What's new

Request for exscn member numbers

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
G'day moderators, I am doing an uni essay on 'Anonymous' and how it changed the way the internet/ social media was changed by rallies 2008- 2011 era. Where can I find Exscn membership numbers for 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 ? :guyfawkes:

Hypothesis: That the numbers should form a bell curve as the :guyfawkes: rallies picked up, then level off around (June) 2011; as there was a change to Anon group/s actions then.

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
The current number is on the Home page; Members 9,158. It's cumulative so it always gets bigger, it started with 1. Maybe the Tech Admin would know, or the Wayback Machine.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exscn members (jan-dec). Active users/ Guest.
2008: 0 559 - 1,510 ^^^ 32/138 - 41/093
2009: 1,546 - 2,567 ^^^ 23/065 - 71/162
2010: 2,719 - 2,608 ^^^ 48/157 - 17/250
2011: 2,885 - 3,086 ^^^ 46/280 - 36/315
2012: 3,160 - 3,885 ^^^ 33/299 - 53/371
2013: 3,914 - 4,317 ^^^ 48/552 - 48/370
2014: 4,465 - 7,231 ^^^
2015: 8,442 - 9,151 (9,500) projection

Last edited:

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
exscn member numbers

Looks like that idea did not hold up ;P Escn member number % over 12 months drops in 2010 and 2011 and then picks up speed again >

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Did you factor in The Unrepentant Asshole Purge of 2010/11?
mrgreen.gif

(just kidding)

As someone who lived through that DRAMA, I find your thoughtless comment repugnant.

Repugnant!? Seriously? You may be too fragile for ESMB. HTFU or get a sense of humour! :hysterical:

JustSheila

Crusader
Lohan, if you really want more accurate numbers, you'll have to ask help from one of our maths and algebra brains here.

I love statistics, but the raw exscn numbers are far off the mark and the variables have to be written into an equation. For every scn on here, there are others we know who never logged in to this website or any other ex site. For every scn on here, there are a number who just stopped by for a few posts or for a year or two. For every scn who spoke out, there are others who have not.

I couldn't even begin to get a close estimate, but if these sorts of questions could be worded more precisely so that Ems or another admin could make a fair estimate to answer them, they can be written into an algebraic formula and you could obtain some sort of ballpark number.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
As someone who lived through that DRAMA, I find your thoughtless comment repugnant.

Oh wow - you do know that we all lived through storms of "drama" - right? Some us got declared in the "Finance Police Drama" of 1982 and 83. That same period when hard working people lost Missions they had spent years building successfully had assets worth hundreds of thuosands of dollars just taken away. Or those who went through the "enemy Lines Drama" and so on.

If you didn't go through some iteration of insane drama then you were never in Scientology. If you are still "sensitive" about it then you may need to examine it a little more - there's nothing special about it.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Oh wow - you do know that we all lived through storms of "drama" - right? Some us got declared in the "Finance Police Drama" of 1982 and 83. That same period when hard working people lost Missions they had spent years building successfully had assets worth hundreds of thuosands of dollars just taken away. Or those who went through the "enemy Lines Drama" and so on.

If you didn't go through some iteration of insane drama then you were never in Scientology. If you are still "sensitive" about it then you may need to examine it a little more - there's nothing special about it.

Lol, Mick, we're not talking about some penny-ante drama like people's lives being ruined by scientology!
Oh no! Lohan is referring to the very real drama of certain people being banned from ESMB for being Assholes.
Now, that's DRAMA!!! :duh:

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Kookaburra said:
I don't know how this was overlooked but it's gold! Sydney Scientologist Bart Nettle attempted to raise money for the up and coming Idle Org back in 2009 by writing a song called "My Ideal Org"

DeathHamster on WWP said:
He's PTS to an SP:

Louise Nettle - left after 15 years - OT III, staff, Sydney Foundation, incomplete on OT4 - Created "People Against Scientology's Disconnection Policy" facebook page

Oh, I guess he disconnected. Problem solved!

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/lo...esy-ideal-org-song-enjoy.130019/#post-2551438

:biggrin: