ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Reseacher with a question about some Scientology Materials

Discussion in 'Welcome, Media People and Researchers, Ask Here fo' started by A Researcher, May 22, 2019.

1. A Researcher

A Researcher New Member

Hello everyone.

I'm an independent researcher working on a project involving Scientology. I'm trying to source some old editions of Impact and Advance magazine. There is an ebay seller (techlibrary) who seems to have what I want - https://www.ebay.ca/sch/techlibrary/m.html

My questions are 1) has anyone dealt with this seller before? 2) Is there any chance that buying these materials could put me on the Church's radar?

Thanks for your time.

2. Voodoo

Voodoo Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow

I highly doubt it. People have been buying and selling Scientology related items in public since before there was an internet. Your transaction won't even make a blip.

3. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

1) I bought some e-meter cans and leads from them about 5 years ago. (A friend gave me his old meter and I wanted to see if it was still working.)

2) I doubt it. They seem to be freezoners or indies, not CoS.

4. A Researcher

A Researcher New Member

Thank you all for the help!

5. The_Fixer

The_Fixer Class Clown

The church of scientology is all about making money and they would not be approving of those selling anything that may be copyrighted or of/containing confidential materials or equipment.

They want you to buy it directly through them instead, more desirably as a member of the cult. Not to mention also paying their extortionate prices.

My guess is the seller is not affiliated with the church or even is an ex or disaffected member. (S)he may face censure from the church for what they are doing.

Others here will correct me if I am not right, I'm sure.

6. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Ex-Scientologist Mark Plummer has been selling old Scientology magazines, newsletters & documents on ebay for years. I don’t know his ebay account name but he’s can be reached through his Facebook profile profile:
    Mark's Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/Mark.O.Plummer

No need to worry, the church doesn't go after anyone for these type of things.