What's new

Residual guilt

Vinaire

Sponsor
Thanks, but I can see I've got some hard cases here :wink:

Whatever works for you, works for you. Seriously, if you know of a better way I'm all ears. Scn (and its offshoots) is a long hard road and I wouldn't take it as seriously as I do if I thought there was an easier or quicker alternative.

Try Idenics.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
No, I mean that "auditing" begins with being, mainly, "asking," and becomes, mainly, "being told." That's a "bait and switch." And if the person doesn't notice, or doesn't care, then the "bait and switch" has been "successful."

"Long hard road?" I assume that you mean the "Scientology 'Bridge'."

What's long and hard is the road from error to truth, however you take it; the Scn bridge is probably a lot quicker than most of the traditional methods involving meditation over lifetimes etc.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
What's long and hard is the road from error to truth, however you take it; the Scn bridge is probably a lot quicker than most of the traditional methods involving meditation over lifetimes etc.

There are many other paths, all you need is the desire to find them. I am not talking 'lives of meditation' either. Though I do believe each of us has an individual path and lessons to learn, so really, it's whatever floats your boat. We make it as hard or as easy as we ourselves want it to be. :)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yes. I also think one can mix paths. Why not take from column a, column b, etc? I personally wouldn't suggest mixing methods simultaneously (like meditate at 9 am, get auditing at 1 pm, then do some white magick visualization exercises at 5 pm, etc)- but I don't think that in general, one has be tied to one set of beliefs.

But I also think that everyone has a different comfort zone of what and how much and in what combination they want to take on.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Hi, Pixie and others,

I think to discuss why auditing doesn't work or why it might not always work or what other things people take exception to about auditing, that the pro auditing viewpoint could actually be good to have in the thread. Even if one disagrees with that and doesn't feel it should be there or whatnot, it can offer a point/counterpoint. A contrast.

It's such an emotionally charged (I use "charged" in the NON Scn sense of the word) issue for exes and even for some other sorts of critics, for sure.

Veda

Sponsor

Either you're living in an isolated cabin where all you have to read is Scientology promo (obviously not the case), or you've placed your trust in someone (whom you respect) and this person is reassuring you that there is a "Bridge" available through Scientology.

After all, the "lower" part of the "Bridge" was pretty good, so the "upper" part of the "Bridge" should be even better, and the "upper upper" part has to tremendous.

You want your "Scientology Bridge." You've waited for it, and dreamt about it, and now you want it.

And that's that.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Either you're living in an isolated cabin where all you have to read is Scientology promo (obviously not the case), or you've placed your trust in someone (whom you respect) and this person is reassuring you that there is a "Bridge" available through Scientology.

After all, the "lower" part of the "Bridge" was pretty good, so the "upper" part of the "Bridge" should be even better, and the "upper upper" part has to tremendous.

You want your "Scientology Bridge." You've waited for it, and dreamt about it, and now you want it.

And that's that.

Actually no, I'm aware that OT VIII doesn't deliver what is promised. Mike Pattinson said as much on the ex sea org website.

I define "the Bridge" more loosely as the existing Bridge plus all the additional research on implants, actual GPMs etc. that has been done by people in the Freezone and which the Church either doesn't know about or chooses to ignore. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The good news is that there is a bridge. There is a bridge for each person to find and travel on towards the attainment of their full abilities, whatever they may be.

These bridges are not all identical - in fact they're as unique as you are. But they do exist. You have to find yours. It is not provided for you on the "pay your money and take your ride" carousel that the CofS promotes, but yet your bridge exists for you. You have to find it and walk across it.

The ONLY danger is that someone could come along and dupe you into thinking that either one bridge suits all, or that there is no bridge to travel on anywhere. Beware of these con artists - they lurk in chatrooms everywhere.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The good news is that there is a bridge. There is a bridge for each person to find and travel on towards the attainment of their full abilities, whatever they may be.

These bridges are not all identical - in fact they're as unique as you are. But they do exist. You have to find yours. It is not provided for you on the "pay your money and take your ride" carousel that the CofS promotes, but yet your bridge exists for you. You have to find it and walk across it.

The ONLY danger is that someone could come along and dupe you into thinking that either one bridge suits all, or that there is no bridge to travel on anywhere. Beware of these con artists - they lurk in chatrooms everywhere.

And guess what? It doesn't have to be Scientology in any form! :D

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron

I've got to agree with that. Except I like the metaphor of a canoe or small boat instead of a bridge. Not with steady strides but paddlings, cross current, the wind and one's own sense of expertise driving progress. The sea is beautiful and the air, fresh and clear.

Veda

Sponsor
Actually no, I'm aware that OT VIII doesn't deliver what is promised. Mike Pattinson said as much on the ex sea org website.

I define "the Bridge" more loosely as the existing Bridge plus all the additional research on implants, actual GPMs etc. that has been done by people in the Freezone and which the Church either doesn't know about or chooses to ignore. Perhaps I should have made myself clearer.

You have the Pilot's writings, and probably Filbert's writings, possibly Captain Bill's writings, and other Freezone writings - a kind of "Super Scientology Bridge."

And you definitely want that "Bridge."

IMO, frankly, you're going in the wrong direction. You're adding when you need to be subtracting.

L. Ron Hubbard was a dark trickster-guru, one with a hidden agenda. His work was corrupted by that hidden agenda. Adding more moving parts to it doesn't resolve the underlying corruption.

But that's something you'll have to find out for yourself.

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious

Teachers can be found everywhere and life is a learning experience. Don't need a sole source contract :) to learn lessons! So why continue to pay one 'soul' source when you can ride the carousel for free?

“Your secret desire for a Master will bring him to you, but only when I have prepared you for such appearance. But such appearance will be only an appearance of a Master. The true Master or Teacher, when He appears, you may never recognize; for He may be hidden in an interesting friend, a business associate, your next door neighbor, or in your own wife or husband or child.”
http://pure-research.net/healing/bestill/
-- Penned anonymously in 1916

Veda

Sponsor
Teachers can be found everywhere and life is a learning experience. Don't need a sole source contract :) to learn lessons! So why continue to pay one 'soul' source when you can ride the carousel for free?

“Your secret desire for a Master will bring him to you, but only when I have prepared you for such appearance. But such appearance will be only an appearance of a Master. The true Master or Teacher, when He appears, you may never recognize; for He may be hidden in an interesting friend, a business associate, your next door neighbor, or in your own wife or husband or child.”
http://pure-research.net/healing/bestill/
-- Penned anonymously in 1916

Because after reading 'Keeping Scientology Working' several hundred times, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works.

Vinaire

Sponsor
Because after reading 'Keeping Scientology Working' several hundred times, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works, Scientology works.

It is not Scientology that works.

It is what you make work.

Take credit.

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron

It is not Scientology that works.

It is what you make work.

Take credit.

Forget taking the credit, I think Veda was 'taking the piss', LOL.
:p