What's new

Robert Sapolsky videos

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Robert Sapolsky is a neuroendocrinologist who has been studying primates for about thirty years. He has classes online available. He wrote the book Behave that tackles human behavior and digs into endocrinology and neuroscience and how our brains are constructed and everything from hormones to neurotransmitters to childhood and nutrition interact with genetics and other factors to influence or determine our behavior.

I read his book Behave and it is a tough, tough book but well worth the time and effort. The information is hard science based and deals with structures that are empirical and have been well established as observable and demonstrable. In it he describes studies and experiments with extreme detail. I cannot recommend his book highly enough for anyone that wants to see the scientific evidence and view on human behavior, particularly if you are leaving Scientology and want to get the other side of the coin.

I am going to put some of his videos here. I will start with some short ones.

3 Brain Systems That Control Your Behavior: Reptilian, Limbic, Neo Cortex | Robert Sapolsky

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
This video is over an hour and is an interview of Robert Sapolsky by Joe Rogan for his podcast. It is a great introduction to neuroendocrinology because Robert Sapolsky tailors his answers for Joe Rogan who obviously doesn't have a background in neuroscience or psychology or advanced science.