What's new

questions for the exes from anon

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Silver Meritorious Patron
This can occur!

In the United States, Scientologists claim that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax exemption granted to the Scientology related businesses under IRS Tax Code section 501(c)(3) after extended litigation gives their religion a U.S. government stamp of authenticity.

However, they have violated Tax Code section 501(c)(3)!!!!

The exact violations are: Lobbying is supporting or opposing a piece of legislation at any level of government or at the ballot (in the form of an initiative or referendum).

AND/OR

Electioneering is supporting or opposing a candidate at any level of government.

THIS OPPOSITION HAPPENS TO EVERY CANDIDATE WHO SUPPORTS PSYCHIATRY IN ANY WAY, NO MATTER HOW SMALL!!! ALL SCIENTOLOGY PUBLIC AND STAFF (AND SO) ARE ENCOURAGED TO "VOTE FOR THE OTHER GUY" WHEN A CANDIDATE WHO SUPPORTS PSYCHIATRY IN ANY WAY IS RUNNING!

THEIR Tax Code section 501(c)(3) SHOULD BE REVOKED!!!!
:omg:

Yes, I was asked to work with the Church's lobbyist in Washington, DC.

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
I don't know about now but in olden days the Guardian's Office used to tape every call in and out of the org. (I know this because if you said something on the phone that was a little off they'd visit you later in the day - saying of course that it was OT abilities that they knew what you said :dieslaughing: ). Maybe somebody should make a sign (for members' benefit) asking why the OSA is still taping the calls now?

Is that even legal?

Last edited:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know about now but in olden days the Guardian's Office used to tape every call in and out of the org. (I know this because if you said something on the phone that was a little off they'd visit you later in the day - saying of course that it was OT abilities that they knew what you said :dieslaughing: ). Maybe somebody should make a sign (for members' benefit) asking why the OSA is still taping the calls now?

Is that even legal?

It depends on the jurisdiction. In some jurisdictions, it would be, others no.

For example, in New York, as long as one party in the coversation knows, it's okay. In Michigan, both parties have to know.

With businesses - I'm not sure.

This is why almost all customer service numbers for businesses have a disclaimer that the call may be recorded for quality assurance.

WHen I was in (90s) I do not believe it was happening at all. Because there were some things that I said on phone that could have gotten me in deep doo-doo.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
It depends on the jurisdiction. In some jurisdictions, it would be, others no.

For example, in New York, as long as one party in the coversation knows, it's okay. In Michigan, both parties have to know.

With businesses - I'm not sure.

This is why almost all customer service numbers for businesses have a disclaimer that the call may be recorded for quality assurance.

WHen I was in (90s) I do not believe it was happening at all. Because there were some things that I said on phone that could have gotten me in deep doo-doo.

Federal law for private telephone recording is 'one party', meaning, at least one party to the conversation must be aware of the recording. Some states have more stringent requirements; 'all parties', where everyone party to the conversation must be aware of the recording. This was part of the bone of contention with the 'Linda Tripp' recordings, since they involved a conversation between a 'one party' and an 'all party' juristiction.

Businesses/bosses usually can record employee calls on the business system, but, there can be limitations; for example notification, and, who knows whether the 'Church' would be considered a 'business' in this sense or the 'staff', employees.

Zinj

clambaka

insanely good thread! hope you dont mind me jumping in?

started well, i thought, but then the road to somewhere or another unpleasant was paved with good intentions was it not. then post after post of insightful, unvarnished reality.

so i guess im anon, that was what originally caught my attention, reptilian? maybe, but not i hope an unenlightened one. certainly not a 'tweentie'! :whistling:

i am, however, still trying to get my head around the wrongness of the corporation of $cientology, juxtaposed to the spirituality of scientologists..you guys have had years. which makes me feel a bit like walking on eggshells. i certainly dont wish to offend or disrespect, but i do feel like im suffering from something akin to shock; in fact the word 'enturbulated' fits the bill remarkably well.

i have been a wiccan for 25yrs, work ceremonial, explored and explore philosophies, beliefs, history and generally try to understand every possible point of view. expanded my mind, shrunk my mind, enjoy a beer (etc) drive cars fast but given up motorbikes, and am frankly astonished that im still alive.

its said that there is a very fine line between genius and madness, and im not convinced that hubbard didnt get close to true inspiration. he did however, in my opinion, fall just short of 'understanding' with each philosophy he utilised (plagiarised) to form the whole. somehow the beauty of each was overlooked, the love was missing along with the compassion, humility and thusly the power.
the sadness is that it could so easily work.

but then there is the other side of the coin, and its very tarnished indeed. i dont see how the co$ will be able to survive in its present form. david miscavige has gone way beyond acceptable. this is way past lulz; that may have started it, but then you lot (please forgive generalisation) educated us.

for myself (and im not alone in my thinking), im also worried about the fallout. governments have failed the citizens by allowing this to happen, we must be ready to make them accept a certain responsibilty for whatever rehabilitation is necessary.

anyway, need to go feed man and dog..yes, domestic goddess too :D

hope i have contributed, you have certainly all given me much to ponder

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Clambaka, the thing of it is that the people you are reading here, probably 100%, started down this road out of an honest intellectual curiosity. They (we) joined staff out of a sense of purpose but also fun. You are reading the comments of well-intentioned people who have, basically, been fucked up the ass. I know because it still hurts a little when I sit down.

But if you could wrap up the energy of all these contributors at the moment they asked what life was all about you would find the intent was positive, honest, and caring (though some might laugh if they think I'm being a little schmatlzy).

lrnobs

Patron with Honors
its said that there is a very fine line between genius and madness, and im not convinced that hubbard didnt get close to true inspiration. he did however, in my opinion, fall just short of 'understanding' with each philosophy he utilised (plagiarised) to form the whole. somehow the beauty of each was overlooked, the love was missing along with the compassion, humility and thusly the power.
the sadness is that it could so easily work.

Real life application of centuries of wisdom did work and does work. Hubbard derailed the original train. Scn could have been a very good thing.

Björkist

Another idea for a sign:

LOOK,
DON'T LISTEN
exscn.net

Any staff member would know that "look, don't listen" is an LRH quote having to do with finding out the truth of a situation; go and take a look yourself, don't just listen to juniors. So LRH is saying "look, don't listen" and church officials are yelling "don't look, don't look". You got to love the irony.

RL

Good one!

Seems this could apply as well for those critics who eagerly gobble up any negative info without "looking".

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Good one!

Seems this could apply as well for those critics who eagerly gobble up any negative info without "looking".

Scientology's problem is that people *are* looking. And Scientology is trying to hide, but, not very successfully. Remember, Ron said the only discussion of Scientology in the newspapers should be on the 'religion' pages?

Ooopsey...

Zinj

Björkist

Scientology's problem is that people *are* looking. And Scientology is trying to hide, but, not very successfully. Remember, Ron said the only discussion of Scientology in the newspapers should be on the 'religion' pages?

Ooopsey...

Zinj

Ooopsey is right....

confuse.jpg

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can't name my sources, but they were eye witnesses and credible.

Hmmm.....Shelley is absolutely right of course. I'm just surprised she said it. She's been imprisoned for at least two years now. I cold just imagine the flap if she presented herself to Inside Edition.

As for DM C/Sing, why the hell not. He knows all by divine revelation. And he is, among many other things, holding both IG Tech and Sr D/S Int hats from above.

shader

Patron with Honors
I've read the story about DM personally C/S ing Lisa McPherson's Clear sessions elsewhere on the net, it was a direct quote from a witness. I'm trying to find it at the moment, but Google is not being helpful.

I believe the story was he was watching the session on close-circuit video, pointed out what he thought was an error, and gave a written list of steps that would lead her to the "Clear Cog"

Regarding signs, I'm targeting my flyers at the public, but my sign at the staff:

side 1:

MIKE RINDER BLEW
YOU CAN TOO

side 2:

COB
IS YOUR
SP

Lynn Fountain Campbell

(most senior "LRH policy" is not in the 'Green Volumes' anyway, as it's "confidential")....

= HIDDEN DATA LINE.

Around 2002, I was puzzled by a Treasury person's actions and asked to see a reference for it. He told me there was one but he couldn't show it to me. (!?!?!)

Lynn