice, youngish.

[signature]

esmb0041ar_zpsd8eceeab.jpg
esmb0041br_zps92b2a06e.jpg

11 pm
22 Nov 94

Rang Neville

The cycle is an I/P.

I asked what he meant by I/P he said it's on his junior's disk I/P. He elaborated that it has progressed and will be a done by tomorrow. I queried what he meant by done: is that typed up fully? Yes.

I asked if he was copping any flack because of this cycle. He said not really. I asked what flack he was copping he said just a little from the MAA + a few others along the lines of "Who is this chick?" and why are we doing this cycle.

I stated/reenforced that the cycle is being done because it needs to happen, it is the right thing to do and the old man said it should be done. Neville agreed that there is policy on this.

I said I'd ring him again tomorrow and pointed out that the sooner the cycle is done it should have long since been the less often people will wonder whatever is this cycle Neville is on.

[signature]

esmb0042r_zpsbdb47dc7.jpg

27 Nov 94
3:53pm

Spoke to Neville. He said the FB has been done locally and will go up to INT on Tuesday in the MPK.

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
I remember hearing about the marrige how much turmoil it stirred. Two people trying to be ethical instead of going out 2D get an even harsher reality of life in SCientology.

I remember seing liability formulas for looking at free newspapers that had ads for escorts and the person swearing it would never happen again. I thought, "You have to be kidding me." But these shell shocked students were desperate to shed themselves of anything that might resemble an overt that they would consider anything an overt, even looking at someone and having a thought.

I thought that because I arrived in the early morning that it was unusual to not be met at the airport but from what you describe, it was SOP. It's amazing that students were not lost to the streets of LA nad end up on Missing Posters or reported as missing to the police.

I don't remember hearing about anyone being shot so that information must have been suppressed pronto and with fierce authority. Don't know how I missed that one.

It appears you were lucky to have found your way because people can dissapear in a city as big as LA.

The one time I watched that kid who went Type III, we did take him on a walk because he wanted to go somewhere and promised not to run. There were five of us all together, two women, myself and two men. One being the kid himself so maybe I met you then but I was so focused on the kid not bolting that I have little recall of what everyone else looked like. I did give a cigarette to a girl in the dorm room who was sitiing on the floor by the door. The room was not well lit and maybe that was you but like I said, don't worry about it. I'm sure you won't lose sleep over it, I didn't.

At one point I realized I had to get out of LA or I might not ever. I CSW'd to go back from where I came and finish KTL/ LOC there. It was reluctantly approved but approved under the provision that i come back to LA and do my internship there. I had no intention of going back but had to be convincing that I would. It didn't make sense to come back. I didn't go back and though I finished back at the org, I became the Academy Sup instead because the one that was there went "off the rails" for months. He later went to Flag for the Class VIII Evolution and was gone 5 years. When he came back, I had already left staff and was working on leaving Scientology all together because I realized that no one was stable on staff and the public not much better off.

I managed to get off staff and leave Scientology in an undeclared state but ended up being declared for not moving up the Bridge, if you can believe that, and can only assume I was declared for repayment because I never received my Declare but I'm certain I was.

ITO was a lot of fun for me and I have fond memories of being there but if I had stayed, I'm sure I would be writing of the nightmares today. I left in time.
:omg:
I don't think I've ever been in a more highly sexually charged atmosphere than ITO during the KTL evolution. They bring all these young people brimming with hormones together from every part of America and the world and tell them CAN'T... must... CAN'T... must... CAN'T.... etc. Everyone was going around with their liability formulas. I always felt sorry for them and signed. One girl from Adelaide tried marrying a guy from Cincinnati so they could be together and they still got into ethics trouble and Scientology just sent them both back to their own orgs in different countries. She was so gorgeous! One time I walked into a shop right after she'd been there, and the shopkeeper said, "Are all Australian girls pretty?" I laughed and said, "Yes!" Lol!

When I got there the first thing they did was stick me on the e-meter and ask if I was there for the purpose of procuring sex and much to my horror it read. But the thought had actually never occurred to me. I was just so poor as a single parent on welfare that I never dreamed I would ever travel overseas - and suddenly I had the opportunity to go to America! So I was very excited about that, but the sex thing didn't occur to me up until that point. In the end it read as having been a protest read and my needle floated about that etc. etc.

I never did go out-2D with any of the students. There was one guy from Long Island I had a real crush on and it was always exciting if your shoulders brushed or something while you were riding in the back of somebody's truck to the HGB in the morning. Remember how people with trucks would give you a ride for a quarter? Sometimes I didn't have the quarter and I'd have to just walk. I spent a lot of time walking. I did end up going out-2D with a public Scientologist I met at the New York George, and a non-Scientologist I met when I was sitting outside ASHO supposedly working on my conditions from being sent to ethics over the public Scientologist thing. Actually I was working on a poem at the time when I met him. The non-Scientologist really got under my skin. It took me six months to get over him. At the time I thought it must have been some past life thing. Anyway, I ended up writing heaps of songs about him. I found the tape he made me the other night - when I was going through all my stuff. He spelled my name wrong, but I've kept it all these years even though I can no longer play it. It was playing all night the night we were together and he really, really wanted me to have it.

The way they treated students was appalling really. I got there and there was nobody to meet me. I had to wait four hours at the airport, and even then they only came out to get me because I was bringing a mailpack. A traveller from Canada was waiting with me for a couple of hours and when his ride eventually came he offered for me to stay with him - and I nearly said yes - just because I had nowhere to go and nobody was coming to get me. I was in a strange country for the first time in my life and I had to get help just to make a phone call.

By the time I actually got to the place there was nobody willing to finish the rest of my routing form and the students were leaving the building for the night. One of the crew there told me to follow some students back to the base, but I did not even know who were students and followed the wrong people. I got hopelessly lost. It was my first day in the country - I'd never seen any of those streets before. It just got later and later. Strange men kept walking along beside me and talking to me and I couldn't get rid of them. I was completely terrified. Eventually I asked a gas station attendant for help and he asked where I was going and I said "Sunset Boulevard" and his lip curled and he looked at me with contempt and refused to assist me. Fortunately I saw the Scientology cross lit up over Big Blue and managed to make my way there in the end. But I'll never forget the feeling of terror and just thinking that there was no way I was going to make it alive through the night. I truly thought my kids would never see me again and hoped that they knew that I loved them and would be okay somehow.

When I got to Big Blue the base was in uproar because a kid had been shot. So it took me until the small hours of the morning to be assigned to my berthing. The next morning they tried to wake me up for course but I refused to get up. I found my way there later that morning. It was easier in the daylight and exciting to see the stars on Hollywood Boulevard. One guy did leap out at me and offer me fifty dollars, which was a huge shock coming from where I do, and unfathomable to me given that I was dressed in my old college windcheater and runners. I eventually learned that the best way to get rid of unwanted attention was to tell people I was a Scientologist! Lol! Wearing my wedding ring didn't work, nor did telling people I was married.

I had a soft spot for Reggi. I thought she was S-C-A-R-Y though. I had no interactions with her personally fortunately.

I did do babysitting watch for one guy who cracked up during the clay table processing. He believed there were these bear like sort of creatures who were double-jointed and had huge claws. We got in trouble for chatting to him and taking him out to Griffith Park. Was he the one?

I did keep a record of who and what was owed, and I would pay people back their smokes and loans as I got my money - plus I always shared mine when I had it. But I left so unexpectedly when I finally blew that I think there was a total of less than fifty US dollars outstanding to various people when I went. And it always bothered me that I had told them I would pay it back and I no longer had the opportunity. The best I could do was when I left staff myself I sent money to the ACT students over at ITO on behalf of those other students from long ago. It was the best I could do, really. I no longer smoke, so not much chance of anyone getting those back!!

:p

Purple Rain

Crusader
I remember hearing about the marrige how much turmoil it stirred. Two people trying to be ethical instead of going out 2D get an even harsher reality of life in SCientology.

I remember seing liability formulas for looking at free newspapers that had ads for escorts and the person swearing it would never happen again. I thought, "You have to be kidding me." But these shell shocked students were desperate to shed themselves of anything that might resemble an overt that they would consider anything an overt, even looking at someone and having a thought.

I thought that because I arrived in the early morning that it was unusual to not be met at the airport but from what you describe, it was SOP. It's amazing that students were not lost to the streets of LA nad end up on Missing Posters or reported as missing to the police.

I don't remember hearing about anyone being shot so that information must have been suppressed pronto and with fierce authority. Don't know how I missed that one.

It appears you were lucky to have found your way because people can dissapear in a city as big as LA.

The one time I watched that kid who went Type III, we did take him on a walk because he wanted to go somewhere and promised not to run. There were five of us all together, two women, myself and two men. One being the kid himself so maybe I met you then but I was so focused on the kid not bolting that I have little recall of what everyone else looked like. I did give a cigarette to a girl in the dorm room who was sitiing on the floor by the door. The room was not well lit and maybe that was you but like I said, don't worry about it. I'm sure you won't lose sleep over it, I didn't.

At one point I realized I had to get out of LA or I might not ever. I CSW'd to go back from where I came and finish KTL/ LOC there. It was reluctantly approved but approved under the provision that i come back to LA and do my internship there. I had no intention of going back but had to be convincing that I would. It didn't make sense to come back. I didn't go back and though I finished back at the org, I became the Academy Sup instead because the one that was there went "off the rails" for months. He later went to Flag for the Class VIII Evolution and was gone 5 years. When he came back, I had already left staff and was working on leaving Scientology all together because I realized that no one was stable on staff and the public not much better off.

