What's new

Reverse Disconnection

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Because most of the anons and protesters, like any other human endeavour, were just in it for the bandwagon. A lot of them underestimated the effort that would be necessary to overcome the Church, and were disappointed that they couldn't just show up and have the place fall over. A lot of us veterans warned them that they were being overly optimistic. Even the hard-core people who started the wagon rolling were aware that the road wouldn't be short, but a lot of the people who climbed on and bellowed and chuffed were clueless or stupid.

Remember how dumb the average person is? Half the people are dumber than that!

Meanwhile, the rest of us carry on with what we've always done. Grateful for the blow anonymous dealt, and even for the impact of the bandwagonneers, but undaunted by the continued presence of the Church. I, for one, never believed it would simply disappear. I would say that Anonymous has had impact, and that the orgs are quite beaten. However, rather than disappearing, they've simply changed the scale of their operations, and applied their tactics to the new scenario.

The key to breaking the Church is not group will or anger or outrage, it's persistently working for transparency and accountability.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was at that protest in April and saw these crowds and their excitement, I pronounced "It's all over for scientology in 6 months". I made a beer bet with friends that by Halloween two things would happen: 1) A major defection (TC, JT or someone like that) and that 2) The upper structure would collapse.

Well since JB blew, but no other major celebrity of note. The structure is still there, we think.

It's because DM runs everything. When he out of there, the structure will collapse.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I still think you've "misunderestimated" scientology and scientologists. Davey is running the show, yes. When he's gone, though, Scientology won't collapse. Someone else will take over, and there might be a movement for reform, but that movement will be based on "policy" and "tech", and so the same monster will be reborn. Scientology isn't going anywhere. The best we can hope to do is inoculate the public, reduce it's scale of operations, insist on transparency and accountability, and one day they'll be an anachronism, but they'll still be there.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Sounds accurate to me.

It's yet another way to control people. :angry:

If Scientology's PR cools down these same people that made deals will be slapped across the face with declares. And will be disconnected again. Scientology is only doing it for PR reasons. Not because they give a fuck about these families.

If this is true, No No Amy, dont get involved again. I have lost 10 years of my daughter, but No compromise:angry: it is not the answer. I am free of being controlled:grouch: there are other ways to get connected I will just continue to fight & expose the cult:dieslaughing: I cant just get my daughter back & stand by & watch the abuse of other people, it isnt right:thumbsup: :yes:

Martini

Patron Meritorious
I don't know Amy but I bet she is reading this. I just want to let her know that I think there has been some unfair and harsh criticism of her on this thread.

Personally I don't see what information she could have had on the Headly case which could negatively impact its outcome.

I congratulate her on her victory of reconnecting with her family. The piece on the cable show was very powerful and a job very well done on her part. She has done a lot to forward the purpose of stopping the abuses within the cult.

Good luck with your future and newborn.

:thumbsup:

There were several key posts about this over on WWP so I'll post them here. First from Astra, one the ESK founders.

astra said:
Someone called me today and told me about this post, so I thought I'd respond quickly with some clarifications...

Exscientologykids.com is now run by myself and Jenna. Jenna has a lot going on and doesn't get a chance to post a lot, but her and Dallas check in regularly. We also have other admins and moderators on the site who do a lot of the day to day work.

What happened with Amy really is a crappy thing. Especially considering she helped us launch the ESK site. I have removed her as an admin and moderator on the ESK website.

Kendra was not, to my knowledge, flipped or turned by Scientology. She is not, however running the site anymore. She wanted to take a step back and she did. Any more information will have to come from her and I will mention to her the rumors going around to see if she will address them.

I could never be affected by these agreements some people are reaching with Scientology to "Shut up and you can talk to your family again". I have absolutely no interest in speaking to any family members who would attempt to manipulate me in such a way. I am stunned that people are willing to be manipulated in such a way after being treated so flippantly by their own family.

But please know that as long as I am running ESK, it is a safe place to go and get info, and chat with others who have gone through similar experiences.

I may not be on there enough or posting enough and that is because I am frankly overwhelmed since Kendra took a step back. I also have exams I am taking, my daughter to raise and a full time job. But I check in regularly and attempt to answer everyone who writes. I also am working on behind the scenes stuff that I cannot post about now, but that hopefully will be very helpful in addressing the situation with children and adults being exploited in the sea org.

I will check back on here to answer any more questions that are posted.

From Barry Van Sickle:

Barry Van Sickle said:
I have never met or talked to Amey, to my knowledge, but the link here is her husband Nicoli Allen. Nicoli was mentioned in the initial notice of labor code violations sent to the California Department Of Industrial Relations. That letter is a matter of public record and was posted by Larry Brennan long ago.

After Nicoli submitted a labor code violation notice to the appropriate state agency, someone tried to persuade him to drop the claim. The informed belief is OSA, but i was not invited to that meeting. He dropped out of BFG's lawsuit. I suspect illegal retaliation for filing a complaint with the labor board but unless Nic makes the claim of illegal retaliation it is probably not worth the effort to pursue.

Blackmail seems a little strong but we have reliable reports that someone is trying to get former employees to sign releases, and stay clear of BFG and his lawsuit.

There are no huge secrets out there for anyone to divulge on the BFG lawsuit. We expect to win the case on the merits, not trickery and mischief.

And blownforgood:

blownforgood said:
I have no idea who started this thread or where all this data is coming from. Some people should learn to sit back and watch until the whole thing unfolds.

While I am not going to confirm or deny anything that has been said here. I will say this, I have told people to do whatever it takes to get in touch with their families again. If I get thrown under the bus in the process, so be it. I have broad shoulders (and somewhat of a belly) so I can deal with it.

I have also said to people that I would rather them use me to gain some leverage on being able to see their families than waste it on not doing anything. The laws are the laws. OSA has been several steps behind me this whole time. The laws say what they say. Silly OSA tricks are for kids.

If someone used me or supposed info they got from me to be able to see their family again - good for them - the ones that seem stupid to me are the ones that "threw me under the bus" and DID NOT get to see their families again. They were used and abused. You know who you are.

Just so the facts are known, this girl being talked about in this thread did a friggin TV show and slammed the Scilons pretty good. She could have made her own deal.

When dealing with the Scilons nothing is straightforward, there are always conditions and stipulations that will get pulled out and they will always try and use what little leverage they have over you.

While I have been careful to try and not step on anyone's toes and help those who need it, not everyone has my same view. This game is dog eat dog. Different people play it different ways.

As one last note, this story is not even half over. Whoever jumped in here and posted this might have changed the story and killed off a few chapters that had not yet occurred. We must wait until the story plays itself out and all the data comes out. I think the OP should PM me before any more feet are eaten.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
Support

Let us offer Amy our whole hearted support...
Lets hope that she is out there still "lurking" and enjoying the COLLAPSE of
CofS
:grouphug:

Amy Harrison[/URL] (AKA Amy Allen) has now been able to reconnect with her family and former scientology friends.

Quick background on Amy: She blew the Sea Org a few years ago and was disconnected from her family. She's 3rd generation, so they are all Scientologists. She attended LA protests and posted on exscientologykids.com. She was on a tv show talking about Scientology abuses. Somewhere around this time she got pregnant but was still refused contact with her family.

So to be clear about how I feel about this, if it is true. I don't hold it against Amy or Kendra for reconnecting with their families and giving up protesting to due so. Some people may disagree with me but that's how I feel. If, however, Amy did say anything about the Headley case I feel that is a betrayal. But again, I am not directly connected so maybe she told them "all she knew" which was nothing.

But my main reason for posting this was to get the word out that the cult is running that game and that you should make sure you trust those around you if you are giving them info that you wouldn't want the Scilons to have.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
So to be clear about how I feel about this, if it is true. I don't hold it against Amy or Kendra for reconnecting with their families and giving up protesting to due so. Some people may disagree with me but that's how I feel. If, however, Amy did say anything about the Headley case I feel that is a betrayal. But again, I am not directly connected so maybe she told them "all she knew" which was nothing.

But my main reason for posting this was to get the word out that the cult is running that game and that you should make sure you trust those around you if you are giving them info that you wouldn't want the Scilons to have.

BFG posted that he doesn't have a problem with it. My interpretation is that it's almost as if it was pre-arranged. See his recent posts on WWP.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't know Amy but I bet she is reading this. I just want to let her know that I think there has been some unfair and harsh criticism of her on this thread.

Personally I don't see what information she could have had on the Headly case which could negatively impact its outcome.

I congratulate her on her victory of reconnecting with her family. The piece on the cable show was very powerful and a job very well done on her part. She has done a lot to forward the purpose of stopping the abuses within the cult.

Good luck with your future and newborn.

:thumbsup:

Martini you are so right. It is very easy to judge someone when we aren't in their shoes, and we don't even know the whole story. Amy has done great things to expose the abuses "inside" the Scientology world. If this is true and the CofS is offering "bargains" like this, I think that it's unconscionable to play with people like that, but I don't envy anyone who has been cut off from the people they love the most. I wouldn't judge them poorly for either decision.

-TL

Why would anyone hold a hostage's victim's family responsible for giving into to the kidnappers demands? Amy and Kendra are not even close to being the problem here. Problem is and always has been the cult and the law enforcement authorities who refuse to begin it's criminal enterprise to justice.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of course I hold it against them.
They've already crossed the line of telling the truth about Scientology publically. And the abuses they went through.
While I'm very happy they can talk to family members again, how good is it really? You wont be able to bring up Scientology at all or mention it. Might as well know your family member is an alien and never talk about it.:confused2:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Being in touch, even if the communication is restricted, would be a tremendous relief to me. This offer has never been extended to me (the blackmail about not discussing scientology, or whatever). However, I would probably take it. I believe that simply being in touch with me would be good for my family, regardless if we weren't talking about sensitive topics to them or their Church. It's not ideal, but it beats the shit out of being an unperson.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
Being in touch, even if the communication is restricted, would be a tremendous relief to me. This offer has never been extended to me (the blackmail about not discussing scientology, or whatever). However, I would probably take it. I believe that simply being in touch with me would be good for my family, regardless if we weren't talking about sensitive topics to them or their Church. It's not ideal, but it beats the shit out of being an unperson.

You mean you can't be a person unless Scientology says you are.:duh:

It's not a deal. They'll take it away at any time they like. Like as soon as the heat is off. And you know it. It will only stop when those in ones family see Scientology for what it really is.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
The communication with the ex-scientologist will help bring that condition about, even if that communication is not about scientology. And if they break the terms of the deal, so can you. That's the joy of reciprocation.

Lol, I can be a person (and in fact, I am), regardless of what Scientology wants. However, to the people I love, I am an unperson, and if that can be mitigated, then that is what I would want. Wouldn't stop the drumbeat to stop scientology, I'm quite sure, if I were to be quiet for a while. :)

CornPie

Patron Meritorious
...She [Amy] was recently allowed to reconnect with her family under the agreement that she not protest or post on anti-scientology websites and also "had to" give information on BFG's lawsuit...

...Also Kendra...had a similar bargin. She was allowed to communicate with her family again with the agreement that she no longer post on any anti-scientology sites and that she take her story down from ESK...
How are these kinds of 'bargains' proposed; in writing, by an in-person conversation, by a phone conversation?

Who are they proposed by; a family member, or OSA? Is there any paper trail?

If these 'bargains' are proposed by OSA, it would be very embarrassing to scientology if they were captured on tape. Uploading these conversations (via audio or video) to YouTube, would really shaft scientology.