What's new

Retroactive cancellation of confidentiality of religious confessions

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
The Church of Scientology retroactively rescinds, cancels and abrogates the confidentiality of religious confessions.

From a comment by Karen De La Carriere / Jentzsch (Karen#1) on Marty's blog:
Karen#1 // July 16, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Reply

INT BASE :
(More on HCO PL “Power to Forgive”)
After 2 months of Sec Checks, I was summoned to Qual for a “D of P R-factor” mid afternoon.
The R-factor was read to me:

“THE POWER TO FORGIVE ” YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY GIVEN IN ALL YOUR SEC CHECKS IS HEREBY CANCELLED.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID IN PAST SESSIONS, AND WILL SAY IN FUTURE SEC CHECK SESSIONS WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN FUTURE JUSTICE ACTIONS.

This is verbatim.
DM technology.

Forgive me if, as an ex-Scientologist, I think this is very important.

As I explained elsewhere, and as referenced in the HCOB of 30 March 1960, normally when one is given a security check (sec check) that can and will be used against them for the purpose of a "Justice Action" and will not be kept confidential, they are given prior warning (or in Scientologese, the "R factor" or reality factor) by use of the phrase "I am not auditing you." If the auditor begins the security check by using the phrase "I am not auditing you," then you know that it is a true sec check that will not be kept confidential and can and will be used against you in a "Justice Action."

If, on the other hand, the auditor does not say the critical words "I am not auditing you," then it is a true confessional that, at least per Scientology scriptures, should be kept confidential and cannot be used against you in a "Justice Action" or any other purpose."

What Karen is saying is that even when the prior confessional was a true, religious confessional, and not a sec check, because the parishioner was not given the warning of "I am not auditing you" and therefore the parishioner had a reasonable expectation that the confession would be kept confidential and would not be used against her in an "Justice Action" or for any other purpose, the COS would retroactively rescind, cancel and abrogate the confidentiality of the prior religious confession with no prior warning.

The bottom line is that if a person sees a Church of Scientology Auditor and Minister to give a true religious confession (and not a sec check), is not given the warning that the Auditor and Minister is not auditing them, and properly and reasonably believes, per the scriptures of the Church of Scientology, that the confession will be kept in confidence and will not be used against them in a "Justice Action" or for any other purpose, that confidentiality can be retroactively rescinded, canceled and abrogated at any time without warning or recourse.

WWP Thread: Retroactive cancellation of confidentiality of religious confessions

/

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Well, at least they informed her. Usually one is just treated as if everything is actionable, old or otherwise

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
That is a really important point, thank you for making it more visible by re-posting it.

Well a lot of the material the cult has been using in their "Fair Game" policy was acquired right out of the confidential religious confessionals.

And yes these freak show attacks are being recorded

Any judge with half a brain will ask ..."where did the allegations you are making public comes from?"

Whoever is representing the cult would have to explain ... "The Crimes" which the judge is referring to, were acquired during a Scientology religious confessional.

When Hubbard told his sheep to play the "What are your crimes?" game. Hubbard never took into account that it would be his sheep that would have to be explaining where these allegations came from, and not the person they are attacking.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
When my comm-ev became a gang-bang sec check and I was told to pick up the cans, they did say the magical words. My first suspicion that things were going really bad.

R Factor

Please don't tell me that Santa Claus is my parents.

These revelations are going to drive my little thetan into a tailspin.

and don't tell me that the government only wants to help me.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
The supposed confidentiality you refer to has always been a sham. P.C. folders were routinely 'culled' for incriminating info or blackmail ammo by Hubbard and his underlings from the earliest days.

In addition, I knew of S.O. members reading P.C. folders for personal reasons, and sometimes sharing the info. Like a person looking into anothers folder to learn more about them before marrying them.

It ranks right up there with the 'all mail addressed to me will be answered by me' one.

Last edited:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Dunno why this is a shock. Like rmack says, Hubbard gave explicit permission for pc folders to be used against individuals. DM is simply carrying this out and, if anything, has made an improvement in that it is now overt.

Feral

Rogue male
On my last trip to Flag on a six mth check I was programmed for some FPRD first due to the fact that my wife and I were looking like we were splitting up.

At the end of my FPRD and the beginning of the six mth sec check I got the R factor that everything I say is actionable in this sec check, then the standard, "I'm not auditing you". I'd assumed the prior FPRD was preist penitent and the new R-factor confirmed it..

I was amazed at the end of it to be handed a KR with all of the overts from both actions as well as the ev purps voiced to take down to the MAA.

I didn't say anything, what could I say? I mean anything I said would look like I was wriggling out of taking responsibility!:duh:

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
More stories, one pseudonymous but also one with a name:
UnluckyPatron // July 18, 2010 at 12:14 am | Reply

You’re so on-point with this post, Marty. One of the biggest reasons I won’t get auditing through any established Church of Scientology, is because Ive had my personal confessions divulged to close friends of mine in an attempt to disparage my character. In addition, Ive been in personal conversations with seasoned MAAs in which they spread negative information of my friends from their PC folders.

It’s gone so far that Senior HCO staff members, in an attempt to recruit my best friend, opened up his wife’s PC folder for him to peruse and persuade him to divorce her and join.

It’s atrocious.
John Nunez // July 18, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Reply

It’s worse than that. Once they decided to declare me, the Golden Rod of mine went on for pages and pages with session data from grades auditing, etc. and ridiculously (or maliciously) embellished at that. Invented “high crimes” I had never even been asked about were on there as well, such as feeding a pc the “Clear cognition” (total fabrication.) They had a well respected Senior C/S in myself and they had to (like you said) disparage my character. I know for a fact people I have run into since didn’t buy their hatchet job, and they lost people because of it. Driving by that org just last week, the parking lot was empty on a Friday afternoon.
As someone else once said, their statements are 1 part truth, 4 parts embellishment, and 5 parts total b.s.
In one way I’d like to thank them for that hatchet job, as it made me certain I’d never do an A to E and that they could kiss my ass.
Grades auditing is NOT an "I am not auditing you" sec check. Per policy grades auditing should be confidential.

/

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
The Church of Scientology retroactively rescinds, cancels and abrogates the confidentiality of religious confessions.

From a comment by Karen De La Carriere / Jentzsch (Karen#1) on Marty's blog:
Karen#1 // July 16, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Reply

INT BASE :
(More on HCO PL “Power to Forgive”)
After 2 months of Sec Checks, I was summoned to Qual for a “D of P R-factor” mid afternoon.
The R-factor was read to me:

“THE POWER TO FORGIVE ” YOU HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY GIVEN IN ALL YOUR SEC CHECKS IS HEREBY CANCELLED.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE SAID IN PAST SESSIONS, AND WILL SAY IN FUTURE SEC CHECK SESSIONS WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU IN FUTURE JUSTICE ACTIONS.

This is verbatim.
DM technology.
<snip>
No surprize to me.. I became aware that 'folder culling' was done when I was staff at the Guardian's Office in 1779 - '81.. This was one reason that I became disaffected and quit.

But this 'Policy' by David Miscavige is very important!

Hmm.. You could argue that it's more 'honest' when there's a policy spelling it out in plain language.. As opposed to what I saw, that it was done routinely while scientolgists were being fed a shore story about confidentiality..

Thing is: When there's no confidentiality in auditing sessions.. Auditing cannot be done! - At least that happened for me when I knew about 'folder culling'.. I'd guard my words in any session hereafter. You don't even have to be an 'auditor' to know that the session is shot.. Thus I knew that any session would be a waste of time (and money) for me.. Quite meaningless..

Now this discovery should have bounced me right out of the cult, but it didn't! - WTF!? - Auditing rendered inoperable for me.. And I, as well as all scientologists. was being cheated and betrayed! - Yet, it didn't cause me to run right away.. But I did learn to make floating needles as I needed them!

All this because I knew that my folders might be used against me in some future ethics action.. But any scientologist do know this! Or should.. - Read the PL 'Penalties For Lower Conditions' carefully.. It says:

HCOPL 18 OCT 67, Issue IV
PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS
··/··
ENEMY - SP Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.​
There you go! - You merely need to be 'assigned' the condition of enemy. Happens every damn day in scientology! - But folder culling is done to anybody regardless of 'condition'.. For all kinds of spurious reasons.

Allright, so why is this new 'Policy' important? - Because a lot of scientologists are believing in the shore story about confidentialty of auditing sessions.. They are quite convinced that folder culling is never done.. This 'Policy', when we can have it confirmed, documented and proven, will probably render auditing inoperable for them as it did me!

:yes:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
No surprize to me.. I became aware that 'folder culling' was done when I was staff at the Guardian's Office in 1779 - '81.. This was one reason that I became disaffected and quit.

I never knew you where in the Guardians Office, Schwimmy! I had somehow got the impression that you were only briefly involved as a public in your own country.

You must have quite interesting stories from your time in the GO. Have you revealed more of them elsewhere? Links?