What's new

RAY JEFFREY TO JUDGE: ORDER RATHBUNS TO TURN OVER FINANCIAL RECORDS AND TESTIFY

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Wow, this is going to be so interesting!!

RAY JEFFREY TO JUDGE: ORDER RATHBUNS TO TURN OVER FINANCIAL RECORDS AND TESTIFY

One of our court watchers in Texas stumbled on a stunning document: On July 5, Monique Rathbun’s former attorneys filed a petition in a San Antonio court, asking for an order to compel their former clients, Monique and Mark “Marty” Rathbun, to submit to depositions and turn over detailed financial records. The attorneys — Ray Jeffrey, Elliott Cappuccio, and Marc Wiegand — requested a July 25 hearing, but court records show it’s been set for August 29. We’ve put in a call to Jeffrey to find out more.

We sent a message to the Rathbuns asking for comment, but we did not receive a response.

In their petition, the attorneys have informed the Bexar County District Court that they anticipate filing a lawsuit, so they want the court to order the Rathbuns to submit to depositions and answer under oath whether they have been paid off.

“The subject matter of the anticipated action is whether anything of value has been or will be, directly or indirectly, paid to or received by the Rathbuns in connection with their claims. Petitioners have a financial interest in any such settlement for their fees and expenses incurred on behalf of the Rathbuns,” the court petition reads.

The petition adds that although there’s reason to believe the attorneys have a case against the Rathbuns, it’s prudent to question them first and examine their financial records before actually filing a lawsuit.
http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/24/ra...s-to-turn-over-financial-records-and-testify/

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Cross-posting from comments section of the Bunker:

MrsLurksALot2 hours ago

Just leaving this here....

f30ce2f7c40f61a831c8e517e3c48912f56c256cf427fc533cefd15fc1e9c091.jpg

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe we can finally get closure on the Marty Mysteries?

But certainly won't hold my breath.

skep

Patron with Honors
Marty will 'rue the day' is my thought that he started to allow himself be co-opted by DM.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Very interesting comment over at The Bunker:

http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/24/ra...-financial-records-and-testify/#disqus_thread

[FONT=&amp]Arthur B

Not a US-based attorney myself but to my eyes this is pretty huge. The bit about "it is a serious undertaking for attorneys to take legal action against former clients" is classic legal understatement - not only is it a big step from a legal perspective, but from the pragmatic point of view of attorneys who need to think about PR and client relations it's an enormous risk, because being "those lawyers who sue their own clients" is a bad look.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Of course, what's also a bad look is "those lawyers who can be comprehensively cheated by their clients and will just meekly accept it". Even so, starting this sort of intrusive proceedings into a client's finances won't be the sort of thing that the dream team would have done at all lightly. They'd have had to weigh in the balance the potential reputational hit and the need to reassure other clients that they aren't going to arbitrarily take such actions without really good cause.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Whilst attorneys aren't immune from flying off the handle or turning a matter into a personal vendetta, I can't help but think that the simple fact they are doing this means that they already have very good reason to believe that something stinks - this isn't the sort of thing anyone would sensibly attempt just on a passing hunch, it's something you only do after you've done some initial investigation and information-gathering and hit the point where you have enough evidence in your back pocket to justify taking a major public step like this.[/FONT]

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Whoa!!! HolyHell!!!

This breaking news has a very distinct resonance to it. Hmmm, I wonder that it is?

Oh, wait a second, I think I recognize it. . .

It's the sound of karma line charging.

HelluvaHoax!

It would be unimaginably stupid if Rathbun actually took any money or financial consideration of any kind from the Church of Scientology or their proxies.

Because if he tried to game the system and hide it, then Rathbun would have a Seal Team 6 of vengeful litigators stalking his ass forever, like he was Osama Been Lyin.

Yeah, that would be unimaginably stupid! Ergo, it is hard to conceive of Rathbun or anyone being that stupid.

Then again Marty is the author of "AN ODE TO L. RON HUBBARD" and the same guy who wore his Sunday church best sports coat and face makeup and appeared in a series of clown videos where he lied his ass off on every conceivable subject regarding Scientology.

So, I guess what I am saying is when Marty appears in deposition/court to testify--and we see his jaws begin to flap--we're going to need a bigger boat (of popcorn).

[video=youtube;2I91DJZKRxs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I91DJZKRxs[/video]

HelluvaHoax!

Very interesting comment over at The Bunker:

http://tonyortega.org/2017/07/24/ra...-financial-records-and-testify/#disqus_thread

[FONT=&amp]Arthur B

Not a US-based attorney myself but to my eyes this is pretty huge. The bit about "it is a serious undertaking for attorneys to take legal action against former clients" is classic legal understatement - not only is it a big step from a legal perspective, but from the pragmatic point of view of attorneys who need to think about PR and client relations it's an enormous risk, because being "those lawyers who sue their own clients" is a bad look.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Of course, what's also a bad look is "those lawyers who can be comprehensively cheated by their clients and will just meekly accept it". Even so, starting this sort of intrusive proceedings into a client's finances won't be the sort of thing that the dream team would have done at all lightly. They'd have had to weigh in the balance the potential reputational hit and the need to reassure other clients that they aren't going to arbitrarily take such actions without really good cause.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Whilst attorneys aren't immune from flying off the handle or turning a matter into a personal vendetta, I can't help but think that the simple fact they are doing this means that they already have very good reason to believe that something stinks - this isn't the sort of thing anyone would sensibly attempt just on a passing hunch, it's something you only do after you've done some initial investigation and information-gathering and hit the point where you have enough evidence in your back pocket to justify taking a major public step like this.[/FONT]

Well said. So what's next?

BRING ON THE PIs!

