Rest in Peace Bill and Joy James ... my parents.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Re: Rest in Peace Joy James ... my mum.

When will the insanity ever end? Imagine being told you all not "allowed" to speak to your beloved daughter (for decades) based on the rantings of a completely deluded and insane individual (hubbard, you really were a prize winning twat) ... I'm so glad your Pop chose to ignore that Sue and just continued to love you.

RIP.

:rose::rose::rose:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

When will the insanity ever end? Imagine being told you all not "allowed" to speak to your beloved daughter (for decades) based on the rantings of a completely deluded and insane individual (hubbard, you really were a prize winning twat) ... I'm so glad your Pop chose to ignore that Sue and just continued to love you.

RIP.

:rose::rose::rose:

So am I! It was only the last 8 years there were attempts to get him to disconnect though, since I joined ESMB. Before that we just changed the conversation when scientologists were around. :coolwink:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

So am I! It was only the last 8 years there were attempts to get him to disconnect though, since I joined ESMB. Before that we just changed the conversation when scientologists were around. :coolwink:

Well Sue ... I daresay what happened in your family happens all over the world, because unlike us there are still people (often elderly old-timers) who are so fearful of the well known cofs spite, threats and potential for family destruction that they resort to pretending they are still scientologists ... when they are not.

What a disgusting cult ... OSA, read this and cringe in shame and embarrassment (as well you should) ... then grow up and get the hell out of that phony, venomous place and start to do something decent with your lives.

Love to you Sue.

:handinhand:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Sue, you already know how I feel about these losses you have been through and the history which preceded them. There really are no words to describe the heartache you and your family are suffering now and have suffered over the years.

But in thinking over the way all this occurred, one after the other, how your Dad acknowledged he missed your Mom so much, how his heart was broken without her, it seems like he knew he needed to be back with her and it was time to go.

Perhaps their passing on allows them to be free from Scientology now. Their special bond with each other is obviously so much stronger than what Scientology held on them over the years... Love endures

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Sue, you already know how I feel about these losses you have been through and the history which preceded them. There really are no words to describe the heartache you and your family are suffering now and have suffered over the years.

But in thinking over the way all this occurred, one after the other, how your Dad acknowledged he missed your Mom so much, how his heart was broken without her, it seems like he knew he needed to be back with her and it was time to go.

Perhaps their passing on allows them to be free from Scientology now. Their special bond with each other is obviously so much stronger than what Scientology held on them over the years... Love endures
Thankyou Mary. I've had a few days to think about it all now, and like my siblings, try to put things in perspective. Mum and Dad had a love story, but it wasn't always a happy one. Very karmic IMO, with lots of intense issues around identity, goals and freedom. They disagreed a lot, blamed each other constantly and had some mini separations, yet always came back together.

For quite a long time after dementia and ill health began to affect Mum badly, Dad was “waiting for her to go” so he could start a new life. This was widely known, and again IMO encouraged by the scientology “end cycle” shit. (Dad told me once that he knew a scientologist who decided to die and did, that day, so therefore we could all do it.)

As I've posted before, it was quite acceptable for mum to be encouraged to “apply the right condition” regarding her body – ie “drop it” rather than seek the desperately needed medical attention. I’m sorry but Vitamin C cream on a large black cancer on the nose (mum) or avoidance of an orange sized prostate cancer (dad) just doesn’t cut it. Mum tried to "go" ... not taking pills, not eating, fading away and yet her spirit was so strong she survived. Dad didn't do anything when his kidneys began to fail badly. They suffered needlessly. Thankfully another family member took responsibility and those situations were dealt with, that is until they were sent to a nursing home and the medical care changed.

I know I am still in the middle of the sadness and so angry at what happened. I am glad they are free of it, the needless pain and suffering. Free from scientology’s influence. I hope to hell the rest of my family can be too, somehow.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
It's my Dad's Memorial this coming weekend and once again I am unable to go. Dad told me many times he didn't want one, so I feel ok about that.

I have sent this poem to be read.

I Heard Your Voice In The Wind Today - Unknown

I heard your voice in the wind today
and I turned to see your face;
The warmth of the wind caressed me
as I stood silently in place.

I felt your touch in the sun today
as its warmth filled the sky;
I closed my eyes for your embrace
and my spirit soared high.

I saw your eyes in the window pane
as I watched the falling rain;
It seemed as each raindrop fell
it quietly said your name.

I held you close in my heart today
it made me feel complete;
You may have died...but you are not gone
you will always be a part of me.

As long as the sun shines...
the wind blows...
the rain falls...
You will live on inside of me forever
for that is all my heart knows.

Love you dad

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
It's my Dad's Memorial this coming weekend and once again I am unable to go. Dad told me many times he didn't want one, so I feel ok about that.

I have sent this poem to be read.

I Heard Your Voice In The Wind Today - Unknown

I heard your voice in the wind today
and I turned to see your face;
The warmth of the wind caressed me
as I stood silently in place.

I felt your touch in the sun today
as its warmth filled the sky;
I closed my eyes for your embrace
and my spirit soared high.

I saw your eyes in the window pane
as I watched the falling rain;
It seemed as each raindrop fell
it quietly said your name.

I held you close in my heart today
it made me feel complete;
You may have died...but you are not gone
you will always be a part of me.

As long as the sun shines...
the wind blows...
the rain falls...
You will live on inside of me forever
for that is all my heart knows.

Love you dad

That is a beautiful poem FTS :heartflower:

:bighug: to you.

RIP to your Mum & Dad together.

:heartflower:

:coolwink:

Emiko

Patron
That was beautiful, Sue.
Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I may check out the full version later.

after my little brother died, this poem helped my mother get through the loss. I later adopted the poem to help me get through various losses as well.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there - I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints in snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
As you awake with morning's hush
I am the swift-up-flinging rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there - I did not die.
--M
ary Frye

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
Belatedly

Our deepest condolences from here Sue :hug: I will soon have to face these realities as well (again), finite helix that it is.

:heartflower:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thanks Margaret. :)

It's coming up on a year since Dad died now, and because this thread came up again I have just read it through again. Yes it made my cry, though time does help.

The needless suffering of all concerned is the hardest part, both physical and mental. Both of my parents had vital individual medical support removed at the end, because of the beliefs of the person who wrenched control of their lives away from the family member who had made sure they received it previously. Ghastly stuff.

Yet it was their journey and the result of their choices, as it always is. I am at peace with that now, though it shouldn't have happened and I continue to do my best to expose the abuses.