Read EXSCN for a long while and recently decided to register and say hello

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dear ExScners,

<Snip>
Family was always strong in my life and that stable datum proofed me form many attempts to "succeed" on staff: Cl4 Org, GO B1 GAS, GO, SO/OSA. I never could quite grok the staff game and became public in late 70ies.

<Snip>
FRHIDDEN

Welcome aboard FRHIDDEN. :welcome2:

Nice to have another fan of "Stranger in a strange land."

I don't believe too many people worry about being jumped on here; after all it is just a message board. Albeit an important one. :yes:

LTG

frhidden

Patron with Honors
:welcome2: FRhidden

:thewave:

Sit a spell, take your shoes off, relax and enjoy

:smoking:

Dear Jenni,

It is an honor to be welcomed by you!

(I read the links to the two posts in your footer. If ever I am confronted with a "visit" I will remember your write-up and relax and enjoy the experience and hopefully be a cool as you.)

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Welcome aboard FRHIDDEN. :welcome2:

Nice to have another fan of "Stranger in a strange land."

I don't believe too many people worry about being jumped on here; after all it is just a message board. Albeit an important one. :yes:

LTG

Dear LTG,

Thank you for the welcome.

I love all of Heinlein's books. Time to get them again and reread them. I read them over thirty years ago.

I shall feel neglected if I am not jumped on but feeling very welcome with all these welcomes.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Try reading threads and posts by RogerB or Alan Walters and Dulloldfart (Paul) has a website which is listed on his posts....his website is free and there's lots of stuff there. There's a lot of posts from people who were in Scientology with LRH way back when....information that the cult will never tell you about. You just need to do a lot of lurking and reading here. RogerB has done both the Scientology Bridge and the Knowledgism route and he has a lot of information that might be helpful to you.

Oops...I just backed up and read that you've already read Roger's posts.

Hi FoTi,

Thank you for the tips.

I think I have carefully read all the oldtimer type posts.

I have visited Paul's site many times but not yet had a look at his "rub and yawn" as that seemed too far out. (I met Paul many clicks ago and been helped by him so feel an affinity for him.)

Alan's and Roger's posts and threads are enlightening.

I am still getting my head around knowledgism. Seems to have a workability but I suspect the unknowingness and aromaticity of it. But I have not finished my research.

I would love to do the old bridge to OT7. I am mid NOTS (new OT5) at the moment.

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
Dear Jenni,

It is an honor to be welcomed by you!

(I read the links to the two posts in your footer. If ever I am confronted with a "visit" I will remember your write-up and relax and enjoy the experience and hopefully be a cool as you.)

Thanks frhidden,

You've prompted me to go back and look at the posts again too.

I'm glad you liked them. :thumbsup:

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
LOL SchwimmelPuckel,

By now you have waited so let's have it!

I posted that info to invite opinions. The "Friend" datum is a reason I defended CofS and LRH for so long in spite of faults.

Only once in the CofS was I exposed to verbal abise to my face and I immediately and overtly countered it. But to my shock since them I have found what some family members put up with in the SO. Had I known I would have dome something 20 years ago.

Let's have your best shot!
Welcome frhidden to OZ! And I don't mean Australia. I mean that place that is accessible only from Kansas. (I'll get a lot of buckshot for that statement.) It's to show you that you do get jumped on. I've only been in the ESMB less than a month and I already need a chiropractor. But so what? Unlike the CofS I can tell them all to kiss what I sit on, and then write my next thread or post. You can make a lot of good friends here. Nothing is impossible. Look at Judy Dench. She had herself made a dame of the British Empire, and there is no British Empire. The Skype's the limit. Reuben Hart

Last edited:

Dukat

Patron with Honors
Welcome frhidden!

I like what SweetnessandLight said earlier about ESMB being a big tent and lots of room for everyone.

That sums it up nicely and I'm glad that you're out. Your viewpoint differs from mine but hey, what kind of world would it be if everyone agreed? I just like to see people happy and not hurting anyone. Cults are not that.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Welcome frhidden to OZ! And I don't mean Australia. I mean that place that is accessible only from Kansas. (I'll get a lot of buckshot for that statement.) It's to show you that you do get jumped on. I've only been in the ESMB less than a month and I already need a chiropractor. But so what? Unlike the CofS I can tell them all to kiss what I sit on, and then write my next thread or post. You can make a lot of good friends here. Nothing is impossible. Look at Judy Densch. She was made a dame of the British Empire...and there is no British Empire. Hey, kick back buddy, and have yourself a ball. Reuben Hart

Over the rainbow, to he here, geehrter Reuben.

One of my best friends is a "cohan", the only one is this small city. He suspends his disbelief through generous dispensing of his blessing and enjoys the company and the food at the synagogue. That was me during my years in SCN. I enjoyed the company and the gains while cringing at the unworkable bits. I was always a little too lazy for my own bad.

I have a spare brother, if you need one.

Clarence Rockaway

Patron with Honors
Over the rainbow, to he here, geehrter Reuben.

One of my best friends is a "cohan", the only one is this small city. He suspends his disbelief through generous dispensing of his blessing and enjoys the company and the food at the synagogue. That was me during my years in SCN. I enjoyed the company and the gains while cringing at the unworkable bits. I was always a little too lazy for my own bad.

I have a spare brother, if you need one.
My mother and paternal grandmother were both 'cohanim' but I probably am not. It's from the father's side that it's determined. Some jewish scientist at the U. of Arizona back in 2003 discovered that male cohanim have a special mark on their Y chromosome. You can find out if you are from handing in a sample of your DNA. So why do we need this? Because when the temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem, if it ever is, then the high priest must have this mark. As for the blessing, you can't imagine how real that is, even if it's only a lowly Israelite, like what I probably am. That business in the bible Genesis 12-3, "I shall blesseth those who blesseth thee, and curseth those who curseth thee," has been very true in my life. Only what Sky Guy is waiting for I don't know. When is Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran etc. going to get it in the neck? There won't be an Israel left, before He gets His holy finger out! A spare brother? Yes, I had two at one time, and no longer have any. Have him send me an email. Vielen herzlichen GrueBen, Reuben

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Re: Welcome Newbie!

Hello and welcome. I've enjoyed your posts so far and I'm very interested in your plan. Can you let us know what this is? I'd love to find out.:yes:

Hi UnifiedField,

Hello and thank you for your welcome and kind words.

I have started Audited NOTS and plan to complete this level. I may then do SOLO NOTS. I would also like to do OT 4 to 7 (original OT Levels).

How about you? I see you did Audited NOTS at St Hill a few years ago.

frhidden

Patron with Honors
My mother and paternal grandmother were both 'cohanim' but I probably am not. It's from the father's side that it's determined. Some jewish scientist at the U. of Arizona back in 2003 discovered that male cohanim have a special mark on their Y chromosome. You can find out if you are from handing in a sample of your DNA. So why do we need this? Because when the temple is rebuilt in Jerusalem, if it ever is, then the high priest must have this mark. As for the blessing, you can't imagine how real that is, even if it's only a lowly Israelite, like what I probably am. That business in the bible Genesis 12-3, "I shall blesseth those who blesseth thee, and curseth those who curseth thee," has been very true in my life. Only what Sky Guy is waiting for I don't know. When is Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran etc. going to get it in the neck? There won't be an Israel left, before He gets His holy finger out! A spare brother? Yes, I had two at one time, and no longer have any. Have him send me an email. Vielen herzlichen GrueBen, Reuben

Hi Reuben,

My Cohanim, Elizier, had his DNA analysed via the National Geographic DNA service/project. The seventy or so names of people related to him had Jewish names except one, a Father Ryan from Ireland.

The trouble I have with the situation in the Middle East is that I would probably take the side I was born into, whether that be Israeli or Palestinian. So something smells.

MfG

FRHIDDEN

PS: Offer withdrawn on the spare brother.
PPS: Thanks for the history insights. I invested the time, once, to read all the Will Durant books as I felt my education left me with historical blind spots.

guanoloco

As-Wased
I liked this data from LRH:

LRH, Scientology 8-8008 Lectures [1953], pages 149-150 in transcript

[True friends...]

"For one thing they stand up for one, give him counsel, they help him in

adversity, they safeguard his reputation, won’t hear ill of him, share his

triumphs, ignore his faults."

Hi, frhidden, and welcome!

Regarding "friends", I once read a definition as "one who helps you achieve your goals". Have you run across this one?

It smacks of Hubbard and so I thought it may be but I can't seem to find it.

However, looking back on life there were many people who I did not consider my friend who were actually helping me in achieving my goals; thus, they were better friends and truer friends than many I've chummed and bummed with...know what I mean?

frhidden

Patron with Honors
Hi, frhidden, and welcome!

Regarding "friends", I once read a definition as "one who helps you achieve your goals". Have you run across this one?

It smacks of Hubbard and so I thought it may be but I can't seem to find it.

However, looking back on life there were many people who I did not consider my friend who were actually helping me in achieving my goals; thus, they were better friends and truer friends than many I've chummed and bummed with...know what I mean?

Hi Guanoloco,

LOL Looking on the bright side, you have had a lot more friends than you thought you had.

Thank you for the welcome.

I have started Audited NOTS and plan to complete this level. I may then do SOLO NOTS. I would also like to do OT 4 to 7 (original OT Levels).
QUOTE]

What are your plans for OT 7? I found the materials online but without a c/s I'm a bit lost really and wouldn't know where to start.

I thought OT5 was brilliant but I've never wanted to go to Flag and hated the thought of having to keep going back every 6 months for an unpredictable length of time, not to mention the cost of all the eligibilities. :no: So I started checking out the internet and what I found made me really glad I hadn't pulled out all the stops to make it go right for OT7. Some of the tales are just horrifying. But I want to carry on with my search for 'enlightenment'. I don't care about moving mest by postulate and all that sort of stuff - I just want to be free of the ties to the body and OTV gave me a taste of what that could be like.

frhidden

Patron with Honors

QUOTE]

What are your plans for OT 7? I found the materials online but without a c/s I'm a bit lost really and wouldn't know where to start.

I thought OT5 was brilliant but I've never wanted to go to Flag and hated the thought of having to keep going back every 6 months for an unpredictable length of time, not to mention the cost of all the eligibilities. :no: So I started checking out the internet and what I found made me really glad I hadn't pulled out all the stops to make it go right for OT7. Some of the tales are just horrifying. But I want to carry on with my search for 'enlightenment'. I don't care about moving mest by postulate and all that sort of stuff - I just want to be free of the ties to the body and OTV gave me a taste of what that could be like.

Glad that you enjoyed OT5!

I have a excellent auditor I would trust to train me and C/S me on OT6/7.

FoTi

Crusader
Hi FoTi,

Thank you for the tips.

I think I have carefully read all the oldtimer type posts.

I have visited Paul's site many times but not yet had a look at his "rub and yawn" as that seemed too far out. (I met Paul many clicks ago and been helped by him so feel an affinity for him.)

Alan's and Roger's posts and threads are enlightening.

I am still getting my head around knowledgism. Seems to have a workability but I suspect the unknowingness and aromaticity of it. But I have not finished my research.

I would love to do the old bridge to OT7. I am mid NOTS (new OT5) at the moment.

Unknowingness and aromaticity?

Have you read all of Roger's post? He's posted a lot on the Apollo '73 thread.

I think the old bridge is available outside the CoS....Ron's org maybe?

Terrill could probably tell you where to do that.