What's new

Rex Fowler 1st degree murder trial

olska

Silver Meritorious Patron
No way to prove it, of course, but I don't believe Laura Zaspel.

She's been a scientologist for awhile -- listed on completions from 2001 to 2009, including one of the "Ls"

Prior to the killing, she referred to Ciancio using the words "enturbulate" and "entheta" -- then at trial she claims they were good friends and socialized. Yeah, right.

She suspected nothing, but had to "run out to a meeting?" that fateful day? Yeah, right.

I think she knew something was afoul, that something bad was going to happen, and she left the building so as not to be there when it happened. Now she's either really sorry (god, we hope so!) or she's crying crocodile tears as an attempt to protect hereself and others in the cult from any of this horror sticking to them.

The Ciancio family could verify whether or not she ever "socialized" with Tom -- but now is probably not the time (maybe never is the time) to ask them.

I hope the family sues for wrongful death damages, that before that suit goes to trial they do a thorough investigation of everyone that ever worked for that company so they will know where to pull the strings, and that she and other people who know "the scientology rules" about treatment of people who threaten to sue scientologists get called up and interrogated.

I'm glad for the swift verdict that puts Rex behind bars for the rest of his life, BUT I do hope this is not the end of discovering what really went on at that company, more precise details on why Tom Ciancio became disenchanted with the company and quit -- what was the "mistreatment" he observed that made him want out? and what Rex's wife Jan and the other employees of the company knew about Rex's "state of mind" leading up to the killing.

T

TheSneakster

Right. Co$, following the founder's con of amateurish mental health dreck, only effectively shot Fowler's mind, sanity, and spirit to pieces. A literal Bridge to Total Prison for this one.

Maybe so.

However, none of the above is actionable in a court of law.

Your reply is not responsive to my post.

You asserted OSA manipulation of the trial and outcome. I called bullshit and showed why.

Do you have an actual rebuttal to my argument or not?

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Janet wasn't permitted in the courtroom because the prosecution listed her as a possible witness. I don't recall her being mentioned in the testimony live blogging. Did I miss it, or wasn't she called?

It'd be interesting to see if she'd throw him under the bus -- or not.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
They shredded Larry Wollersheim's PC folder.

There is the possibility that that could have been a ... lie.

I suppose.

If the physical file has genuinely been destroyed you can safely bet that there would be a MicroFiche version of it stashed away somewhere. This "organisation" is just so devoted to bureaucracy and the accumulation of data about people.

I remember a guy coming into our org and really ripping into HCO about being removed from the Mailing List. I saw the HAS staple the file closed in front of this guy--but it still had to go back into the CF cabinets.

I'm actually inclined to think that the Co$ has more files on more people than the CIA, FBI and Pentagram combined.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

She's been a scientologist for awhile -- listed on completions from 2001 to 2009, including one of the "Ls"

Prior to the killing, she referred to Ciancio using the words "enturbulate" and "entheta" -- then at trial she claims they were good friends and socialized. Yeah, right.

She suspected nothing, but had to "run out to a meeting?" that fateful day? Yeah, right.

I think she knew something was afoul, that something bad was going to happen, and she left the building so as not to be there when it happened. Now she's either really sorry (god, we hope so!) or she's crying crocodile tears as an attempt to protect hereself and others in the cult from any of this horror sticking to them.

The Ciancio family could verify whether or not she ever "socialized" with Tom -- but now is probably not the time (maybe never is the time) to ask them.

I hope the family sues for wrongful death damages, that before that suit goes to trial they do a thorough investigation of everyone that ever worked for that company so they will know where to pull the strings, and that she and other people who know "the scientology rules" about treatment of people who threaten to sue scientologists get called up and interrogated.

I'm glad for the swift verdict that puts Rex behind bars for the rest of his life, BUT I do hope this is not the end of discovering what really went on at that company, more precise details on why Tom Ciancio became disenchanted with the company and quit -- what was the "mistreatment" he observed that made him want out? and what Rex's wife Jan and the other employees of the company knew about Rex's "state of mind" leading up to the killing.

:thumbsup:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Speculate much? If she was loyal to CofS then why paint a nice picture of Ciancio? Did Fowler have a record of previous violent behavior? This is bullshit.