What's new

REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base near LA

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Re: REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base nea

Interesting comment:

Michael Leonard Tilse
• 3 hours ago

Re: Robert MacLean.
I haven't gotten through all the posts today, so my comment might be redundant. I read his disclaimer that was commented to the blog and then sent to Tony and posted.

That it was a security firm that was armed with semi-automatic rifles and handguns is an important point. If as Rinder relates they were really "Guarding Shelly" then some scenarios present themselves:

A. They were told they were "Guarding Shelly" and that there were possible threats to her that would require armed response. This could mean that "Guarding Shelly" was a shore story based on a fiction that Shelly as the wife of a world leader and was under threat of an armed kidnapping attempt.

B. They were hired to "Guard Shelly" against violent anonymous individuals who wanted to harm her. And may have come about because of the protests by AGP and others.

C. They were hired to "Guard Shelly" and the compound against an armed attempt to gain access to the compound and steal the sacred scriptures on the plates and the stored platinum and gold. They might have been told they were there to supplement the internal security force in the compound.

D. They were told to "Guard Shelly" from being removed from the compound by armed law enforcement. But they were told that any law enforcement would be kidnappers/criminals who were merely dressed up as armed LEO and had fake I.D. The guards would be employed to confirm I.D. and prevent such a sham operation if discovered. In any event, this would throw the burden of resistance to LEO to the hired guards and give time for staff to escape trough a bolt hole.

E. They were told that "Shelly" was mentally ill and that she might try to leave the compound and care provided to her and then fall into the hands of disgruntled defrocked apostates who might try to spirit her away. Their job was to prevent that and return her to the caretakers of the compound for her own good.

I think that under no circumstance were they told that Shelly was the disfavored wife of the leader of scientology and that she posed a legal threat to the organization or the leader if she got out. They would have been told a lie that somehow explained why armed guards from an external security company was needed.

Edit to add: I also think that Robert's statement shows he is having second thoughts as to why the security detail was actually there.

Edit to add: F. MacLean and fellow guards were told that the personnel of the compound worked with precious metals and valuable documents that could be negotiated for serious cash. So they were to be an external guard against any inside personnel taking unauthorized, uncleared leave and stealing valuables. And would have security company credentials while chasing them if LEO showed up.

http://tonyortega.org/2014/02/07/re...avige-from-escaping-scientology-base-near-la/

smartone

My Own Boss
Re: REPORT: Man was hired to keep Shelly Miscavige from escaping Scientology base nea

Boy - reading his texts - he really doesn't want to touch this with a 10 pole. What I wonder is this: did he actually ever see her? It might be he only heard that she was there, thus as far as he is concerned, he's not going on the record and stick his neck out. It could be his own moral character, and not the "church got to him" or he was paid off.

Mimsey

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

TG1

Angelic Poster

Smurf, his name is spelled "MacLean," not "McLean."

Just sayin'. Could make a difference in your searches.

Anonycat

Crusader

The guy's doing pretty well, financially, if he lives in a gated community in Ladera Ranch (where the reality show 'Housewives of Orange County' is filmed).

View attachment 6678

View attachment 6677

McLean owns a roofing business in Orange County, CA & Michigan.

http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=56Mv1mm7SdgDkZPeu7Xujw

https://www.facebook.com/maclean.robert

Wife: https://www.facebook.com/gissel.maclean

I wonder what the employment package is for guarding Shelly with semi-automatic weapons. He did say he liked the overtime. Just wondering out loud what his W-2s look like.

TG1

Angelic Poster

PIs Marrick and Arnold settled their case with the Cult 'o Scientology on the basis of their having each earned approximately $500K annually during all their years of employment.

So $500,000 X whatever inflation factor you want to multiply it by X 8 years (since Shelly was last seen)

= $4 million

Or more.

For 24/7 coverage.

Per PI.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious

Someone over at the Bunker wrote that the houses located across the street from the entrance to this complex are all owned by Cof$.

freethinker

Sponsor

Corporations are persons, not people. There is a definition of person that includes an individual, partnership or corporation but corporations do not have constitutional and 14th amendment rights because they are not "born" and cannot have "posterity".

There is no need for an amendment to the constitution, we just need the judges to "clear their words" (joke) or...

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

If the intent really was to ‘protect’ Shelly (and her colleagues), then surely the guards would be at the entrance to the compound itself, rather than located at a house across the road from and opposite the main entrance?

This arrangement would never be able to prevent a frontal assault by say a couple of SUVs crashing through the main gate. By the time the guards got into the compound it could be too late. Rinder suggests – and I agree with him – that the real reason is to intercept anyone attempting to leave without permission. If anyone gives the compound security the slip (a la Rathbun and Headley), they would be there as a ‘sweeper’.

Also, it would be interesting to know if the same or a similar security firm accompanies Miscavige on his foreign (and increasingly rare) jaunts. And if they did, are they armed? If they are packing heat when they visit the UK, this is, of course, a very serious offence and would result in multi-year prison sentences for all involved. Of course that is assuming they got caught. Apparently Miscavige flies by private jet, I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to sneak a couple of boxes of ‘machine parts’ past the reduced security at the smaller airfields.

And, I wonder if the lack of legitimately-armed security was a factor in Miscavige not holding the IAS event at St Hill in 2013 after personally hosting it there for at least the previous dozen years? If half of what Rinder, Rathbun, Headley and others say about his increasingly paranoid state of mind is true, then he will surely be worried about his personal safety. There is no way the UK police would provide armed security for him and the best the private firms could do would be provide some beefy ex-army types armed with nothing more than a torch and a walkie-talkie. Can’t imagine many would want to take a bullet for The Tiny Tyrant.

NB Nothing in this post should be construed as a threat to or incitement of physical violence against Miscavige or any other members of the CoS. On the contrary, I want ‘The Captain’ to have a long and healthy life - as a permanent guest of The Federal Bureau of Prisons.

Axiom142

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron

If this man was hired by Scientology to not let a person leave couldn’t he be convicted of kidnapping or false imprisonment? Even if he were hired by someone?

If someone hired me to do something illegal and I did it I can still be convicted personally, can’t I? Maybe that is one reason he isn’t talking. He might implicate himself.

If anyone here understands the law on this I would like to know your opinion.

pkatz

Patron with Honors

deleted

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Smurf, his name is spelled "MacLean," not "McLean." Just sayin'. Could make a difference in your searches.

It was a typo. My searches are just fine without your input. Just saying.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

If this man was hired by Scientology to not let a person leave couldn’t he be convicted of kidnapping or false imprisonment? Even if he were hired by someone?

If someone hired me to do something illegal and I did it I can still be convicted personally, can’t I? Maybe that is one reason he isn’t talking. He might implicate himself.

Yes, if you did it. There is no evidence that this guy physically restrained Shelly. In fact, he claims he never saw her. And the cult will just deny they hired him for that purpose. You can't convict someone on hearsay.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

She said that she would get out "only one way".

Exactly.

Add to that another beautiful passage from the church's religious scripture: "We'd rather have you dead than incapable."

It's theta, really.

But, did cult members ever really ask themselves (in all the hundreds of times they read KSW) this simple question: Incapable of what, exactly?

ANSWER: Incapable of believing and living lies that are money makers for cult leaders.