What's new

Response to Mark Rathbun by Gerry Armstrong!

Lone Star

Crusader
Rinder. He's repeatedly played the role of the sympathetic "ear" (listener), in set ups. He filled that role (or function) with Bob Minton too.

Miscavige was the bad cop, Rinder was the good cop - oh, wait, isn't that still happening?, with the game being Hubbardite Miscavige as the bad cop and Hubbardites Rathbun&Rinder as the good cops?

Rathbun&Rinder are now attempting to manipulate the Exes and "Homo Saps" by condemning the Miscavige/Dan Sherman LRH PR presentations. This allows Rathbun&Rinder to position themselves as the voices of reason and moderation. Yet, in 1985, while being interviewed by Mike Wallace on American TV, Church "President" (senior PR) Heber Jentzsch, and Scientology attorney Earl Cooley (and Marty Rathbun pal, who Marty eulogized and praised a short time ago), similarly disowned Hubbard's biographical claims - using various gimmicks and ploys - while, at the same time, insisting that L. Ron Hubbard was one of the greatest men who ever lived, etc.

Miscavige and Marty&Mike - despite the current M vs M&M feud - have a mutual need to "neutralize" Judge Breckenridge's amazingly insightful and very accurate findings of 1984. (Just as they have a mutual need to not say certain things, so as to keep each other out of prison.) Thanks to Gerry Armstrong for "throwing a monkey wrench" (of truth) in this latest "stinky" (and it is stinky) ploy to "handle" the perplexed outside the CofS Scientologists (on the verge of becoming ex-Scientologists), and "handle" the "nattering" Exes and "Wogs."

I'm hoping that the DC trial will somehow throw a monkey wrench in their efforts to not "say certain things". :yes: That would be poetic justice to see little Davey, Marty Wrathburn, and Mike Rendered go off to jail together.

Oh, the poetic part would be that if it's due to Gerry getting the karmic wheels of justice rolling with this reply to Marty.

Lone Star

Crusader
Misterfabian would like to take this thread to its lowest possible level. Agreeing with Misterfabian only assists him in his efforts to do that. Why play along?

Misterfabian is in a mode - right now - similar to the "crazy guy that agrees"-gimmick persona. He'll "agree" with others, and then bring them down to his level, at which point their credibility is damaged, and the thread, and even the Message Board, is degraded.

Misterfabian, so far, has produced two threads that ended up in the Grudge Match section. The way to avoid this with this thread, while refusing to play the fool for Misterfabian, by falling prey to his games, is to ignore him - at least whenever possible.

Well....I was actually being disingenuous. But I agree with you. Good points. :thumbsup:

Misterfabian

Patron with Honors
Yeah, and here's our El Ron, with whom I also personally interacted with face to Face...

Wanton, Bestial, Vile, Corrupt, Venal, Suppurate, Heinous and Yellow. :coolwink:

Face :)

PS: Let me know if you'd like me to do a riff on "Our DM"...I also personally interacted face to Face with him, too. :thumbsup:

Oh, really? Tell us what it was like.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Some of Gerry's comments, to keep the thread on topic. Ratty in italics.

[Rathbun] Now, this is a very short-handed summary of a history that was not clear to me for many years after the facts – notwithstanding my personal involvement in some of it – , not even totally clear until very recently. The whole story will arrive soon enough.

Who, what or where is this whole story arriving from?

[Rathbun] David Miscavige’s handling for Armstrong’s origination was to send Norman F Starkey down to the Commodores Messenger Org International to give Armstrong a Severe Reality Adjustment (SRA – loud verbal brow beating) for being “disaffected.” Armstrong then blew, with a few boxes of LRH archives with which to defend himself.

I did not know that Miscavige ordered Starkey to go after me.

I should say, of course, that I know you are very careless with facts, as well as being ill-intended toward me and people of my class. I am not accepting your facts regarding a number things, including Miscavige ordering Starkey to SRA me.

Starkey’s screaming at me occurred in the Hubbard Archives area on the ground floor of the LA Complex, not in any CMO Int space.

<snip>
I did not blow with any documents, and you cannot but know this. I obtained documents to defend myself some months after blowing. Here’s what the Armstrong I court found:

From his extensive knowledge of the covert and intelligence operations carried out by the Church of Scientology of California against its enemies (suppressive persons), Defendant Armstrong became terrified and feared that his life and the life of his wife were in danger, and he also feared he would be the target of costly and harassing lawsuits.

In addition, Mr. Garrison became afraid for the security of the documents and believed that the intelligence network of the Church of Scientology would break and enter his home to retrieve them. Thus, Defendant Armstrong made copies of certain documents for Mr. Garrison and maintained them in a separate location.

It was thereafter, in the summer of 1982, that Defendant Armstrong asked Mr. Garrison for copies of documents to use in his defense and sent the documents to his attorneys, Michael Flynn and Contos & Bunch.

After the within suit was filed on August 2, 1982, Defendant Armstrong was the subject of harassment, including being followed and surveilled by individuals who admitted employment by Plaintiff; being assaulted by one of these individuals; being struck bodily by a car driven by one of these individuals; having two attempts made by said individuals apparently to involve Defendant Armstrong in a freeway automobile accident; having said individuals come onto Defendant Armstrong’s property, spy in his windows, create disturbances, and upset his neighbors. During trial when it appeared that Howard Schomer (a former Scientologist) might be called as a defense witness, the Church engaged in a somewhat sophisticated effort to suppress his testimony. It is not clear how the Church became aware of defense intentions to call Mr. Schomer as a witness, but it is abundantly clear they sought to entice him back into the fold and prevent his testimony.

[Rathbun] We sued Armstrong for theft of the archives documents.

And you lost because I did not steal them.

The court has found the facts essentially as set forth in defendant’s trial brief, which as modified, is attached as an appendix to this memorandum. In addition the court finds that while working for L.R. Hubbard (hereinafter referred to as LRH), the defendant also had an informal employer-employee relationship with plaintiff Church, but had permission and authority from plaintiffs and LRH to provide Omar Garrison with every document or object that was made available to Mr. Garrison, and further, had permission from Omar Garrison to take and deliver to his attorneys the documents and materials which were subsequently delivered to them and thenceforth into the custody of the County Clerk. Breckenridge Decision

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron

Over the last two years I've posted more than 100,000 words on ESMB about "what it was like". :yes:

A bonus for you is that a thousand or so of those words are about El Ron's "Fabian" drivel. :coolwink:

You can thank me later when you've finished reading my detailed narratives re: the subject of your inquiry. :biggrin:

Face :)

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
It's the same defensive maneuver that the CofS did 30 years ago, and Hubbard did - if one listens carefully - 40, 50 and 60 years ago.

40 years ago, it was "some dumb PRs" who were to blame, now it's "some dumb PRs and Miscavige."

Where this goes, I don't know, but what's happening now is not new.

The circumstances are new, more information is available now, there's the Internet, etc., but what Rathbun is doing is not new. He's covering his LRH monogrammed ass, but the CofS has done that many times also.

Don't be too impressed. :)

However, if he ever decides to have the "LRH" tattoo removed, that would be impressive.

Yeah, but that's the difference...now, there's the internet.

In mixed martial arts terms, the web has got Marty and COB and all the rest of them thugs in a "rear naked choke".

They either tap out or pass out.

When da squeezin' gets ta squeezin', ain't no escape, no how.

Good night sweet [STRIKE]prince[/STRIKE] pimps.

It's the same defensive maneuver that the CofS did 30 years ago, and Hubbard did - if one listens carefully - 40, 50 and 60 years ago.

40 years ago, it was "some dumb PRs" who were to blame, now it's "some dumb PRs and Miscavige."

Where this goes, I don't know, but what's happening now is not new.

The circumstances are new, more information is available now, there's the Internet, etc., but what Rathbun is doing is not new. He's covering his LRH monogrammed ass, but the CofS has done that many times also.

Don't be too impressed. :)

However, if he ever decides to have the "LRH" tattoo removed, that would be impressive.

Don't worry...I'm not the slighest bit impressed.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

well he's smarter and tougher than Rinder or Rathbun ( not that THAT is hard to be).

He has a thug mindset, would probably have done well as a street drug dealer for college kids, the sort of soft people he could threaten.

He has the charisma of road-kill skunk, the personality of Pol Pot and the intelligence level of a sea anemone.

and yes, I've worked with him.

Misterfabian

Patron with Honors
well he's smarter and tougher than Rinder or Rathbun ( not that THAT is hard to be).

Yes, I believe that he is smarter than Rathbun.

If he is committing assaults against fellow staff members at gold base, he's smart enough not to do with cameras running.

Marty Rathbun isn't that smart, he does it with cameras running.

What would you guy guess is Marty Rathbun's IQ?

I would say, 115.

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
While we wait for LRHs return, here in LRHs Bulgravia,we are trying to make some dentist - with gray hair and his wife with camera ,to appear to us- and we do it with mutual OT powers... And we hope it will be published in next "Source" mag...
Maybe YOU know one Mr. Fabian...
Ooo OT powerz don't work! I just did a wrong name mock up...:whistling:

Misterfabian

Patron with Honors
While we wait for LRHs return, here in LRHs Bulgravia,we are trying to make some dentist - with gray hair and his wife with camera ,to appear to us- and we do it with mutual OT powers... And we hope it will be published in next "Source" mag...
Maybe YOU know one Mr. Fabian...
Ooo OT powerz don't work! I just did a wrong name mock up...:whistling:

Oh no, not that Niel Woods BS again. I'm not that fat bastard.

Do you guys ever give it a break?