What's new

Rinder & Bennitt in Helicopter Over Super Power Opening!

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Feel my finger.

I expected some epic fail this weekend, but I honestly did not see Mike Rinder flying a helicopter over it. The whoismikerinder picture couldn't be more appropriate for what he just did to Der Dwarfenfuhrer. This is for Mike!

mike-the-finger_0.jpg

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!!!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
The ceremony, directed by Scientology leader David Miscavige, was unexpectedly brief — about eight minutes — followed by a minute of sustained applause from the crowd. Then attendees began dispersing.

I could understand a brief ceremony, then attendees entering the new building for a private showing. But attendees dispersing? To where? To the nearest Hooters to watch football and have some beer and wings?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Originally Posted by HelluvaHoax!
The ceremony, directed by Scientology leader David Miscavige, was unexpectedly brief — about eight minutes — followed by a minute of sustained applause from the crowd. Then attendees began dispersing

I could understand a brief ceremony, then attendees entering the new building for a private showing. But attendees dispersing? To where? To the nearest Hooters to watch football and have some beer and wings?

Sorry, that was a typo.

It should have read: "Then attendees began disbursing."

It's what happens after Scientologists get a huge win that is noticed by a reg.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's real.

Fake Clears, OTs and Parishioners in the "world's fastest growing religion" are the only thing real about Scientology.

For anyone not familiar with film production and location shooting, the black-against-yellow signs (with arrows) are the industry standard for movie sets.

[THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS ARE FROM RANDOM TV/MOVIE SETS]

50be60e9-6a3e-4f56-9a5a-4ab80250600a_zpsd2c77d62.jpg

d05031f5-db98-41f0-91f2-18b432fb7565_zps9e111853.jpg

e45cf337-2bce-4268-9ca8-5260e7926417_zpsbe177a7f.jpg

….and yes, they are that stupid.

You are correct. In NYC you will also occasionally see black on orange, especially for the "No Parking Here Tomorrow, Film Shoot" signs.

I fucking hate those signs because it means the already tremendous suckage that is driving and parking in NYC just got a lot worse. Chinatown actually banned film shoots for a while because it was being over-used.

When I heard that, I cheered.

Can't you LA peeps convince the city to beat the tax incentives that NYC is offering? Please?

Now back to your regularly scheduled viewing of the unintentional demolition of an evil cult.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
This may seem like an odd perspective, but it's something that occurred to me while reading this and other threads about the SP Rdn Release Event at Flag.

My Paternal Grandfather was a Minister (as well as a farmer/rancher) and my Maternal Grandfather was an Elder (as well as a farmer/rancher). They were Church of the Brethren ("Dunkers"), a small protestant sect founded about 1700 in Germany, near the Swiss Border by "squirrel" Anabaptists and were closely "kin" to the Mennonites and Quakers. Most of the membership for hundreds of years, even up into the 20th Century, were agrarians, educators, artisans and shopkeepers. The first Brethren came to Pennsylvania in the very early 1700's and I am a direct descendant from members of that Congregation.

<Snip>

Face:)

Oops...I forgot to mention that in the '60's there were around 200,000 Brethren, total...nearly all in the US and a few in Canada. That's what gave me pause for thought...2000,000 members and 8,000 at an Annual Conference thousands of miles away from the large majority of the membership and 6 to 8 thousand less than the usual Annual Conference attendance. :coolwink:

Face:)

PS: I added the Membership #'s to me original post.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
That is actually consistent with my own calculation.

The Hoax-meter calculated the exact number of attendees as 1,758, give or take a few extras.

Perhaps 1,000 were SO and outer org staff.

That leaves about 800, half of which were probably local Clearwater cultees.

Actual number of Scientologists flying in to Mecca, appx 300-400.

SPs rule! ("on this planet")

I suspect that this IS an accurate number for those flying in to Mecca, within several hundred of this number anyhow.

I would think that the City of Clearwater (and the residents) are going to be pissed off. They were told to expect 10,000 and they jumped through hoops to work with the CoS to get them the permits, road closures, etc., they claimed they needed.

I imagine that the economic impact for these extra 3-400 people is going to be very small.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
event_zpse2d16c30.jpg

Hmmmmm, that's odd.

Approximately only 1,758 attendees to the most important event in the history of Scientology, "The world's fastest growing religion".

