ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Revolt in the Stars - 1975

Discussion in 'Important documents' started by Anonycat, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

2. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

Q: If OT3 ("the wall of fire") is so gosh-darn dangerous for mere 'Wogs' to read, causing pneumonia and so on, and so forth, and even laying the mighty Blubbard low for a time... why did this important, dangerous and above all secret knowledge get recycled as a shitty plot for a science fiction melodrama?

A: Blow.

3. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

4. CarmeloOrchards

CarmeloOrchards Crusader

Ken Ogger (The Pilot) was working on a project to make this into a movie when Battlefield Earth (the movie) bellyflopped. Shortly after, Ken committed suicide.

5. GoNuclear

GoNuclear Gold Meritorious Patron

Espee. DeeBee. Ingrate. Miserable low lifed WOG. You just don't get it, do you. The Wall of Horseshit, er, oops, I mean Fire is an engram on the 4th dynamic. You can read it now and live to talk about it???? Fine, but you don't understand how fortunate you really are. If it wasn't for those brave few who went before you, especially LRH who boldly took the plunge ... you wouldn't be able to do that. You see, everybody who has gone before you had destimulated that engram on the 4th dynamic so today it is actually destimulated so that even an espee like yourself could read thru it without experiencing the ill effects! You aren't fit to tie the shoe laces of those who have actually gone thru the wall of fire, but, you sit there and natter while reaping the benefits. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Of course, the door is open just a tiny crack, so there may be a way back in for you. I'd seriously consider that, unless you want to spend your next thousand or so lifetimes considering that you are part of the lower intestine of someone in, say, India. We need to get you on your amends project right away, which will, of course, include writing up all of your overts against the Cof$, and you need to get your IAS status upgraded to Golden Doofus Meritorious with oak leaf clusters, at least. Once that is done, we can discuss what the rest of your program will be.

Pete

6. PTS

PTS Elliott

A calm soothing voice whispering this, and a few paper crinkles thrown in now and then for the ASMR effect, could put the sleeping pill industry out of business. I know I'd never need another downer.

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

'Revolt in the Stars' was not written in 1975, but in 1977.

The FBI raids had occurred on July 8th, 1977, lending credence to the idea that the 'Revolt in the Stars' project was a kind of personal coping response to a sense of panic, resulting from the raids.

Writing, for Hubbard, was therapeutic. After this, perhaps at the suggestion of one or more of his servants (Messengers), who might have recognized that writing made "the Old Man" less crumpy and easier to be around, Hubbard started writing the novels, 'Battlefield Earth' and the 'Mission Earth' series.

After his failures in Rhodesia and Southern Africa in 1966, and the subsequent emotional breakdown, Hubbard had invented "Incident 2" and "Xenu" as the explanation, to himself and others, for those failures, and re-invented Himself as the Commodore which boosted his ego and his morale nicely.

Ron's Journal '67 was publicly released, which discussed (to paraphrase) "the great catastrophe that occurred on this planet 75 million years ago."

Interesting that after a subsequent crisis, a decade later, he responded instinctively by writing 'Revolt in the Stars'.

And, even during its brief existence as a project, I don't think it was meant to "blow the charge," as much as was to partially "key-out," while also partially "keying-in," the "Wogs" to a "whole track incident" that would lead them into their local Scientology Orgs, where they'd see the Sea Org symbol, and the more R6 bank (Incident 2) images on book covers - including the Dianetics "exploding volcano" on the Dianetics book covers - and be prime "raw meat" ready to be "run through their orgs," drained of their money and their vitality in service to Mankind's only hope, and then, with appropriate Hubbard Guidance, finally arrive at OT 3, and actually do the procedures of OT 3.

It does show how suggestible Scientologists are. Hubbard comes up with an idea out of the blue, and immediately Scientologists become excited, go into agreement, and busy themselves "forwarding LRH Intention."

That is until Hubbard decides he wants to do some other grand project, and Scientologist have "VGIs" on that, and busy themselves with that - until Hubbard changes his mind, of course...

8. I remember when I was oon staff back in the early 1973, I think, that a book came out called "Operation Safespace."

It was circulated in the orgs by Sea Org people and we were told that it was written by LRH and was going to be made into a project.

He was told to go to Earth to help keep the people imprisoned, or something like that.

But he put the people (thetans) who sent him here is some sort of electronic prison and came to Earth to free everybody.

He comes to Earth and builds a ship and has some loyal followers join his crew.

He is made fun of and ridiculed by the media but then it sarts to rain, and then there is a scene where there is a flashback of people panicing and trying to climb aboard Noah's Ark.

At the same time people are panicing and trying to get his ship, I think it was called "safespace.

But the story was called "Operation Safespace" and there was a Sea Org mission to get it made into a movie.

Then one day the E/O came around and confiscated my copy and every other copy in the org.

The next thing I know there was this Goldenrod put out by the Sea Org declaring about 10 Sea Org people SPs because they were involved in this.

Because I had read the whole thing I was given a sessions, I gues to salvage me and prevent any damage to me (they believe things like this).

I don't know if this is the same thing as Revolt in the Stars or not.

The Anabaptist Jacques

9. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I remember that. I don't think it was written by Hubbard, although the people involved were thoroughly dedicated Scientologists, who were excited about their soon to manifest OT powers, and the universal conquest that awaited.

Somewhere, I still have a copy of it, I'm pretty sure. The "Safe Space Team" wore black turtleneck shirts and medallions around their necks.

The aesthetic was vaguely similar to the below images - from late 1960s 'Advance!' magazines:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Amazing you can find all this!

The level of self-deception and self-delusion was amazing then and still is today.

Maybe on a different theme, but it is still inherently self-deception.

The Anabaptist Jacques

11. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

hehehe! Tony posted earlier this year about the 2010 prediction :thumbsup:

Scientology's Future History! A Vision from 1969, and our Stats Roundup

By Tony Ortega Thu., Mar. 15 2012 at 8:00 AM

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/03/scientologys_fu.php

12. Logicmoo

Logicmoo New Member

Sometimes my local mythology grows but i wanted to find out if these facts happened:

I heard that some people had a chance to be in the safespace "movie" but they needed to take out a loan to finance the production?

Over 50 people that were involved did this?

Did they end up moving to a Island in Central America?

Did the govt of Honduras capture someone on the island and hold him until everyone else could be evacuated?