What's new

REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base near LA

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Tony Ortega - REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base near L.A.
http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...avige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/

Excerpt:
A bombshell this morning from former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder: He claims that a man known nationally as a TSA whistleblower has told others that he was hired to be a security guard to keep Scientology leader David Miscavige’s wife Shelly from escaping a remote mountain compound near Lake Arrowhead, California.

The vanishing of Shelly Miscavige in 2005 (with a brief reappearance in 2007) has been one of Scientology’s most disturbing mysteries in recent years, and something we’ve been paying considerable attention to.

Our sources tell us that Shelly has been living at Scientology’s CST headquarters compound near Lake Arrowhead, and now Rinder, at his blog, is claiming that there’s evidence she was not only there, but that armed security was hired to make sure she didn’t leave.

CommunicatorIC

Shelly Miscavige Guarded By Armed PI’s

Mike Rinder: Shelly Miscavige Guarded By Armed PI’s
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/shelly-miscavige-guarded-by-armed-pis/

Excerpt:
He stated the detail was stationed across the road from the Church property sat Rim of the World in a rented cabin/house. He said, “I guarded Shelly – that Miscavige guy’s wife. For about six months I worked up there. She was there. Never had any contact with her, but we were told she was there and that she was the reason we were there.”

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Re: REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base nea

:drama:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base nea

This is pretty big news. Could start in motion the dominoes falling....?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

This is pretty big news. Could start in motion the dominoes falling....?

For that to happen the Federal Government would have to act on behalf of We The People instead of Corporations with Money.

The Sloth

Patron with Honors

For that to happen the Federal Government would have to act on behalf of We The People instead of Corporations with Money.

But, but, but......Corporations ARE People. :duh:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/07/the-supreme-court-still-thinks-corporations-are-people/259995/
But what stood out most about Citizens United was not the Court's legal reasoning, but its staggering naivete. As the Court confidently declared, "We now conclude that independent expenditures, including those made by corporations, do not give rise to corruption or the appearance of corruption." And for skeptics who thought otherwise, the Court provided this additional assurance: "The appearance of influence or access, furthermore, will not cause the electorate to lose faith in our democracy."

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

Hmmm. Perhaps Shelly isn't as happy as a clam after all.

Surely this statement has serious implications? Wouldn't the police be obligated to investigate any person who has hired armed security to ensure their spouse does not escape. jeez. Wouldn't the security company be breaking the law too?

God speed little story as you run wild through the interwebz and news channels.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

The update at The Underground Bunker provides a statement made by Robert MacLean.

Link: http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...avige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/

He said:

“I never witnessed nor do I have any knowledge of wrongdoing or criminal activity associated with current or former members or officials of the Church of Scientology. There is one item that is true: most ALL security work is extremely boring.”

Um...?

JB

CommunicatorIC

The update at The Underground Bunker provides a statement made by Robert MacLean.

Link: http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...avige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/

He said:
“I never witnessed nor do I have any knowledge of wrongdoing or criminal activity associated with current or former members or officials of the Church of Scientology. There is one item that is true: most ALL security work is extremely boring.”

Um...?

JB
Tony's update goes on to state:
If he’s right, Rinder’s bombshell throws the LAPD’s visit with Shelly into serious question. But will MacLean back him up? Even Rinder admits that Scientology can be very persuasive about keeping its current and former employees quiet.

“Apparently the church persuaded him it was not in his best interests to talk to the media and tell what he knew about Shelly Miscavige being ‘disappeared’,” Rinder writes. “You can imagine why.”
There is not, and never was, any chance that MacLean would back Rinder's statement that:
The church hired armed PI’s and rented the house across the street from the entrance to CST Mile High property to watch for Shelly trying to escape (and perhaps someone arriving to try and break her out).
Further, there was absolutely no need for the Church of Scientology to "persuade" MacLean not to make such an admission.

Seriously, regardless of any advice the Church of Scientology would give, would MacLean (or anyone) admit that they served as an armed guard to prevent an adult from escaping? That they engaged in the crime of false imprisonment, and/or a conspiracy to falsely imprison someone? That was never gong to happen.

What do Mike and Tony expect? That MacLean is going to say, "Oh yes, I was hired, agreed to act, and acted as an armed guard to falsely imprison Shellly Miscavige and make sure she didn't escape?"

Any minimally intelligent person would say what MacLean said, and would do so without the need to be so advised by the Church of Scientology. His position will be, and has to be, that he was hired and acted as an armed guard to prevent outsiders from invading the premises, harming those inside, etc. He cant possibly say anything else.

Last edited:
Re: Shelly Miscavige Guarded By Armed PI’s

Mike Rinder: Shelly Miscavige Guarded By Armed PI’s
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/shelly-miscavige-guarded-by-armed-pis/

Excerpt: "He stated the detail was stationed across the road from the Church property sat Rim of the World in a rented cabin/house. He said, “I guarded Shelly – that Miscavige guy’s wife. For about six months I worked up there. She was there. Never had any contact with her, but we were told she was there and that she was the reason we were there.”
"He stated the detail was stationed across the road from the Church property sat Rim of the World in a rented cabin/house. He said, “I guarded Shelly – that Miscavige guy’s wife. For about six months I worked up there. She was there. Never had any contact with her, but we were told she was there and that she was the reason we were there.”

And also to chase away anyone who may have tried to contact her... I remember seeing a video of them that either Pope, Anon Orange, or other So Cal Anons shot about that time, of a bunch of big goons looking just like mercenaries piling out of that cabin and out to the road to challenge their car as they drove away. :no:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hmmm. Perhaps Shelly isn't as happy as a clam after all.

Surely this statement has serious implications? Wouldn't the police be obligated to investigate any person who has hired armed security to ensure their spouse does not escape. jeez. Wouldn't the security company be breaking the law too?

God speed little story as you run wild through the interwebz and news channels.

But, nobody has put forth any evidence or eyewitness testimony that the guard(s) were there to prevent Shelly's escape.

Not yet, anyways.

All the COS (Crimewave of Scientology) has to say is that security personnel were there to provide um.....security--for Shelly and all the other hard working church members. Security, the same as every other large organization employs.

Even if someone (former security guard or staff member) came forward as an EYEWITNESS that Shelly was forcefully restrained when she tried to leave, the COS would simply have Shelly sign a Declaration that:

• It never happened; Or--
  • She had a minor upset one time and someone talked to her to help calm her down, after which she happily returned to her religious work on her own free will; Or--
  • The "eyewitness" security guard was not a Scientologist and therefore didn't understand that she was doing Upper Indoc TR's with other staff members. They were simply bullbaiting her and practicing "8-C", but she can understand how the wog might have misinterpreted that as being "restrained". In fact, she had huge wins from those drills and recommends them to everyone.

To her Declaration, the COS would attach supporting photographs of Shelly, each with the identical huge grin plastered on her face as she:

• Wore a 1950's style flower-patterned dress and apron in the church's kitchen, cheerfully baking Betty Crocker brownies for the homeless.
  • Handing off a brown lunch bag to her beloved husband Dave as she cheerfully sees him off to work in the morning.
  • Enjoying recreational time with Dave and fellow staff as she cheerfully scores a hole-in-one at a miniature golf course.

All that said, I heartily applaud all of Mike Rinder's and Tony Ortega's investigative research and reporting. There is always a possibility that these threads of inquiry might eventually lead to a blockbuster expose on Shelly or perhaps some unexpected subject/event that nobody has considered or could have predicted (i.e. "Black Swan"). One can always hope!

Except, Helly...that photographs show the RAZOR WIRE installed on the fence was facing INWARD. That's de facto evidence of COS/RTC/CST "Security" wanting to keep people IN and not OUT! :no: :grouch:

CommunicatorIC

MacLean has responded on Mike's blog:

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/shelly-miscavige-guarded-by-armed-pis/#comment-34720

Robert J. MacLean says

February 7, 2014 at 11:30 am

Dear Mr. Mike Rinder,

I never witnessed nor do I have any knowledge of wrongdoing or criminal activity associated with current or former members or officials of the Church of Scientology.

There is one item that is true: most ALL security work is extremely boring.

Respectfully,
Robert J. MacLean

Mike Rinder says

February 7, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Dear Mr. MacLean,

Thanks for responding.

I did not accuse you of criminal activity or knowledge of wrongdoing.

However, when someone like Shelly Miscavige “disappears” and the church claims that she is just working as normal on projects for the church, the fact that armed private security were paid to observe her 24/7 makes a mockery of that assertion. This was my point. If you had the impression I was accusing YOU of some wrongdoing or criminal action, I apologize. The only thing I accused you of was having information that had relevance to the situation of the disappearance of Shelly (someone I have known since she was 12 years old) and being unwilling to confirm this for the media.

I note you do not deny the specifics of what I said in my blog post. Is there any FACT that is untrue?

I appreciate you writing.

Mike

TG1

Angelic Poster

(snip)

To her Declaration, the COS would attach supporting photographs of Shelly, each with the identical huge grin plastered on her face as she:

• Wore a 1950's style flower-patterned dress and apron in the church's kitchen, cheerfully baking Betty Crocker brownies for the homeless.
  • Handing off a brown lunch bag to her beloved husband Dave as she cheerfully sees him off to work in the morning.
  • Enjoying recreational time with Dave and fellow staff as she cheerfully scores a hole-in-one at a miniature golf course.
(snip)

Yo, HH ...

You mean "proof" like the recent pix of Barbara Cordova posted at ...

https://plus.google.com/106891468918067625782/posts

... including the "proof of life" shot of her with a January 29, 2014, newspaper (it is part of a two-photo batch; the other picture is one of Barbara with a white dog):

Like that?

TG1

HelluvaHoax!

Except, Helly...that photographs show the RAZOR WIRE installed on the fence was facing INWARD. That's de facto evidence of COS/RTC/CST "Security" wanting to keep people IN and not OUT! :no: :grouch:

Of course!

But, unfortunately Tommy Davis (when he was Int'l Spokesperson) already explained that inward facing razor wire. This really happened, I am not making it up.

JOURNALIST
What about the security razor wire?
Why is it facing inward?

TOMMY DAVIS
That's just the way it was installed.​

Yeah, its mindless. Yeah, it's stupid.Yeah it's nonsensical. Yeah, it's Scientology.

HelluvaHoax!

Yo, HH ...

You mean "proof" like the recent pix of Barbara Cordova posted at ...

https://plus.google.com/106891468918067625782/posts

... including the "proof of life" shot of her with a January 29, 2014, newspaper (it is part of a two-photo batch; the other picture is one of Barbara with a white dog):

Like that?

TG1

Yeah, kinda like that.

But, who is Barbara Cordova? I must be slipping. Somebody throw a blanket over me and tune in my favorite afternoon show with Mike Douglas, will ya? LOL

CommunicatorIC

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Perhaps THAT is the source of the problem?

The founders intended the constitution and bill of rights to protect "we the people" from tyranny.

$cientology defines TYRANNY.

Arnie

PS:BB is that you! you came back just-in-time for the climax!

It would be a simple matter to corroborate McLeans's statement and also to acquire a more precise timeline.

Identify the location of the "house across the street" and ask its owner when was it rented a few months and by whom for what given reason.