Why so little interest in the release of GAT II and SuperPower that "...will make planetary clearing a reality!"?

All told, not counting SO & Staff Members, less than 800 cult members attend.

What does it mean?

ANSWER: THAT is how the rapidly dwindling worldwide community of remaining Scientologists call bullshit (without getting declared).

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I suspect that this IS an accurate number for those flying in to Mecca, within several hundred of this number anyhow.

I would think that the City of Clearwater (and the residents) are going to be pissed off. They were told to expect 10,000 and they jumped through hoops to work with the CoS to get them the permits, road closures, etc., they claimed they needed.

I imagine that the economic impact for these extra 3-400 people is going to be [strike]very small.[/strike] negative.

FIFY :biggrin:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
It crossed my mind too. If that was just a mistake I bet somebody is in deep shit. I'm glad I don't live in a world where I live in terror of being in deep shit at any given minute.

If it isn't a mistake, and they were actually stupid enough to give away the hiring of extras to flesh out the crowd, or someone just screwed the pooch, it's still priceless.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
If it isn't a mistake, and they were actually stupid enough to give away the hiring of extras to flesh out the crowd, or someone just screwed the pooch, it's still priceless.

Those 2 options are not mutually exclusive. :hysterical:

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Those 2 options are not mutually exclusive. :hysterical:

True!

It's probably true that they actually did hire extras, though, huh? Do you suppose they have been doing the same for years at other events?

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that they are contracting that fast, and growing desperate.

After a couple of years of whatever horrors occur in that building, the next collapse should just about do it, don't you think?

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
True!

It's probably true that they actually did hire extras, though, huh? Do you suppose they have been doing the same for years at other events?

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside that they are contracting that fast, and growing desperate.

After a couple of years of whatever horrors occur in that building, the next collapse should just about do it, don't you think?

I think one of the reasons this event took so long to plan was arguments with Slappy over the ratio of faithful to extras and the potential flap if the true number of never-ins at the event were revealed in the press.

I think we are well past the inflection point in the curve describing the collapse. This is the inverse of the curve describing how a new social networking phenomenon takes hold - with that, each new member brings a network of friends who might also join. Here we witness each new defection taking part of a network of friends and family who either turn off-lines but don't admit it, or blow outright like the Reminis.

But at this point there are so few nodes left, each one that blows leaves a gaping hole in the social network, never to be repaired. Davy would have done well to expel the South Africans after this event. But he was never one to be satisfied with a foot bullet, when a foot 12 ga. shell was at hand.

Last edited:

OTVIIIisGrrr8!

Freedom Magazine Special Report:

Fatal Stampede at Flag! 12,000 Scientologists trampled to death in the mad rush to get into the Super Power Building!

Crowds estimated at 5,000,000 Scientologists swarm the new Flag Building during COB RTC David Miscavige's speech to open the facility. Photo courtesy of The Bunker.

Speaking today from Flag Land Base, Church of Scientology spokesman Ken Delusion said, "Due to the incredibly high demand of Scientology parishioners to begin Super Power the very second the new Flag Building was dedicated, COB RTC David Miscavige kept opening ceremonies to eight minutes."

"Millions of Scientologists were clamoring to get onto the Super Power Rundown immediately," Delusion reported. "And given the fact that most of these people had been waiting fifteen years to do the Super Power Rundown, their 'Gung Ho' eagerness to route onto Super Power asap is understandable."
"And this is why," Delusion explained, "the crowd today at Flag swelled to over 5,000,000 Scientologists."

"Nevertheless, and tragically," Delusion stated, "As soon as COB cut the ribbon on the building, some 12,000 Scientologists were trampled to death in the stampede to get into the Super Power Building."

HCO was unable to bring order as the stampede to get into the new Super Power Building got out of hand!

"Naturally, this being the Church of Scientology," Delusion added, "the dead are not mourned but are rather encouraged to go pick up new bodies, find their nearest Ideal Org, and then get this 'death by stampede' incident handled in session. They pulled it in and they need to handle it. Meanwhile, normal operations have resumed at Flag and we regret any inconvenience the stampede caused."
"On an unrelated matter," Delusion noted, "any unused Flag food coupons are not redeemable for cash or for bookstore items. They may, however, be used in the gift shop."