What's new

Radical: My Journey out of Islamist Extremism (Maajid Nawaz)

chipgallo

Patron Meritorious
Got the Kindle Edition after watching a video of Nawaz on FOX news (thanks Steven Hassan for the tip). During my normal screening process, I looked at some reader comments on Amazon. Here is a quote from one (emphasis mine):

"I'm glad I read this book. It's invaluable to have the kind of insight that Nawaz provides here. His account of how he found himself so deeply entrenched in Hizb ut-Tahrir was compelling. It even occasionally called to mind for me other personal stories shared by former members of Scientology. I think his story serves as a healthy warning for anyone who may be eagerly searching for a deep meaning and purpose to life, and how "ripe for the picking" people can appear to those pushing a particular ideology (whether it be religious, political, or both)."

Looking forward to the read.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious
Got the Kindle Edition after watching a video of Nawaz on FOX news (thanks Steven Hassan for the tip). During my normal screening process, I looked at some reader comments on Amazon. Here is a quote from one (emphasis mine):

"I'm glad I read this book. It's invaluable to have the kind of insight that Nawaz provides here. His account of how he found himself so deeply entrenched in Hizb ut-Tahrir was compelling. It even occasionally called to mind for me other personal stories shared by former members of Scientology. I think his story serves as a healthy warning for anyone who may be eagerly searching for a deep meaning and purpose to life, and how "ripe for the picking" people can appear to those pushing a particular ideology (whether it be religious, political, or both)."

Looking forward to the read.

i've read it and would be interested in your views.