What's new

Rathbun and Rinder in DC?

lurkanon

Patron with Honors
Wow! The cost of buying a last-minute ticket to the Middle East must be horrendous. And the obsessive paranoia that would generate stalking behavior like that is even more horrendous. But the most amazing thing to me is that there is no benefit to the Church/OSA in going to so much expense and effort. The only imaginable effect would be to discomfit the person they are stalking.

That's tens of thousands of dollars just to make someone uncomfortable?

I can't even count the ways that is insane.

It is Scientology policy. See more here: http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/fairgame.html

Interestingly enough, many of the people who appear on that website exposing Fair Game are people that M & M eschew. Despite the overwhelming evidence that Hubbard created this policy, M & M insist that it is Miscavige doing this, Hubbard was innocent and never did nasty things like that....now *that* is insane.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's pretty likely that OSA has placed a staff member or "volunteer" in a travel agency that can follow the comings and goings of their favorite enemies.

A few years ago, an SP friend of mine, who was actively pissing off the cult, traveled from Clearwater to a Middle Eastern country and was shocked to see an OSA staff member watching him while he was waiting for his connecting flight.

I've just spent half an hour doing some online research into this area. See, for example, this article on Passenger Name Records (PNRs): http://hasbrouck.org/articles/PNR.html

Some months back Aaron Saxton wrote about the CofS's ability to access electronic airline data to see when and where various "enemies" were travelling. I assume it is the systems discussed in the linked article he was talking about.

I didn't find an answer to my question, namely how would the CofS have set it up so that they can do a global search of the databases (there are four main competing systems that the big guys use, each system including airlines, hotel reservations, and car rentals) for the plans of their "enemies." But obviously they have. Just be warned that if you're on OSA's hit list and of interest to them, then pretty much *any* air ticket reservation will trigger a red flag. Possibly the same for car rental or hotel booking through any but the smallest agency.

Paul

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^^ Physically.. It would consist of hooking a computer into the systems. Could be done from anywhere.. Login's from a legit terminal, like an Airline or Travel Agency... So we might find a sekrit office smack dab in their Big Blue building with a gaggle of OSA flunkies working at it.

:yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
^^^ Physically.. It would consist of hooking a computer into the systems. Could be done from anywhere.. Login's from a legit terminal, like an Airline or Travel Agency... So we might find a sekrit office smack dab in their Big Blue building with a gaggle of OSA flunkies working at it.

It might be a good idea for someone reading this thread who knows a friendly travel agent to talk to them for five minutes about this. In other words, can the travel agent access the entire database (I say database_ as I assume they are all linked)? Simply enter the target's name and date of birth or whatever and get every single reservation historically made as well as live reservations? I am guessing that a travel agency has to pay a monthly or yearly fee to access the system, but since all travel agencies can access this and new ones must be able to get in on the action too, it can't be that hard if you can afford it and I guess all you need is the paperwork showing you are a registered travel agency.

Paul

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
I imagine there are all sorts of ways of invading a person's privacy. A journalist friend of mine told me his company has contacts in all the airlines and pays good money for tips on the comings and goings of various celebrities, sports people, and politicians.

Also, do you need to show ID when travelling around in the States? Way down under we are *supposed* to travel under our real name but there's no actual checking as such. No need to show ID so long as you have a valid ticket / boarding pass.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I imagine there are all sorts of ways of invading a person's privacy. A journalist friend of mine told me his company has contacts in all the airlines and pays good money for tips on the comings and goings of various celebrities, sports people, and politicians.

Also, do you need to show ID when travelling around in the States? Way down under we are *supposed* to travel under our real name but there's no actual checking as such. No need to show ID so long as you have a valid ticket / boarding pass.

Yes, US citizens must show ID once or more times while traveling by air and have had to do this for a long time -- long before 9/11.

Re "celebrities, sports people, and politicians" the way I understand it is that anybody in this category (or their agents/managers/assistants) can request "VIP" status when they're traveling to obtain preferential seating, even free upgrades, so they won't be harrassed by the unwashed masses.

Therefore, celebrities, sports people and politicians are self-selecting themselves onto a VIP list, which many airline employees would have access to and be able to hand over to a journalist for bucks.

However, no one who's a Co$ fair game target would be on such a list. Therefore, finding their name on airline manifests would require the Co$ to go through a very different process than the one journalists follow by bribing an airline employee to scan VIP lists.

I think Paul's on the right track.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
The VIP lists is not the only list that the booking sytems are checking for. There's the 'terrorist' list too.

Depending on how it's all set up.. The servers processes the lists and flags any person onscreen, and sends the alert to police.. That would be the 'official' monitoring. Programs running on the booking systems own servers.

If someone wanted to do additional monitoring for people they could have their computers do the processing locally.

Though I woudn't be too surprized to find that OSA had SP's entered into the terrorist list.. (Well, 'terrorist list' is probably not what it's called.. Any person sought for by Interpol..)

Terril park

Sponsor
It might be a good idea for someone reading this thread who knows a friendly travel agent to talk to them for five minutes about this. In other words, can the travel agent access the entire database (I say database_ as I assume they are all linked)? Simply enter the target's name and date of birth or whatever and get every single reservation historically made as well as live reservations? I am guessing that a travel agency has to pay a monthly or yearly fee to access the system, but since all travel agencies can access this and new ones must be able to get in on the action too, it can't be that hard if you can afford it and I guess all you need is the paperwork showing you are a registered travel agency.

Paul

OSA just needs a friendly COS member who is a travel agent. Or
they could just set up their own travel agency presumably.

I've heard that Jeff Walker is still harrassed whenever he tries to travel,
presumably he's been put on an interpol list.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Paul

Usually each agency has it's own database, but colleagues from different agencies help each other. Unformally. "Hello? I have this customer who need a flight to XXX, and our database says we're full, can we have a seat from you?" "Sure. Np problemo" I've seen exactly that happen once.
That plus a nice shore story would be enough.

Then there are the airlines, who also collaborate, even if they don't always admit it. And ... and ... and.

rhill

Patron with Honors
OSA just needs a friendly COS member who is a travel agent. Or
they could just set up their own travel agency presumably.

I've heard that Jeff Walker is still harrassed whenever he tries to travel,
presumably he's been put on an interpol list.

I can't remember where, but I read that CoS has its own plane ticketing stuff, so they have direct access to the data. I think I might have read that in Marc's book, but I can't find it right now to confirm.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
It might be a good idea for someone reading this thread who knows a friendly travel agent to talk to them for five minutes about this. In other words, can the travel agent access the entire database (I say database_ as I assume they are all linked)?

This *would* be a good question to ask of a travel agent.

If we find out that travel agents can NOT access this data then I would suspect that someone working for TSA (Transportation Security Agency) might be assisting the cult. TSA is the organization guarding against terrorists. Given a name and ID# they would be able to track someone down in the system in less than 30 seconds. If done to help the CoS in this way I would imagine that this would be committing federal crimes. But if they're a scientologist they would consider that it's for the greater good and justify it all that way. If not a scientologist, OSA might be taking very good care of them come Christmas time. :whistling:

Div6

Crusader
I can't remember where, but I read that CoS has its own plane ticketing stuff, so they have direct access to the data. I think I might have read that in Marc's book, but I can't find it right now to confirm.

Yep...they have access to the US ticketing system through a terminal in stalled at Int. I would imagine they may have acces to the european flight info from a hookup in Copenhagen or some such.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Wow! The cost of buying a last-minute ticket to the Middle East must be horrendous. And the obsessive paranoia that would generate stalking behavior like that is even more horrendous. But the most amazing thing to me is that there is no benefit to the Church/OSA in going to so much expense and effort. The only imaginable effect would be to discomfit the person they are stalking.

That's tens of thousands of dollars just to make someone uncomfortable?

I can't even count the ways that is insane.

Ahhh, but no one ever said they are sane. My wish is that is a temporary form of insanity cured only when one becomes aware of what the Co$ truly is.

-PWC

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's information.

Entheta line = Sciothink = thought stopping think.

I agree with this. I am not a big fan of the M&M's but I also undertsand what Fair Game is. I plan on doing my thinking with as much information as I can. Even if I think it's OSA BS.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I also agree that the concept of "entheta" as used by the CoS is a thought-stopping technique. I do have a problem though with the info posted in the OP. Not because it is "entheta". Because it was posted anonymously (onto WWP) attributing the information to anonymous sources. It is full of ad-hom's and accusations but doesn't present any credible evidence to back up the accusations.

I don't have any problem with anyone criticizing M&M for anything. I'm not part of their public relations bureau. :no:

And I wouldn't have a problem with the OP had it presented any real evidence to suggest the accusations could have any validity. I just don't think that we should forward this crap from OSA or whomever is issuing it.
I don't think that any of us on this board would like this technique used against us.........having an anonymous post of ad hom's and accusations (without evidence) posted onto a public forum about you.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Not a question about 'forwarding' it... But of finding an example of OSA doing it and learning from it. Fascilitates our A similar to A next time.

:hattip:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
I -think- that the OP at posting time was in doubt about authentity.. Some probably were fooled for a minute.. That being the intent from OSA..

As I said in an earlier post.. OSA has 'operators' who are better than the dimwitted punk who whote this example.. Those will be harder to spot and they will fool more of us for a longer time.

Just for kicks.. Google and read Tory Magoo talking about Bill Yaude. After that you'll probably look for posters who solicit sympathy for some debilitating ailment or other. Going blind, dying next week or suffering from pernicious droopy ass and wiggletoes.. That is his MO's.. (Unless he changed that, seeing that we have all spottet it?)

:D

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The best reason to watch OSA is not to find truth, but to extract what it is they *want* us to believe. That can require some pretzelish contortions.

Zinj

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
The best reason to watch OSA is not to find truth, but to extract what it is they *want* us to believe. That can require some pretzelish contortions.

Zinj

This ^^^

It's a tricky game, but I think it could only be used to our advantage to understand what it is they want us to believe.