What's new

Rockyslammer Reality Adjustment thread

Good twin

Floater
I really like your "...something to believe in ..." quote --very much!

Thank you Sir. It's been a long road. May I take this opportunity to thank you for passing my TRs tape on Christmas Eve so I could complete my Sup Internship and go home to be with my family? I got a lot of mileage out of being able to tell people that I got my TRs passed by David Mayo. :coolwink:

Sorry for your loss.

I look forward to reading your posts. Watching all the little tidbits of information fall into place is not only interesting, but it's helpful as well.
It helps us see more of the entire history of what actually did occur. The cult has been lying and covering up the truth for years and now we have Rat and Rin doing the same thing. Why else would Robin, David and Julie show up all of a sudden?

Thanks to those of you stand up and tell the truth of what happened. It's really nice to see it happen.

I was looking for a way to put this into words myself---about the "entire history of what actually did occur." I am thinking The Whole Picture. Seeing more and more of the whole picture is very therapeudic IMO. It allows for more and more (self) integration and reduces more and more cognitive dissonance. Even people who were never at INT or Flag or in the SO, who are fully out of scientology and not traumatised in any way still get benefit by knowing how the whole thing played out from top to bottom, and probably a lot more so for ex INT ex SO and long time cult public.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Rocky, you say that being an ex is enough. And perhaps it is as a 1st Dynamic solution. But what about my daughter, whom I haven't fucking seen in 27 years? Am I not to tell other parents about Scn's Disconnection policies?
What about these poor guys that were RPFd? Are they to keep mum about that? What about people who have spent their lives chasing a dream that left them penniless, used up, and on the street? Are we not to talk about Scn's abuse of the elderly? What about the poor minor children in the Cadet Orgs? Will no one speak out for them?
Did I misunderstand your post?

chlng

He didn't say to not speak out. He said to try not to kill each other.

There are many ways to present facts. One can be blunt and courteous at the same time.

Ordo Xenous

Patron
Rocky, you say that being an ex is enough. And perhaps it is as a 1st Dynamic solution. But what about my daughter, whom I haven't fucking seen in 27 years? Am I not to tell other parents about Scn's Disconnection policies?
What about these poor guys that were RPFd? Are they to keep mum about that? What about people who have spent their lives chasing a dream that left them penniless, used up, and on the street? Are we not to talk about Scn's abuse of the elderly? What about the poor minor children in the Cadet Orgs? Will no one speak out for them?
Did I misunderstand your post?

chlng

Seconded. I've seen the sentiment from many exes that they are moving on with their life and don't feel Scientology is worth fighting/bringing to justice.

Although I can very well understand the need to move on in one's life, there are still people out there thoroughly manipulated and ruined. Belittling the fight against the cult does them a disservice.

It's up to you, but I think the information should be out there so people can pick their truths by themselves.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I didn't see that the op said that information about the cult's abuses and shitty policies and people's experiences should not be presented.

OK you asked for it

This has been written before but I'm going to write it again. It is about the "birth" of the Wall of Fire or OT3. As you know I have been in close contact with many scns who were immediately in lrh's close vicinity. Tech guys and gals, and friends, and carers. People who personally witnessed day to day happenings. I trust my sources without hesitation.

I don't have dates (I never do!). However Gene Denck was providing "drugs" to lrh on a consistent basis. As Denck was deeply involved I guess he couldn't say no to lrh's requests. From all accounts Denck was a nice guy and good doctor.

Anyway ot3 was a direct result of one heavy duty "dream" that lrh had after a drug session. It's not unreasonable for him to dream space opera as lrh had been into space fantasy for decades. So OT3 - a drug induced hallucination! That is why the specifics on ot3 are so sketchy!

It's interesting to know why people continued with this after knowing how it was hatched. In my own case I somehow justified it as lrh being the one to "break through" - after all I thought somebody had to.

Personally I didn't go for the ot3 incident but thought the bt and cluster stuff might have some validity. I did try to run it even after I knew about lrh and drugs.

I guess it was a few years before I discovered you had better results scanning for "purple people eaters" rather that bt's. True - I did that.

After that I gave my meter away - burned all my scn material and haven't looked back.

More to come - this is a taster

This has been written before but I'm going to write it again.

This bears repeating ...

An account by Alan Walter of the origin of OT III: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ing-OT-III&p=16183&highlight=cherub#post16183

A corroboration by Dart Smohen: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...ing-OT-III&p=63144&highlight=palmas#post63144

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...I&p=489867&highlight=church+cherub#post489867

Paul's Rabbit, where a compilation of the whole of their combined posts on this topic can be found under the title "Dart Smohen: The Real Story
Additional Commentary by Alan C. Walter ": http://paulsrabbit.com/

The specific pdf download of the Paul's Rabbit compilation: http://paulsrabbit.com/DartSmohenRealStory_20081216.pdf

Paul's Rabbit contains many other interesting tidbits, and warrants some time allotted for inspection.

Mark A. Baker

Last edited:

MattD

Patron with Honors
Re: OK you asked for it

This has been written before but I'm going to write it again. It is about the "birth" of the Wall of Fire or OT3. As you know I have been in close contact with many scns who were immediately in lrh's close vicinity. Tech guys and gals, and friends, and carers. People who personally witnessed day to day happenings. I trust my sources without hesitation.

I don't have dates (I never do!). However Gene Denck was providing "drugs" to lrh on a consistent basis. As Denck was deeply involved I guess he couldn't say no to lrh's requests. From all accounts Denck was a nice guy and good doctor.

Dr Denk graduated med school in '74, and finished his residency in '77, well after the release of OT3 in 67, so you can't rightly pin this on him. He was a caring doc and decent guy. May he RIP.

Anyway ot3 was a direct result of one heavy duty "dream" that lrh had after a drug session. It's not unreasonable for him to dream space opera as lrh had been into space fantasy for decades. So OT3 - a drug induced hallucination! That is why the specifics on ot3 are so sketchy!

It's interesting to know why people continued with this after knowing how it was hatched. In my own case I somehow justified it as lrh being the one to "break through" - after all I thought somebody had to.

Personally I didn't go for the ot3 incident but thought the bt and cluster stuff might have some validity. I did try to run it even after I knew about lrh and drugs.

I guess it was a few years before I discovered you had better results scanning for "purple people eaters" rather that bt's. True - I did that.

After that I gave my meter away - burned all my scn material and haven't looked back.

More to come - this is a taster

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Dr Denk graduated med school in '74, and finished his residency in '77, well after the release of OT3 in 67, so you can't rightly pin this on him. He was a caring doc and decent guy. May he RIP.

Thanks for that information. I had a feeling there was something not right with this story. Denk was around for Hubbard's death. I had never read anywhere that he was around in 67/68 for OT III.

Rockyslammer. You story doesn't add up.

... Rockyslammer. You story doesn't add up.

I'd say it's a bit 'garbled' take on the events as reported by Alan Walter & Dart Smohen. The 'Gene Denk' connection is 'added inapplicable' as it is highly unlikely that Dr. Denk, for reasons previously mentioned, had anything to do with the events as they transpired. Otherwise, Rocky's indirect account is not particularly dissimilar to Dart's 1st hand account of what happened in the Canary Islands. Hubbard's use of drugs is attested to by Dart, Alan, & several others.

See, for example: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...n-OT-III&p=489638&highlight=palmas#post489638

Mark A. Baker

thankfully non of what I say will be first hand!! I was never there and I never met hubbard or miscavidge.

Also what was told to me is a blardy long time ago and has mostly been parked in a part of my memory that hasn't been accessed for ages.

My apologies to Denk for this mistake.

My whole purpose here and retelling of this is to wean peeps off this insanity. It's slightly understandable that current scns will believe ot3 but the fzers? What is that all about?

I freely admit that my memory is fallible and so am I. However I think the crux of anything I may write will be accurate.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
:unsure:
thankfully non of what I say will be first hand!! I was never there and I never met hubbard or miscavidge.

Also what was told to me is a blardy long time ago and has mostly been parked in a part of my memory that hasn't been accessed for ages.

My apologies to Denk for this mistake.

My whole purpose here and retelling of this is to wean peeps off this insanity. It's slightly understandable that current scns will believe ot3 but the fzers? What is that all about?

I freely admit that my memory is fallible and so am I. However I think the crux of anything I may write will be accurate.

I agree - please continue. :drama:

My personal belief is that everybody's story is important and that the truth really has to be determined by the individual based on as much information as possible.

That's why I'm happy to read Rathbun's blog (but I draw the line at suffering through SOME of the "choir") as he does have valid points he raises.

Regardless of any "errors" you may make, I urge you to continue please Rocky. :D