ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Requesting Information

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by tamphex, Feb 16, 2009.

1. tamphex

tamphex Patron

Hi guys,

Long time no see (talk). Was wondering if any exscis could give any history/information on this individual who has been at ANZO since December (perhaps earlier, I've been out of the "game" for about 5 months)

He goes by the name of Cyrus, has American accent. Everything points to appointed handler for local anon demos outside ANZO.

[​IMG]

Seemed ok with having a conversation a little ways up from the picket on Saturday until I told him who I was and extended my hand for a handshake, which he accepted in turn and shook. His phone rung shortly thereafter and he went back into the Org.

Anyway, if there is any ex staff who recognize this clam and could give a rundown on what his function would most probably be, that'd be much appreciated.

2. Iknowtoomuch

Iknowtoomuch Gold Meritorious Patron

Can't wait for the responses....:lol:

3. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Welcome Tamphex,

Cyrus Brooks is his name he is the DSA which is a local manifestation of OSA. He has been around AOSH ANZO for many years.

He is OSA trained and is a PR for the church. In a job like his he has to defend the indefensible, which puts him in a position where he has to lie a lot.

It was his specific job to try thwart my repayment attempts and isolate/quarantine me and my anti CofS opinions from any 'uninfected' church public.

I have have nothing bad to say about him in addition to the above except he's obviously a dweeb.

Hows that IKTM?

4. tamphex

tamphex Patron

Thank you very much for prompt reply, Feral. I figured he'd have to be somewhat connected to the OSA somewhere, he really is a bad liar. Perhaps he needs to take a body language course.

5. Human Again

Human Again Silver Meritorious Patron

Let DM know. I'm sure he can "find one" that Hubbard wrote and just never got around to publishing.

6. Iknowtoomuch

Because so many exes have had dealings with him over there.

7. Tom of Helatrobus

Tom of Helatrobus Patron Meritorious

He sure looks like a friendly guy!!!

8. tamphex

tamphex Patron

Crocodiles have a smile.

9. Feral

Feral Rogue male

That's not what I meant, I meant did my explanation disappoint?. lol

10. Feral

Feral Rogue male

OSA do 'special' drills. One is to lie convincingly, another is to maintain 'ARC' and a friendly demeanor in the face of screaming hostility.

An ex GO/OSA guy told me;"If you are talking to an OSA bot and you find yourself 'warming' to the conversation or if you think the OSA bot is giving you good advice, then you've been had"

These are examples of the kind of 'help' OSA give;

Katherines story of OSA and insanity

Carmels story

Yeah, crocs smile too..

11. Happy Aberree

Happy Aberree Patron with Honors

Hi,
    I think I probably should have introduced myself in a different thread but here I am. I'm new!

Just wanted to say that Feral is on the money about Cyrus -- in that he's been there for a few years now. He's about as nice as any OSA staffer could be. He is not the easiest guy to get along with but better than the others I've seen.

Good luck

12. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Welcome Happy Aberee!

It's good to see another Aussie 'out'.

Do we know each other? (PM is 'private')

13. Happy Aberree

Hi Feral,
    I've met you a few of times a while ago and we have had some mutual friends I think. Can I PM you?

14. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

I'm curious as to why you are asking for this information, or what your interest is in Cyrus. The Syd Anons all seem to know who he is (they see him every month), and he's had many mentions on the Syd Anon protest threads, which get posted monthly. :)

Just askin' ...

15. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Gladly!

16. Iknowtoomuch

Welcome to ESMB!

Are you exSea Org?

17. Carmel

Carmel Crusader

Hey Happy, welcome to ESMB! :thumbsup: :D

Totally cool to post where you like, but do introduce yourself in the new member introductions thread, so people will have a chance to say g'day.

I agree, but he is pretty easy to get along with if and when he wants something from you though. :giggle:

Cheers,
    Carmel

18. Happy Aberree

Hi and thanks for the welcome.
    I think I will give way to your opinion on Cyrus over mine. I've only met him a few times.

And I will put something on the intro thread, thanks Carmel

Happy Aberree

19. Happy Aberree

Hello and thanks for the welcome IKTM

yes ex-SO

20. tamphex

tamphex Patron

I just like letting clams know that they're not as homo novus as they may think they are.