Quick Introduction

Hi,

I've been lurking here off and on for quite some time and finally decided it was time to register. So anyway...

I was in the cult (man it feels weird to say that out loud) for roughly about 20 years. I got involved back in 1990 and was randomly active until around 5 years ago. At that point I started staying away for financial reasons (wanted to fully devote my time to business pursuits and not "the basics"). About 3 or 4 years ago I started digging around and found Marty Rathbun's blog and pretty much went from there. Decided to become independent and shortly after exploring further decided I wanted nothing further to do with any of it period.:coolwink:

Thankfully in spite of being in as long as I was that I never got very far up the bridge or deep into it. I spent a few months on staff in 1991 and quickly realized I couldn't make a living that way. Beyond that I tended to come and go a bit randomly, much to the consternation of course sups who loved rigid schedules.

Anyhow that's all I've got for now. I was nobody important and my experience was probably pretty run of the mill so I'll leave it at that for now.

Glad to be here.

Scientology 411

Welcome For Won Won! :happydance: Very glad that you decided to join us here, and SO glad you are out of the Cult! (It gets easier to say over time...):biggrin:

Enjoy yourself here! :thumbsup:

Isme

Patron with Honors
Hi,

I've been lurking here off and on for quite some time and finally decided it was time to register. So anyway...

I was in the cult (man it feels weird to say that out loud) for roughly about 20 years. I got involved back in 1990 and was randomly active until around 5 years ago. At that point I started staying away for financial reasons (wanted to fully devote my time to business pursuits and not "the basics"). About 3 or 4 years ago I started digging around and found Marty Rathbun's blog and pretty much went from there. Decided to become independent and shortly after exploring further decided I wanted nothing further to do with any of it period.:coolwink:

Thankfully in spite of being in as long as I was that I never got very far up the bridge or deep into it. I spent a few months on staff in 1991 and quickly realized I couldn't make a living that way. Beyond that I tended to come and go a bit randomly, much to the consternation of course sups who loved rigid schedules.

Anyhow that's all I've got for now. I was nobody important and my experience was probably pretty run of the mill so I'll leave it at that for now.

Glad to be here.

Scientology 411

Glad to see you here. Hope your stay is illuminating. :)

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome 411! I've been saying "the cult" for years now, but it still gives me a thrill. :)

betskand

Patron with Honors
Hi,

Glad to be here.

Scientology 411

Welcome, welcome! I'm a never-in and I'm here to learn, and I hope you will post more of your story as you feel like it. No matter what you were in CO$ your story is part of the picture that is being assembled here in the outside world to understand the whole thing.

:gathering:

Thanks everybody! The handle comes from my Twitter account and blog which I started a while ago to spread news about Scientology and to have a bit of fun at the cult's expense. Figured I'd stick with it for the sake of consistency across social platforms.

I'll tell more of my story as I recall things that might be interesting. Hmmm, here's one thing I forgot to mention last night - this site is actually what started my journey out of that mess. I was bored one day and googled the name of an acquaintance and staff member that I hadn't seen in a long while. That led to a thread on this site (more about that another day) which eventually led me to Marty's blog.
So thank you so much Emma, you helped get another person free from that ship of fools. :thankyou:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks everybody! The handle comes from my Twitter account and blog which I started a while ago to spread news about Scientology and to have a bit of fun at the cult's expense. Figured I'd stick with it for the sake of consistency across social platforms.

Ah. So you're the illustrious 411?

I've been wondering where to forward your Freudenmarcabiapharmazeutisch cheques.

I'll get on to that now for you.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi, Scientlogy 411!

welcome-smiley-graphic-for-share-on-myspace.gif

Thanks for sharing your story.

I'll tell more of my story as I recall things that might be interesting. Hmmm, here's one thing I forgot to mention last night - this site is actually what started my journey out of that mess. I was bored one day and googled the name of an acquaintance and staff member that I hadn't seen in a long while. That led to a thread on this site (more about that another day) which eventually led me to Marty's blog.
So thank you so much Emma, you helped get another person free from that ship of fools. :thankyou:

Very smart to keep the same nic / handle. You're already recognizable by some here because of that! Glad you found ESMB to read when you first started your journey out. We hope everyone will :)

Best wishes,

Mary

Last edited: