What's new

Reason for Big Recovery Push - Need more ideal org donors

oldtimer

Patron
:):)
Yes, Oldtimer, I get it. I'm glad you escaped again.

As to the real reason for the Recovery Push? It's to be found in "Getting Blood Outta Stones Tech"; Existing Stones dry and no New Stones to be found = find some old Discarded Stones and squeeze them harder.

Thanks for your reply. I was just thinking, you know, if the new Scientology is so much better than the old, then why wouldn't the new recruits have a retention rate of say 80% rather than the 10% or so (just guessing) that would hang around for two or three years or longer as public or go on staff like in the good old days.

So I am thinking two factors are at work: 1) Newbies usually do not have enough money to buy much of anything, so if you can't get them on staff they are worthless to the purpose of Scientology, which is to get cheap labor from staff and good money from the public, and 2) They probably look to see who had enough money to purchase a fair amount of services in the past, and if the dollar amount is high enough from previous involvement with Scn, then chances are they still have some money left to buy courses or auditing or both. Which is no doubt why I was contacted.

Lastly, do you know if there are any kind of support groups in some of the bigger cities (I live in middle America) where ex-Scientolgists informally get together to commiserate or do you just remember a name and if you can find a land line number phone them up and find out if they are no longer in the cult would they like to meet for coffee.

Regards, oldtimer

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks for your reply. I was just thinking, you know, if the new Scientology is so much better than the old, then why wouldn't the new recruits have a retention rate of say 80% rather than the 10% or so (just guessing) that would hang around for two or three years or longer as public or go on staff like in the good old days.

So I am thinking two factors are at work: 1) Newbies usually do not have enough money to buy much of anything, so if you can't get them on staff they are worthless to the purpose of Scientology, which is to get cheap labor from staff and good money from the public, and 2) They probably look to see who had enough money to purchase a fair amount of services in the past, and if the dollar amount is high enough from previous involvement with Scn, then chances are they still have some money left to buy courses or auditing or both. Which is no doubt why I was contacted.

Lastly, do you know if there are any kind of support groups in some of the bigger cities (I live in middle America) where ex-Scientolgists informally get together to commiserate or do you just remember a name and if you can find a land line number phone them up and find out if they are no longer in the cult would they like to meet for coffee.

Regards, oldtimer

Are you looking for someone to have coffee with - an EX? Where do you live?

lkwdblds

Crusader
If scientology clients have grown more in the past five years, then the previous 50 years, why worry about people who are no longer clients?

Seriously, the staff at Orgs must be wondering - why us? Everywhere else is busy, we're told - so why aren't we?

I'll be watching for the first empty Ideal Org being quietly sold.

Hasn't the San Diego Ideal Morgue already been quietly sold? It seems to me that I read that some time ago, possibly on Tony Ortega's website.
Lakey

Gib

Crusader

Regards, oldtimer

With the new business model, Ideal Orgs, and public are regged, Hard Sold, to donate to buy the building and renovate it. Thus no income from public for exchange of services and the org saving a portion of the money to buy a building out right from saved money, the building fund. The new program is donations to the building fund by existing members who can do this.

So with a building paid for, the only expense is really for an ongoing operation, is electricity, gas, water, etc. Just the basics. Staff are essentially working for free, volunteers as per the staff contract as there is no min wage law for a church.

So, with just a few members buying bridge services, auditing to clear, at 3000 an intensive, why building expenses are handled. And the PR lies just keep going on.

The new DM business plan, backed by lawyers, only requires each Ideal Org to only have a few paying auditing customers.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
With the new business model, Ideal Orgs, and public are regged, Hard Sold, to donate to buy the building and renovate it. Thus no income from public for exchange of services and the org saving a portion of the money to buy a building out right from saved money, the building fund. The new program is donations to the building fund by existing members who can do this.

So with a building paid for, the only expense is really for an ongoing operation, is electricity, gas, water, etc. Just the basics. Staff are essentially working for free, volunteers as per the staff contract as there is no min wage law for a church.

So, with just a few members buying bridge services, auditing to clear, at 3000 an intensive, why building expenses are handled. And the PR lies just keep going on.

The new DM business plan, backed by lawyers, only requires each Ideal Org to only have a few paying auditing customers.

Gib: How long ago were you in? I was at 4 different Class 5 Morgues long before they went Idle Morgue's - and they were struggling then. That is what "management" does - takes all their money and keeps them poor. Clever mechanism to control - tell the staff - "you can't mix money with religion" LRH. They have always been poor and always will be. The reality is - the Idle Morgue's cannot pay their light, heating, cooling, staff $10/week, electric, paper, supplies etc...when there is NO ONE coming in and the ole timer's are now completely broke. They are regging the staff for "pledges" now and trying to get us es pee's back! New campaign!

It is not possible for the new Ideal Orgs to survive - with all of the lawsuits - negative (truth) media and internet reports - the cult is going down and the "money" is what will do it faster than anything else!

Too much shit hitting the fan and the Church of Scientology and David Miscavige cannot stop it anymore!

oldtimer

Patron
Are you looking for someone to have coffee with - an EX? Where do you live?

I may have gotten a little ahead of myself.

I may at some point want to get coffee. Thanks for replying. Right now I do not want to pinpoint where I live as someone could be checking to see if I am on here. After I get completely routed out and am sleeping better and am more serene, I can probably tell you more.

Thanks so much.:)

oldtimer

Patron
Hasn't the San Diego Ideal Morgue already been quietly sold? It seems to me that I read that some time ago, possibly on Tony Ortega's website.
Lakey

I was told that Scientology is expanding now at a tremendous clip with the materals in chronological sequence, et cetera. But from looking on this board, Scientology may be close to crashing down. I have no idea what the real situation is, whether they are getting bigger or smaller, but I am in the process of routing out, and when that is fully done, I will sleep better at night. Thanks for your post.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just a Recovery Project alone is stupid as it indicates to the world and the media that people have left and why the hell would it have to be such a big "project" unless there were so very very many that need to be recovered.

This is just 10 tons of stupid rolling down the hill.

Rd00

WhatWall

Silver Meritorious Patron
Gib: The reality is - the Idle Morgue's cannot pay their light, heating, cooling, staff $10/week, electric, paper, supplies etc...when there is NO ONE coming in and the ole timer's are now completely broke.

Does the local church even own the building? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

Gadfly

Crusader
Just a Recovery Project alone is stupid as it indicates to the world and the media that people have left and why the hell would it have to be such a big "project" unless there were so very very many that need to be recovered.

This is just 10 tons of stupid rolling down the hill.

Rd00

:thumbsup:

Yes, simple logic would say that if there is a need for "recovery projects", that obviously, people have decided to leave and have nothing to do with Scientology.

I remember back in the late seventies, that even THEN, there were various "recovery projects". The Sea Org had missions out to recover "veteran SO members". There were missions sent out to go out and recover disaffected public and staff.

Scientology, by simply doing what it does "standardly", itself PRODUCES upset, disgruntled, unsatisfied and critical people.

I remember being contacted by various "recovery projects" all through the 1980s and 1990s. It never stops.

It is a great point RD. Why are such immense "recovery actions" necessary if Scientology is so great in the first place? :confused2:

Hint: It's NOT!!!!! :no:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was told that Scientology is expanding now at a tremendous clip with the materals in chronological sequence, et cetera. But from looking on this board, Scientology may be close to crashing down. I have no idea what the real situation is, whether they are getting bigger or smaller, but I am in the process of routing out, and when that is fully done, I will sleep better at night. Thanks for your post.

Routing out is potentially FATAL! :duh:

And also DevT to the Nth! :coolwink:

Just make yourself fabian and unreachable! :yes:

Never give or receive any communication that you do not yourself desire. :ohmy:

I got a million of 'em! :yes: :biggrin:

EP

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I may have gotten a little ahead of myself.

I may at some point want to get coffee. Thanks for replying. Right now I do not want to pinpoint where I live as someone could be checking to see if I am on here. After I get completely routed out and am sleeping better and am more serene, I can probably tell you more.

Thanks so much.:)

Totally understand! Just a suggestion - check out this board and ask questions...as far as I know after 1.5 years of intensive reasearch about Scientology and the methods they use to control :coolwink:, you may want to just leave quietly for now - tell them you are just not interested. They don't let you leave ... hence the purpose of the "routing form". They will get you to look at yourself for your overts because L Ron Hubbard says - no one wants to leave Scientology unless they have a MU or have overts against the CHURCH. Now your MU that you may have is "help". Scientology will not help in the big scheme of things.

Check out what LRH says about "methods to control others". Scientology covertly invalidates everyone. You are not giving enough, doing enough or being enough for the Organization and it is your fault you are not up the bridge, you can't get through your course, you are not giving enough $$$ or time...it never stops.

Just get out~! It is much safer! You will not overcome ther tactics used to convince you to stay and find out WHY you wanted to leave...it will be all about YOU and nothing about the Cult! It will cost you $$$ and because you invested - you will find something wrong you did - had a bad thought about L Ron Hubbard - and then an "amends Project" - spin spin spin.

Don't take my word - ask others here what to do! They don't call it a CULT because it is a CHURCH...it is a CULT!

