Relationship to Scientology shown in court documents contribute to Baca resignation?

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Did the recent revelation in court documents of Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca's relationship with the Church of Scientology contribute to his resignation?

On January 4, 2014, Tony Ortega reported that David Miscavige, leader of the Church of Scientology and Chairman of the Board of the Religious Technology Center, bragged in text messages about Scientology's relationship with Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca, and how Scientology could use its relationship with Sheriff Baca to "DA" (dead agent, i.e., invalidate, discredit) journalist John Sweeney:
We are going to lay out exactly how to further mess up his plans on wednesday as he expects us to refuse to show him anything. But we can force him to shoot our facilities. We can also line up interviews that he will likely refuse (on principal he is saying that anything we give him is just our propaganda) and we will use that against him. If he does interview them them they will da his lines — people like lee baca [Los Angeles County Sheriff], xavier becerra [US Congressman], bill hosten (who was in the mar 13 ol video). We are getting these lined up.
The texts were submitted to the court in the civil action against the Church of Scientology for harassment and intentional infliction of emotional distress entitled, Monique Rathbun v. David Miscavige, Religious Technology Center, Church of Scientology International, et al.

Two days later, on January 6, 2014, it was widely reported that on January 7, 2014 Sheriff Baca would announce his resignation or retirement.

A Scientologist, and indeed David Miscavige, might say that the revelation in court papers of Sheriff Baca's relationship with Scientology and his resignation shortly after such revelation are "date coincident."

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Re: Relationship to Scientology shown in court documents contribute to Baca resignati

Did the recent revelation in court documents of Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca's relationship with the Church of Scientology contribute to his resignation?

Scientology had nothing to do with Lee Baca's desire to resign. Lee Baca's department has been rife with corruption over many years & he stood back & allowed it to happen. He also engaged in alot of corruption himself offering to deputize celebrities & provide them weapons carte blanche.

Recently, 17 active sheriff deputies were arrested by the FBI for beating & abusing inmates under Baca's watch, this after years of Baca being called out on the carpet for his failure to stop the abuse. He would just make endless excuses.

Unfortunately, if Baca had ruin for re-election, he most likely would have won. He is very popular amongst Latino voters.

His latest stunt was to hire a pastor, Bishop Edward Turner, as a top aide & pay him a six-figure annual salary, then stop a narcotics investigation on the pastor. Bishop Turner presided over the Multi-Faith Clergy Council, which included reps from the COS.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/no...iffs-aide-after-pot-dispensary-found-20131113

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?id=9328205

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-baca-retire-20140107,0,2240618.story#axzz2ph3it6jm

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Relationship to Scientology shown in court documents contribute to Baca resignati

Sheriff Deputies, a sheriff and a Bishop....hmmmm what next ? the 'pope' of scientology? oh maybe not..he has a Columbian army to back him up :goodluck:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron

His latest stunt was to hire a pastor, Bishop Edward Turner, as a top aide & pay him a six-figure annual salary, then stop a narcotics investigation on the pastor. Bishop Turner presided over the Multi-Faith Clergy Council, which included reps from the COS.]

pastor and top civilian aide to L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca was relieved of duty and is the subject of an internal affairs investigation after officials learned he owns a South Los Angeles property that houses a medical marijuana shop, The dispensary is not among the approximately 130 marijuana outlets meeting voter-approved criteria for operation in Los Angeles.

http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-sheriff-pastor-20131114,0,5746371.story#ixzz2phtHRLNH

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

Scientology had nothing to do with Lee Baca's desire to resign.
All I did was ask a question. :coolwink:

And, as I noted, your average Scientogist would be convinced by the "date coincidence." :coolwink:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

All I did was ask a question. :coolwink:

And, as I noted, even your average Scientogist would be convinced by the "date coincidence." :coolwink:

added word "even" to fix your quote....

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubb used to say that anyone who criticises him and his ‘church’ should be investigated for crimes.

We say that anyone who publically praises the CoS should be investigated. More and more we see corruption and scandal – and not a little moonbattery. Which is not surprising really. I mean what sort of person jumps into bed with the cult and gushes about how wonderful they are?

A sensible crook would take the money and keep quiet. :coolwink:

Axiom142