Question on Natural Clear

Jump

Operating teatime
Ant person who thinks he can just pay over some money and get in return a Cadillac-ride to spiritual enlightenment is a sucker for every conman in the street.

There's one born every minute - did anyone ever tell you that?

Any man might be much happier working his arse off for a St Hill of beans.

Last edited:

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

What was very telling about scientology's grade chart system was the way someone with the ability to do so could virtually talk themselves through to attestation ... and that applied not just to "clear" and "natural clear" but also to the "OT" levels.

We now know it was all a hoax anyway, there are no clears or OT's so authenticity wasn't an issue, they just went through the pretence of authenticating the various levels.

In actuality four spoken words ("I'm mocking it up" or something very similar) and presumably the correct indicators and needle phenomena were enough to attest to "clear" and it wasn't hard to get through the OT levels either (up to OT3 anyway, I gave up after that).

I'm pretty sure the tek staff genuinely believed in what they were doing, but they were/are probably the most deluded people in scientology and certainly do the most damage.

I was stunned at how easily I was allowed to attest once I decided I was going to do so ... the relief was wonderful though because it meant I could walk out and never return and I did just that.

:yes:

I had a similar experience. Looking back on it, it was obvious that I wasn't clear (even if that state exists) because within a month of attesting to it I was in London and quickly found out that I was still agoraphobic.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
"Clear" is an empy box which has another empty box inside another empty box
with lots of labels outside the empty box presently being opened "Natural Clear"

The Shell game, where is the pea, or as once famously said.

Show me a motherfucking clear :thumbsup:

JustSheila

Crusader
People who have subconscious commands telling them what to do and say are pretty messed up. IRL labels are schizophrenics, delusional and maybe even extreme OCD. Frightening sort of people when they're not on the right medications and/or the appropriate psychological counseling. Directed by imaginary external beings and not controlling themselves or their actions.

That's a small percentage of the human population but I think we've all met a few. I guess that makes everyone else a natural clear. It's unfortunante that those people with commands directing their behaviours never achieved clear, either (nobody has) and scn usually makes them even more delusional. No healing there.

That doesn't mean some of us haven't accidentally realized a thing or two along the way. That happens to anyone who is just generally trying to improve themselves and become a better person, though. It happens to anyone who has the ability to re-assess and correct their behaviour, it's part of normal life.

The tek sucks and hurts vulnerable people.

Elronius of Marcabia

Silver Meritorious Patron
Discussing clear is like discussing Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny
lovely idea as long as you don't become deluded as to the actual existence
of said beings:yes::coolwink:

JustSheila

Crusader
Touché, Elronius! :thumbsup:

Discussing Natural Clear is like discussing anyone who can differentiate between imagination and reality.

Discussing Clear is like discussing the Tooth Fairy's cup size.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Discussing clear is like discussing Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny
lovely idea as long as you don't become deluded as to the actual existence
of said beings:yes::coolwink:

It's just another ego trip for someone to applaud themselves over, like past life clear although without nearly the same credibility concerns.
We sure learned to set ourselves up for applause as Scientologists, even if it's only our own.

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's just another ego trip for someone to applaud themselves over, like past life clear although without nearly the same credibility concerns.
We sure learned to set ourselves up for applause as Scientologists, even if it's only our own.

Very true.

I know a couple of people who left years ago. Neither of them had much auditing while they were in but now they've left they both decided they are past life clears. Like you say, it's just an ego trip.

When I was in the cult I knew one guy who kept insisting he was clear until they eventually let him attest to it. Then he decided he wasn't clear so he insisted on de-attesting. Then he said he was actually some super OT state and wanted to attest to it. When they wouldn't let him attest he left and eventually saw a psychiatrist who put him on prozac.

Boy I'm glad I'm out.