What's new

Rex Fowler found guilty of first-degree murder.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I was an IAS reg. I figured it out. That's why I quit and said so.

Synthia (or anyone else who's been in this position), when you're ready to talk about it I would like to learn how you were trained / coached to be an IAS reg -- and what your IAS reg experience was like.

I have wondered what kinds of pressures IAS registrars put on people to get money out of them, particularly the second, third, fourth time people are persuaded to donate:

* What are the buttons used?
* How do people successfully resist them?
* What additional pressures are put on those who resist?
* In other words, what are the gradient steps taken to get the money?
* What kinds of behaviors or personalities successfully resist IAS pressures?

I think this would be good information to put out there.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
so misunderstood

Not if a murder is carried out on behalf of Scientology and/or the victim has been deemed an SP. As per Hubbard's scripture, an enemy of Scientology "may be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed." c.f HCO Policy Letter of 18 October 1967 Issue IV PENALTIES FOR LOWER CONDITIONS

Hubbard himself is known to have ordered the murder of several people:

r245.jpg

The action that Rex Fowler took is somewhat misunderstood. Rex was not attempting to murder anyone, he was simply attempting to demonstrate the workability of the tech to this fellow by auditing him on process R2-45, allowing him to go exterior. The problem is that Rex should have known better than to attempt to audit an espee. This miserable espee had to make Rex and the Cof$ wrong by dropping dead. Rex was merely trying to help.
The correct action is not to send him to a WOG prison, he simply needs to go to cramming to correct some MU's. And while we should obviously not condone MU's, we should definitely applaud his efforts. Meanwhile, for your enjoyment, a little tune about this auditing process.

Pete

Process R2-45 (parody of Love Potion Number 9)

I took advice from a red haired guru,
You know the one who said that he would sue.
He sold lots of books that are chock full of his jive,
And one made a reference to … process R2-45!

I said “I just can’t exteriorize.”
”I seek your council since you are so wise.”
He lit another Kool then he shook his head and sighed,
He said what you need is … process R2-45!

He bent down and turned around and gave me a gun,
He said “I think you know just what you gotta do son”
That piece of ugly steel sure felt ungodly big,
I clenched my butt, I closed my eyes, I pulled the trig’!

I heard a click and felt an awful fright,
I wondered why that it did not go right.
I can’t understand just why I am still alive,
Don’t recommend you audit, process R2-45!

(instrumental)

Process R2-45 …
Process R2-45 …
Process R2-45 …

O.K., the educated, sane part of me says that we should not be laughing about this...:unsure: BUT!!!

OMG Nukie, that was funny! :dieslaughing: Maybe we should bring back the Squirelles and cut a cd of all these great song and spoken word parodies that members on this board are creating! :thumbsup:

You are one funny guy! :D :duh:

ARC

Patron
You're very good at misinterpreting the evidence.
That article was published a few hours ago, and I hadn't read it yet. I can't misunderstand something which hasn't been read yet. Also,
Prosecutors argued the fact that Ciancio was shot three times in the face could not be an accident -- it was an execution.
Seems the journalists are misunderstanding things too.
It sounds like Fowler wanted to insure his victim was dead which is why he shot him 2 more times from behind.
If so, that still doesn't indicate pre-meditation, only that Fowler was the murderer, and that it wasn't an accident. Also wasn't it more from above?

Perhaps what I objected to was a muddled presentation by the journalist - making it seem like the number of shots was indicative of premeditation rather than intent. These more in-depth articles about the final day of the trial shows that I was right about that point - the prosecution used the number of shots to show that it wasn't an accident:
"If you fire three shots into someone's head it is your intent to kill," said prosecutor Yvette Werner.

"It is your conscious objective for them to be dead. (The defense) wants you to believe it was ... what? 'Oops! Oops! Oops!'" she said pointing a replica gun towards wall."Does that make any sense to you? Of course not."

Last edited:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
We don't know everything that was presented. It's probably hard to really prove premeditation in a case like this but evidently the jury wasn't feeling too sorry for Fowler. In any case I might add that this was an insane act so don't expect everything Fowler did to make sense. It doesn't.

ARC

Patron
Right. The main point is that some of Fowler's preparation speaks more to a planned murder than a suicide, and those parts which indicate suicide are just as indicative of a planned murder-suicide.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Rex Folwer, new OTambassador for Criminon. I could just see the cult spin to members this is part of their dedication to reaching out to criminals behind bars but only the most dedicated OT could be used for this extreme mission.

secretiveoldfag

Really? Such convictions didn't seem to stop Scientology from seeking to recruit Charles Manson.

Charles Manson became a Scientologist when incarcerated for a series of relatively minor offences, none of them particularly violent.

His career as a mass murderer began after his enthusiastic acceptance of Dianetic principles. Hubbard was always afraid he had revealed too much; I believe Manson was one of the few to understand exactly what Hubbard had found out.

My favorite moment is when Charlie, fresh out of prison, turned up at the CC and said, I'm Clear, where do I go from here? and they tried to send him to Ethics.

secretiveoldfag

Right. The main point is that some of Fowler's preparation speaks more to a planned murder than a suicide, and those parts which indicate suicide are just as indicative of a planned murder-suicide.

Maybe it's not significant but one aspect of Fowler's preparation that I am curious about is that he got dressed up for this meeting. Ciancio was wearing jeans but Rex was wearing a formal suit, not his usual office wear.

Either he wanted to look good when they arrested him, or he wanted to leave a respectable looking corpse. I get it. :no:

Wearing a suit lends a man the appearance of and a cache of power and authority that he might not otherwise feel if he were the "boss" and wearing blue jeans. Just more and a different kind of indoctrination about hierarchies and power. (That's power with a little "p".)

secretiveoldfag

Either he wanted to look good when they arrested him, or he wanted to leave a respectable looking corpse. I get it. :no:

Wearing a suit lends a man the appearance of and a cache of power and authority that he might not otherwise feel if he were the "boss" and wearing blue jeans. Just more and a different kind of indoctrination about hierarchies and power. (That's power with a little "p".)

Either way it would be more evidence for premeditation. But I find it odd.

FoTi

Crusader
I have to concur. Even though this almost certain fact really had no place in the criminal trial, the local media have done a good job making sure it got highlighted so people will be warned. :grouch:

Yes, I'm sad for both Ciancia's and Fowler's families. There is no "winner" here. :no:

I feel bad for both families as well. CoS's brainwashing and evil greed for money has affected a lot of people in this situation. I hope they get shut down worldwide very soon.

FoTi

Crusader
The action that Rex Fowler took is somewhat misunderstood. Rex was not attempting to murder anyone, he was simply attempting to demonstrate the workability of the tech to this fellow by auditing him on process R2-45, allowing him to go exterior. The problem is that Rex should have known better than to attempt to audit an espee. This miserable espee had to make Rex and the Cof$ wrong by dropping dead. Rex was merely trying to help.
The correct action is not to send him to a WOG prison, he simply needs to go to cramming to correct some MU's. And while we should obviously not condone MU's, we should definitely applaud his efforts. Meanwhile, for your enjoyment, a little tune about this auditing process.

Pete

Process R2-45 (parody of Love Potion Number 9)

I took advice from a red haired guru,
You know the one who said that he would sue.
He sold lots of books that are chock full of his jive,
And one made a reference to … process R2-45!

I said “I just can’t exteriorize.”
”I seek your council since you are so wise.”
He lit another Kool then he shook his head and sighed,
He said what you need is … process R2-45!

He bent down and turned around and gave me a gun,
He said “I think you know just what you gotta do son”
That piece of ugly steel sure felt ungodly big,

(instrumental)

Process R2-45 …
Process R2-45 …
Process R2-45 …

I think you ought to record this little ditty and put it up on Youtube and dedicate it somehow to LRH, CoS and Rex Fowler.

FoTi

Crusader
Maybe it's not significant but one aspect of Fowler's preparation that I am curious about is that he got dressed up for this meeting. Ciancio was wearing jeans but Rex was wearing a formal suit, not his usual office wear.

Maybe he thought it was a formal occasion. :eyeroll:

He was obviously looney.....he could have done anything that day.

Maybe you can write to him and ask him why he wore a suit.

Hey....that makes me think.....now maybe people can write to him and ask him to tell his story. I wonder if he'd be willing to make his story public and expose all the pressure he was under from the CoS.

Guys in prison like to get mail from the outside and there wouldn't be anybody from the CoS screening his mail. :whistling: