What's new

Reverse Disconnection

How are these kinds of 'bargains' proposed; in writing, by an in-person conversation, by a phone conversation?

Who are they proposed by; a family member, or OSA? Is there any paper trail?

If these 'bargains' are proposed by OSA, it would be very embarrassing to scientology if they were captured on tape. Uploading these conversations (via audio or video) to YouTube, would really shaft scientology.

I don't know the specifics but I can almost guarantee that it is NOT in writing. That would be very dumb of them. It it most likely started over the phone and then finished up in person, but that's just my speculation. But if any exes get contacted, please, please, try to record it.

As far as who is contacting them, I don't know that either. But a post from BFG, from another thread on WWP, would lead me to believe Tommy Davis and someone else.

blownforgood said:
Over the past several months Tommy Davis has been working full time to try and “stop” or circumvent former Sea Org or staff members (employees) of Scientology from coming out and suing the Scientology Organization for back wages owed.

The truth is that many of these former staff have no intention of suing and had no idea that they could sue or any information about this. Some of these people are so in the dark that they have no idea what is going on or just plain don’t want anything to do with Scientology, so don’t look for stuff on the Internet or when they do see something, they ignore it. These people have ended the Scientology chapter of their lives and want to move on.

Well, Tommy Davis is changing all that. David Miscavige is running him on a special project. He is reporting up on his progress and David Miscavige is telling him what to do and dictating his every move. Tommy is going around and contacting ex-staff and Sea Org members. When I say contact, I don’t mean just making a single call. If he is not able to get through to the person, he calls the family members, co workers, landlord, boss, he calls everyone the person knows or works with until he is able to get through to them. Once he reaches the person, he then sets up a meeting and attempts to get the person to sign documents saying that they were a “volunteer” when they worked for the Scientology organization. Often when Tommy meets with the person, he brings a lawyer with him and records the meeting. If Tommy feels the person is not a threat or is clueless about their rights, he brings Jessica Rodriguez in place of the lawyer. Tommy is offering to cancel Freeloader debts (which are illegal anyway, that’s why he is cancelling them for free). Tommy is canceling SP declares. Tommy is pulling out all the stops to get people to sign his new documents about them being volunteers.

Okay, so whether the person signs the documents or not, they know something is up. Why else would Tommy Davis track these people down out of the blue and get them to sign these docs? They get on the net and find out that they are a victim and their rights have been violated and that they have ground for demanding back wages.

One thing leads to another, and now you have a new labor case against Scientology.

Who is smoking these people out of the woodwork? Tommy Davis of all people! Tommy Davis is lining up new people every day. With Tommy, you can bet on one thing, when he opens his mouth, more lawsuits are in the making.

Since Davey and Tommy have been running their little project, I have been hearing about more and more people coming out of the woodwork wanting to sue them. Just the fact that Tommy wants to meet with them and get them to sign documents, gives the impression that the Scientology organization has done wrong and are liable for back wages owed.

So Tommy Davis, I salute you for bringing about a greater understanding of what has been done and for informing people that the Scientology organization has violated people’s rights and for making them aware of this fact by taking the time to meet with them or calling them repeatedly to the point of distress. Please continue to do your valuable work and soon you will create a new civilization where former scientology employees can be free and possibly afford the luxurious vehicles and clothes that you and David Miscavige prance around in while current Sea Org members hope they earn enough cash to be able to afford to purchase a pack of generic cigarettes this week.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Tommy Davis. We could not do this without you.

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Unfortunately, being involved with sci for any decent length of time will have the effect of diminishing one's self integrity. To the degree that one is willing to inspect every aspect of what they had read, learned or believed about the subject (rather than avoid doing so in fear of invalidating their feelings and wins acquired over the years) will to a large degree affect the potential rehabilitation of their integrity.

Martini

Patron Meritorious
Unfortunately, being in a family that never had any love to amount to anything in the first place will have the effect of diminishing one's appreciation of family in other's lives. To the degree that one is willing to inspect one's own broken heart concerning this and lack of love in one's life (rather than avoid doing so in fear of invalidating their feelings of what little self-respect they have left) will to a large degree affect the potential rehabilitation of their appreciation of family.

Gadfly

Crusader
Unfortunately, being involved with sci for any decent length of time will have the effect of diminishing one's self integrity. To the degree that one is willing to inspect every aspect of what they had read, learned or believed about the subject (rather than avoid doing so in fear of invalidating their feelings and wins acquired over the years) will to a large degree affect the potential rehabilitation of their integrity.

Great point. There are many points in the career of any Scientology member where he or she will HAVE TO deny what he or she knows to be true, or NOT be able to continue with the charade. Cognitive dissonance will manifest at some point, unless the member has really mastered the "arts" of denial and justification.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
To the OP, according to your own information, you also say "Just from what I was told (which is again, second hand) Amy seemed to bend more easily, while Kendra was asked to take down ESK and/or all her posts but refused."

Please could you amend the original post with this information, because as it reads, you seem to tar Kendra with the same brush as someone who allegedly betrayed her friends.

Choosing not to publicly criticise something so that you can regain contact with your family, is very different from betraying people who've helped you (if indeed that actually is what happened).

I don't know Kendra, but I remember her commenting in the earliest days of ESK, that "people are more important than causes." When she subsequently stepped down as an admin, I assumed that it was thinking similar to this, that had probably led her in her decision. If it was - and there's NOTHING that suggests otherwise - then I think it was a totally legit conclusion to come to. It's certainly a decision I can respect, anyway.

I just think it's extremely unfair that you're (inadvertently?) smearing her name.

Thanks.

pollywannacracker

Patron Meritorious
Hold your friends close and your enemies closer still.

We'll have to see how this unfolds.

Damn! It must be hard to be disconnected from your family. I can certainly understand the WHY. I can certainly say I would never ever do the same thing, but that reality might change if I were actually to be in the same position. :bigcry:

To the OP, according to your own information, you also say "Just from what I was told (which is again, second hand) Amy seemed to bend more easily, while Kendra was asked to take down ESK and/or all her posts but refused."

Please could you amend the original post with this information, because as it reads, you seem to tar Kendra with the same brush as someone who allegedly betrayed her friends.

Choosing not to publicly criticise something so that you can regain contact with your family, is very different from betraying people who've helped you (if indeed that actually is what happened).

I don't know Kendra, but I remember her commenting in the earliest days of ESK, that "people are more important than causes." When she subsequently stepped down as an admin, I assumed that it was thinking similar to this, that had probably led her in her decision. If it was - and there's NOTHING that suggests otherwise - then I think it was a totally legit conclusion to come to. It's certainly a decision I can respect, anyway.

I just think it's extremely unfair that you're (inadvertently?) smearing her name.

Thanks.

Yeah, starting this thread and the one on WWP has not won me tons of friends. I didn't intend it to be slander for Kendra or Amy, but it is also very alarming information. So while I'm not happy with how it went down (my fault) at least the information is out there about what the cult is doing.

Oh, and I updated the OP to include the info that Kendra refused to take down ESK or her posts.

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Amy H.

Yeah, starting this thread and the one on WWP has not won me tons of friends. I didn't intend it to be slander for Kendra or Amy, but it is also very alarming information. So while I'm not happy with how it went down (my fault) at least the information is out there about what the cult is doing.

Oh, and I updated the OP to include the info that Kendra refused to take down ESK or her posts.

RS: There is absolutely nothing wrong in starting this thread and providing the perinent information. As for getting certain facts wrong or leaving a false impression about someone.. guess what?? It's human and anyone here that denies they have ever done it themselves is a liar. Besides, you correct the information.

I think you won alot more friends on this thread than you're aware of because it got alot of people talking, not only about Amy H. & Kendra., but it shed new light on the reverse disconnection tactics that Tommy D is coordinating at present.

Give yourself a break. YOU DID GOOD. Remember... critics are like assholes; everyone has one.

RS: There is absolutely nothing wrong in starting this thread and providing the perinent information. As for getting certain facts wrong or leaving a false impression about someone.. guess what?? It's human and anyone here that denies they have ever done it themselves is a liar. Besides, you correct the information.

I think you won alot more friends on this thread than you're aware of because it got alot of people talking, not only about Amy H. & Kendra., but it shed new light on the reverse disconnection tactics that Tommy D is coordinating at present.

Give yourself a break. YOU DID GOOD. Remember... critics are like assholes; everyone has one.

Ok ok. I'll try to stop hating myself. Thanks Smurf.