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

"I have no idea what the real situation is" - how many public going to your local Org? I guarantee that every Org has only 1 - 2 at any given time on course or auditing. And that is it! Just look - it is right there - they have been promoting expansion for years now - they have put up buildings...but where are the people? NONE going in! One just has to LOOK for themselves. I highly recommend you travel around and go to the various Ideal Orgs and LOOK. I did - and it set me free with total certainty that Scientology and David Miscavige is lying and feeding the staff and members propaganda! Videos created to give the illusion.

Check out Arnie Lerma's site - look at the promo scientology sent out - showing huge crowds at the event - Arnie had it analyzed and they were photo shopping people - headless man clapping - the same group of people 17 times on the promo piece - the grand illusion!

Ask Arnie for that - he is one of the best Es Pee's on OUR PLANET!!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist

Why are you bothering with "routing out"?
I have never understood this.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Now I know what is going on. I have recently been reged for roughly 6K and I was having some wins with the first book on the basic books course and I completed it. But they would not let up. Last night they reged me for the Cogress lectures bringing my total out of pocket for these two big courses to $6G. I have to admit that the new books are beautiful and sturdy, and they appear to have everything in chronological order with glossaries with many definitions inside each book, but Scientology is still Scientology. If they would have just left me alone to continue on the Basis Books Course I might have kept going, but "No", they said you need to get "Ron's congress video lectures" too. And in these congress video lectures, Ron does a number of auditing sessions so "You can be audited by Ron", and it would help to do the Congresses" with the Basis Books Course. Well, I don't know if it would have helpted to do them together, but I know they always want money, so I am very ARC Broken. Today I changed my cell phone number, took down my land line with my carrier, and I have already E-Mailed them telling them that I am through with Scientology and asked for a refund of the second service and that the Congress lectures not be sent to my home. I asked my terminals to only communicate with me via letter.

Anyone can call me a fool for getting back on for a couple of weeks, but I think a lot of you know how Reg cycles can be. So please cut me some slack. I had been out of Scientology since 1990, and am again out after roughly two weeks.

You're no fool and you're in good company. Jason Beghe talks fondly of the Congress lectures he was regged to buy. What he realised after watching them was that they repeatedly featured statements like "we've finally got it right now". It clicked with him that no one ever mentioned that over and over and over again people were being sold stuff that never worked. His famous exclamation upon that realisation was (something like) "if Scientology works, show me a mother fucking clear!!"

L Ron Hubbard hisself admitted that Dianetics cannot produce a Clear. Did you ever see an Org that didn't sell Dianetics and promise that it works:

[video=youtube_share;oNtaxR6wEyc]http://youtu.be/oNtaxR6wEyc[/video]​

. . . that was 1958!! Welcome home.

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Oldtimer, a belated welcome to ya!
Nice to have you here, I highly reccomend giving Denise Brennan's latest interview with Steve Hassan a watch (link here> http://vimeo.com/59357326 ) it is brilliant, near the end there are some suggestions for reading, the truth shall set you free, run, don't walk, away from all that is CoS.

:cheers:

TG1

Angelic Poster
Oldtimer,

Why in the name of all that is holy would you "route out" of Scientology?

Why would you put yourself further under their control?

Just leave on your own terms -- by leaving.

Every meeting and conversation you agree to have with them is just more time they will pound on you and "reason" with you not to leave.

Sincerely,

TG1

Gadfly

Crusader
Nobody "routes out of Scientology". One "routes off of staff".

And, it seems to me that the ONLY reason people "route out" at all, and do it as required when leaving staff, is because of FEAR.

Fear of what will happen if they don't follow the routing form.

Fear that they will be DECLARED a suppressive person, and then be disconnected from friends and family, or will be unable to do the Scientology services that they still imagine are vital and necessary to their future well-being.

So much of doing Scientology is based on FEAR!

If it were not for the fear of some negative repercussion, NOBODY would follow the dumb Leaving Staff Routing Form.

Div6

Crusader
Nobody "routes out of Scientology". One "routes off of staff".

And, it seems to me that the ONLY reason people "route out" at all, and do it as required when leaving staff, is because of FEAR.

Fear of what will happen if they don't follow the routing form.

Fear that they will be DECLARED a suppressive person, and then be disconnected from friends and family, or will be unable to do the Scientology services that they still imagine are vital and necessary to their future well-being.

So much of doing Scientology is based on FEAR!

If it were not for the fear of some negative repercussion, NOBODY would follow the dumb Leaving Staff Routing Form.

It's simplicity itself, really.

Tell them that you realized you were PTS, and that David Miscavige is an SP. All efforts to handle have failed, so you are disconnecting from them. Ask them to destroy all files and records pertaining to you and your activities, verified and sworn to. And a return of all monies fraudulently obtained.

They will drop you like a hot potato....:omg: