What's new

Rock Slam, by Sosumi Starr, a novel inspired by recovery from Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Rock Slam, by Sosumi Starr, a novel inspired by recovery from Scientology.

Amazon: Rock Slam: a cult novel (Eye of Needles Book 1)

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Slam-cult-novel-Needles-ebook/dp/B019P930YY/

51O8EPsGVmL._SX310_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Rock Slam: a cult novel (Eye of Needles Book 1) Kindle Edition

by Sosumi Starr (Author)

Kindle $3.99

Three women lost to humanity huddle together on the chill Oregon coast. If they are to heal each other’s fractured lives, they must heed the lesson imposed by a sinister crag rising from the sea.

A fictional book based on a true story, Rock Slam is one woman’s biography of pain and bliss, providing insight into families consumed by cults and forever scarred by evil. Through the blend of true life horror and crime, the workings of a cult and the minds of some captives may be understood.

The effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Stockholm Syndrome, and fractured personality occurring as a result of cult involvement are explored.

Product Details

File Size: 2242 KB
Print Length: 136 pages
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: Liber Sol Press; 1 edition (December 21, 2015)
Publication Date: December 21, 2015
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B019P930YY
Text-to-Speech: Enabled
X-Ray: Not Enabled
Word Wise: Not Enabled
Lending: Enabled
Enhanced Typesetting: Not Enabled

attachment.php

********************************************************************************

Sosumi Starr's Smashword Profile

https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/sosumi

Sosumi Starr

Biography

Sosumi wanders the universe seeking to right injustices through revealing truths kept hidden under oppression.

Books

Rock Slam by Sosumi Starr

Price: $3.99 USD. Words: 45,090. Language: English. Published: December 22, 2015 by House of Lit. Categories: Nonfiction » Religion and Spirituality » Scientology, Nonfiction » True Crime » Kidnapping, abduction, hostage taking

Three women lost to humanity huddle together on the chill Oregon coast. If they are to heal each other’s fractured lives, they must heed the lesson imposed by a sinister crag rising from the sea. Based on a true story, Rock Slam uses metaphor and narrative to relate one woman’s biography of pain and bliss, providing insight into families consumed by cults and forever scarred by evil.

EDITED TO ADD:

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Slam-cult-novel-Needles-ebook/dp/B019P930YY/

attachment.php

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD INTRODUCTION AND SAMPLE FROM SMASHWORDS

http://rtf-ebooks.com/_/_/600032/rock-slam

Rock Slam

a cult novel

Eye of Needles, Book I

sosumi starr

© Copyright 2015 Sosumi Starr

All Rights Reserved

SMASHWORDS EDITION

Smashwords Edition License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be resold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return it to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

This book is a work of fiction based on a true story. All characters and events are fictitious, except those which are the true experiences of the ex-cult member. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. No part, excerpt, image, or passage of this book or book cover may be reproduced or copied by anyone (including online libraries), in any medium, except for those expressly and explicitly allowed in writing from the author or publisher. For permission, contact [email protected].

Book Description

Three women lost to humanity huddle together on the chill Oregon coast. If they are to heal each other’s fractured lives, they must heed the lesson imposed by a sinister crag rising from the sea.

Based on a true story, Rock Slam uses metaphor and narrative to relate one woman’s biography of pain and bliss, providing insight into families consumed by cults and forever scarred by evil. Through the fictionalized blend of true life horror and crime, the workings of a cult and the minds of some captives may be understood.
The effects of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Stockholm Syndrome, and fractured personality occurring as a result of cult involvement are explored.

for Warrior

for the survivors and their families,
who could never understand

for Tim, for staying as long as he could

for my grandchildren,
who otherwise would never know the truth

for my parents, who endured

and most of all
for my lost children

In life, little happens by chance, and most bad hands we’re dealt are the consequence of our actions, which are shaped by our wisdom and our ignorance. In my experience, survival depends on hoping for the best while recognizing that disaster is more likely and that it can’t be averted if it can’t be imagined.
—Odd Thomas/Dean Koontz from Deeply Odd

You never wanted your children anyway.
—M. George

He with no spine has a snake for a backbone.
— Riley Hill’s Chinese Fortune Cookie

For those of you seduced by the need to follow God, to seek those greater spiritual states of being, who said enlightenment is not cruel? Who said Truth and Beauty bring Peace? All truth cannot lie, nor lies exist without truth. This is the Tao. Follow me through my tale so you can choose your path more wisely.
–The Tented Woman

Contents

Introduction

1. Suicide

2. Resurrection

3. Journals

4. Born Again Bums

5. Hidden Things

6. Secrets of the Sea

7. Living Without Mirrors

8. Hopes and Dreams

9. Imprint/In Print

Foreword

Chapter One The Road to Total Freedom

The Emotional Tone Scale

Suppressive Person

Tone 40

Chapter Two Beyond My Wildest Dreams

10. Spooky Stories

11. Don’t Think, Just Do

Chapter Three The Highest Honor

12. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Chapter Four The Silent Scream

13. Wrongful Death

14. Freedom

15. Have I Got a Bridge to Sell You!

Suggested Reading Material

For Families and Ex-cult Members

For Those Recovering from Cult Abuses

For Those Still Trapped and Their Families

Coming soon from Sosumi Starr

Introduction

Have you known an innocent and delightful person who suddenly turned and became someone you could not fathom? Have you wondered what goes through the mind of someone in a cult? Do you assert that you would never be susceptible to becoming involved in a cult? That only weak or vulnerable people get caught in their grips? Do you have a family member who is lost to a group or practice that you cannot understand? Do you grieve for what you gave up, are you trying to recover? Are you a survivor? Or a victim? If so, this book might be for you.

But if you live on the thin surface of life, believing only in the news, your church, the American Dream, apple pie, and that nothing, nothing, can ever shatter that; or if you are already captured by the mind-control techniques of your favorite cult and refuse to hear anything offered that does not come to you via your founder, your leader, your interpreter of God; you probably will not understand the insights this book offers.

Perhaps the truth writhes, buried under a layer of denial that terrible things could happen in the bright and shining USA—or your country—condoned by government, disregarded by law, and leaving the victim shunned by the general populace; the normal people. Can post traumatic stress disorder last a lifetime? A lot has been written for and about PTSD as regards service men and women, but not so much about others who have suffered the shocks and harrowing misadventures that bring their lives and livelihoods to their knees.

Chances are you will not like this story. But if you’re curious about true crime, what goes through the minds of cult members, or what can happen to those who are innocent and trusting in countries around the world, and if you can stand up to the truth that it’s happening every day in your neighborhood, you may be well-armed to read this book.

This book is a work of fiction based on a true story. It provides peeks into the workings of a mind trapped in a cult that, quite ironically, offers to free the planet of insanity, war, and crime. It is about the pain of being human and innocent. It is a trek to the dark side of what well-intentioned people can do to one another. Written in a literary style of plain English without much cult jargon, the author can only hope it helps at least one person to make a better choice.

Attachments

• RockSlamWhatPeopeAreSaying.PNG
    RockSlamWhatPeopeAreSaying.PNG
    25.9 KB · Views: 198
  • RockSlamDedication.PNG
    RockSlamDedication.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

EDITED AGAIN TO ADD INTRODUCTION AND SAMPLE FROM SMASHWORDS

http://rtf-ebooks.com/_/_/600032/rock-slam

Rock Slam

a cult novel

Eye of Needles, Book I

sosumi starr

© Copyright 2015 Sosumi Starr

All Rights Reserved

SMASHWORDS EDITION

Smashwords Edition License Notes

This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be resold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return it to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.

This book is a work of fiction based on a true story. All characters and events are fictitious, except those which are the true experiences of the ex-cult member. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. No part, excerpt, image, or passage of this book or book cover may be reproduced or copied by anyone (including online libraries), in any medium, except for those expressly and explicitly allowed in writing from the author or publisher. For permission, contact [email protected].

Book Description

Based on a true story, Rock Slam uses metaphor and narrative to relate one woman’s biography of pain and bliss, providing insight into families consumed by cults and forever scarred by evil. Through the fictionalized blend of true life horror and crime, the workings of a cult and the minds of some captives may be understood.

for Warrior

for the survivors and their families,
who could never understand

for Tim, for staying as long as he could

for my grandchildren,
who otherwise would never know the truth

for my parents, who endured

and most of all
for my lost children

In life, little happens by chance, and most bad hands we’re dealt are the consequence of our actions, which are shaped by our wisdom and our ignorance. In my experience, survival depends on hoping for the best while recognizing that disaster is more likely and that it can’t be averted if it can’t be imagined.
—Odd Thomas/Dean Koontz from Deeply Odd

You never wanted your children anyway.
—M. George

He with no spine has a snake for a backbone.
— Riley Hill’s Chinese Fortune Cookie

For those of you seduced by the need to follow God, to seek those greater spiritual states of being, who said enlightenment is not cruel? Who said Truth and Beauty bring Peace? All truth cannot lie, nor lies exist without truth. This is the Tao. Follow me through my tale so you can choose your path more wisely.
–The Tented Woman

Contents

Introduction

1. Suicide

2. Resurrection

3. Journals

4. Born Again Bums

5. Hidden Things

6. Secrets of the Sea

7. Living Without Mirrors

8. Hopes and Dreams

9. Imprint/In Print

Foreword

Chapter One The Road to Total Freedom

The Emotional Tone Scale

Suppressive Person

Tone 40

Chapter Two Beyond My Wildest Dreams

10. Spooky Stories

11. Don’t Think, Just Do

Chapter Three The Highest Honor

12. Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Chapter Four The Silent Scream

13. Wrongful Death

14. Freedom

15. Have I Got a Bridge to Sell You!

Suggested Reading Material

For Families and Ex-cult Members

For Those Recovering from Cult Abuses

For Those Still Trapped and Their Families

Coming soon from Sosumi Starr

Introduction

Have you known an innocent and delightful person who suddenly turned and became someone you could not fathom? Have you wondered what goes through the mind of someone in a cult? Do you assert that you would never be susceptible to becoming involved in a cult? That only weak or vulnerable people get caught in their grips? Do you have a family member who is lost to a group or practice that you cannot understand? Do you grieve for what you gave up, are you trying to recover? Are you a survivor? Or a victim? If so, this book might be for you.

But if you live on the thin surface of life, believing only in the news, your church, the American Dream, apple pie, and that nothing, nothing, can ever shatter that; or if you are already captured by the mind-control techniques of your favorite cult and refuse to hear anything offered that does not come to you via your founder, your leader, your interpreter of God; you probably will not understand the insights this book offers.

Perhaps the truth writhes, buried under a layer of denial that terrible things could happen in the bright and shining USA—or your country—condoned by government, disregarded by law, and leaving the victim shunned by the general populace; the normal people. Can post traumatic stress disorder last a lifetime? A lot has been written for and about PTSD as regards service men and women, but not so much about others who have suffered the shocks and harrowing misadventures that bring their lives and livelihoods to their knees.

Chances are you will not like this story. But if you’re curious about true crime, what goes through the minds of cult members, or what can happen to those who are innocent and trusting in countries around the world, and if you can stand up to the truth that it’s happening every day in your neighborhood, you may be well-armed to read this book.

This book is a work of fiction based on a true story. It provides peeks into the workings of a mind trapped in a cult that, quite ironically, offers to free the planet of insanity, war, and crime. It is about the pain of being human and innocent. It is a trek to the dark side of what well-intentioned people can do to one another. Written in a literary style of plain English without much cult jargon, the author can only hope it helps at least one person to make a better choice.

freethinker

Sponsor
The statement below has far greater implications than most people will ever realize. Most people do not realize the extent of cult permeation throughout the world. They think it only affects a certain few unfortunate people without realizing it reaches everyone on the planet without exception.

"But if you live on the thin surface of life, believing only in the news, your church, the American Dream, apple pie, and that nothing, nothing, can ever shatter that; or if you are already captured by the mind-control techniques of your favorite cult and refuse to hear anything offered that does not come to you via your founder, your leader, your interpreter of God; you probably will not understand the insights this book offers."

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
Well, this is wonderful.
Its promises to be a lonely and quiet Christmas here.
This is just the ticket!

Thank you!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 32

Purple Rain

Crusader
Okay, I have finished reading it - the first non-audio book I have read in forever!

I'm not totally sure I understand it all, but it gave me goose bumps and I can't wait for the second one in the series.

It also made me really understand why never-ins judge exes so harshly.

But mostly it is a book about about every woman who ever joined that hell hole with children. There are a couple of just brilliant quotes towards the end.

Even with her trying to explain how you just can't leave - you have to escape - I still don't think you can ever truly explain that feeling of being watched and guarded to never-ins. Even as a cultie, there's this judgmental "How could you be so stupid?" thing that rises up in you - even having been so stupid myself.

It reminds me of the other week, Tom and I were having a fight, and he was like, "You want someone to punish and abuse you, but you'll have to find somebody else because I truly do love you and I'm not going to do that."

And I read the book, and I thought, "Yes, he's right!"

CommunicatorIC

From WarriorMark on WWP:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/ro...ecovery-from-scientology.130936/#post-2573214

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

As far as I know, I am the original anti-Scientology activist to use the nick 'Warrior'. I first began using my chosen nick back in May of 1997 on the newsgroups alt.religion.scientology and alt.binaries.scientology. Prior to posting as 'Warrior', I used various anonymous remailers and user names. A few that I recall are 'Miss X' [email protected], 'anonymous' anonymous@anonymous.com, and 'nobody' [email protected]. The change to using 'Warrior' came about due to the fact that one Sunday in May of 1997 when I came home from a weekend camping trip and tried to dial up and connect to the 'net, I learned that my ISP had stopped providing Internet access with no warning. The company simply decided to get out of the ISP business without telling me! I got a new ISP (Electrotex) and began posting as 'Warrior'. I chose 'Warrior' as my user name for a couple of reasons. My name, 'Mark', is derived from Mars, the god of war. I've long been into etymology, and that's the origin of my name. Look up 'Mark' in most dictionaries of names, and the definition is 'brave warrior' or 'warlike'.

Since May of 1997 I have never made my true identity a secret. Even back in the middle of 1997 when I began posting to a.r.s. as 'Warrior', I made no attempt to hide my identity. In my postings archived at http://warrior.xenu.ca I publicly disclosed many, many details about my years in Scientology and the Sea Org, the posts I held, friends I worked with, locations where I was on staff, etc. I did this knowing full well that it would take OSA about 10 seconds to find out who I am. All that would be necessary is to look at a crew list for ASHO Day and look at who was in Treasury. Posting as 'Warrior' was truly liberating. Shortly before coming out as 'Warrior' I had already decided to make the switch from being anonymous because I found that posting anonymously was too limiting. I wanted to tell my story -- all of it. I didn't want to hold back on anything. And being anonymous (and fearing OSA) had been too limiting. I wanted to name names. I wanted to talk about specific instances of abuse, fraud, deception, fair game, and other evil bullshit., and coming out as 'Warrior' helped free me from my earlier self-imposed restraints.

One humorous story... One night on a.r.s., some OSA goon made a post in which I was identified by name. The idiot thought he/she was being so clever and 'outing' me! Lol. The fact is, I had handed OSA my identity in a few of my posts by mentioning early on that I had worked in ASHO Day Treasury with Jim Chapman, John Bostrom, and David Pyatt. In a Treasury division manned by only four staff members, it doesn't take long to figure out the name of the fourth (and unnamed) person when all OSA had to do is pull up an ASHO Day crew list.

All the best,
Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
Scientology: it's about deception.

* * * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/ro...ecovery-from-scientology.130936/#post-2573215

* * * * * BEGIN QUOTATION * * * * *

By the way, Sosumi Star is an old and very dear friend of mine. Our time on staff in the Sea Org goes way back to 1978. She is an exceptional lady, and I'm proud to call her my friend. Please buy her book. I found it riveting even though I knew much of her story already.

All the best,
Warrior - Sunshine disinfects
Scientology: it's about deception

* * * * * END QUOTATION * * * * *