I managed to get off staff and leave Scientology in an undeclared state but ended up being declared for not moving up the Bridge, if you can believe that, and can only assume I was declared for repayment because I never received my Declare but I'm certain I was.

ITO was a lot of fun for me and I have fond memories of being there but if I had stayed, I'm sure I would be writing of the nightmares today. I left in time.
:omg:

Yeah, their whole attitude reminds me of that Goodies "gender" education video. Lol!

[video=youtube;0oWaIdhkGx0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oWaIdhkGx0[/video]

The child that was shot belonged to one of the public Scientologists. I later ran into him at the New York George and he told me his son was fine. (His name was Bob and he was really nice. He was not the person I went out-2D with.) What happened was that he was carrying his son home when he noticed some youths spraying graffiti on one of the buildings in the area. So he tried to stop them and they pulled out a gun and fired it while he was still carrying the young boy, and it hit the child. So security was in an uproar when I got there, not surprisingly. One good thing about being in the Scientology space was that it was generally quite safe - at least it always felt that way to me.

Yes, I was very lucky. I truly thought I would die, and that was not the only time walking those streets by myself as I had to.

I really think we must have met that day, freethinker. I remember five people doing the babysitting thing as well. Was the guy wearing orange? Was his name something like Marvin? I really don't remember all the details clearly, but Lemar the cool, black guy was there. I don't know if it was the same day, but he told me he induced an abortion when his girlfriend got pregnant just by thinking about it and he could go exterior to read street signs and so forth. Did you know Lemar? I saw him a few times and I really liked him. Anyway, I am sure he was there that day. In fact, I think he was the one who said to me, you know, "We're taking whatsisname to Griffith Park.... Would you like to come along?" and I was like "What is Griffith Park?" It was the first time I'd been.

Yeah, it was lucky you left when you did. Our KTL C/S was still there from the Pro TRs evolution!! He had left behind a girlfriend with no means of support and their two year old son. By the time he got back, many years later, she had re-partnered. I just escaped in the dead of night without permission. I really didn't think they would let me go, and my mum had just told me that my daughter's court case was in a couple of days. I just had to get back and I was right in the middle of a whole lot of case shit and ethics shit and I just did not think they would let me.

freethinker

Sponsor
British humor can be very funny for me or it can be WTF? That was funny.

You know, now that you describe the whole shooting thing with the graffiti, I think I heard something and I think we even went out on the back steps to see if we could find out more.

I used to think of going to NY George as a special thing because they served breakfast. I like any restaurant that serves breakfast and combinations of bacon, pancakes, hashbrowns (potatoes) and eggs and toast. It is one of my favorite meals.

Both you and Sallydannce have an ability to write. You have different styles but you both have the ability to captivate the reader and leave them anxious for the next installment. There are proffessional writers that would give their other arm to have people begging for more and you both seem to naturally have it.

Ok I really suck at names but Marvin doesn't ring anything even if it is his name. He was a chubby kid with light hair either dirty blond or light red hair and he was about six feet tall, could have been less but I remember a white shirt. Did he change shirts just before the walk? Like was he wearing white and then changed to orange for the walk?

I don't recall the significance of Griffith Park or the name really but I do have my problems with names. I remember it was by accident that I ended up babywatching that kid because I was walking by the room on the way to mine and someone asked for a cigarette. I think everyone there did and because I was curious, I walked into the room and a girl there had been watching him for some time and needed a break and asked if I would watch him for a period of time. I agreed. We had to read the Type III hat write-up which said not to believe anything they told you etc.

So, I think it was you because per the hat write up, we weren't supposed to take him for a walk and did anyway.

I don't remember Lemar but he could have been there. I was focused on the kid not blowing because he could have just ran at any moment.

I just spoke to a friend on the phone who is not onlines but talks to Scientologists that he knows. he said he was about to do his OTVII. My friend said he heard that there was a GAT II. The guy said it was true. My friend said why would they need that what was wrong with GAT I? The guy said it was messed up from the start. My friend asked how. He said, "Marty Rathbun messed the whole thing up from the beginning."

There you have it, Dave gets revenge on Marty by making him the SP that fucked up the GAT to where they had to scramble to fix it all for GAT II.

It completely makes sense that Dave would use Marty to sell the crap all over again and it is my opinion that that is what Squirrel Busters was all about, to sell the public that Marty fucked up the tech.:yes:

OK, Back on the subject, I came back to this thread tonite because i though you mentioned that you were in the Royal Austrailian Air Force. Did I get that right or did I misread something? I was looking for the post but the phone wrang and I just found out that Marty is the WHO and WHY of the failure of the GAT.:omg: I wonder f Marty knows this?