You know, the ones under the employ of Jeffrey's law firm. Those PIs that have been stealthily digging through Rathbun's garbage and all the other "Scientology Warrior" goon-craft tricks that Rathbun so prides himself on being the master of.

Pride cometh before the fall (of a sec check needle).

elwood

Patron with Honors
I don't think Jeffrey et al are fishing. Lawyers don't do stuff like this unless they think they have a slam dunk.

JustSheila

Crusader
I volunteer to help audit Marty's records. :begging:

I absolutely promise I will kick ass, find every connection and not miss a detail.:biggrin:

'cause I just LOVES Marty sooooo much! :clapping:

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
Well this answers the question of if the attys got paid or not! Martys videos are going to be problematic because they are obviously filmed in a professional setting which would entail travel to California and lodgin, was it paid on Rathbuns cards or someone else's if so who was that someone else, what are their ties to CO$?

But the real fun is Rathbun would have told Jeffries every trick co$ uses including how payoffs had been handled, how money used for nefarious activities was hidden, all sorts of things to help win their case and now Jeffries can use that same information to find the money trail.

CO$ wont and cant help pay legal expenses for Marty to stall this, if they do it pretty much an admission there was some sort of payoff or even the expenses paid by co$ could be considered pay off.

Doubtful any lawyer will take Rathbuns case without a HUGE retainer up front and that retainer would be suspect.

Rathbun has pretty much fucked himself in the ass without any lube, cos may be whispering in his ear "sssshhhh it will be ok baby, just relax" but he's realized by now it ain't gonna be ok and he is completely fucked!!

I'll take my popcorn with lots of butter please!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I don't think Jeffrey et al are fishing. Lawyers don't do stuff like this unless they think they have a slam dunk.

Or maybe Ray's been fishing for the past year and just needs the Rathbun's to turn over their financial records to document the catch. :coolwink:

maxresdefault.jpg

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well this answers the question of if the attys got paid or not! Martys videos are going to be problematic because they are obviously filmed in a professional setting which would entail travel to California and lodgin, was it paid on Rathbuns cards or someone else's if so who was that someone else, what are their ties to CO$?

But the real fun is Rathbun would have told Jeffries every trick co$ uses including how payoffs had been handled, how money used for nefarious activities was hidden, all sorts of things to help win their case and now Jeffries can use that same information to find the money trail.

CO$ wont and cant help pay legal expenses for Marty to stall this, if they do it pretty much an admission there was some sort of payoff or even the expenses paid by co$ could be considered pay off.

Doubtful any lawyer will take Rathbuns case without a HUGE retainer up front and that retainer would be suspect.

Rathbun has pretty much fucked himself in the ass without any lube, cos may be whispering in his ear "sssshhhh it will be ok baby, just relax" but he's realized by now it ain't gonna be ok and he is completely fucked!!

$cientology has taken care of everything.

No stone left unturned.

Attorney's will receive payment or already have and will quietly fade away.

I think the attorney's are doing this as part of the "act"

IMO - Marty's Dead Agent Videos were filmed at "Scientology Media Productions"....where all of the Dead Agent Packs from High Ranking Officials that BLOW - will get their "create" on....:whistling:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Put your Scientology Hat back on folks. The lawyers are doing this as part of the "smoke and mirrors" - they want to confuse us. They do everything for money - not for justice and don't care how they get paid...as long as they DO get paid.

I think they are all in on it.

If you don't think so - you have not had the full EP and Total Knowingness wognition of What is Scientology.

Lawyers, Marty Rathbun and Wife Mosey and of course.... David Miscavige and his hired thugs.

Terril park

Sponsor
Put your Scientology Hat back on folks. The lawyers are doing this as part of the "smoke and mirrors" - they want to confuse us. They do everything for money - not for justice and don't care how they get paid...as long as they DO get paid.

I think they are all in on it.

If you don't think so - you have not had the full EP and Total Knowingness wognition of What is Scientology.

Lawyers, Marty Rathbun and Wife Mosey and of course.... David Miscavige and his hired thugs.

Nonsense! Ray Jeffreys does not work for CO$ or DM and has won several
lawsuits against them already.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

I'm thinking it would be just like DM, to get Marty to turn, in what Marty thinks will save him, and then arrange to totally destroy Marty when he has served his purpose. It would be something that LRH would chortle at being able to pull off, and Marty learned at LRH's knee how to screw over people.

JustSheila

Crusader
It just occurred to me some other, unrelated embarrassing spending patterns that might come up during a Marty audit:

Fredericks of Hollywood (with purchases in Marty's size) :laugh:

Gay spas

Medications for STDs

DUI, speeding and other fines

English 101 classes to learn to write better

Vanity Publishing fees because he couldn't sell his books

Oh this is going to be FUN! :laugh:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nonsense! Ray Jeffreys does not work for CO$ or DM and has won several
lawsuits against them already.
TP - you are entitled to your opinion....and so am I....I say the cult has paid everyone off and this is ALL part of the "show.

So exactly what is your opinion of what is going on? You call it "nonsense" but from what I recall - you still believe that Scientology tech works when standardly applied and I say that is NONSENSE.... Scientology is a scam and does not work. No clears or OT's and the founder, L Ron Hubbard was a proven (scientifically) criminal thug hiding from the law, a loser - a charlatan and thief who stole anything good from others and took credit for it. Scientology is laced with lies and half truths.

Last edited:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm thinking it would be just like DM, to get Marty to turn, in what Marty thinks will save him, and then arrange to totally destroy Marty when he has served his purpose. It would be something that LRH would chortle at being able to pull off, and Marty learned at LRH's knee how to screw over people.

Been thinking this myself . . . .