What's new

Rex Fowler makes first court appearance

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
A DNA test was ordered today for a 58-year-old businessman and founder of an Adams County software company accused of killing his former business partner.

Adams County District Judge Francis Wasserman this morning also set an April 7 preliminary hearing for William Rex Fowler, who appeared in court wearing surgical scrubs.

Fowler allegedly shot and killed 42-year-old Thomas Ciancio on Dec. 30 at Fowler Software Design. Investigators say Fowler shot Ciancio three times in the head with a 9mm Glock handgun when Cianco came to the business to collect $9,900 in severance pay. Investigators believe Fowler then shot himself.

Officials say Fowler is "in custody" but have declined to reveal where he is being held.

Ciancio, who was Fowler Software's chief operating officer, resigned Nov. 23 in a dispute over the way the company was being managed.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_14310436

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Surgical scrubs!

Wow, how would you like to be an OTVII exterior, watching your disabled body hauled into court in surgical scrubs to face charges of capital murder, yet not be able to end the cycle because it's still alive? God, that is a horrid picture!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I imagine that between OT 7 and the pressure put on him by the cult that he was driven to the point of insanity which played a role in his actions.

THAT is the defense I would use if I were his attorney. (Of course, if he is a true believer, Rex may prevent his attorney from using that defense.)
Also, it has the benefit (in my opinion) of being the truth as well.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
.........yet not be able to end the cycle because it's still alive?

If that were truly his intention to end cycle, and he truly was OT, he'd of found a way to do it. My suspicion is that that WAS his intent; putting a bullet into your head is a pretty good indication.

Feral

Rogue male
Wow, how would you like to be an OTVII exterior, watching your disabled body hauled into court in surgical scrubs to face charges of capital murder, yet not be able to end the cycle because it's still alive? God, that is a horrid picture!

There are no OTVII exteriors, except in the promo from the CofS.

If there were there wouldn't be shootings from them.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
If he pleads not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect and is found that by a judge or jury he goes to the happy hut and that is the end of his bridge this lifetime.

skollie

The article has been updated:
BRIGHTON — A DNA test was ordered today for a 58-year-old businessman and founder of an Adams County software company accused of killing his former business partner.

Adams County District Judge Francis Wasserman this morning also set an April 9 preliminary hearing for William Rex Fowler, who appeared in court shackled and wearing surgical scrubs.

Fowler allegedly shot and killed 42-year-old Thomas Ciancio on Dec. 30 at Fowler Software Design. Investigators say Fowler shot Ciancio three times in the head with a 9mm Glock handgun when Cianco came to the business to collect $9,900 in severance pay.

Ciancio, who was Fowler Software's chief operating officer, resigned Nov. 23 in a dispute over the way the company was being managed.

He wore brown sandals, no socks, and what appeared to be blue scrubs from a hospital. Adams County DA officials wouldn't disclose where Fowler was being held while in custody.

Prosecutors on Monday also wanted access to Fowler's medical records but not any psychological records. Judge Wasserman said he would rule on that issue next week.

Investigators responding to the shooting found Fowler staggering outside the front door of the company building, bleeding from the head.

Fowler was taken to Denver Health Medical Center, where he underwent surgery for a gunshot wound from the bottom of his chin through the top of his head.

Ciancio's body was found inside Fowler's office. They also found what was believed to be the gun used in the murder.

The gun was registered to Fowler's son, Alexander Hyung Fowler, who lived at 1413 L. Ron Hubbard Way in Los Angeles.

Fowler's wife, Janet, reportedly told investigators that her husband is a Scientologist "and would not have gone without a fight."

She also demanded investigators return a briefcase found in Fowler's office, saying that it contained materials related to her church.

According to the arrest affidavit, police said Ciancio's brother gave investigators four binders of Scientology materials that Fowler had given to Ciancio, asking him to study the religion.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_14310436

Winston Smith

Flunked Scientology
If that were truly his intention to end cycle, and he truly was OT, he'd of found a way to do it. My suspicion is that that WAS his intent; putting a bullet into your head is a pretty good indication.

Nah, he was a coward all the way. Had no problem squeezing off 3 rounds into someone else's cranium, but when it was his turn he flubbed it. Ofcourse I was hoping he would have become a veggie, but no such luck.

People who are screwed up have no bidness being around firearms. It gives responsible, careful owners a bad bad rap.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I imagine that between OT 7 and the pressure put on him by the cult that he was driven to the point of insanity which played a role in his actions.

THAT is the defense I would use if I were his attorney. (Of course, if he is a true believer, Rex may prevent his attorney from using that defense.)
Also, it has the benefit (in my opinion) of being the truth as well.

That brings up an interesting question: who is Fowler's lawyer, and is that lawyer really working for Fowler's interests, or for Scientology?

Without a doubt, as soon as they heard of the shooting, OSA supplied Rex's wife with the name of the lawyer she MUST ensure that Rex uses for his defense.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Ofcourse I was hoping he would have become a veggie, but no such luck.

If he killed himself or turned into a veggie he would have been able to avoid confronting the prosecutors. Actually, I'm kind of glad that he's still around to answer questions as part of the investigation.

Without a doubt, as soon as they heard of the shooting, OSA supplied Rex's wife with the name of the lawyer she MUST ensure that Rex uses for his defense.

I agree! OSA will attempt to minimize the bad PR for CoS.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
This whole thing is unbelieveably sick.
The fatherless children of the victim; the wife left alone to raise them.
The two Fowlers who's usefulness to the C of $ is over with so will soon be thrown under the bus. Broke, penniless and betrayed.
The Fowler children who will move forward with this soiled remembrance of their father.
Fowler himself, who on deathrow or a jail cell for the rest of his life, will soon see the emperor's clothing on the Internet. :omg:
He will be spiritually gutted while behind bars for his actions...a long, slow punishment.
Everyone lost here...except one.
And as many have said, in solving a crime or discovering the "who", follow the money.
I want that corrupt organization that purports to care about people DEAD for their crimes against humanity. They have no courage or decency. A common thief has more honesty when he sticks a gun in your ribs than a "religion" whose products are lies, betrayal, cruelty, broken dreams and promises.

If he pleads not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect and is found that by a judge or jury he goes to the happy hut and that is the end of his bridge this lifetime.

Whether he pleads guilty by reason of insanity or not, even whether he pleads guilty or not, it doesn't matter at his point, Rex Fowler will never be aloud to continue on the Bridge this life time :naughty:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Whether he pleads guilty by reason of insanity or not, even whether he pleads guilty or not, it doesn't matter at his point, Rex Fowler will never be aloud to continue on the Bridge this life time :naughty:

Not in the CofS anyway. But by the time he gets out — assuming he gets out alive — who knows what will be available to him.

Paul

Happy Days

Well, its very very sad for the families involved.

The Cult has a lot to answer for and I hope the court case sheds some light on how evil it is and how it drives individuals to despair and to a point of no return.

Although with Rex being a Scio and a jail bird he would probably find the positive in all this and run the Criminon Program on the inmates and rehab some of those thetans :hysterical: and the Cult then would count the stats :grouch: .... and that's just what they would do too :angry::angry:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Not in the CofS anyway. But by the time he gets out — assuming he gets out alive — who knows what will be available to him.

Paul

Think of the possibilities, men and women - this has to be a first degree murder case. Does Colorado give the death penalty?

This could be a nationally prominent trial of a SCN OT for capital murder! The PR value in terms of negative worth is potentially devastating for the Cof$.

They won't be covering this one up, LMT.