What's new

Robert Dam on Marty Rathbun

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Marty Rathbun on David Mayo from his April 12th posting at his blog;

When you create a huge, open tent a lot of wonderful things occur – many of which we have been sharing on a daily basis here.

With no admission fee, no pre-requisites, no qualifications, no screening – you also get your share of hucksters, clowns and pick-pockets. I generally let people get along and encourage them to go along their own paths for the most part. But when the crime rate starts to escalate it doesn’t hurt to warn people about certain dark alleys.

I wouldn’t even address this subject if it were not for the demand that I do address it by several OTs who have heard me tell the story of the origin of New Era Dianetics for OTs (NOTS) technology. It seems that three decades of insistence by certain squirrels that David Mayo is Source of NOTs technology has had an effect in some quarters. The Mayo myth has lead many a truth seeker down a rabbit hole of bizarre, albeit sometimes interesting, diversions. It has served several not-quite-bright folk (with king-size, self-importance buttons) a handy justification that has been used for decades to palm off all manner of alterations as LRH technology.

I realize some will launch the most vicious of attacks for my presenting the facts as I witnessed them. No matter, this has never been a popularity contest.

I’ve got news:

1 – L Ron Hubbard discovered New Era Dianetics for O.T.s.

2 – L Ron Hubbard dictated the HCOBs for New Era Dianetics for O.T.s

3 – David Mayo did not discover New Era Dianetics for O.T.s.

4 – David Mayo did not write New Era Dianetics for O.T.s.

And for those wanting to practice standard tech outside of the suppression of the church, and for those lurking church of Scientology members I have good news: all of the NOTs HCOBs that have been readily available on the internet for the past fifteen years are FAR more on Source than anything foisted off as such in Miscavige’s church of Scientology.

OT VIIs and above, hear this about all those conditions formulas you did for out security, including the tens of thousands you might have been coerced into paying to get Ethics off your backs. Those conditions assignments were bogus and meaningless. In fact, they have been ruthlessly enforced by David Miscavige’s RTC for the past two decades for no other purposes than making money and controlling you and diverting attention from the fact that Miscavige, rather than being the savior of the sacred Bridge, in fact failed miserably in one of RTC’s few stated LRH purposes; to wit, protecting the security of the upper level materials of Scientology.

Here are the facts I witnessed that lead to the four conclusions at the outset of this post.

In the early eighties Robin Scott and some cohorts executed a rather clever scheme. They dressed up as Sea Org missionaires and strutted into AOSHEU exuding airs of strategic cunning. Scott announced they had been sent by Int Management to straighten out the org. Having full run of the org, they walked out with all confidential Advanced Tech material from R6EW right on up through NOTS.

Shortly after, David Mayo began heavily promoting the delivery of NOTS at his Advanced Ability Center (AAC) in Santa Barbara, California, under the name Advanced Ability 5. RTC sued Mayo and the AAC under the federal Racketering Influenced Corrupt Organizations (RICO) statute and the Trade Secret statute.

After a mini-trial (evidentiary hearing) a US Federal Judge enjoined Mayo, et al from using or distributing his AA5 material. During that hearing Mayo swore under oath that he had written the AA5 material from memory – without reference to the stolen Scott NOTs material. The Judge made a specific finding that Mayo was not a credible witness – particularly in his claim that he had re-written the material from memory because he wrote it in the first place.

Having been found a liar, the man with the self-proclaimed eidetic memory changed his story. He began stretching his claims to say in fact, not only did he write the materials, he discovered and developed them too.

Later the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals reversed the injunction on legal issues, not affecting the Federal Court Judge finding that Mayo was a calculating liar. The suit was amended to include copyright claims and Mayo was enjoined again.

Somebody will likely provide a special master’s finding of fact that Mayo wrote NOTs as a work-made-for-hire for the church (an excerpt was posted by I think Cat Daddy on an earlier thread). They won’t explain that the upshot of that later ruling – by an off the wagon alcoholic ex-judge sitting as special master – means simply that anything Mayo may have written in the name of L Ron Hubbard while in the chuch was legally written by LRH because Mayo was an employee of the church and working under L Ron Hubbard’s direction when he did so.

What the alcoholic master did not comment upon was irrefutable evidence that was placed before him that L Ron Hubbard discovered and effectively wrote every NOTs HCOB with Mayo’s assistance as a transcriptionist/compiler. The master didn’t comment upon it as he never reviewed the evidence, hated the church of Scientology and was doing everything in his power to help Mayo – whom he sympathized with. Now, whether Mayo was deserving of any sympathy is a matter of a decades old debate, irrelevant to the issue at hand.

The evidence the master refused to consider consisted of the original submission files for each and every original NOTs Series HCOB. Each HCOB had its own folder. Each contained one or more CSWs (completed staff work forms) written by Mayo to LRH asking for authorization to issue each HCOB of the NOTs Series. Each folder included each draft that was rejected enroute to full approval. I know this because I helped compile the evidence for presentation. Michael J Rinder knows this too – because he too reviewed and compiled the same evidence with me in a number of subsequent legal cases involving the NOTs materials.

Each proposed HCOB was accompanied by tape transcripts highlighted and numbered in the margins to demonstrate where each of LRH’s spoken sentences was lifted in order to compile each line of each HCOB. The package included the original audio tapes of LRH speaking the words that would become the HCOBs.

The audio tapes were recorded after sessions where Mayo audited LRH. After each session LRH would tell Mayo to turn on the tape player, then he would dictate exactly what had happened in the session, plus commentary of what the technical whys and wherefores for the phenomena of the session were and instructions for compiling HCOBs on the subject. Throughout hours upon hours of those audio tapes, Mayo can only rarely be heard with short, respectful acknowledgments. Most of Mayo’s responses consisted of “Yes, Sir”, “Got it Sir”, “I understand Sir.” Virtually every word of the HCOBs is taken from LRH’s transcribed spoken words.

Mayo’s job chiefly was to turn LRH’s spoken English descriptions into written English. And for those who have studied the original NOTs HCOBs I think you might agree Mayo didn’t even do such a great job of that. And now I am glad he did not.

Of course Mayo was LRH’s auditor during this period. And yes, LRH was ill and being audited by Mayo when LRH discovered NOTs. However, one thing is crystal clear when one reads the transcripts in sequence, which I did. Mayo attempted to audit LRH on Dianetics and LRH got worse. Clearly LRH recognized that there was something else at play, described it and instructed his auditor (Mayo) on how to handle it. Most of the transcripts consist of LRH explaining all that to Mayo and how NOTs works, how it ought to be audited, etc.

David Miscavige has made numerous alterations with “new improved” NOTs and Solo NOTs over the years. The most on Source, unaltered HCOBs on NOTs are the original NOTs series, the ones that have been readily available on the internet for the past fifteen years. I know that and Mike Rinder knows that because we ran litigation for more than twenty years that sought to prevent those very materials from being available in the public domain. And we compiled the evidence from LRH’s archives – described above – in years-long attempts to keep the materials secret. Alas, we (me, Mike, Warren McShane, and David Miscavige who micromanaged every step of the way) failed. And I could write a book detailing how Miscavige himself sabotaged even these efforts. He should be the last guy on the planet bemoaning NOTs materials in the public domain, and enforcing very expensive conditions assignments on pre-OTs who have committed alleged security breaches far less significant than his own.

I am not saying Mayo was not a good auditor or C/S. And I am certainly not condemning him as a person – after all, irrespective of his motives, he did play a large role in breaking the monopoly. I am saying he lied through his teeth when he said he discovered, developed and wrote NOTs.

Now, let the fur fly from both ends. I’ll be amused. I am simply relaying facts I witnessed. I am heading back to to my auditing room to audit some more pre-OTs, LRH style.

Note how Rathbun refers to the judge as a "drunk" and Mayo as a "calculating liar".

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I found an interesting thread from 'Why we protest?'

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/threads/marty-rathbuns-squirrel-group.33376/

Highlighted section mine.

Quote from pooks 1;

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Looks like he left the C of S but is still a hard core cultist.

I'm not surprised. This guy knows where all the bodies are buried. For him to snap out of the mindfuck, he'd have to deal with all the criminality on his part.

Quote from Pooks 2;

Re: Marty Rathbun's Squirrel Group?!

Ya know what's really funny about this, is that Marty used to be the Inspector General Ethics for RTC and was responsible for getting rid of all the squirrel groups.

Quote from 'NotBobMinton'

If the photo details state the photo was taken on 1/1/2005 @ 12:00AM for what that is worth.

This is referring to the picture of Marty and Jason Beghe. I don;t know if anyone can verify this photo and it's source, but if it was taken on 1/1/2005 or uploaded on that date then Marty would have met Jason before he left the Church. This may verify Terril's belief that Marty is getting people out of Scientology. He is probably using his contacts behind the scene's to put people in doubt and in turn they do the same. Jason it is alleged contacted Larry Anderson and maybe Michael Fairman. Not to say that they didn't see some f'cked up things in Scientology already, but as celebs they are treated much better than the average Joe off the street. Although Marty wrote an open letter to Jason at a much later date? Maybe it's an old pic?

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Posted by Vittorio.

Note how Rathbun refers to the judge as a "drunk" and Mayo as a "calculating liar".

Rathbun must be worried sick about what David Mayo could one day disclose (and if he had the will he could find a way).

Worry on Rathbun.

:yes:

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
If the photo details state the photo was taken on 1/1/2005 @ 12:00AM for what that is worth.

That date/time stamp looks suspiciously like a default setting which might appear on a device at each start up on fresh batteries. My phone does the same thing.

Vittorio said:
Being completely delusional and in denial is really no way to go through life, Marty, but then again if you knew that, you wouldn't be a Scientologist, now would you?

martyrathbun1.jpg

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Sigh. Marty is an extreme retard but I'm happy that he's our retard and not their retard.

And a big shout of to Robert Dam for not being a retard.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
Well I admit there seems to be a little change in that direction. He now reads many sources.

But I bet that things like Idenics, Metapsychology or CBR stuff drive him mad.

David Mayo's claiming he wrote NOT's drives him mad! God only knows how he feels about this. Remember that plants were sent in to break up Alan Walter's group (Greg and Debra Barnes).

I am not saying Mayo was not a good auditor or C/S. And I am certainly not condemning him as a person – after all, irrespective of his motives, he did play a large role in breaking the monopoly. I am saying he lied through his teeth when he said he discovered, developed and wrote NOTs.

Now, let the fur fly from both ends. I’ll be amused. I am simply relaying facts I witnessed. I am heading back to to my auditing room to audit some more pre-OTs, LRH style.

To quote Marty; "I am not saying Mayo was not a good Auditor" and "I am heading back to my auditing room to audit some more pre-OTs, LRH style". "after all, irrespective of his motives".

Rathbun must be worried sick about what David Mayo could one day disclose (and if he had the will he could find a way).

Worry on Rathbun.

:yes:

David Mayo probably knows a lot more than he has ever revealed. For Marty to try and step into his shoes is a joke. Marty can try and degrade him all he likes, and Marty can taunt him, knowing that he has had him silenced. The internet is not rife with stories of how David Mayo used to silence critics or how David Mayo used to run cruel and degrading sec checks on people. In Marty we have the anti-social personality.

That date/time stamp looks suspiciously like a default setting which might appear on a device at each start up on fresh batteries. My phone does the same thing.

Thank you!

Being completely delusional and in denial is really no way to go through life, Marty, but then again if you knew that, you wouldn't be a Scientologist, now would you?

-cut picture-

Not all Scientologists are like Marty Rathbun, nor are those that used to be in. As Tory says, most are nice people and still are whether they are a critic or otherwise.

Last edited:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
A quote from Jachs on another thread

With the venom ive read on martys blog from Rinder about David Mayo id say there are still comparable 'beliefs' held in agreement by DM and Rinder about the Mayo's.

Ah What is greatness? Keeping your mouth shut, each time you destroy a person of good will and "get away with it".

When the dirty truth comes out i think well hear a sweet silence.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...s-to-answer-Gerry-Armstrong-s-questions/page3

Marty on Gerry Armstrong

Marty Rathbun wrote:
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2009 9:15 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Apology Not Needed or Wanted

Gerry,
I have a hard time following your communication. There are some critical differences between you and I:
a) You were willing to lie and did. I'm not.
b) You decided to become a victim, and relish it so much you've continued to be one to this day. Everything you utter is through the prism of a victim and to the degree that it is refracted as such, it is false. I am devoted to helping people from entering the dark, dank dungeon of victim-hood.
c) You sold out twenty-three years ago - and are apparently still mad at yourself for the indelible taint it left. I will never sell out.
If you made a genuine reach to reverse the downward spiral a-c set you on then I'd be glad to assist in your about-face and ascent.
Marty

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
For what is worth, I just got these news fresh from Denmark:

"The little pgm I am in regarding Scientology will be shown tonite. It should have been last sunday, but then Gadaffi died. I just saw a teaser:

They have had a hidden camera in the church, where among other things, the reg, say that scientology can heal/repair what ever physical matters...

Some body is deffinitely going to RPF.

Robert Dams book The defector is nr. 4. on the bestsellerlist last week"

Marty's whole gig depends upon 4 fundamental predicates.

1. The rightness of “Source”.

2. Marty’s closeness to “Source”.

3. Marty’s rightness from closeness to “Source”.

4. The wrongness of others less close than Marty to “Source”.

Face :)

Exactly. :yes:

He's probably got a bt in the lrh valence dictating his actions for him.

Mark A. Baker

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Posted by Vittorio

snipped and bolded.

David Mayo probably knows a lot more than he has ever revealed. For Marty to try and step into his shoes is a joke. Marty can try and degrade him all he likes, and Marty can taunt him, knowing that he has had him silenced. The internet is not rife with stories of how David Mayo used to silence critics or how David Mayo used to run cruel and degrading sec checks on people. In Marty we have the anti-social personality.

I don't believe in the anti-social personality thingy ... and I feel for Marty to a degree because he was born into madness as a generational scientologist and is too deep into the mire now to ever successfully climb out (and he knows it) but he still chooses to utilise his training as a cofs bully boy and demands attention via his blog rantings while his sad little band of followers lap it up ... I doubt David Mayo would have joined ESMB if Marty had kept his gob shut.

David Mayo seems to be enjoying his well deserved freedom as an Ex with dignity and has made it pretty clear that, like most of us he did what he did (in the cofs) and created what he created as his post required him to, but as far as I can see (again like most of us) he now believes it was all utter bullshit anyway.

:coolwink:

Who knows whether there is a manuscript lurking somewhere that only David has control over, he's no egotistical, narcissistic, show pony and never was, so it would be worth reading!

:happydance: