What's new

Ron DeWolf on Scientology Missions

TheSpectator

Patron with Honors
While listening to "1982 CW Scientology Hearings - Ron DeWolf - Day 1" today I heard a statement from DeWolf near the end that caught my attention. At 1:00:14 DeWolf is asked if anyone could open a mission and pay their 10% franchise fee. DeWolf says yes, anyone can. Then (surprise) he mentions that if mission holders didn't pay their 10% they would revoke the mission certificates, or force them to come in for more training, or spread the word that the mission didn't have the latest technology!

I've been wondering what strategy Miscavige was using for the Ideal Orgs and GAT 2. This is it! The same play Hubbard made on earlier missions: Pay up or will cut you off!

Same mafia shit. Different day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elFdBCldOz4

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I have no idea but that is a good question.

I suspect there are fewer missions in the USA than there were years ago. I suspect there are more outside the USA. Maybe someone knows... but from what I have heard the current emphasis has been on intro services and then sending them to the orgs..

Sindy

Crusader
From my experience, what he's done is pillage and plunder the missions until there's nothing left. The way that he has done this is by giving the org staff such horrendous targets that they have to go to the missions and rip off the public for whatever they can get.

In Chicago, all the mission staff were recruit pools for the org. No one cared about them or their success. They were totally ripped apart, regged for the IAS and turned into org staff members. The missions have no chance unless they defy management.

While I was still there, the CO SMI EUS just plain disappeared.

TheSpectator

Patron with Honors
From my experience, what he's done is pillage and plunder the missions until there's nothing left. The way that he has done this is by giving the org staff such horrendous targets that they have to go to the missions and rip off the public for whatever they can get.

In Chicago, all the mission staff were recruit pools for the org. No one cared about them or their success. They were totally ripped apart, regged for the IAS and turned into org staff members. The missions have no chance unless they defy management.

While I was still there, the CO SMI EUS just plain disappeared.

Yep, I think you're right. Miscavige is pretty much done with missions. They're still around and recruiting new mission holders, but essential it's an abandoned area.

Miscavige will use the same blackmail on Orgs. He's already isolated them and made Flag the source of GAT2. I doubt the new trainees who've recently returned to their orgs will get much support from Flag.