What's new

Question for Emma re. Scn's 2010 (and later) Fair Gaming of her.

Veda

Sponsor
Was it ever determined, definitely, who was behind these actions?

Who were the prime movers behind these hurtful and unjust acts?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Good question ... also, just reminding anyone who remembers it all that whoever it was didn't manage to destroy the very real friendships we have here ... and @Emma can get as ratty as she likes (with me, for having thoughts of my own and expressing them) and I will still love her, forever!

So there.

:clap2:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Veda,

I put in a request for all documents with FOI Australia. I got an email back saying they can't help me. So I've applied to FOI Victoria Police for all files, documents, interviews, case notes, legal documents, transcripts ANYTHING I can get my hands on. When I do I'll let you know what I find.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
The thing that got me started down this rabbit hole was remembering that when they found Arnie's CD, the cop says "Oh Arnie Lerma, now that's interesting".

How would Vic Police know ANYTHING about Arnie Lerma if they were not in communication with OSA first.

Also when the sergeant finally called me 7 months later to tell me that they weren't going to charge me, he says "You should stop attacking a religion". WTF? Why would he care about who I was "attacking"? Isn't his only concern cyber crimes? And how hard did he try to find ANYTHING on me to charge me? 7 MONTHS to search a few computers.

I dunno....I hope I get answers to my questions.

Glenda

Crusader
Hey Veda,

I put in a request for all documents with FOI Australia. I got an email back saying they can't help me. So I've applied to FOI Victoria Police for all files, documents, interviews, case notes, legal documents, transcripts ANYTHING I can get my hands on. When I do I'll let you know what I find.
Hi Emma,
I just had a look at the freedom of information laws in Aust. and also the privacy laws for managing personal data.

Firstly it seems that Aussie has a bit of an issue releasing FOI data.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ormation-regime-keeps-australians-in-the-dark

Another way of tackling this, if your recent request to Victorian Police is fruitless, is using your Privacy Act, 1988. From what I can tell an individual can request data that is held about them personally from both private sector and government agencies. So in the first instance fire off a request under the Privacy Act requesting any data held on you as a person. Depending on how that goes you have 2x options.

1. If declined: get your Privacy Commissioner office to look over your case and give you some guidance, support.
2. If data is released on you, then you can look it over to make more targeted FOI requests. Given that it seems your FOI system is over-loaded and not functioning well this may be a more fruitful approach. You do have the right to your personal information in Australia.

Data on your privacy laws and steps to take to make requests.

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/your-privacy-rights/your-personal-information/

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Also when the sergeant finally called me 7 months later to tell me that they weren't going to charge me, he says "You should stop attacking a religion". WTF? Why would he care about who I was "attacking"? Isn't his only concern cyber crimes? And how hard did he try to find ANYTHING on me to charge me? 7 MONTHS to search a few computers.
Maybe it was 1 week to search the computers and 6 3/4 months to let you stew. The comment already shows cult influence.

Paul

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hi Emma,
I just had a look at the freedom of information laws in Aust. and also the privacy laws for managing personal data.

Firstly it seems that Aussie has a bit of an issue releasing FOI data.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ormation-regime-keeps-australians-in-the-dark

Another way of tackling this, if your recent request to Victorian Police is fruitless, is using your Privacy Act, 1988. From what I can tell an individual can request data that is held about them personally from both private sector and government agencies. So in the first instance fire off a request under the Privacy Act requesting any data held on you as a person. Depending on how that goes you have 2x options.

1. If declined: get your Privacy Commissioner office to look over your case and give you some guidance, support.
2. If data is released on you, then you can look it over to make more targeted FOI requests. Given that it seems your FOI system is over-loaded and not functioning well this may be a more fruitful approach. You do have the right to your personal information in Australia.

Data on your privacy laws and steps to take to make requests.

https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/your-privacy-rights/your-personal-information/
Thanks Glenda, this is very helpful.

freethinker

Sponsor
The thing that got me started down this rabbit hole was remembering that when they found Arnie's CD, the cop says "Oh Arnie Lerma, now that's interesting".

How would Vic Police know ANYTHING about Arnie Lerma if they were not in communication with OSA first.

I dunno....I hope I get answers to my questions.
Write to someone in Parliament who might have a hair across their butt about Scientology. FOIA requests can be denied or ignored. Being a pest can get results.

freethinker

Sponsor
Maybe it was 1 week to search the computers and 6 3/4 months to let you stew. The comment already shows cult influence.

Paul
Could be more like 2 days search and 208 days to sweat. They are supposed to have evidence of the existence of what they are looking for.