What's new

Rathbun vs Scientology + Miscavige - February 4th, 2014 Hearing

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
The money is a major factor. With one kid in college and two more on the way, the State's pay grade didn't cut it.

I think perhaps the "hook" for him was the religious angle\1st Amendment issues. Things are heating up in that area, what with ObamaCare mandating that, for example, nuns be provided contraceptives. (http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/25/u...-blocking-contraception-mandate-for-nuns.html) That is currently stayed at the Supreme Court level, but up for hearings I think in June. Being a Defensive Player, and somewhat of an idealist, he may have dreamed himself into taking this case as a "greatest good" kind of gig. However, as he is learning the hard way, you can NEVER trust anything the "CoS" presents as fact. I kind of feel sorry for the guy. Cedillo, not so much. I think he doth protesteth too much about 'criminal sanctions'. And the overt doth speak loud in the accusation....

Excellent Post, Sloth!.:thumbsup::clap:

By Jove, I think you've got it. :yes:

Face:)

Gib

Crusader
Obviously, Lamont is a real smart feller...Rice University is a private institution in the same academic category as Harvard & Stanford and, although there are athletic scholarships at these schools, there are no "gimmies" at them for academic acceptance for athletes. :yes:

IMO, the stakes in this Case for the Cof$, whether they realize it or not, may well be the highest in their loooong history of litigation. Scn has the finest lawyers money can buy and have "dug in" for an "anything goes" fight, and if they settle or don't prevail are facing "Open Season" on their ass...at least in Texas. Also, IMO, the longer the Cof$ goes on with this the more they will lose as "The Media" will more and more cover the carnage and salacious details..."If it bleeds, it leads". :thumbsup:

I have know idea, outside of the dough (which may well have been Numero Uno), why Lamont took this Case, but I'll betcha dollars to doughnuts there were some other factors we'll probably never know that were part of his decision...including the fact that he didn't fully fathom the basal amoral morality of his Client. :no:

I think Lamont has realized he's potentially got himself in real pickle and serious fight that is more than he bargained for but is gonna give his professional all and do his job for the Team. :ohmy:

We are watching History unfold and I'm most grateful I found my way here to see and share it with all Y'all. :clap:

DM is aging, he's over 50. These lawyers all seem to be of age. DM controls 1 billion dollars.

What if DM offered these guys 1 million each for the rest of their lives (taking into account DM's own life and he wishes to keep his nice life style pretending to be a pope) if they won the case?

"He who controls the spice controls the universe"

Money is the 9th dynamic in scientology, I'm not sure what the rest of the dynamics actually really mean in sientology. LOL

I mean if DM did not have a billion in the bank, why he'd be selling laser prints.LOL

Gib

Crusader
Re: Rathbun vs Scientology + Miscavige - February 4th, 2014 Hearing - Trademark Issue

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say, or what you thought I was trying to say.

I never said anything about any post removals being fair, or who did them, or for what reason. I'm just saying these three were removed from these posts. RTC was re-orged and these posts ceased to exist.

It's just what happened.

You saying that I was implying it was because anyone did a bad job is an assumption on your part. As all ex-staff and ex-SO know, people got busted off of posts all day every day unfairly. I don't think any ex-staff would ever automatically assume that a bust from post means that the staff member did something wrong.

no worries Lulu, I wasn't attacking you nor meant too. I'm just not a real good wordsmith.

However, I was never SO, well just a week before I blew that scene.

I was mostly public and did a 5 year stint on staff at a org. And when I heard somebody got "busted" from a staff post, I did automatically assume they did something wrong and/or had overts and withholds per hubbard's tech.

so I stand by what I said earlier in my post, but I'm not attacking you or minimizing what you said. Just adding to it from another viewpoint, if that makes sense. :confused2:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
DM is aging, he's over 50. These lawyers all seem to be of age. DM controls 1 billion dollars.

What if DM offered these guys 1 million each for the rest of their lives (taking into account DM's own life and he wishes to keep his nice life style pretending to be a pope) if they won the case?

