What's new

Re-Release of Scientology Documentary

Check out the re-release of a documentary made with the Church of Scientology 18 years ago. Media representation of the Church is rarely neutral, but this material provides unique insight that will help you come to your own conclusions.

Watch the full documentary for free with coupon code InsideSci at www.insidethechurchofscientology.com

ALSO: We are releasing exclusive interviews in a Going Deeper Series

We have released an exclusive interview with Mike Rinder. When this conversation took place, 18 years ago, Rinder was still the chief spokesman and media representative of the Church of Scientology. Though his opinions have since changed, the questions he raises remain relevant:

Did the psychiatric and medical communities launch campaigns to eradicate and discredit Scientology because they felt their industries were threatened by its power, or is Scientology in the business of mind control?

Is Scientology a legitimate religion, with people who gather and benefit from following the guidelines of a text, or is it a corrupt and immoral disaster?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Part 1 of the documentary, released in 1998, is here:

[video=youtube;5TXzTKa5P_c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TXzTKa5P_c[/video]

I, personally, wouldn't waste my time on it. It's a rehash of other videos we've seen when Mike Rinder was still drinking the koolaid, and there are other videos on YouTube (that don't require a silly coupon to watch) of Jon Atack & Vaughn Young talking about thier cult experiences.

The OP smacks of someone trying to profit off the wave of cult criticism & media attention following the release of 'Going Clear'.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
Check out the re-release of a documentary made with the Church of Scientology 18 years ago. Media representation of the Church is rarely neutral, but this material provides unique insight that will help you come to your own conclusions.

Watch the full documentary for free with coupon code InsideSci at www.insidethechurchofscientology.com

ALSO: We are releasing exclusive interviews in a Going Deeper Series

We have released an exclusive interview with Mike Rinder. When this conversation took place, 18 years ago, Rinder was still the chief spokesman and media representative of the Church of Scientology. Though his opinions have since changed, the questions he raises remain relevant:

Did the psychiatric and medical communities launch campaigns to eradicate and discredit Scientology because they felt their industries were threatened by its power, or is Scientology in the business of mind control?

Is Scientology a legitimate religion, with people who gather and benefit from following the guidelines of a text, or is it a corrupt and immoral disaster?

The tech is the cohesive that binds "hubbards truth about reality". There is a difference between getting your head inside of something and getting your head around something.

If you're having trouble with the coupon code, make sure that you are using it on the Full Film and not the Going Deeper Series.

There have been some changes to the film since its initial release, and while we are aware that an edition of the original appears on YouTube, we hope that you will engage with us in a dialogue through the release of bonus interview content.

Thanks for your feedback!

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
If you're having trouble with the coupon code, make sure that you are using it on the Full Film and not the Going Deeper Series.

There have been some changes to the film since its initial release, and while we are aware that an edition of the original appears on YouTube, we hope that you will engage with us in a dialogue through the release of bonus interview content.

Thanks for your feedback!

Hello InsideScientology,

Here is a new ducumentary, awards winner, jaw dropping about $cientology - also featuring Mike Rinder's take about $cientology , after he'd seen the light.
No need of coupon code - which our readers and lurkers will appreciate.

Hopefully you will enjoy watching the documentary!

be certain it was only to bring a valuable contribution to your thread and helping you to get a vfp of getting people informed about the latest professionals documentaries made on the subject.:wink2:

[video]https://youtu.be/xLCj1b0k8Qc[/video]

Thank you
this is true
ML
Lotus

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

There have been some changes to the film since its initial release, and while we are aware that an edition of the original appears on YouTube, we hope that you will engage with us in a dialogue through the release of bonus interview content. Thanks for your feedback!

Why not just put it up on YouTube? Why does one have to use a f*cking coupon??

http://www.businessknowhow.com/marketing/couponing.htm

M

Moderator 3

Er, maybe because it's really spam and they're only interested in collecting names and/or ip addresses?

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
I can think of easier and more effective ways to collect IPs from almost all ESMB readers, even without mod-tools. You can too, eh? :biggrin:
Is there much to be gained by collecting the dynamic IP address of an ESMB 'er? I imagine the vast majority of folks here have 'em.
I know I do.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

I remember watching this when it first came out on TV.

I was a gung ho card carrying Scientologist at the time AND i THOUGHT THE DOCUMENTARY WAS GREAT and accurate. A Scientology friend saw it as well as she liked it.

I think there was something about Xenu (not sure) but I think I remember turning the sound off and not listening to that part.

I never got in trouble for watching this because I never thought of it as watching entheta, I didn't even realize that it was supposed to be entheta or an attack on Scientology. I thought it showed both sides fairly.

I thought is was Pro-Scientology. To me Scientology was a tough club for tough people, and I thought it was an accurate depiction. When they called it a cult, I agreed, but I thought it was a good cult.

I thought they gave Mike Rinder enough time to respond and I agreed with what he said.

I remember him talking about how the RPF was a way to help make people better by focusing on labor and then doing courses and auditing. This made sense to me. He said that other religious orders have different types of disciplines but that this is a religion and we in this country have the right to practice our beliefs.

I remember thinking that Scientology sounded like it was tough and a lot of work but that it was your choice and you could simply walk away if you didn't want to be there.

It just goes to show you that a person believes what he believes and uses any incoming data to reinforce what he all ready believes.

I simply did not believe the disconnection stories because I never met anyone who had been disconnected.

I even told other people to watch it when it was on TV again.

At the time Scientology was really helping me so there was no way I was going to listen to anyone. And that is why I don't think you can really talk anyone out of it, they have to do it themselves when they are ready.

But I do think you can stop someone from getting in.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Is there much to be gained by collecting the dynamic IP address of an ESMB 'er? I imagine the vast majority of folks here have 'em.
I know I do.

While that was most certainly true a decade or so ago, you might want to read up on IPv6, nowadays.

I can't say how much can be gained from that information, but something can certainly be gained from that, especially when cross-linked with other information: One or more users, all living in or around Dallas, Texas, all from a certain ISP, all using the same router, all using the same or a similar set of OSes, all have a seemingly high interest in these ESMB topics/posters: <list>.

Combined with some snippets of personal data, which almost everybody, deliberately or not, leaves in their posts, plus their writing style, local slang words, favorite typos etc, it creates a useful personality profile for any OSA agent worth their salt.

Damn, now I sound like a fuckin' fear monger, but that's not my intention. I just find it fair to inform people about these things.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
While that was most certainly true a decade or so ago, you might want to read up on IPv6, nowadays.

I can't say how much can be gained from that information, but something can certainly be gained from that, especially when cross-linked with other information: One or more users, all living in or around Dallas, Texas, all from a certain ISP, all using the same router, all using the same or a similar set of OSes, all have a seemingly high interest in these ESMB topics/posters: <list>.

Combined with some snippets of personal data, which almost everybody, deliberately or not, leaves in their posts, plus their writing style, local slang words, favorite typos etc, it creates a useful personality profile for any OSA agent worth their salt.

Damn, now I sound like a fuckin' fear monger, but that's not my intention. I just find it fair to inform people about these things.

Ok, well tnks for that MrN.

I won't look up IPv6 though, IPv4 is complicated enough for me, and IPv6 addresses just do me 'ead in. :biggrin:

Incidentally, IPv4 gives you 4,294,967,296 unique numbers in all, and although that's not enough for one number per person on the planet (> 7 billion) I guess they didn't forsee the day when even one's wristwatch would have its own IP address eh?

Last edited: