What's new

Reincarnation

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I've edited the title of this thread to take out the "~~~~". Please don't use this kind of decoration to make your thread stand out. Once that stuff starts it gets out of hand really quick.

Thanks.

AnonKat

Crusader
I've edited the title of this thread to take out the "~~~~". Please don't use this kind of decoration to make your thread stand out. Once that stuff starts it gets out of hand really quick.

Thanks.

You "Cleared" it for us

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious

Thanks.

Oh,Ok.the reason I did it,so it will be harder to google for it (in case if my Sunday school teacher decides to search for this)LOL.
But then when i googled for it,it still comes up,even with ~~~

Mystic

Crusader
I was conscious of "past lives" from a very early age and managed to go quite uninfluenced by folks using Christianity for other purposes than that intended.

When I was 12 I decided when I "grow up" my religion will be Buddhism because they believe in past lives.

Reincarnation is simply a fact of life with many, many natural stages of consciousness running through them all.

Eventually one enlightens and then goes on from there.

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
I was reading some book the other day and there was a quota from the Bible,talking about reicornation (as the writer thought of it)
"The thing that hath been ,it is that which shall be ...and there is no new thing under the sun.Is there anything thereof it may be said,See,this is new?
It hath been already of old times ,which was before me.There is no remembrance of former things."

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
If our fundamental "nature" is "spiritual", and we "cycle" through bodies, then you will come back (in some manner or another). In that case, if that is the way it is, there is nothing you can do about it.

Thinking and talking about it won't change anything. :duh:

Really, who cares? :confused2:

!

I care. I believe in karma and it still messes up my Present life.:bigcry:

I even posted this post a few days ago.:omg:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=15991

I feel much better now, :Dwhat proves that talking about it (or posting about it) helps.:yes:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
You can find anything in the Bible, if you want slavery it's in the Bible, if you want war against unbelievers it's there, if you want a license to collect foreskins it's there, I just don't think it's especially relevant for anything. If Jews want an excuse to attack Arabs it's there and it's offshoot the Koran works in the opposite direction. It is not a substitute for thought. It is not necessarily true. It wasn't written by any god, but by a succession of people throughout hundreds of years. Forget it!

lkwdblds

Crusader
Well stated but...

If our fundamental "nature" is "spiritual", and we "cycle" through bodies, then you will come back (in some manner or another). In that case, if that is the way it is, there is nothing you can do about it.

And, if not, then you won't. In this case, when you die, the light turns out - forever. And, also, there is nothing you can do about it.

Thinking and talking about it won't change anything. :duh:

Really, who cares? :confused2:

But, lots of people will step up to bat to SELL YOU their own beliefs about it all.

In the end it won't matter. What is, is whatever is. Talking, believing and discussing won't change THAT (whatever the nature of "spirit" actually is or isn't)!

Very well stated, there is nothing that you say which can be disputed. However, I have a further question. Do you think that any means exists where people can find out with nearly 100% certainty whether they lived before or not. I always thought that if someone remembered his name and the dates of a particular life, and knew where he was buried that if he took a trip there and found the headstone with the correct name and dates on it, that would constitute sufficient proof that one had actually lived that life. Some other things would give me certainty as well, for instance if I recovered an ability to speak Japanese or the ability to play the violin at a high level without studying, that would do it for me.

When my Son was around one year old and was learning to talk, he used the word "Giya" for 'Yes" but just No for "No". He kept using giya for about 4 months and then finally switched over to yes. I didn't think much about it but perhaps 15 years later, I was watching one of those Chinese Kung Fu type movies with English subtitles and about 4 times I heard the word giya in the movie and the subtile said the word "yes". That certainly is not proof but it made me wonder.
Lakey

Last edited:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Well stated, nothing there to argue about but I have one further question. Do you think someone can know for sure if they study hard enough or find the correct source to read?

Very well stated, there is nothing that you say which can be disputed. However, I have a further question. Do you think that any means exists where people can find out with 100% certainty whether they lived before or not. I always thought that if someone remembered his name and the dates of a particular life, and knew where he was buried that if he took a trip there and found the headstone with the correct name and dates on it, that would constitute sufficient proof for me that I would have certainty of having lived that life. Some other things would give me certainty as well, for instance if I recovered an ability to speak Japanese or the ability to play the violin at a high level without studying, that would do it for me.

