What's new

Rex Fowler Charged With 1st Degree Murder!

Feral

Rogue male
This is so tragic, I've drilled and studied along side of this bloke at FLAG, he, like me, thought he was going OT, able to get into a frame of mind where he could breast this universe with ease. Cause over life!

I knew I was struggling with the level of pressure being on lines caused me, I didn't know everyone else was too.

I certainly wouldn't have guessed he was under such pressure that murdering someone would be a possible 'solution' for him.

This is the fraud of the 'bridge to total freedom'.

Police also found a briefcase and a typed note, dated Dec. 30 and signed by Fowler, that advised there was nothing confidential in the satchel and that it should be given to his wife, Janet.

When Janet Fowler was interviewed by detectives, she told them she wanted the briefcase returned immediately.

"It is important to me and my church. It is religious material and I want it now," she said to investigators. "Even if you looked at it, and read it, you would not understand anything in it. Because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant. I want it back right now."

This is his solo nots material. We were all implanted to protect the confidentiality of the materials at all cost. This might explain why the note was dated the SAME day as the shooting.

Can you imagine the level of duress you would have to put on someone that would make them think of their PC folder on the day they'd shot their business partner?

Well, that's the amount of implant the cult lays in with their six month checks. Bloody hell!

Feral

Rogue male
To be honest I feel sick to my bones about this.

It's just too real, I keep thinking about the family of the deceased. Fowler's wife and kids.

I know the kind of pressure he was put under by the cult. I did over 20 of those six month checks and each one would tighten the screws further.

It's not easy being an "OT" when your life is crumbling and your miserable.

Remember that poor fellow who was Nancy Cartright's ex?

I'm afraid we're going to see an awful lot more of this amongst the "elite".

The Church has destroyed these lives, make no mistake.

T

TheSneakster

This is so tragic, I've drilled and studied along side of this bloke at FLAG, he, like me, thought he was going OT, able to get into a frame of mind where he could breast this universe with ease. Cause over life!

I knew I was struggling with the level of pressure being on lines caused me, I didn't know everyone else was too.

I certainly wouldn't have guessed he was under such pressure that murdering someone would be a possible 'solution' for him.

This is the fraud of the 'bridge to total freedom'.

This is his solo nots material. We were all implanted to protect the confidentiality of the materials at all cost. This might explain why the note was dated the SAME day as the shooting.

Can you imagine the level of duress you would have to put on someone that would make them think of their PC folder on the day they'd shot their business partner?

Well, that's the amount of implant the cult lays in with their six month checks. Bloody hell!

If that note is authentic, it would seem like pretty clear evidence of premeditation of at least his own attempted suicide. No Scio who knew that was his Solo NOTS materials would have left it at the crime scene, either.

Now here is an odd thought. Those materials are only kept with you when solo auditing or travelling to/from Flag or The Freewinds. Why were they even there at the business office ?

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.

The absolute nerve of Fowlers wife. Her ridiculous claimes that they would not understand what they read. Her main fear and the fear of scientology is that they would read and understand the papers. Also, one shot would be self defense. Three shots is murder. She is full of S**T.

But I love the way she just hands the motive to the police, and I love the way she drags SCIENTOLOGY into it, even suggesting that violence would be natural for a scientologist. She may have been using that defensively, but in the circumstances it's a bad!! strategy if she wants any leniency for her hub.
Ooooops! OSA didn't get to her quickly enough to coach her.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Ideal Scene -

Cult leaves Fowler in the dust......court appointed defense attorney (Fowler's broke remember) advises him that he must have been insane (which he was) and therefore recommends a plea of insanity.

Fowler interviews with a psych.....mmmm....psych seems like such a nice and compassionate fellow. Psych explains how brain washing works.....big cognition!!!!! Psych testifies that Fowler was totally brainwashed and not thinking rationally.

Fowler destimulates in Jail. Fowler comes out a few years later, having full access to the internet during his incarceration. He is howling mad and writes a bestseller about the dangers of the cult.

T&H

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
They finally charged him!

Denver Post Article

Michael "The Sneakster Hobson"

So his severance was $9,900. Doesn't seem like enough for a business owner to shoot a guy over.

I'm thinking that Ciancio was steamed over the $200K that was skimmed out of the company

Employees of the software company, which reportedly had suffered financial difficulties since 2008, related in part to the transfer of as much as $200,000 to a church or charity by Fowler, told investigators that Ciancio arrived around 10 a.m. Dec. 30 to collect his check.

I'm thinking that Ciancio blamed this for the state of the company, considered part of it to be HIS money as a partner in the company, and wanted it.

Feral

Rogue male
If that note is authentic, it would seem like pretty clear evidence of premeditation of at least his own attempted suicide. No Scio who knew that was his Solo NOTS materials would have left it at the crime scene, either.

Now here is an odd thought. Those materials are only kept with you when solo auditing or travelling to/from Flag or The Freewinds. Why were they even there at the business office ?

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson

We were all expected to audit 6 times a day, it necessitated auditing at work as well as traveling with the materials.

Carmel

Crusader
Yep, a tragedy for all concerned. Too sad.

Given that this incident happened, yeah, I too hope that the opportunity this presents (to expose much), is made the most of, as part of the effort to prevent such tragedies in the future.

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
Critical condition?...he has a self inflicted bullet hole up through the front part of his skull and he killed a husband and father of what--four kids????
That goes beyond the medical diagnosis of "critical".

58?
Damn, sorry to hear that.
How's your erectile dysfunction?

And I thought the next step on the Bridge would handle that for me...
*&^*&^$%^$%34534!!!!!!!!!!!!

Asshole.

Ideal Scene -

Cult leaves Fowler in the dust......court appointed defense attorney (Fowler's broke remember) advises him that he must have been insane (which he was) and therefore recommends a plea of insanity.

Fowler interviews with a psych.....mmmm....psych seems like such a nice and compassionate fellow. Psych explains how brain washing works.....big cognition!!!!! Psych testifies that Fowler was totally brainwashed and not thinking rationally.

Fowler destimulates in Jail. Fowler comes out a few years later, having full access to the internet during his incarceration. He is howling mad and writes a bestseller about the dangers of the cult.

T&H

I see....Fowler leaves the secure ward for his first session with the psychatrist. Psych tells him to sit down and says:
"Could you please pick up the cans........
I am NOT auditing you..."
Later that evening Fowler found dead in room. Suicide sucessful. PTS SIT terminatedly handled.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If he is headed for the slammer, and no way out, what options does he have for damage control----clipped----

Degraded, so true!

And so tragic because the WHY could have been avoided so easily.

Ya see, Rex Fowler was applying policy. He actually did not know that the Fair Game Policy was canceled! So he was doing what Ron said...

When he got the briefing, the OSA guy said Fair Game was canceled. But Rex mis-obnosed his nervous twitches and thought the guy was winking.

All so unnecessary, if people only did what Ron really said...errr, if they only did what Ron didn't say. You know what I mean! (twitch, twitch, twitch....)

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
To be honest I feel sick to my bones about this.

It's just too real, I keep thinking about the family of the deceased. Fowler's wife and kids.

I know the kind of pressure he was put under by the cult. I did over 20 of those six month checks and each one would tighten the screws further.

It's not easy being an "OT" when your life is crumbling and your miserable.

Remember that poor fellow who was Nancy Cartright's ex?

I'm afraid we're going to see an awful lot more of this amongst the "elite".

The Church has destroyed these lives, make no mistake.

Kev,

It is a frightening thought that these walking time bombs are being created week in and week out.

I feel sorry for Fowler and his family - I feel a damn sight sorrier for Thomas Ciancio and his family.

No winners only losers.

Dammit.

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
This is so, so terrible ... I am sorry for the whole damn thing.

During my time on OTVII, I experienced (and saw many other OTVII's endure the same) constant badgering by the regs to donate to the many varied projects and front groups as well as services whilst on the OTVII treadmill. In fact it was part of the routing form to see all the regs for the various "projects". It was at its worst on my last visit to Flag - the release of the Basics sent the entire base into reg mode - I can only imagine that it has become even worse over the last two years.

I can hear the stupid lines REX would of been told, about how it was his duty as an OT VII, and how he should just donate right NOW and he should not go into agreement with the MEST universe, he was OT and he would be able to make it go right.

But then the economic downturn and no matter what he did - it would not be going right enough ... the pressure, the invalidation of himself as an OT, because he couldn't make it go right. Then a partner questioning his decision and disagreeing with the sizable donation ... more pressure ... counter intention to him making things go right ...

I hope that the reg or regs responsible for putting Fowler into such a predicament are able to confront their part in this crime ! I hope his wife wakes the fuck up and realizes what really caused the situation and takes some responsibility.

To the victims - I am so sorry for your loss and the hurt you are now going through - I think all of us exes are here because were want to stop things like this from occurring - I am sorry we did not make enough impact in time - but we will continue the fight against the insanity of the C of S .

Tom of Helatrobus

Patron Meritorious
So let me get this right here.

First he gives over $200K to Scientology, with no regrets. Then he shoots Ciancio 3 times in the head over $10K? Wrong target? Do you think?

I just can not believe that Fowler software gave 200K to Scientology. Well, I believe it but...

"It is important to me and my church. It is religious material and I want it now," she said to investigators. "Even if you looked at it, and read it, you would not understand anything in it. Because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant. I want it back right now." - Janet Fowler.

Thanks Janet. I've read all that stuff on the internet, but thanks for sounding crazy! BTW, by "normal person" do you mean a person who doesn't go around shooting people?

I'm glad to hear that charges are being pressed. I hope they don't let him out on bail. I live in Denver, you know!

Last edited:

BAYCB

Patron with Honors
It's strange that per the Ethics book "First degree murder, arson, disintegration of persons or belongings" is a High Crime but also has "Public disavowal of Scientology or Scientologists in good standing with Scientology Organizations." also as a High Crime.

How can the later even come close to the act of murder?

I feel sad for all the victims (both families) in this case.

Last edited:

Gail Pike

lol lol lol lol

"One thing I need is his briefcase," Jan Fowler said in the affidavit. "It was taken out of his office. It is important to me, my church, and it is religious material and I want it now!"

Detectives had not reviewed the briefcase yet, so they told her she could not have it.

"Even if you looked at it and read it, you would not understand anything in it. Because it is way above a normal person and you would not know what it meant," she responded.