What's new

RAY JEFFREY TO JUDGE: ORDER RATHBUNS TO TURN OVER FINANCIAL RECORDS AND TESTIFY

Intelligence

Silver Meritorious Patron
It still amazing to me, I don't know why, how false info gets started and then just repeated until it gets discussed as fact. All the while it is so easy to look up the information and get the facts. Or as AnonKat used to say "TruFax". Lol...

A few days ago I looked up Marty and Mosey's property information on their county's tax assessor website. They are both clearly listed as the owner of the property. Also the name of the mortgage company who is financing the home is listed. The property has been assessed by San Patricio county to have a gross value of just under $270,000.

So, they are not renting. There are no shell corporations. No third parties involved other than a bonafide mortgage company.

Now how they got the down payment and are making payments.....who knows? That's where there can be genuine speculation I suppose. All the other stuff is just noise that isn't based in reality.

The Tax Assessment is $270,000, and the name of the registered mortgage holder is listed, but I doubt the amount of the mortgage is given? There could be only a $100,00 mortgage and $170,000 or more equity? Am I right???

They could have put 10% or 20% down if they have good credit and finance the rest. The bigger the down, the less the bank carries, and the lower the loan payments.
Mimsey

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Foreclosure versus tenant's rights? Foreclosure wins, but there is a process that does protect the tenant - for a time. The Bank can allow the tenant to continue renting and pay the Bank the rent payments - or the Bank can evict the tenants with due notice. If the Bank forecloses and lists the property for sale, they have the option to keep the paying tenant until the close of sale, or give notice and evict. Foreclosure transfers ownership to the Bank - and as the owner, they can do whatever they want with the property and tenant.

In the US, laws vary wildly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Not just state law, but also city regulations.

In California, for example, if the building has tenants, the foreclosing party is required to honor the existing lease. In Texas, on the other hand, the foreclosing party can evict the tenant with 30 days notice.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well said. So what's next?

BRING ON THE PIs!

You know, the ones under the employ of Jeffrey's law firm. Those PIs that have been stealthily digging through Rathbun's garbage and all the other "Scientology Warrior" goon-craft tricks that Rathbun so prides himself on being the master of.

Pride cometh before the fall (of a sec check needle).

Wouldn't it be a hoot if there is enough of a smoking gun that Jeffrey can make a stab at getting Miscavige on the stand for this? What would Der Dwarfenfurer do? Shaft Marty and re-open that can of worms? Try to lie his ass off in front of Jeffrey (good luck with that)? Flee the country?

Or would it be time for Bluebird Tech? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

wigee1

Patron with Honors
Look!! there's only one way to find out, I'm going to hire 5x PIs to monitor the house and follow Marty and Monique 24/7,Tap his phone, Rent the house next door , put cameras in , and go through his trash, I'll get to the bottom of this,

Harry .I .scumbag.
Dirty Deeds done dirt Cheap.
Dealer in Steel Girders and Cow Manure
Wars started.
Expert in 69rs
Cleaner for the Marfia
Dont call me I'll call you

Saul.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Look!! there's only one way to find out, I'm going to hire 5x PIs to monitor the house and follow Marty and Monique 24/7,Tap his phone, Rent the house next door , put cameras in , and go through his trash, I'll get to the bottom of this,

Harry .I .scumbag.
Dirty Deeds done dirt Cheap.
Dealer in Steel Girders and Cow Manure
Wars started.
Expert in 69rs
Cleaner for the Marfia
Dont call me I'll call you

Saul.

It's all good man . . .:biggrin:

Free Being Me

Crusader
Wouldn't it be a hoot if there is enough of a smoking gun that Jeffrey can make a stab at getting Miscavige on the stand for this? What would Der Dwarfenfurer do? Shaft Marty and re-open that can of worms? Try to lie his ass off in front of Jeffrey (good luck with that)? Flee the country?

[HIGHLIGHT]Or would it be time for Bluebird Tech?[/HIGHLIGHT] :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:
I'm not sure who this is but he was acting suspiciously nervous pedaling to the city limits ...

wnSTHqe.jpg

Last edited:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know. When I did the Comm Course I got stuck on a word chain over M.E.S.T. going back and forth between Matter, Energy, Space and Time in the Technical Dictionary for several days until I finally figured out what LRH was trying to say was the physical universe was essentially a congealed mass of what is left over when a whole lot of thetans mock something up and then forget about it for a very long time.

Of course, later TOBB discovers The Factors...DOH!

Blue, thanks for reminding me of a major confusion I had when I was in the FZ. I used to hear several people saying that "we" mocked up the physical or MEST universe (in my experience the two were used interchangeably).

I never could understand, and still don't, exactly how that was meant to happen? How would an unimaginably large group of spiritual beings get together to first of all decide what to create, and then do it at exactly the same time (except that we didn't have time)?

From what I recall, the people who said this didn't really understand it either but it didn't seem to matter to them.

Last edited:

George Layton

Blue, thanks for reminding me of a major confusion I had when I was in the FZ. I used to hear several people saying that "we" mocked up the physical or MEST universe (in my experience the two were used interchangeably).

I never could understand, and still don't, exactly how that was meant to happen? How would an unimaginably large group of spiritual beings get together to first all decide what to create, and then do it at exactly the same time (except that we didn't have time)?

From what I recall, the people who said this didn't really understand it either but it didn't seem to matter to them.

Maybe if you looked at it this way it would be clearer; You mock up the idea that you are mocking up the physical universe.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe if you looked at it this way it would be clearer; You mock up the idea that you are mocking up the physical universe.

Maybe that would work, except that it wasn't "you" in my post or in the one I was replying to who mocked up the physical universe, it was "we" or "a whole lot of thetans."Big difference.

Mods, you might want to split this off into a separate thread; I think it could end up derailing the thread if more people reply to it.

Last edited:

elwood

Patron with Honors
The Tax Assessment is $270,000, and the name of the registered mortgage holder is listed, but I doubt the amount of the mortgage is given? There could be only a $100,00 mortgage and $170,000 or more equity? Am I right???

Homes are rarely appraised and assessed for full market value. You can safely assume that the subject property has a fair market value in excess of $300K.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
From the Bunker.

What’s at stake in Tuesday’s San Antonio court hearing with Scientology’s former enforcer

The Rathbuns do have the right to file a written response before the hearing. The fact that they have lawyered up with somebody as serious as Rich Reynolds probably indicates that they are going to fight this, not just run up a white flag and accept the Rule 202 discovery. That means there will probably be a written response to the petition, which could be filed at basically anytime before the hearing. Waiting to file until the last minute would not be at all unusual, as it gives the petitioner less time to form a reply to the respondent’s arguments, and it’s not like the judge who gets assigned to the hearing is going to spend more than a minute or two with the papers before the hearing anyway.

So that’s the basic procedure here. What’s probably going to be a lot more interesting at the hearing is what the attorneys have to say. Is Ray Jeffrey going to say anything about the “significant circumstantial evidence” referred to in the petition? Is Rich Reynolds going to take any kind of position about what’s going on with his clients? Will anything be said about whether the Church is paying Reynolds’ fees, or whether the Rathbuns are being reimbursed for them?
https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/24/w...rt-hearing-with-scientologys-former-enforcer/

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Homes are rarely appraised and assessed for full market value. You can safely assume that the subject property has a fair market value in excess of $300K.

There can also be about a three year lag between fluctuations in market rate and tax appraisal increases or decreases.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From the Bunker.

What’s at stake in Tuesday’s San Antonio court hearing with Scientology’s former enforcer

https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/24/w...rt-hearing-with-scientologys-former-enforcer/

I like this comment by Jeffrey, it covers Scientology billionaire Bob Duggan or others giving Rathbun money directly as opposed to just trying to find out if only the "church" is directly paying him off:

"If anything of value was received from anyone associated with Scientology, we want to know."

Last edited:

George Layton

Maybe that would work, except that it wasn't "you" in my post or in the one I was replying to who mocked up the physical universe, it was "we" or "a whole lot of thetans."Big difference.

Mods, you might want to split this off into a separate thread; I think it could end up derailing the thread if more people reply to it.

If it was "We", then yes it was me along with everyone else.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Tony Ortega is live blogging from the courtroom.
Alanzo seems to have a lot to say as well.

https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/29/l...scientology-enforcer-be-compelled-to-testify/

Thanks for posting this. I love the use of the blogging app! Lots of updates! This is a must-read today. Learning lots of background stuff on the case.

09:56

"Judge, you didn't know it when you got up in the morning, but you're dipping your toe in Scientology litigation..."

Ray is describing the basics of the petition. That three law firms are submitting the petition. The respondents are two former clients of our law firms, Monique and Marty Rathbun. "We anticipate future litigation..."