When my Son was around one year old and was learning to talk, he used the word "Giya" for 'Yes" but just No for "No". He kept using giya for about 4 months and then finally switched over to yes. I didn't think much about it but perhaps 15 years later, I was watching one of those Chinese Kung Fo type movies with English subtitles and about 4 times I heard the word giya in the movie and the subtile said the word "yes". That certainly is not proof but it made me wonder.
Lakey

That's certainly a proof. Don't invalidate your son. How else one yerar old kid
could know what "Giya " means?
I learned,that people "forget" their past lifes only because they can't confront them

Gadfly

Crusader
Well stated, nothing there to argue about but I have one further question. Do you think someone can know for sure if they study hard enough or find the correct source to read?

No. The product of the intellect will only result in "thinkingness". Always, forever. Reading, at best, can encourage you to LOOK in some direction or area. Once you then take the time to observe and experience, then THAT has some value. Of course, that gets tricky with subjects like past lives, telepathy, ESP, etc. The only "knowing for sure" is at the tippy top of the "Know to Mystery Scale". That is WAY FAR above "thinkingness". "Study" and "reading the right source" remain as an exercise of the intellect. In Buddhism and Taosim, the intellect gets analyzed and discarded. It has very limited use in the BIG scheme of things. Of course, people living at this time, in societies obsessed with "science" and "overintellectualizing", have placed an unusual excess of value in this area of "thinkingness".

For example, one can "read" all about "compassion". Read stories about Mother Theresa, read stories about Jesus, read stories about Buddha, and so forth. But, until one actually FEELS the beingness of a truly compassionate person, or allows that feeling to erupt in and through oneself, all of that "reading" remains devoid of any value.

But also, the path is long, winding and often beset with many detours. Periods of reading and thinking often occur. Also, "contemplation" is different than simple reading. One can "imagine" various scenarios as one reads, and add to it immensely. If one asks, "how can it be that way", and "how is it not that way", as one reads, it also expands the experience aspect, rendering the reading "more valuable".

People tend to read what they are "attracted to". People resonate with external data that aligns well with ones current state of consciousness. Whatever it is that you find yourself most attracted to, as an interest, is the BEST guage of who and what you currently are (understanding that THAT is always changing).

Very well stated, there is nothing that you say which can be disputed. However, I have a further question. Do you think that any means exists where people can find out with 100% certainty whether they lived before or not. I always thought that if someone remembered his name and the dates of a particular life, and knew where he was buried that if he took a trip there and found the headstone with the correct name and dates on it, that would constitute sufficient proof for me that I would have certainty of having lived that life. Some other things would give me certainty as well, for instance if I recovered an ability to speak Japanese or the ability to play the violin at a high level without studying, that would do it for me.

Never 100% certainty. I think it is like physics, and there can be ways to ascertain "higher probabilities". But, also as with quantum physics, if one "knows" WHERE the event occurs, one cannot also "know" the velocity or momentum of the event. Knowing in detail about one thing, prevents knowing in detail about other things. Proof will always involve some aspect of the ever-changing temporal reality. Added to that is the severely limited nature of human perception and memory. So, even basing "proof" on "documented studies" or "direct personal experience" has its flaws and pitfalls. I am sure enough "proof" can exist for many people, in either direction. In the end, as I see it, most of the tme people accept the proof that aligns with what they already believe anyways. Proof? To me most "proof" is self-trickery.

But, really, the only need one has to know or learn about past lives, is to deal with it/them all so that they no longer have any influence in anything. If there are "traumatic" aspects of past lives that need to be addressed, of course, the best place to be is "having them all addressed, with no attention any longer in the area". Otherwise, who cares? They are like anything else that any person can have attention fixated on. Of course, people who think they are meat bodies, who identify ones awareness with MEST, living and dying one life, probably need to get smacked in the face with a past life or two.

When my Son was around one year old and was learning to talk, he used the word "Giya" for 'Yes" but just No for "No". He kept using giya for about 4 months and then finally switched over to yes. I didn't think much about it but perhaps 15 years later, I was watching one of those Chinese Kung Fo type movies with English subtitles and about 4 times I heard the word giya in the movie and the subtile said the word "yes". That certainly is not proof but it made me wonder.
Lakey

Here's an interesting twist on it. According to eastern theories, yes, a person continues to reincarnate. But, once a person attains to a certain level of understanding, and especially to a certain state of consciousness, the desire and "need" to reincarnate vanishes. So, at THAT POINT, does reincarnation matter? I suspect that for THAT PERSON it no longer has any significance or meaning. Interestingly, whereas modern New Age therapies often deal with and address "past life" experiences as some way to "open up" awareness and deal with "Karmic tendencies" that need to be sorted out, I don't think there is any such slant in Buddhism or Hinduism. Their approach is simply to work to control ones mind, so as to be in full awareness at all times. The whole situation with "past lives" resolves itself as one breaks down the various factors of mis-identification.

Now, I will be honest. I have zero attention or concern for my own past lives. But, also, I ran over 600 hours of Dianetics, mostly whole track, and I may have lost interest due to having done so much of it. The nature of consciousness is "attention", and where one places attention on a routine and chronic manner determines "what" any person is "conscious of". Concern for anything, in a way that is anything more than mild curiosity, can often manifest as "stuck attention".

Some channeled information takes the view that all "lives" are occurring simultaneously, and that the notion of "past" in "past lives" is entirely erroneous. That may be how you experience it, but that isn't necessarily the way it is. That any conscious entity seems to have "layers" of experience and reality seems obvious, to me.

Something IS going on. There is no doubt about that, to me. The ONLY value ANY book will have is if the "thinkingness" involved in reading it acts as a nudging to get you to DO SOMETHING about changing your state of consciousness. Reading and thinking can't do it. Mental ruminations will forever remain mental ruminations.

Thinkingness that leads to some practice is the only value of reading about any of this sort of stuff. For example, reading about meditation is useless and does nothing. DOING meditation does something. You can read about, think about, argue about, discuss and ponder "meditation" until hell freezes over, but until you actually DO IT, you will NOT "understand it". You may know "all about it", from some cold analytical view, but you will never "know it". Hubbard understood the importance of "practical" versus "theory". If study doesn't get somebody to do something or look, then it has no value. The entire range of spiritual practices on Earth, that have any real lasting value, simply encourage a person to move up from thinkingness to lookingness. One will NEVER "know" by thinking (reading, studying), though one MIGHT be able to know by careful undifferentiated looking (as directed by reading and studying).

If anyone is curious about past lives, reading accounts can be "fun", and it may "resonate" as true for you, but the best solution is to get auditing, or some past life regression therapy, etc. In other words, DO SOMETHING that has a potential to allow you to contact whatever appears for you as "past lives". Then, get over it! :omg:

That I am an eternal spiritual being is my current operating hypothesis. As a creative entity, with the ability to imagine just about anything as "real" and have it "affect me", from THAT perspective, yes "past lives" probably do exist in some manner. But, people create their own "past lives" and "charge about them". That is the bottom line. In the end everything that you thought was "other than you" and "out there" was "in you" the entire time. Your universe is YOUR universe. You made it. Including every notion of any past life you may have.

Choosing to envision oneself as an eternal spirtual being is the logical choice. How? Well, if I AM an eternal spiritual being, on some long evolutionary path towards enlightenment, then I have increased my odds of coming out ahead. I have hedged my bets! And, if not, and it matters not at all what any person thinks or believes because you are DEAD in a few years anyway, forever dead, well then it DOESN'T MATTER. My choice of ideas and suppositions were as "valid" as anybody else's within THAT framework. And, if their is any value in originality, at least I steered off a bit from the mindset of the common earthly MEST-hypnotized drone.

Silly humans. They mock up these various past lives, then forget them (intentionally), and then spend all of this time working to "discover", "recall", and "remember" these past lives. Seems a bit pointless to me. :confused2: It wouldn't be unlike a young child who hides his favorite toy in a hole in his back yard, and then spends the next 5 years trying to find it again. Why?

Hubbard may have been right when he said that the last goal or desire of any being is to have a game. Any game is better than no game - apparently. Including the one mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Last edited:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
" If anyone is curious about past lives, reading accounts can be "fun", and it may "resonate" as true for you, but the best solution is to get auditing, or some past life regression therapy, etc. In other words, DO SOMETHING that has a potential to allow you to contact whatever appears for you as "past lives". Then, get over it! :omg:

Silly humans. They mock up these various past lives, then forget them (intentionally), and then spend all of this time working to "discover" these past lives. Seems a bit pointless to me. :confused2: It wouldn't be unlike a young child who hides his favorite toy in a hole in his back yard, and then spends the next 5 years trying to find it again. Why?
"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been doing a processing with my auditor last week,
" In your last life find something you can confront" and ".......you rather not
confront."
I think,it's very cool processing.

Just an opinion.I know,some of you may have a different opinion..

lkwdblds

Crusader
There is a couple of other points too.

I learned,that people "forget" their past lifes only because they can't confront them

As most of us admit, Hubbard was not always totally wrong. In the case of past lives he cites two reasons why we forget them. One reason has to do with being at a tone level of below death. In some writings, he suggests that below 0.0, the being is not recording new facsimiles nor viewing facsimiles that it has already recorded. I do not know about this! I have various pictures of being implanted during between lives areas. They could be scenes from sci-fi movie I have seen or could just be mock ups from dreams or be illustrations from a book or comic book I read as a kid, i.e. they could be dub ins or they could be true pictures which either I created or I picked up from other entitiies. I really have no idea where they come from.

A key point about recording these pictures after you leave your body is that the pictures are supposed to contain all 57 perceptics which Hubbard lists as being created by the Thetan. Without being connected up with a body, the thetan alone is not experiencing all or most of the 57 body somatics! Things such as sight, sound, taste, touch and smell are for the most part not available to record and for the other perceptice sensations such as endocrine activities, hunger, saline content, feeling of gravity, balance, etc., those perceptics are definitley not going to be recorded. If their are between lives pictures being recorded, they will, by definition, have much, much less perceptic content than pictures created while running a body within the confines of the physical universe.

The second reason why we forget past life pictures could be that our old anchor points are no longer known to us. The house where we grew up is a reference point or anchor point which can act as an anchor point during an entire life. All pictures created in that life may be connected to that anchor point. When the person dies, perhaps the anchor point for the future would shift to his casket buried in a cemetary. Cremation would totally destroy any final anchor point for one's life. Often, when someone goes back and visits one's old neighborhood, many perceptions and memories turn on. The same thing can occur when one visits a cemetary. After body death, the original neighborhood and its location may be lost to the being, at least temporarily and with no anchor point, the past life pictures are lost to view, though still existing.

The story that the latest version of OT 8 will find, address and handle why a thetan is not aware of his past life pictures apparently is just a lot of sales PR. I did not do OT 8 or solo NOTS but just in looking at people completing OT 8 and listening to what they have to say, there is not even an inkling that any of their past life pictures have been recovered let alone all of those pictures.

By the way, if we have each lived billions or trillions of lives then being able to retrieve all those memories and facsimiles would not necessarily be desirable or a pro survival activity for a being. With trillions or quadrallionw of extraneous pictures actively in play within a being's space, that is going to be a huge drag on that beings ability to focus on his present life.

Lakey

Gadfly

Crusader
I've been doing a processing with my auditor last week,
" In your last life find something you can confront" and ".......you rather not
confront."
I think,it's very cool processing.

Just an opinion.I know,some of you may have a different opinion..

Anything that aims in the direction of realizing yourself as "spiritual", in ever-increasing amounts, is okay with me!

Keep it up! Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
Anything that aims in the direction of realizing yourself as "spiritual", in ever-increasing amounts, is okay with me!

Keep it up! Sounds like fun. :thumbsup:

Ok. I'm just trying to work on my spirituality. After so many years being a wog,now I'm working like crazy.

lkwdblds

Crusader
There is a couple of other points too.

As most of us admit, Hubbard was not always totally wrong. In the case of past lives he cites two reasons why we forget them. One reason has to do with being at a tone level of below death. In some writings, he suggests that below 0.0, the being is not recording new facsimiles nor viewing facsimiles that it has already recorded. I do not know about this! I have various pictures of being implanted during between lives areas. They could be scenes from sci-fi movies I have seen or could just be mock ups from dreams or be illustrations from a book or comic book I read as a kid, i.e. they could be dub ins or they could be true pictures which either I created or I picked up from other entitiies. I really have no idea where they come from.

A key point about recording these pictures after you leave your body is that the pictures are supposed to contain all 57 perceptics which Hubbard lists as being created by the Thetan running a body. Without being connected up to a body, the thetan alone is not experiencing all or most of the 57 body somatics! Things such as sight, sound, taste, touch and smell are for the most part not available to record and for the other perceptice sensations such as endocrine activities, hunger, saline content, feeling of gravity, balance, etc., those perceptics are definitley not going to be recorded. If there are between lives pictures being recorded, they will, by definition, have much, much less perceptic content than pictures created while running a body within the confines of the physical universe.

The second reason why we forget past life pictures could be that our old anchor points are no longer known to us. The house where we grew up is a reference point or anchor point which can seve as an anchor point for an entire life. All pictures created in that life may be connected to or referenced back to that anchor point. When the person dies, perhaps the anchor point for the future would shift to his casket buried in a cemetary. Cremation would totally destroy any final anchor point for one's life. Often, when someone goes back and visits one's old neighborhood, many perceptions and memories turn on. The same thing can occur when one visits a cemetary. After body death, the original neighborhood and its location may be lost to the being, at least temporarily and with no anchor point, the past life pictures are lost to view, though still existing. It is like a map book without the poles or a prime meridian. A reference point is needed to give orientation to an entire collection of maps or in the case of one's mind, an entire collection of pictures.

The story that the latest version of OT 8 will find, address and handle why a thetan is not aware of his past life pictures apparently is just a lot of sales PR. I did not do OT 8 or solo NOTS but just in looking at people completing OT 8 and listening to what they have to say, there is not even an inkling that any of their past life pictures have been recovered let alone all of those pictures.

By the way, if we have each lived billions or trillions of lives then being able to retrieve all those memories and facsimiles would not necessarily be desirable or a pro survival activity for a being. With trillions or quadrallions of extraneous pictures actively in play within a being's space, that is going to be a huge drag on that beings ability to focus on his present life.

Lakey

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Well, I am and have always been a wog and I like being a wog, so there's no reason for me to change that. However, my point of view re reincarnation is this: I do not know if reincarnation exists or not. I cannot prove or disprove either way. I do know that I am alive here and now. So that's where I put my focus on. The here and now. This may not be a very "spiritual" approach, but it's workable "tech". For me, that is. :)

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious
As most of us admit, Hubbard was not always totally wrong. In the case of past lives he cites two reasons why we forget them. One reason has to do with being at a tone level of below death. In some writings, he suggests that below 0.0, the being is not recording new facsimiles nor viewing facsimiles that it has already recorded. I do not know about this! I have various pictures of being implanted during between lives areas. They could be scenes from sci-fi movies I have seen or could just be mock ups from dreams or be illustrations from a book or comic book I read as a kid, i.e. they could be dub ins or they could be true pictures which either I created or I picked up from other entitiies. I really have no idea where they come from.

A key point about recording these pictures after you leave your body is that the pictures are supposed to contain all 57 perceptics which Hubbard lists as being created by the Thetan running a body. Without being connected up to a body, the thetan alone is not experiencing all or most of the 57 body somatics! Things such as sight, sound, taste, touch and smell are for the most part not available to record and for the other perceptice sensations such as endocrine activities, hunger, saline content, feeling of gravity, balance, etc., those perceptics are definitley not going to be recorded. If there are between lives pictures being recorded, they will, by definition, have much, much less perceptic content than pictures created while running a body within the confines of the physical universe.

Lakey

Thanks for the info. That was very interesting. I had some cognitions reading that.My past lifes are very real to me,the last life is as real as this one.
I think,my attention still there somewhere.LOL.I do have all those " sight, sound, taste, touch and smell are for the most part not available to record and for the other perceptice sensations such as endocrine activities, hunger, saline content, feeling of gravity, balance, etc.," when I try to confront pics.

I wonder,if my daughter does...
I should talk to her. My soon to be ex-husband took her and blew a few days ago because he could not confront something I told him.(he is a Christian)
I was talking to my daughter on the phone the other day,but my husband
was listening on another line,so she did not really said too much.Only "Mom,
I love you and miss you.See you soon."And then she changed the topic)
I wish,I could audit her when she gets older.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Me too

Well, I am and have always been a wog and I like being a wog, so there's no reason for me to change that. However, my point of view re reincarnation is this: I do not know if reincarnation exists or not. I cannot prove or disprove either way. I do know that I am alive here and now. So that's where I put my focus on. The here and now. This may not be a very "spiritual" approach, but it's workable "tech". For me, that is. :)

I too choose to focus on the now, this life. I have had two possible past life - 'things' - happen, one is just a vision, of a funeral rite, and the other a dream - of a death/murder about to happen. Both very, very real, leaving me wondering - Is this a past life? One even explained a physical thing that was happening to me, and that diminished after I made the 'this body' connection with the way of death/murder in the dream.

However, this is not proof to me of past lives. It just leaves a door open. I have lots of open doors, on things I cannot explain or understand. I had a near death experience too, that let me know, there is life after. I didn't make it all the way, obviously, but it let me know, there is something after, intelligence, awareness, some memory (as it unreels?). It's just not very explainable, and once one tries, it kind of takes away from what it actually was - and no one believes you anyway - LOL.

As interesting and fascinating, as it all is, I don't focus on that at all. Spirituality is a different thing. I found my own way there, and I don't let others tell me. It comes from inside, not from the outside in the form of rules and regulations. It is a way of life/being. Am I any good at it ? - LOL. Sometimes . . . :unsure: :eyeroll: :yes: :thumbsup: :D

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
I too choose to focus on the now, this life. I have had two possible past life - 'things' - happen, one is just a vision, of a funeral rite, and the other a dream - of a death/murder about to happen. Both very, very real, leaving me wondering - Is this a past life? One even explained a physical thing that was happening to me, and that diminished after I made the 'this body' connection with the way of death/murder in the dream.

However, this is not proof to me of past lives. It just leaves a door open. I have lots of open doors, on things I cannot explain or understand. I had a near death experience too, that let me know, there is life after. I didn't make it all the way, obviously, but it let me know, there is something after, intelligence, awareness, some memory (as it unreels?). It's just not very explainable, and once one tries, it kind of takes away from what it actually was - and no one believes you anyway - LOL.

As interesting and fascinating, as it all is, I don't focus on that at all. Spirituality is a different thing. I found my own way there, and I don't let others tell me. It comes from inside, not from the outside in the form of rules and regulations. It is a way of life/being. Am I any good at it ? - LOL. Sometimes . . . :unsure: :eyeroll: :yes: :thumbsup: :D

Yeah, well, spirituality... I could tell some pretty interesting stories about that. Example: I am and always have been a "good sleeper", or as my former wife usually puts it: the whole house could break down on me, and I wouldn't even think about waking up. I usually don't hear the phone either when I'm sleeping. :D However, later in life, I had this girlfriend who lived quite a few time zones away from me. Believe it or not, but I was fully awake right in the moment she thought about calling me. So there must be at least some spirituality in me, huh? :p

Also, my dreams (the few ones that I can remember) always come true. Do I believe in them? No. It's just an observation, and there's always some key information missing in them anyway, so I wouldn't want to rely on them.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Things - like that too

Yeah, well, spirituality... I could tell some pretty interesting stories about that. Example: I am and always have been a "good sleeper", or as my former wife usually puts it: the whole house could break down on me, and I wouldn't even think about waking up. I usually don't hear the phone either when I'm sleeping. :D However, later in life, I had this girlfriend who lived quite a few time zones away from me. Believe it or not, but I was fully awake right in the moment she thought about calling me. So there must be at least some spirituality in me, huh? :p

Also, my dreams (the few ones that I can remember) always come true. Do I believe in them? No. It's just an observation, and there's always some key information missing in them anyway, so I wouldn't want to rely on them.

I have had connections with people like that too - and a pet or two . . .

Sure as heck something is going on, that we as humans don't understand - can't prove. I like that about life . . .