What's new

Reverse Disconnection

I heard from a friend of mine that Amy Harrison (AKA Amy Allen) has now been able to reconnect with her family and former scientology friends.

Quick background on Amy: She blew the Sea Org a few years ago and was disconnected from her family. She's 3rd generation, so they are all Scientologists. She attended LA protests and posted on exscientologykids.com. She was on a tv show talking about Scientology abuses. Somewhere around this time she got pregnant but was still refused contact with her family.

She was recently allowed to reconnect with her family under the agreement that she not protest or post on anti-scientology websites and also "had to" give information on BFG's lawsuit. Now I don't know what information she had or what she divulged to the Scilons, but I do know that the Headly family did support her during her pregnancy and I believe afterwards and this is probably where she got any info that she had. And she repaid them by spilling what she knew about their lawsuit.

Also Kendra Wiseman (one of the three founders of exscientologykids.com) had a similar bargin. She was allowed to communicate with her family again with the agreement that she no longer post on any anti-scientology sites and that she take her story down from ESK. From what I was told she was asked to take down ESK as well or at least all her post but she refused.

Both Amy and Kendra stopped posting on ESK toward the end of 2008 so that is likely when this all went down.

Now, I don't disagree with either of these women giving up protesting to be in contact with their families (I myself am not "out" for this very reason). It's a personal choice for them. But Amy giving up information on BFG's lawsuit is simply spineless and shameful. Also, I wanted to alert people that Scientology has now taken up "Reverse Disconnection" as a way of shutting people up and getting information they want.

Again this is second-hand information (but from a highly trusted source) so if someone who knows more than me about this wants to correct anything I have said, feel free.

Some youtube of Amy:

YouTube - Scientology Los Angeles Picket 4/12/08

YouTube - We Tv Ex Scientologist Amy and Jenna

Last edited:

alexm

Patron with Honors
This is pretty sick if you ask me, but one side of me understands why someone would want to stop their criticism just to speak to their own family. I do not condone it however.

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I had hoped that Kendra might have made a deal like that. Doesn't sound like anyone got hurt and she gets to talk to her family again. Good for her.

Too bad such deals are necessary, hopefully that won't always be the case.
Don't have enough details to comment on Amy's deal. I just hope no one gets badly hurt because of it.

I want to make it clear that this is second hand information and should be taken with a grain of salt. If what I was told it true, I don't hold it against Kendra or Amy for giving up protesting to re-connect with their families. I saw posts from Amy and could see how hard things were for her not being able to talk to her family. So I do understand that, if it's true. But the one point about Amy supposedly telling what info she had (and I don't know what it was) about the Headley lawsuit, IMHO, crosses the line.

So to be clear: this is second hand info, take with grain of salt, etc. etc.

But also as exes we need to be aware of this happening to us or other exes we are close to. Know who you talk/give information to. Family ties are strong and they might just tell everything they know, about you or me, to be able to communicate with their family again.

Last edited:

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
I want to make it clear that this is second hand information and should be taken with a grain of salt. If what I was told it true, I also don't hold it against Kendra or Amy for giving up protesting to re-connect with their families. I saw posts from Amy and could see how hard things were for her not being able to talk to her family. So I do understand that, if it's true. But the one point about Amy supposedly telling what info she had (and I don't know what it was) about the Headley lawsuit, IMHO, crosses the line.

So to be clear: this is second hand info, take with grain of salt, etc. etc.

But also as exes we need to be aware of this happening to us or other exes we are close to. Know who you talk/give information to. Family ties are strong and they might just tell everything they know, about you or me, to be able to communicate with their family again.

This is something that upsets me so much.

I understand how hard it is to stand up to the promises that if you will just stop speaking out about the truth you will be allowed to talk to your mom and dad and kids...

If this isn't blackmail and..why do I even have to say the words?

Who or what could cause you to turn against your friends and family and most importantly cause you to protect a pedophile rather than seek legal justice agaisnst one who took advantage of your supposed church to escape prosecution for his heinious crimes?

This is something that upsets me so much.

I understand how hard it is to stand up to the promises that if you will just stop speaking out about the truth you will be allowed to talk to your mom and dad and kids...

If this isn't blackmail and..why do I even have to say the words?

Who or what could cause you to turn against your friends and family and most importantly cause you to protect a pedophile rather than seek legal justice agaisnst one who took advantage of your supposed church to escape prosecution for his heinious crimes?

Answer: SCIENTOLOGY

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sounds accurate to me.

It's yet another way to control people. :angry:

If Scientology's PR cools down these same people that made deals will be slapped across the face with declares. And will be disconnected again. Scientology is only doing it for PR reasons. Not because they give a fuck about these families.

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
The CofS has always operated in this way back to the 60's when members of dissident/squirrel groups were allowed back in so long as they betrayed their former dissident associates.

It's in the doubt formula. They are then held at arms length and tolerated but are always ethics bait from then on and usually denied services, but they are allowed to communicate with innie family and friends.

Scientology is a very cruel "religion". Scientology splits up families and friends and always has done so.

The warning from Recovering Scientologist is timely. "But also as exes we need to be aware of this happening to us or other exes we are close to. Know who you talk/give information to. Family ties are strong and they might just tell everything they know, about you or me, to be able to communicate with their family again."

I'm sure OSA use the connections and PMs on boards like ESMB & ESK to gather intelligence about their "enemies".

To me that just seems obvious that that is what OSA would do. They would be neglecting their posts if they did otherwise.

Hopefully BFG is savvy enough to have not suffered from anything Amy may have told the CofS.

I'm sure the critics are winning, but the CofS is not dead yet and still carries some firepower that we need to be aware of.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
It's not "reverse disconnection", it's implementation of blackmail. For Hubbard's ideas on blackmail that are public, try looking at the Mission Earth series. It's all about "leverage", "power points", and blackmail.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
even if she did know some stuff about the Headly case its not going stop them proceeding with their case.
The Headly's haver nothing to hide and lots of proof in their favour from the time they were on staff.

What you have described is not "Reverse Disconnection" it's nothing more than being allowed to see a hostage if you agree to the terms laid out by the kidnappers

sparrow

Patron with Honors
"... and also "had to" give information on BFG's lawsuit. Now I don't know what information she had or what she divulged to the Scilons, but I do know that the Headly family did support her during her pregnancy and I believe afterwards and this is probably where she got any info that she had. And she repaid them by spilling what she knew about their lawsuit."

And you know this how?

Daisy

Patron with Honors
When you leave scientology, you are cutting off the cult's control over you. If you ever let the cult back in your life by agreeing to blackmail, well then you are back in scientology or maybe you never really left.

To all those family members who have disconnected from us, I don't care anymore. They are the ones who picked the cult over their family. Quess what guys, you are not missed by me.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Blackmail is something I don’t respond well to myself. It is also why I am not fully out yet. I will not have the blackmail. I mean it. I have been threatened, followed, bullied, had the cops show up to my house on false reports so many times I have lost track, drug into and out of courts and this was just during my divorce. (frankly I wouldn’t be surprised if my ex wasn’t trained by OSA themselves! Lol)

But seriously. I will not have OSA hold anything over my head. I would rather loose that friend or family member. I will not have someone emotionally black mail me. I can’t help it. I can picture it in my head and frankly the idea that someone would use my friends and family to black mail me raises something in me that I will not restrain. It infuriates me to no end. I will NOT be controlled in that manner. I would rather loose all my friends and family! And I mean that. I have worked too hard and come so far - I won't give it up!

Maybe that is just me. Maybe my situation is different. But I am not going to give up my freedom – not for any price. Frankly if my friends and family want to disconnect from me over that – then they are too brainwashed to be my friend or family any ways. I really feel this way. I have two kids to worry about. I have a wonderful man and best friend. But I worked very hard for what I have now and I am not willing to give it up. I am lucky – my Mom is strong enough (so far) to stand up and say no to anyone telling her who she can and cannot be in contact with.

I want to be angry about Kendra’s betrayal (no matter how small the damage may have been) – but I recognize her as a victim as well. But I ALSO look at it and frankly I can’t deny that she is also part of the problem and it won’t end until everyone involved can stand their ground and say “NO”. BUT – I understand to some degree the pressure she was under.

back and forth - to no resolution......

uniquemand

Unbeliever
When you leave scientology, you are cutting off the cult's control over you. If you ever let the cult back in your life by agreeing to blackmail, well then you are back in scientology or maybe you never really left.

To all those family members who have disconnected from us, I don't care anymore. They are the ones who picked the cult over their family. Quess what guys, you are not missed by me.

I miss the members that stayed with the Church. I agree that they have lost something valuable by disconnecting, but no matter how I try to minimize their value to me, I still feel their loss. My love isn't conditional. When they come out, or stop practicing disconnection, I will be here for them, and I still love them all.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yep, blackmail.

I understand these girls wanting to be in communication with their families - but at what cost. Their integrity, their honor, their self-respect.

Sorry, I just couldn't go there myself.

I don't communicate to people I know are still in, for their sake, not mine. And if they choose to continue communication with me, then that is their decision. Granted, I'm not in communication with anyone that is still in. But I did pretty much disappear. However, I did keep the same cell number, just in case.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
WOW!

To me, this shows the importance of posting your stories. They will do anything to oppose these posts.

It will also TOTALLY screw them up during the trial. It's akin to bribe someone for evidence.

Please lurkers, post your stories!

Gadfly

Crusader

Great point!:thumbsup:

Sure, I miss my family and past Scn friends. :bigcry: But, for me, I would NEVER agree to deny what I know to be true about the limitations, manipulation, nastiness, and plain idiocy of LRH and the Church of Scientology, or agree to not COMMUNICATE in any way I choose about what I know to be true about these limitations, forms of manipulation, examples of nastiness, and plain idiocy of LRH and the Church of Scientology, just to regain a comm line.

This is a key point. Any cult or group traps you by your agreeing to play within THEIR framework of ideas and rules. I refuse to ever play within or by ANY of the rules of LRH or the Church of Scientology.

I have a few friends and family who have chosen to get back in comm, because for them, based on their own reasons, it just didn't make any sense not to any longer. While some have gotten declared as a result, others haven't (though those who haven't have continued to fly under the Church's radar regarding getting or remaining in communciation with me - a "declared SP"). There is probably a great deal of "Declared SP to non-declared SP comm" that occurs far removed from the Church's awareness.

I agree. Do NOT agree to the blackmail. Do not cave in. Sorry, but for me, being honest with what you know to be true is SENIOR to some personal urge or desire to "be in comm" with your family. As relates to other recent posts, this desire for communication with family is very much an "ego thing". I am not saying that the forced disconnection doesn't suck. It does! I am just saying that one shouldn't compromise what one knows to be true for ANY REASON! But I can be a little severe at times (much more on myself than ever on others).

I can't speak to family members. It sucks. I would prefer that it were otherwise. But I don't dwell on it. I don't get all worked up and interiorized about it. And I allow what I know to be true about LRH and the Church, based on many hours of study and many YEARS of experience, to rule the day. My Personal Integrity IS more important than just about anything.

Playing along with the Church's tactics and manipulation, and thereby allowing yourself to be blackmailed in such a manner, puts a very large chink in the armor of ones personal integrity. :naughty:

People who agree to do such things are sell-outs. That's how I see it. You have no backbone. You lack personal moral fortitude. You are a WIMP! Personally, I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I did such a thing. And, I CAN say these things, because I DO also have friends and family who refuse to communicate with me SOLELY because I am a "declared SP". I am not speaking about that which I know little. I "suffer" from the same cut comm lines. It hurts. Or, it used to hurt. I have gotten over it. My advice to anyone else. GET OVER IT.

Last edited:

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I miss the members that stayed with the Church. I agree that they have lost something valuable by disconnecting, but no matter how I try to minimize their value to me, I still feel their loss. My love isn't conditional. When they come out, or stop practicing disconnection, I will be here for them, and I still love them all.

I agree. I have really thought about this and have come up with a general idea of what will be the last thing that I say to anyone who decides to disconnect from me:

“I understand and you should do what you think is best for you. I love you, I cherish the relationship we have and I will miss it very, very much. If you ever decide to change your mind please know that I will be waiting and would LOVE to hear from you again.”

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm in the first video at 3:53, no mask, just starting to learn what this was all about. That's when I met the three founders of ExScientology kids. I had the impression they were rock solid in their quest.

I was happily shocked to see the fantastic turnout and still don't understand to this day, why a place like LA would have scientology protests that have petered out to a dozen anons.