What's new

Rex Fowler Charged With 1st Degree Murder!

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
This is a Hill-10. All hands.

Feral - you have to FEDEX your sleeveless Dan Rather desert jacket with lots of pockets to Mick, and Mick you have got to get it on you fast and get down to Rex Fowler's arraignment and go live inside the courtroom.

I'm calling a Hill-10, All Hands, HCO Bring Order, Heavy Hussar Handling RIGHT NOW!!!

well I do qualify on the "heavy". Guess I could ride a horse up there and be a Hussar.

But alas, work beckons...

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
We have to wait another 5 months. :melodramatic:

Since Rex didn't say anything at the hearing today, I wonder if he can actually talk? Or maybe his attorney told him to keep quiet and not say "the BTs made me do it".

It's going to be a long 5 months.:ohmy:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
LOL

Yes!!!! It's how I think I look, until I look in the mirror and see how much I've aged in 20 years. Don't mess with my delusions. :p

Me too ! I found a photo that I think expresses who I think I am - and it is from 20 yrs ago, LOL. There have only been a few photos in my life that I think express who I think I am. One is as a child, one is from the 8th grade and one from 20 yrs ago. I even feel as young as I look in that photo . . .

Now my hair has a bit of grey (colored), and the laugh lines around my mouth are permanent these days, and I have dark circles under my eyes now too, which REALLY makes me look OLD ! :omg: LOL. F that.

But I haven't put my photo on here yet. Not ready for that. Maybe when the co$ falls?

I keep hoping I will get/find a photo that is more current but expresses to me who I think I am . . . It has something to do with the smile and the eyes . . . Know what I mean?

I totally GET why Native Americans did not want their photos taken, and why they felt photographs stole one's Soul/Essence . . . I GET THAT !

Oops - Thread Jacked ! Sorry ;-)

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
He may be pleading not guilty to first degree murder because they can prove other circumstances were at work that show it was not first degree murder.

And he may work out a deal to turn state's evidence in other matters.

Only by pleading not guilty does he have any way of negotiating a lesser sentence which does not have the danger of the death penalty, etc.

And, if there are Scientology connections which they may be interested in following up, he may be willing to exchange info for that lesser charge.

Or something.

But none of that matters now.

We have 5 months to get a properly dressed ESMB correspondent into that courtroom, giving minute by minute live updates from inside. We are also going to need one of those colored chalk artists to draw pictures of the judge and other people and fax them to us for posting.

That is very surprising to me. I don't see how they're going to make that work.

The burden of proof is on the prosecution. They must prove the charges they make beyond a reasonable doubt. Given the specifics of laws, legal definitions, & court procedures this isn't necessarily a straightforward procedure. Additionally, a plea of guilty early on would effectively throw away any hope the defense had of negotiating some sort of deal on behalf of their client. Arguably, depending on circumstances, it could be seen as poor representation of the client by his defense.

Ironically, the "bts made me do it" defense might prove to be a useful defense option, (i.e. not in his right mind). Of course, it would require cooperation by the defendant himself. Still, at this point he has little left to lose. It's not like the Co$ will be letting him back onto the upper bridge any time soon. It definitely wouldn't make Miscavige any happier. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker

Smilla

Ordinary Human
The burden of proof is on the prosecution. They must prove the charges they make beyond a reasonable doubt. Given the specifics of laws, legal definitions, & court procedures this isn't necessarily a straightforward procedure. Additionally, a plea of guilty early on would effectively throw away any hope the defense had of negotiating some sort of deal on behalf of their client. Arguably, depending on circumstances, it could be seen as poor representation of the client by his defense.

Ironically, the "bts made me do it" defense might prove to be a useful defense option, (i.e. not in his right mind). Of course, it would require cooperation by the defendant himself. Still, at this point he has little left to lose. It's not like the Co$ will be letting him back onto the upper bridge any time soon. It definitely wouldn't make Miscavige any happier. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker
OK Mark, thanks for that :)

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Having watched many episodes of ‘LA Law’, ‘Ally McBeal’ and sundry other American legal shows, I feel confident in detailing the following analysis of the situation.

Rex Fowler has 6 choices:

1. Employ the ‘Self defence’ er, defence. This requires Fowler to claim that Ciancio suddenly got angry, grabbed Fowler’s gun and threatened to kill him. Fowler then claims that they struggled for control of the weapon, before Ciancio pushes the barrel under Fowler’s chin and shoots him once. With his last vestige of consciousness, Fowler makes a superhuman effort and manages to point the weapon at Ciancio and pulls the trigger, fatally wounding his assailant before collapsing.

Viability rating = 0.3. The wound that Fowler suffered would almost certainly preclude him being able to wrestle the weapon from an attacker, who would probably have fired more shots to finish the job anyway. Also, the pattern of shots as reported by other people in the building doesn’t match this story.

2. Employ the ‘It was the other guy’ defence. This would involve making up a story about how he was having a quiet chat with the victim, when an unknown assailant burst into the office, grabbed Fowler’s gun and shot both him and Ciancio before escaping.

Viability rating = 0.5. This is not a very good defence as there is no evidence that any other person was present and it is unlikely that they could have come and gone without the other staff in the office noticing.

3. Employ the ‘Don’t remember a thing, guv’ defence. This would simply mean saying that because of his injury, he doesn’t remember anything about the incident. Requires a leap of faith as the forensic and other evidence is pretty damming and would probably be enough to convict him anyway. Also leaves the prosecution free to make all sorts of speculations as to his motives, possibly implicating the CoS.

Viability rating = 3.7. Wouldn’t get him off the hook, but would spare him having to answer any awkward questions about what happened that day. If he goes the whole hog and claims that he can’t remember anything about his former life, also takes some of the heat off the CoS. This might be the third best option for the CoS.

4. Employ the ‘It’s a fair cop’ non-defence by not contesting the charges or using whatever legal tactic necessary to achieve the same result. This would get him a very lengthy jail term, but would avoid embarrassing questions about his ‘church’ and religious beliefs. This could be followed up by public statements that he had been recruited by the CIA / Big Pharma / Marcabs to infiltrate the Scientology religion and bring it into disrepute.

Viability rating = 8.4. Perhaps the second best possible result for the CoS (there is no realistic prospect of an acquittal), but a really crappy one for Fowler. All hinges on how loyal he is prepared to be. Of course all things are relative as Scientology will still be associated with a murderer and many of the public who knew Fowler (and even some who don’t) will know this is a crock. Might prompt some of them to take a good hard look at what they are supporting.

5. Employ the ‘Crazy as a Moonbat’ defence. This involves claiming that he is not guilty by reason of insanity. This requires not much more than a quick summary of the beliefs and practices of Scientology, followed up by a demonstration of an OTVII auditing session where he ‘exorcises’ invisible beings that have infested his body, causing him to do all manner of evil things, including murder.

Viability rating = 9.1. This would be the best chance Fowler has of avoiding a lengthy jail term, albeit that he has to undertake a lengthy program of psychiatric treatment. Any jury in their right mind, when presented with a history of all the things that Fowler has done while a Scientologist and some of the more whacky ideas that Hubbard came up with, would almost certainly conclude that he was more than a little crazy. Hopefully, Fowler has received a psychiatric evaluation and away from the malign influence of the CoS has come to realise what a disastrous effect his ‘church’ has had on his life. This, of course, would be the worst possible outcome for the CoS as their most secret teachings would be laid bare for all the world to see and be forever linked to causing someone to go mad and kill another human being. The fallout would be cataclysmic.

6. Finish what he started. Correctly apply process R2-45 or a variation of, using whatever materials are at hand, before the case comes to court.

Viability rating = 7.8. Obviously a bad one for Fowler, but being a dedicated Scientologist he might consider this his best option. He’ll pick up a new body and start again in 20-odd years, right where he left off. The CoS will consider this the best outcome as then a lot of the awkward questions will not get asked and murder will not have been proved, allowing them to deny any responsibility and can never be disproven. But, we and many others will know the truth. The authorities must must must, be alert to the CoS trying to exert any pressure on Fowler to “do the right thing”.

So, whatever happens, this is going to be a very bad situation for the CoS and could well be a very large nail in their coffin.

Axiom142

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Having watched many episodes of ‘LA Law’, ‘Ally McBeal’ and sundry other American legal shows, I feel confident in detailing the following analysis of the situation.

Rex Fowler has 6 choices:

1. Employ the ‘Self defence’ er, defence. This requires Fowler to claim that Ciancio suddenly got angry, grabbed Fowler’s gun and threatened to kill him. Fowler then claims that they struggled for control of the weapon, before Ciancio pushes the barrel under Fowler’s chin and shoots him once. With his last vestige of consciousness, Fowler makes a superhuman effort and manages to point the weapon at Ciancio and pulls the trigger, fatally wounding his assailant before collapsing.

Viability rating = 0.3. The wound that Fowler suffered would almost certainly preclude him being able to wrestle the weapon from an attacker, who would probably have fired more shots to finish the job anyway. Also, the pattern of shots as reported by other people in the building doesn’t match this story.

2. Employ the ‘It was the other guy’ defence. This would involve making up a story about how he was having a quiet chat with the victim, when an unknown assailant burst into the office, grabbed Fowler’s gun and shot both him and Ciancio before escaping.

Viability rating = 0.5. This is not a very good defence as there is no evidence that any other person was present and it is unlikely that they could have come and gone without the other staff in the office noticing.

3. Employ the ‘Don’t remember a thing, guv’ defence. This would simply mean saying that because of his injury, he doesn’t remember anything about the incident. Requires a leap of faith as the forensic and other evidence is pretty damming and would probably be enough to convict him anyway. Also leaves the prosecution free to make all sorts of speculations as to his motives, possibly implicating the CoS.

Viability rating = 3.7. Wouldn’t get him off the hook, but would spare him having to answer any awkward questions about what happened that day. If he goes the whole hog and claims that he can’t remember anything about his former life, also takes some of the heat off the CoS. This might be the third best option for the CoS.

4. Employ the ‘It’s a fair cop’ non-defence by not contesting the charges or using whatever legal tactic necessary to achieve the same result. This would get him a very lengthy jail term, but would avoid embarrassing questions about his ‘church’ and religious beliefs. This could be followed up by public statements that he had been recruited by the CIA / Big Pharma / Marcabs to infiltrate the Scientology religion and bring it into disrepute.

Viability rating = 8.4. Perhaps the second best possible result for the CoS (there is no realistic prospect of an acquittal), but a really crappy one for Fowler. All hinges on how loyal he is prepared to be. Of course all things are relative as Scientology will still be associated with a murderer and many of the public who knew Fowler (and even some who don’t) will know this is a crock. Might prompt some of them to take a good hard look at what they are supporting.

5. Employ the ‘Crazy as a Moonbat’ defence. This involves claiming that he is not guilty by reason of insanity. This requires not much more than a quick summary of the beliefs and practices of Scientology, followed up by a demonstration of an OTVII auditing session where he ‘exorcises’ invisible beings that have infested his body, causing him to do all manner of evil things, including murder.

Viability rating = 9.1. This would be the best chance Fowler has of avoiding a lengthy jail term, albeit that he has to undertake a lengthy program of psychiatric treatment. Any jury in their right mind, when presented with a history of all the things that Fowler has done while a Scientologist and some of the more whacky ideas that Hubbard came up with, would almost certainly conclude that he was more than a little crazy. Hopefully, Fowler has received a psychiatric evaluation and away from the malign influence of the CoS has come to realise what a disastrous effect his ‘church’ has had on his life. This, of course, would be the worst possible outcome for the CoS as their most secret teachings would be laid bare for all the world to see and be forever linked to causing someone to go mad and kill another human being. The fallout would be cataclysmic.

6. Finish what he started. Correctly apply process R2-45 or a variation of, using whatever materials are at hand, before the case comes to court.

Viability rating = 7.8. Obviously a bad one for Fowler, but being a dedicated Scientologist he might consider this his best option. He’ll pick up a new body and start again in 20-odd years, right where he left off. The CoS will consider this the best outcome as then a lot of the awkward questions will not get asked and murder will not have been proved, allowing them to deny any responsibility and can never be disproven. But, we and many others will know the truth. The authorities must must must, be alert to the CoS trying to exert any pressure on Fowler to “do the right thing”.

So, whatever happens, this is going to be a very bad situation for the CoS and could well be a very large nail in their coffin.

Axiom142
Ally McBeal! I love it! I don't know how you managed to make such good points on a serious subject, whilst making me laugh, but thanks very much! Option 5 looks promising.

Feral

Rogue male
This is a Hill-10. All hands.

Feral - you have to FEDEX your sleeveless Dan Rather desert jacket with lots of pockets to Mick, and Mick you have got to get it on you fast and get down to Rex Fowler's arraignment and go live inside the courtroom.

I'm calling a Hill-10, All Hands, HCO Bring Order, Heavy Hussar Handling RIGHT NOW!!!

'Lanzo, mate I found it!.

Unfortunately it's a little worse for wear. See, I didn't realize that a 15ft croc had moved into one of my dams. When I went down there to catch a barra (barramundi) for my tea...well, the bastard grabbed me, and by one of the pockets! Well he took me under and rolled and rolled, eventually I broke free from the croc and jacket. I then scrambled to the surface to get some air.

Furious I went back to the dam after reading your post requesting to borrow it. I took my .243 and a small wild pig I shot. I threw the pig in and waited, within a few seconds the water surface broke and I let a round go.

When I pulled him out I had to cut the jacket out of his gut, it now has several tears, some bloodstains, an unholy odour and a bullet hole.

Do you still want me to send it over?