ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Quick Question about "Fair Game" from Someone who Has Never Been a Scientologist...

Discussion in 'Fair Game and Disconnection Victims' started by never-a-member1, May 12, 2016.

1. uncover

uncover Gold Meritorious Patron

Re: Quick Question about "Fair Game" from Someone who Has Never Been a Scientologist.

There is a saying:

"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you."

So if its obviously not Scientology-related, you have to find out WHO is after you. There are many possibilites. Private detectives, police, government agencies (FBI, CIA, KGB/FSB), terrorists....

Now you have to find out for yourself:

Did you steal something lately ?
    Did you murder someone ?
    Do you have facebook friends with name of muhammed or similar ?
    Did you buy bigger amounts of artificial fertilizers ?
    Or liquids like acetone ?
    Did you write something bad about islam on facebook ?
    Did you draw a cartoon about mohammed ?
    Are you a sexy female ?

There are so many possibilities WHO is after you.... I think, you should find it out. :coolwink:

2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Re: Quick Question about "Fair Game" from Someone who Has Never Been a Scientologist.

Just want to say nice to see you again. :) :wave:

3. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

Never under estimate the evil Scientology can do. It creates mental instability in people because it undermines their beliefs.

I would investigate those who are stalking you. FOLLOW them.

4. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Aliens: Do you have the type of mind other worlders would like to dissect?

5. never-a-member1

never-a-member1 New Member

Thanks, everyone.

It sounds like even if I could conclude that it is Scientologists who are bothering me that the motives for any "Fair Game" would likely be pretty irrational and hard for me to understand. Also, since I've never been "inside", I would have an even harder time pinpointing which behavior might have ticked off a high-level person. So, it might not be worth figuring out the exact reason. The fact that I've been around actual and "possible" Scientologists could have been enough.

(To clarify, the person that I might have flirted with at one point was not the famous one. I just took a somewhat awkwardly maneuvered photo with the famous one.)

In terms of it being another group, I do have a very diverse friends list, and I haven't committed any crimes. In the past, I had a tendency to "over-share" and speak my mind too often, though I've reigned in that habit. If it was a more "rational" organization like a government agency (who had wrongly suspecting me of something), I feel like the behavior would not be so bizarre. I would rather not describe what has happened, but it has just been weird. I do have close family members who are involved in another one of the more unusual religious groups around, but I can't think of why they would target me.

6. arcxcauseblows

arcxcauseblows Patron Meritorious

Unless it's literally their job to harass they don't have time to keep up with the growing numbers of critics

7. i'mglib

i'mglib Patron with Honors

I'm a never-in and have been followed, spied on, etc. But that's because I was protesting a lot and organizing anti-scientology actions.

Now when I look back I wish I hadn't reacted so much--because that's what they wanted. Scientologists would follow us to our cars, or even follow us down the highway. But what were they going to do?

I don't mean to minimize what others have gone through--but if you;re a critic NOT on the level of Tony Ortega, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, etc etc, I wouldn't worry.