Years?! The Pro TRS to the KTL and Many Years? I am very glad I left when I did because I was starting to like it there - The people anyway.
Yeah, their whole attitude reminds me of that Goodies "gender" education video. Lol!

The child that was shot belonged to one of the public Scientologists. I later ran into him at the New York George and he told me his son was fine. (His name was Bob and he was really nice. He was not the person I went out-2D with.) What happened was that he was carrying his son home when he noticed some youths spraying graffiti on one of the buildings in the area. So he tried to stop them and they pulled out a gun and fired it while he was still carrying the young boy, and it hit the child. So security was in an uproar when I got there, not surprisingly. One good thing about being in the Scientology space was that it was generally quite safe - at least it always felt that way to me.

Yes, I was very lucky. I truly thought I would die, and that was not the only time walking those streets by myself as I had to.

I really think we must have met that day, freethinker. I remember five people doing the babysitting thing as well. Was the guy wearing orange? Was his name something like Marvin? I really don't remember all the details clearly, but Lemar the cool, black guy was there. I don't know if it was the same day, but he told me he induced an abortion when his girlfriend got pregnant just by thinking about it and he could go exterior to read street signs and so forth. Did you know Lemar? I saw him a few times and I really liked him. Anyway, I am sure he was there that day. In fact, I think he was the one who said to me, you know, "We're taking whatsisname to Griffith Park.... Would you like to come along?" and I was like "What is Griffith Park?" It was the first time I'd been.

Yeah, it was lucky you left when you did. Our KTL C/S was still there from the Pro TRs evolution!! He had left behind a girlfriend with no means of support and their two year old son. By the time he got back, many years later, she had re-partnered. I just escaped in the dead of night without permission. I really didn't think they would let me go, and my mum had just told me that my daughter's court case was in a couple of days. I just had to get back and I was right in the middle of a whole lot of case shit and ethics shit and I just did not think they would let me.

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Oh my, that was from "The Goodies"?

yep, typical brit sarcastic humour. I think that was intended as a dig at the pro censorship movement that was gaining momentum there then and it was starting to get a bit silly.

Purple Rain

Crusader
British humor can be very funny for me or it can be WTF? That was funny.

You know, now that you describe the whole shooting thing with the graffiti, I think I heard something and I think we even went out on the back steps to see if we could find out more.

I used to think of going to NY George as a special thing because they served breakfast. I like any restaurant that serves breakfast and combinations of bacon, pancakes, hashbrowns (potatoes) and eggs and toast. It is one of my favorite meals.

Both you and Sallydannce have an ability to write. You have different styles but you both have the ability to captivate the reader and leave them anxious for the next installment. There are proffessional writers that would give their other arm to have people begging for more and you both seem to naturally have it.

Ok I really suck at names but Marvin doesn't ring anything even if it is his name. He was a chubby kid with light hair either dirty blond or light red hair and he was about six feet tall, could have been less but I remember a white shirt. Did he change shirts just before the walk? Like was he wearing white and then changed to orange for the walk?

I don't recall the significance of Griffith Park or the name really but I do have my problems with names. I remember it was by accident that I ended up babywatching that kid because I was walking by the room on the way to mine and someone asked for a cigarette. I think everyone there did and because I was curious, I walked into the room and a girl there had been watching him for some time and needed a break and asked if I would watch him for a period of time. I agreed. We had to read the Type III hat write-up which said not to believe anything they told you etc.

So, I think it was you because per the hat write up, we weren't supposed to take him for a walk and did anyway.

I don't remember Lemar but he could have been there. I was focused on the kid not blowing because he could have just ran at any moment.

I just spoke to a friend on the phone who is not onlines but talks to Scientologists that he knows. he said he was about to do his OTVII. My friend said he heard that there was a GAT II. The guy said it was true. My friend said why would they need that what was wrong with GAT I? The guy said it was messed up from the start. My friend asked how. He said, "Marty Rathbun messed the whole thing up from the beginning."

There you have it, Dave gets revenge on Marty by making him the SP that fucked up the GAT to where they had to scramble to fix it all for GAT II.

It completely makes sense that Dave would use Marty to sell the crap all over again and it is my opinion that that is what Squirrel Busters was all about, to sell the public that Marty fucked up the tech.:yes:

OK, Back on the subject, I came back to this thread tonite because i though you mentioned that you were in the Royal Austrailian Air Force. Did I get that right or did I misread something? I was looking for the post but the phone wrang and I just found out that Marty is the WHO and WHY of the failure of the GAT.:omg: I wonder f Marty knows this?

Years?! The Pro TRS to the KTL and Many Years? I am very glad I left when I did because I was starting to like it there - The people anyway.

Oh, yeah, I loved the people. And oddly enough with no possessions and no money it was the most free I've ever felt in my life. It was kind of exciting to live by my wits - very edgy and the whole on the edge of adrenaline all the time thing. It was sort of wild and I liked that. I liked that a homeless man kissed my hand. I liked that there were people out in the streets at all hours even if half of them were crazy.

Mostly I liked that it was the first place that anybody really liked me - where I wasn't teased or bullied or treated like I was deficient in some way - one of the out group. Nobody knew anything about me or my past. They just took me for who I was. It was like when you're a little kid and you don't know someone but once you say hello you're friends even if you don't know each other's names. It was probably the first place I ever really felt like I was pretty.

It was funny when we had our 35th high school reunion, all the boys were like, "What the hell was wrong with us? All these pretty girls in our class and we didn't even see it". So that was quite funny.

But mostly it was a great time to be there because Crocodile Dundee had come out and every man and his dog loved Australians. I don't think there could have ever been a better time in history to be in the USA as an Aussie! Lol! It was so cool! Nowadays, it's like, meh... little insignificant country... so what?

Yeah, I don't know what he was wearing or what his name was really, but I do remember the reddish hair and tall - and was he sort of a solid build? That's what I remember. But yep, the thing said, WHATEVER YOU DO ABSOLUTELY DO NOT TALK TO THIS PERSON OR TAKE HIM FOR A WALK, or something like that, so off we all went!! ROFL!! That's still one of my proudest moments!

New York George was the first place I ever went where you could pay for one cup of coffee and sit there all day drinking the stuff. They just kept coming round and refilling it. I was like, "Sweet!!" and people were like, "Don't they do that where you come from?" and I was like, "No...."

My ex-husband that I married when I was on staff after the KTL evolution was in the Australian air force. He left to follow his fiancee into the Sea Org. She went to ITO on the KTL evolution and fell for the other guy who was stuck there since the PRO TRs evolution and they fired back to our org together. So he was just doing the bit on LOC when he's lining up all his personal org board and suddenly discovers that he's been dumped for this other guy. Then all three of them had to work as a KTL team together. It was so horrible but LOL! I felt so sorry for him in that situation. That's how we got together. I just sort of started spending time with him hoping to help smooth things out. And nineteen years later when we finally separated we'd given it a hell of a good try, really.

Anyhow, must go. I have packing to do. Thank you so much for saying nice things about my writing. It is such a compliment to be compared with Sallydannce, whose writing I really admire.

:)

Have a great day, freethinker!

Purple Rain

Crusader
Oh my, that was from "The Goodies"?

yep, typical brit sarcastic humour. I think that was intended as a dig at the pro censorship movement that was gaining momentum there then and it was starting to get a bit silly.

Yes, I adore the Goodies! One of my favourite espisodes is the lighthouse one.

[video=youtube;8jYCTyRtGOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jYCTyRtGOU[/video]

Purple Rain

Crusader
Psycho boyfriend

pb01r_zps0bc7f05f.jpeg

pb03_zpsa378df67.jpeg

pb02r_zps0b4c525f.jpeg

pb04r_zpsa9a48b74.jpeg
pb05r_zps2a0a92c7.jpeg

These were taken when I worked for Applied Scholastics in 1988. Guess who was looking after the children?

[Address]
12 January 1994

CF Officer AOSH ANZO
19-37 Greek St
GLEBE NSW 2037
AUSTRALIA

Dear Sir,

Could you PLEASE stop sending mail for [psycho boyfriend] to this address. [Psycho boyfriend] was convicted in a court of law for sexual molestation of a minor in this household. It is very enturbulating to continue to receive mail for him. My husband has been returning these to you for some months now but the mailings haven’t yet stopped.

[Psycho boyfriend] has also had psych treatment in an institution and has been on both street and psych drugs. I do not have a forwarding address for him nor do I ever wish to have one.

I trust we will no longer receive mail for him.

Sincerely,
[Purple Rain].

P.S. We also receive mail for members of my family which I very much enjoy and would like to continue to receive.

P.P.S. Please change [2nd husband]’s mailing address from “PO Box 2545, CANBERRA CITY” to the above address.

esmb0043r_zpsb4dacdc1.jpg

Purple Rain

Crusader
25 August 1994

[Scn BFF]
[Address]

Dear [Scn BFF],

Last night [public person] told us that you and [fiancé] were to be married on September 10, and although you could have knocked me down with a feather and despite all that has happened between us, I wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and wishing you all the very best.

When I found out that you felt I was a suppressive and that my husband was PTS to me I was deeply hurt, more so because I had always been closer to you and considered you probably my best friend. Both [2nd husband] and I had a lot of love for you, and we felt betrayed. You were the one person we really trusted at that time. We didn't expect you to condone us, but we didn't expect you to condemn us either. Well, I guess you must have felt pretty betrayed by us, too, and have your own reasons for thinking as you do.

Nevertheless, looking back over the times we shared together, I remember all the kindnesses you showed me, all the times you gave of yourself, how much you cared about others, and how you always tried to DO something. Even after life slapped you down, you’d get up and try again. I remember the intimacy of being able to share feelings and thoughts with you, the understandings of one another, the swapping of advice. The teasing, the joking, the schoolgirl giggling. I know that on the whole you go out of your way to make people happy, so I am pleased for you that you are finding such happiness yourself.

It still hurts to think of you, so I seldom do these days. Thinking of you now has cost me a few tears. It's easier to remember the bad things because anger is better than pain, but I don't want to end up as bitter and twisted. I prefer now to think of the good things - memories from the past and postulates for the future.

I hope also that [nice former ED] will find the same happiness one day, as I am very fond of him as I'm sure you are too. It was good while it lasted, and I'm sure you both did your very best to keep it there despite the odds. I find that things have a way of working out the way they are supposed to and that, as Ron says, "it will all come out alright". I have heard good things of [fiancé] from [2nd husband], [public person] and [other public person], and I hope that you both achieve all you want in life and continue to flourish and prosper across all your dynamics.

You are a very beautiful lady and I know you will be an absolutely exquisite bride. Your man had best treasure what he's got!

All the very best,

[Purple Rain]

esmb0044ar_zps5e73caf5.jpg
esmb0044br_zps3dbc23fe.jpg

JustMe

Patron Meritorious
Purple thank you so much for sharing all this. I just managed to get caught up on this thread.

Freethinker was right. You write beautifully and make people want to read what you have to say and look forward to more. I think that is because you write with your heart. And others can sense that and and grow closer and closer to you as you tell of your life.

How very insane it was that so many of us good people were caught up in the madness of scientology and organized scientology.

But you are free now!

And Freethinker, thank you so much for all you shared in this thread too. It felt so good to get to know you better.

Finally Purple, your have asked for your declare in the past and it seems you never got it. So I am going to declare you so you no longer have to wait. Here goes:

DECLARE ORDER

Purple Rain

Purple Rain is hereby declared a beautiful, loving and wonderful person who freely gives her love and who has touched us greatly through speaking with her heart.

And furthermore, Purple Rain is hereby declared my sister and my friend. Forever!

Just Me
Founding Member: Volunteer SPs of Central and Southern New Hampshire
and
Admiral: Anonymous Northern Fleet

There you go Purple, it is done!

You are declared :hug:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Purple thank you so much for sharing all this. I just managed to get caught up on this thread.

Freethinker was right. You write beautifully and make people want to read what you have to say and look forward to more. I think that is because you write with your heart. And others can sense that and and grow closer and closer to you as you tell of your life.

How very insane it was that so many of us good people were caught up in the madness of scientology and organized scientology.

But you are free now!

And Freethinker, thank you so much for all you shared in this thread too. It felt so good to get to know you better.

Finally Purple, your have asked for your declare in the past and it seems you never got it. So I am going to declare you so you no longer have to wait. Here goes:

DECLARE ORDER

Purple Rain

Purple Rain is hereby declared a beautiful, loving and wonderful person who freely gives her love and who has touched us greatly through speaking with her heart.

And furthermore, Purple Rain is hereby declared my sister and my friend. Forever!

Just Me
Founding Member: Volunteer SPs of Central and Southern New Hampshire
and
Admiral: Anonymous Northern Fleet

There you go Purple, it is done!

You are declared :hug:

I think I just got the nicest declare order in the world!! I'm so glad I'm declared!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :woohoo:

:buzzin::sing::hifive::party:

Oi, keep it down you lot! We're getting noise complaints from another thread!

P.S. I like you!

:hug:

Purple Rain

Crusader
12 September 1994

[Scn BFF]
[Address]
AUSTRALIA

Dear [Scn BFF],

Hope the reality of your honeymoon and new life together is even better than you dreamed it would be!!!

I'm not sure what your last name is now - I'm guessing that you have changed your name (???).

Enclosed is a copy of my contribution to your wedding photo collection. I think I did very well, if I do say so myself, which I do! 80% of the time I caught you at your best, and there was only one photo I considered unsuccessful enough to censor (the first one I took where you were still warming up) and that is in my safekeeping here at home. Pretty damn hot statistics, eh? [Daughter 2], who was not at the wedding, looked through the photos and said, “Oh, what a lovely wedding!”, so they communicate, too! Ok, ok, yes, you and [new husband] do deserve some of the credit for looking good and having a great wedding. . .

[2nd husband] and I spent last weekend breaking our balls to get [Daughter 3]'s room (soon to be our room) painted. We'll probably still be painting every night this week ... bummer! My fair, white hands have become coarse and red already, and the dispossessed furniture has flooded the house like refugee lemmings. We also went to see "True Lies" with [public person], which is a damnably fine movie.

My Mum is going to live, although she needs the breast removed. Nevertheless, we are very happy little Vegemites!

Much love,
[Purple Rain].

esmb0045r_zps05ad0d33.jpg

[Purple Rain]
[Address]

15 September 1994

Dear [Purple],

Thank you very very much for the photos you sent us. They are lovely, and it is so nice to have some captured memories of the day.

It was so very good to see you again. Until then, I had not realized just how much I had missed you. I guess the last few weeks in which you were on post were so fraught with tension, which, I might add, was not just generated by you, that a lot of closeness and trust went out the window then already. I had thought of you though during the months since then, and had often wondered how you were and what the future would hold for you and [2nd husband] and the girls and whether you would ever come back to the church, not on post, but as public. I still hope that this will happen one day, because I do believe that Scientology is good and that LRH did what he did because he cared for his fellowmen. It gets difficult though when people forget that first and foremost it is about caring and helping and compassion.

I find it tough beyond reason at times to be on post, with the financial strain often putting me into a position where my head spins with finance PTP’s and I don’t do well on post. So I fully understand your position — between you and me, please. I would also like to tell you that I do not hold you solely responsible for what has happened; I saw things going on which were not right, in the way you and [2nd husband] were handled, and I am at fault for not speaking out. Anyway, for now that is water under the bridge, though the day will come without doubt where these things will be addressed and put right.

I also wanted to let you know that the money I owe [2nd husband] is not forgotten; I hope that now, with a bit more stability in my life, I can get some money together and pay this off quickly. I am sorry to have let this go, but I have of late nothing left once I handle rent and food. Please let [2nd husband] know, will you.

I was shocked to read your comment about your mother; I had no idea that she had been ill and I am glad to know that she will be alright.

Reading about your 'renovations' to your house was good, and I got the sense of fun, despite all the generated confusion, which you guys are having.

Please be in touch; I shall call you one day soon and we'll make some time to meet. At the moment I am a little short of time, trying to sort out my life and getting some balance back in there. But boy, it is glorious to have a real second dynamic again! What am I saying - not just any 2nd dynamic, but [new husband].

Thank you and [2nd husband] and [Daughter 1] for being with us on our wedding day. Please say hello to the girls and to [2nd husband] from me.

Much love,
[Scn BFF]

esmb0046ar_zps693a68fe.jpg
esmb0046br_zps2606fa1a.jpg

19 September 1994

[Scn BFF]
[Address]
AUSTRALIA

Dear [Scn BFF],

Hello, once again and thankyou muchly for your letter! It is so nice to be in comm again.

I’m glad you liked the photos, especially after all my boasting about them!!!

I don’t really consider myself to have left Scientology. We are in pretty good comm with the AO or CLO whenever one of those terminals phones us, and from my viewpoint I thought we had been in pretty good comm with [HGC Auditor] when he used to phone us while doing call-in. It is true that I am not moving on the Bridge, but my movement up the Bridge in the 4 years prior to my leaving staff was also negligible. I envy [public person] her trips to Flag, and would love to go there myself some day. [2nd husband] and I have tried to get in as much Tech, particularly Admin, as possible in our lives, such as Family Org Board and sorting out of Hats, 2D Admin Scale, fully computerized (E)PO/FP system (light years in advance of anything we had at the org at the time), fully computerized audits system, FBO system etc., not to mention setting up a workable family ethics system, computerizing our family addo and creating CF folders, carding our assets and working out what our family stats should be. The majority of this work is yet to be done, but we put the time [2nd husband] was unemployed to good use and have made a pretty good head start. It is hard to stop seeing things from an organization viewpoint, nor would I wish to. Indeed, we still use the conditions and other Admin Tech in [2nd husband]’s post at work, and are still largely product-oriented. It is harder for us to stop working than to work, and as a team we are continually creating in the area of his company. We have always made a good team, but these days we are pretty spectacular. There is just no-one around to stop us from creating the things we want to create or doing the things we want to do. I do question things more these days than I once did, and I now refuse to violate my own reality, but I think this makes me richer as a Scientologist and as an individual. I have also written to CLO requesting a Fitness Board in PT, but have had no reply, either written or verbal, for five weeks now.

I also believe that Scientology is good and that LRH did what he did because he cared for his fellow men. I have a lot of respect for the Sea Organization and for the staff members all round the world that are working hard to clear people and to build a better world. Once [nice former ED] and [other OEC/FEBC grad] return I will be happy to lend them my support, but only for as long as they continue to uphold policy, keep Scientology working, and do things Ron’s way. I don’t expect perfection all at once, but I do expect them to have the willingness to do the right thing and to create the spirit of Scientology within the organization. I hope you can understand that the org is not a safe place for me in PT, and I think I know the actions and statistics of the place well enough to determine this. If you could show me proof that things have truly changed, I would be prepared to look.

I have never discussed any of the confidences we shared, save in my amnesty write-up (where I did admit that I had criticised other members of staff to you) and with [2nd husband]. I will certainly continue to keep our private conversations private.

I do understand what you are going through on post, and I fervently hope that with two OEC/FEBC grads running the org and the standard actions being done, both you and the org can survive better. I think you are doing a good thing, and working for a very sane group in OSA. My respect for Vicki Hanna is unbounded. Her handling of us was like a drowning man being thrown a line. She was always so sane and rational, and granted us so much beingness despite the circumstances. I see her as a kind of Knight, fighting tirelessly to protect the Church, yet always remaining chivalrous even to her opponents. At that moment my faith in the Church system, and hence the Church, was reborn. The OSA products are so important and far-reaching that almost every week I see or hear something that I know must be the result of OSA's tireless efforts. Let’s face it, it's the Office of Special Affairs that is really changing this society and waging the war necessary to keep it free. I know that the demands of this war are inhuman and compounded by being isolated in a remote outpost where the conditions are necessarily difficult anyway. If the war does leave you too badly injured or killed off entirely and you are forced to route out before or after your contract expires, I for one would still see you as a hero. To wear the victor's laurels when the war is won is of course even more admirable.

I passed on your message to [2nd husband] re the $$$. He does understand the position you have been in, as he has been there himself. It would be good to get it back at some stage, as it is costing him money not only in devaluation but also in the bank interest we have been losing on it. In addition we have freeloader bills totaling approximately $40,000 and would like to get back on the Bridge some day as well as build our own home. We have shifted our dateline from six years to about one year using a standard FP and 10% to backbills approach, and that was mainly whilst on the dole. It really does work — it takes a long time but it is highly workable. We certainly don’t want you or your family to suffer hardship over this. The statements go out routinely every four weeks as part of Treas policy, and are intended to be an on-policy happening rather than an effort to make you feel bad. I think that [2nd husband] is just happy that you communicated about it, and that is the main thing. We trust you to pay if and when you can, and I think that all that needs to be said has now been said.

We have finally finished painting the room, and are now catching our breath before we have to lay our "floating" timber floor (as advertised on TV by Harvey Norman or "Hardly Normal" as it is known in [2nd husband]'s company). We have also ordered a Holland blind for the window (a light pink colour called "Chiffon" with a lace inset). I am attempting to construct a tart's boudoir and am doing quite well so far. [2nd husband] thinks this room might turn out to be dangerous, and I fully intend that it shall, brazen hussy that I am! We have also picked up a tiny particle board "linen press" that we are going to paint and stick behind the door to solve our shelving/drawer space problem. We also went to Freedom and checked out some of the furniture that I want, which gave me a bit more mass on it. This is all getting rather expensive and out of hand, but once committed there is now no turning back. I just hope that [2nd husband]'s heart can take the strain. It's not easy being a husband, and it's particularly difficult to be married to me!

I have also finished knitting the left front and back of a baby jacket for my new nephew. As a first-time auntie I am revelling in the experience! Today, after I finish this letter, I hope to make some good headway on the right front.

I'm glad you’re enjoying your 2nd dynamic with [new husband] as it should be enjoyed. I cannot emphasise too strongly how important it is to have that balance in one’s life — it is hard to truly begin to be the 3rd or 4th dynamics when one’s 1st and 2nd are shot to hell. I think LRH even says something to that effect somewhere, but cannot be sure about that offhand.

I should love to see you again, and I was very moved to see you at your wedding. There is no rush, though; make sure you take all the time you need to get your life really grooving together. I am still trying to sort mine out properly!?! In any case, I will be here, I'm not going anyplace in a hurry. I'll keep in touch with my good 'ole letters — you'll understand if I don't call you at the org. [2nd husband] would make the call for me, but I would feel self-conscious in the extreme. Besides, this way I get to use my good Turkey stationery which I designed with much pride. [2nd husband] didn't like us being positioned with turkeys, so I took his name off it, but I do feel that one needs to be able to laugh at oneself from time to time.

I shall look forward to your call.

Much love,
[Purple Rain]

esmb0047ar_zpse1086093.jpg
esmb0047br_zpsb1c68d06.jpg

esmb0047cr_zps2a0e591a.jpg
esmb0047dr_zpsc4402a1a.jpg

Last edited: