What's new

Question For Removing Name From Scientology Completion Service Website

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I hereby attest I have no examples of any good that has come from Kristi's web site. Does anyone?

You aren't here for any positive dialogue are you? :duh:

There are numerous examples of critics utilising the completions site to confirm Scientology operatives. Scientologists on missions often use the phrase "I'm not a Scientologist, but......." when sending letters or posting comments to blogs or news sites etc. This site maskes it very easy to prove otherwise. They have also been used to identify Scn operatives in real life scenarios.

Personally (as I've already told you) those sites really helped me wake up to the false stats Scientology blinds its members with. I also know of several other people who were not ready to hear "XENU XENU XENU!!" but were ready to hear about the basic and fundamental lies Scientology tells its membership about its so-called expansion. Once the first level of lies is exposed, people are ready to hear more & more. Kristies sites are invaluable in this regard.

Now, please tell me what terrible harm has befallen someone because their name was listed on that site.

freethinker

Sponsor
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorshipincluding literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "
What Works Are Protected
My goodness! :omg:

You are confused once again. It is most definitely NOT true that "anyone can publish it once it has already been published." Following your deluded advice can result in a hefty fine and/or jail time.

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
No - I'm the one who owes the apology. I should have given you the benefit of a doubt. Sorry about that.

Obiwan I didn't find Lulu's comments uncalled for but somewhat funny. But what is really funny to me is that this was a simple question and it has now gone over 15 pages of responses. I expected a handful of responses and this thread to die as alike mayfly live span.

justin

Patron
You aren't here for any positive dialogue are you? :duh:

Unfathomable comment. I asked for examples of positive effects of Kristi's site because I know of none myself.

There are numerous examples of critics utilising the completions site to confirm Scientology operatives.

So, everyone on Kristi's site is a Scientology operative? So, if I had your name and Googled it and found it on Kristi's site that would mean you are a Scientology operative?

It sounds like you're arguing my side by showing how her site misrepresents the situation.

BTW, is Kristi an ex-Scientologist? If so, where is her name on the list?

Personally (as I've already told you) those sites really helped me wake up to the false stats Scientology blinds its members with.

OK, you've given an example. I will take your word that you couldn't see the empty orgs or hear the echos of your footsteps as you walked to the course room but upon reading a list of names ... bingo! False stats!

Any other examples?

justin

Patron
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

What does copyright protect?
Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorshipincluding literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright does not protect facts, ideas, systems, or methods of operation, although it may protect the way these things are expressed. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section "
What Works Are Protected

You are very confused on this subject. Trust me. :yes:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Unfathomable comment. I asked for examples of positive effects of Kristi's site because I know of none myself.

So, everyone on Kristi's site is a Scientology operative? So, if I had your name and Googled it and found it on Kristi's site that would mean you are a Scientology operative?

It sounds like you're arguing my side by showing how her site misrepresents the situation.

BTW, is Kristi an ex-Scientologist? If so, where is her name on the list?

OK, you've given an example. I will take your word that you couldn't see the empty orgs or hear the echos of your footsteps as you walked to the course room but upon reading a list of names ... bingo! False stats!

Any other examples?

How does "Fuck off troll" sound?

justin

Patron
It would be safer to trust a crocodile, Scientologist.

I guess the government is confused as well.:whistling:

OK don't listen to me. Find yourself some books that have been published and take them down to Kinkos and copy them and sell them on eBay. Be sure to select recent popular books, especially ones that are being made into movies. Let us know how it turns out.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
<...snip>
Any other examples?
Several quick personal examples off the top of my head;

(1) An estranged family member who disconnected from me because of my involvement in scientology (yes, it works both ways) checked my name on Kristi's site, realised from the listings that I hadn't done anything in scientology for quite a while and decided to contact me. Believe me, it was a positive result.

(2) I was contacted by an old scio friend but I couldn't remember her history in scio and how we knew each other. I checked Kristi's site. That helped me quickly place the person and recall our interaction of 20 years ago. We're now firm friends again.

(3) Recently the Big List Of Ex-scientologists who have spoken out against the CofS topped 1,500. Kristi's lists were invaluable in ascertaining that those speaking out had, in fact, once been bona fide scientologists. It helped push the Big List over 1,500.

Your turn.

Last edited:

justin

Patron
How does "Fuck off troll" sound?

Like the nicest thing anyone's said to me on this forum. Why?

But, I'd really like to know how to use Kristi's web site to find Scientology operatives.
Could you explain how it's done?

freethinker

Sponsor
I said non-copyrighted but you ignored that as you did many other posts and suggestions.
OK don't listen to me. Find yourself some books that have been published and take them down to Kinkos and copy them and sell them on eBay. Be sure to select recent popular books, especially ones that are being made into movies. Let us know how it turns out.

justin

Patron
I said non-copyrighted but you ignored that as you did many other posts and suggestions.

Except that everything written in the USA is automatically copyrighted upon completion. There is no need to file anything. It's been that way for many years.

freethinker

Sponsor
For a short period of time but I'm not talking about something authored, names and facts can never be copyrighted which is what is being discussed here; not intelectual property which names and facts are not.
Except that everything written in the USA is automatically copyrighted upon completion. There is no need to file anything. It's been that way for many years.

justin

Patron
For a short period of time but I'm not talking about something authored, names and facts can never be copyrighted which is what is being discussed here; not intelectual property which names and facts are not.

... and this means what in relation to what ... ?

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Since this is one of the posts that are so conveniently ignored by "Justin", I'll just quote it here.

Several quick personal examples off the top of my head;

(1) An estranged family member who disconnected from me because of my involvement in scientology (yes, it works both ways) checked my name on Kristi's site, realised from the listings that I hadn't done anything in scientology for quite a while and decided to contact me. Believe me, it was a positive result.

(2) I was contacted by an old scio friend but I couldn't remember her history in scio and how we knew each other. I checked Kristi's site. That helped me quickly place the person and recall out interaction of 20 years ago. We're now firm friends again.

(3) Recently the Big List Of Ex-scientologists who have spoken out against the CofS topped 1,500. Kristi's lists were invaluable in ascertaining that those speaking out had, in fact, once been bona fide scientologists. It helped push the Big List over 1,500.

Your turn.

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
And another thing . . .

If I was still active in the C of S and I wanted to make a business deal with another Scn'ist I would be reluctant to do so---too many opportunities for the church to get involved, such as demanding I give so-and-so more or less business, not being allowed to take someone to a real court of law, insisting that one or the other party take a KSW or other course, and so on. I'd rather deal with a wog/earthworm/meatball.

Helena

TG1

Angelic Poster
I now regret and would like to retract every "Like" I posted to Justin's earlier posts on this thread.

Lesson learned: The Internet is a cruel mistress. She does not forgive.

TG1

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I now regret and would like to retract every "Like" I posted to Justin's earlier posts on this thread.

Lesson learned: The Internet is a cruel mistress. She does not forgive.

TG1

:lol:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

TG1

You can change your mind. Go back to the relevant post. You will see that the "Like" icon has changed into an "Unlike" icon. This is not the same as the "Dislike" icon. If you click the "Unlike" icon it will withdraw your endorsement. You can toggle them back and forth if you want.

Paul

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Well, you are right. With my suggestion, all the data would still be there for research and proof of the church's lies. But, as you say, it could not be implemented.

Kristi wouldn't do it. But even if Kristi did do something like that, people like Infinity and Mr. Nobody would just clone the data, host it elsewhere and ensure it was searchable -- probably even take steps to ensure the Google ranking was as high as possible.

Would it help if I mirrored the site and implemented the robots.txt thing?

:biggrin:

Paul