"He who controls the spice controls the universe"

Money is the 9th dynamic in scientology, I'm not sure what the rest of the dynamics actually really mean in sientology. LOL

I highly doubt any of DM's lawyers are doing this "on the come". :no: But, I am confident they're billing the shit out of their Clients ass, knowing at this point that DM's got no choice but to fork over the dough for every ream of itemized fee statements on a "10, net 30" basis. I'm also confident the Retainers Scn coughed up were an eye popping chunk of change. :omg:

I LUVED "Dune"! :coolwink: Unfortuantely for DM, he only controls a comparatively slight fraction of fractions of fractions of the Spice. DM's Planet has a small, functionally near finite and steadily shrinking population of Sandworms--which are approaching tapped out of Melange--and his teenie weenie Thumper has "seen its better days".:yes:

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
I highly doubt any of DM's lawyers are doing this "on the come". :no: But, I am confident they're billing the shit out of their Clients ass, knowing at this point that DM's got no choice but to fork over the dough for every itemized statement on a "10, net 30" basis. I'm also confident the Retainers Scn coughed up were an eye popping chunk of change. :omg:

I LUVED "Dune"! :coolwink: Unfortuantely for DM, he only controls a comparatively slight fraction of fractions of fractions of the Spice. DM's Planet has a small, functionally near finite and steadily shrinking population of Sandworms--which are approaching tapped out of Melange--and his teenie weenie Thumper has "seen its better days".:yes:

very true,

but DM controls the scientology "spice" albeit it is tiny compared to the planet's spice. While his sandworms maybe diminishing, he still has a lot of spice to use till his death and his comfortable life style. Lest not forget the fuk has tapped into that other group, totally forget their name at the moment, OMG, the black islams or something or other, oh yah, the Nation of Islam. :omg:

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
very true,

but DM controls the scientology "spice" albeit it is tiny compared to the planet's spice. While his sandworms maybe diminishing, he still has a lot of spice to use till his death and his comfortable life style. Lest not forget the fuk has tapped into that other group, totally forget their name at the moment, OMG, the black islams or something or other, oh yah, the Nation of Islam. :omg:

True dat. :yes:

However, History shows that one can lose there Thumper playing with the NOI. :coolwink:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I have a question
Do you believe that,
(as apprently mentionned by a lawer onTony's blog)
this process (of filing motions on everything)
can go on for 2 years before it finally gets to he trial ????

Also what is your take on Miscavige depositon - Is there still ''room'' for filing motions against moving forward with the deposition or is he expected to the Texas courthouse soon ????

Thanks for your reply

:)

If these lawyers are so "up there" how did they not know what scumbags they were signing on with when the word "litigation" is now what many immediately think of when they hear the word "scientology" -especially people connected to the legal profession?
Scientology is a small set of scumbags in a huge pool, so the argument could be made that not everyone knows about the cult as exes do; but within the legal profession, in the USA surely those top lawyers must be aware that COS or scientology reps need a bit of research before being taken on as clients. The comedians of the USA and the talk show hosts have managed to keep up.

Lawyers have do do their professional best. That is the best way to maintain a system which ensures the greatest amount of justice for the greatest number - or so the story goes.

So mr got-millions scumbag must be represented. Mr Lawyer will look good if he gets the client off for crimes he actually committed, and Mr Lawyer was doing what he should have done, Good for him, But if the client is like DM, Mr Lawyer might get egg on his face when the client uses his own rules of play. Poor Mr lawyer, he should only represent clients, whether they be medium level or high level scumbags who obey the moral rules legal/courtroom requirements and procedures as he is defended for whatever infamy he has committed. Funny old world.

Jump

Operating teatime
OMG! Look what I have found!

View attachment 6675 View attachment 6676

Lamont Jefferson was an award-winning linebacker at his San Antonio high school and later at Rice University, before attending law school.

http://quinmcwhirter.com/quinmarti/homepage/1981LamontJefferson.html

Come on, Lamont. You're so much better than this. We know you know it.

(sigh)

TG1

Rice University is also where Kennedy made his declaration that the US would land on the moon.

jfkrice.jpg

But why, some say, the moon? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 35 years ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Let's hope that when this court case is done, Mosey can also get some Tranquility.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have a question
Do you believe that,

Also what is your take on Miscavige depositon - Is there still ''room'' for filing motions against moving forward with the deposition or is he expected to the Texas courthouse soon ????

Thanks for your reply

My opinion...

Years ago when the CoS cases dragged on the world knew naught nor nothing on the matter.

Nowadays with the internet and tweets and Facebook amongst other things it is different.

These are days where the dragging on of CoS cases is the CoS enemy.

Guess they need to assign dragging on of court cases the enemy formula.

KSW for the footbullet!

Rd00

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would have thought that the longer a case drags on, the more information about the CofS's shady practices gets entered into court records and is therefore available for the media to reference.

Therefore, assuming the Rathbuns can withstand the financial pressures then the longer this goes on the better IMO.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron

If these lawyers are so "up there" how did they not know what scumbags they were signing on with when the word "litigation" is now what many immediately think of when they hear the word "scientology" -especially people connected to the legal profession?
Scientology is a small set of scumbags in a huge pool, so the argument could be made that not everyone knows about the cult as exes do; but within the legal profession, in the USA surely those top lawyers must be aware that COS or scientology reps need a bit of research before being taken on as clients. The comedians of the USA and the talk show hosts have managed to keep up.

Lawyers have do do their professional best. That is the best way to maintain a system which ensures the greatest amount of justice for the greatest number - or so the story goes.

So mr got-millions scumbag must be represented. Mr Lawyer will look good if he gets the client off for crimes he actually committed, and Mr Lawyer was doing what he should have done, Good for him, But if the client is like DM, Mr Lawyer might get egg on his face when the client uses his own rules of play. Poor Mr lawyer, he should only represent clients, whether they be medium level or high level scumbags who obey the moral rules legal/courtroom requirements and procedures as he is defended for whatever infamy he has committed. Funny old world.

If they didn't do their due diligence on the other cases $CN has been involved with, then they are not worth the money they are so obviously charging DM.

They could not have read those cases and come away with anything but a clear impression of what scumbags Co$ management are.

I respectfully disagree with TG1 and Face. Lamont and Wallace are not better than this, they chose this. They are scum-sucking bottom feeders. The Co$ has done one good deed here, it has ripped the facade off of them, and caused one to step down from a position of authority.

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious

Derail portion here...
JB <-----Texan-by-blood (Mom insists this is biologically transmitted, "per God's grace an' the ghost of ol' Sam Houston".)
JB <-----Yankee by choice (Mom insists this is worse than enlisting @ 18 and atheism combined.)
JB <-----3 MOS total. (2 AIT, 1 OJT all MI Branch)(<----ASVAB measures aptitude, not intellect. My aptitude chromosome RULZ! Tks, Dad!)

/derail.

JB

JB, listen to your mother, she is right! Yankee by choice is worse than anything else you may have done in your life. It goes against the natural laws of life and decency. From an Australian transplanted to Texas.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
JB, listen to your mother, she is right! Yankee by choice is worse than anything else you may have done in your life. It goes against the natural laws of life and decency. From an Australian transplanted to Texas.

Those are fightin' words. :punch:

Love,
Born in Brooklyn Lulu

Mike Laws

Patron Meritorious
Those are fightin' words. :punch:

Love,
Born in Brooklyn Lulu

IMHO, there are really only two highly compatible and reversible cultural alter-egos, Australian and Texan. Goes for all types of each, rednecks, yobbos, workers, cowboys/farmers/ranchers, metrosexuals and yuppies. Only notable superiority I have seen between the two cultures is Aussie women's ability to drink and hold their own outweighs that of most women (and men) in Texas.

Back to delaying tactics - Those depos by Tommy of Anger and his cohorts - it is fairly obvious to one and all, they perjured them selves. Though they are small fry, they have to be brought to court for sanctions. Can they defend themselves? Or does the judge just slap fines / jail time on them? And if they get jail time, say a month, what then? Do things go on hold while they rot away in an orange jump suit?

Further, do we trust their testimony if they are redeposed after their vacation in slammer land?

Mimsey

Gib

Crusader
Muad'Dib

Dib Waldrip

--------------------

funny how per Marty's latest post:

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/

22 lawyers representing DM (so he won't be deposed) vs a few lawyers representing Monique (who is willing to be deposed).

It appears to me DM's grade 0 is out. LOL

"Willing to communicate to anybody about anything" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

MissWog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I have a question
Do you believe that,

Thanks for your reply

Who ya asking? Cause I'd like to read their answers too :)

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is a very serious question that the defense team should be aware of, if they are not already.

If the RTC is so hot on their trademarks, why did Helen Chen operate an auditing Academy at least an order of magnitude, perhaps several orders, larger than Marty's client base right under the nose of DM in LA without retribution?

Why does she operate what looks like one of the largest squirrel operations in the world over in Taiwan, in the very country that opened the gateway to Asia with its ideal org, with impunity?

I think this and Sarge Gerbode's operation are prima facie evidence that both RTC and CSI are selective about enforcement of their rights, and therefore their rights are null and void.

Last edited: