Ron The War Hero

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
This was one of the first critical sites I read as I was getting out in 2000.

After reading this, things really started to collapse for me as a Scientologist. It's written by an historian and provides the actual war record of LRH, made available to public record after his death in 1986.

Very well documented, indisputable evidence that L Ron Hubbard was a major liar.

Last edited:

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah I want to hear this too.

That was a very informational site to visit.

Place: English Channel.

Event: Escaping from England on the Royal Scotsman.

Date: Mid November 1967.

LRH and I were chatting as we sailed down the English Channel....we were just off the coast of France.

We were leaning on the port railing, LRH was regailing me with his war stories of how he was in the Atlantic Convoys and they were picking up frozen dead bodies in the life boats from the torpedoed ships during WW II.

I said: "I thought you were in the Pacific!"

I felt him fill up with anger - but as he was about to say something - I put my hand up and told him to keep quiet - he stopped.

I pointed out to him we were very close to the shore....as I could hear breakers.....then I pointed out to him a line of white waves breaking on rocks about 60 yards from the ship.....he raced off and tore up to the bridge and steered us away from the rocks.

We had drifted off course and nearly run onto the rocks.......

I think I missed a w/h! :)

Alan

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Place: English Channel.

Event: Escaping from England on the Royal Scotsman.

Date: Mid November 1967.

LRH and I were chatting as we sailed down the English Channel....we were just off the coast of France.

We were leaning on the port railing, LRH was regailing me with his war stories of how he was in the Atlantic Convoys and they were picking up frozen dead bodies in the life boats from the torpedoed ships during WW II.

I said: "I thought you were in the Pacific!"

I felt him fill up with anger - but as he was about to say something - I put me hand up and told him to keep quiet - he stopped.

I pointed out to him we were very close to the shore....as I could hear breakers.....then I pointed out to him a line of white waves breaking on rocks about 60 yards from the ship.....he raced off and tore up to the bridge and steered us away from the rocks.

We had drifted off course and nearly run onto the rocks.......

I think I missed a w/h! :)

Alan

If only you hadn't stopped him. Don't you know the meaning of sacrifice?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Did he seem to have any idea at all that he was spinning yarns, with a bit of a sly wink?

Spinning yarns?

Sly wink?

What kind of guy do you know who goes off and starts lying about his exploits, and not just small lies, whole novellas of lies. All to impress you about what a great and powerful HERO he is?

And then, he takes those lies and sells you Dianetics with them?

Remember?

"I was blinded and crippled by shrapnel at the end of the war, abandoned by family :melodramatic:, and I used Dianetics to heal myself."

It's still used, to this day, to lie about the results of Dianetics and Scientology to recruit new people on the tape "The Story of Dianetics and Scientology".

That was the first tape I ever heard in Scientology - Ron lying through his teeth to get me to sign up and become a Scientologist.

It disgusts me. I put myself in his shoes, and I think about how I would have to see other people and the whole thing in order to lie like that, over and over, continually.

I would have to be a major lying con man to do something like that, and to keep doing it, without ever correcting myself, for 36 years. In every book I wrote, and many lectures I sold and resold - never correcting it, always keeping it going.

Think about it.

Spinning yarns?

A sly wink?

OT? Clear? billion year slave contracts? fair game? bankruptcies? ruining people's lives?....

No.

Major lying evil fucking con man.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Spinning yarns?

Sly wink?

What kind of guy do you know who goes off and starts lying about his exploits, and not just small lies, whole novellas of lies. All to impress you about what a great and powerful HERO he is?

And then, he takes those lies and sells you Dianetics with them?

Remember?

"I was blinded and crippled by shrapnel at the end of the war, abandoned by family :melodramatic:, and I used Dianetics to heal myself."

It's still used, to this day, to lie about the results of Dianetics and Scientology to recruit new people on the tape "The Story of Dianetics and Scientology".

That was the first tape I ever heard in Scientology - Ron lying through his teeth to get me to sign up and become a Scientologist.

It disgusts me. I put myself in his shoes, and I think about how I would have to see other people and the whole thing in order to lie like that, over and over, continually.

I would have to be a major lying con man to do something like that, and to keep doing it, without ever correcting myself, for 36 years. In every book I wrote, and many lectures I sold and resold - never correcting it, always keeping it going.

Think about it.

Spinning yarns?

A wink and a nod?

No.

Major lying con man.

My thought was Hubbard was talking to someone he knew, and who knew him. I was wondering if there was ANY sort of understanding that he was spouting off, telling a story. You are probably right, everyone was a mark to Hubbard. But he had to know Alan was not going to fall for it.

GoButtonIsBlowButton

Patron with Honors
I'd posted these as examples of Pompous...

Dianetics is a milestone for man comparable to his discovery of fire and superior to his invention of the wheel and arch.

The hidden source of all psychosomatic ills and human aberration has been discovered, and skills have been developed for their invariable cure.

The skills offered in the handbook will produce the Dianetic Release, an individual who has been freed from his major anxieties or illnesses.

The study of and training in Dianetics will prepare you for the attainment of even higher states of existence in Scientology.

Dianetics sets forth the non-germ theory of disease, embracing, it has been estimated by competent physicians, the cure of some seventy per cent of man's pathology.

Eye glasses, nervous twitches, tensions, all of these things stem from an unwillingness to confront. When that unwillingness is repaired, these, disabilities tend to disappear.

Scientology does things for people where nothing has been done before. It makes people well from illnesses which were once considered hopeless. It increases their intelligence. One outstanding thing which it does: it alleviates burns received from Atomic Bombs. Scientology is the only specific cure for radiation (atomic bomb) burns.

Tens of thousands of case histories (reports on patients, individual records) all sworn to (attested before public officials) are in the possession of the organization.

AND THE BEST ONE: Humbly tendered as a gift to Man.

This guy could not simply say, "I've discovered some very helpful things." Or "I served in World War II." An amazingly insecure person.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
My thought was Hubbard was talking to someone he knew, and who knew him. I was wondering if there was ANY sort of understanding that he was spouting off, telling a story. You are probably right, everyone was a mark to Hubbard. But he had to know Alan was not going to fall for it.

Hubbard was withing hours of being arrested and extradited to the US, where he was wanted for tax evasion, when we stole out of Southhampton at 2.30 a.m.

I truly do not believe he could separate fact from fiction at that time.

Alan

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard was withing hours of being arrested and extradited to the US, where he was wanted for tax evasion, when we stole out of Southhampton at 2.30 a.m.

I truly do not believe he could separate fact from fiction at that time.

Alan

Wow. In 1967.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is easily verifiable as it was the major headline front page news story in most English Newspapers.

The stories would be archived - date mid November 1967.

I am not challenging your story. Just a bit surprised his issues were happening that early.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am not challenging your story. Just a bit surprised his issues were happening that early.

I did not feel challenged :)

LRH had a bad habit of spending all the money - consequently he did not pay his taxes - that was the reason he moved to Saint Hill, England.

Much of his paranoia was caused by him violating the law.

Most of the stories against Governments Agencies were because of his own missed withholds. :omg:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

"The Story of Dianetics and Scientology" the tape where he tells the story of being blinded and crippled by shrapnel during combat and taken to Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, where he worked on other patients and cured himself with the beginnings of Dn, is dated 1951, IIRC.

Yes, his "issues" were happening very early - way earlier than 1967.

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
"The Story of Dianetics and Scientology" the tape where he tells the story of being blinded and crippled by shrapnel during combat and taken to Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, where he worked on other patients and cured himself with the beginnings of Dn, is dated 1951, IIRC.

Yes, his "issues" were happening very early - way earlier than 1967.

True. But there are some things in the system that work. I had imagined that he had recovered somewhat, before descending again into that delusion. I guess I was wrong.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've been reading this thread and getting a little worked up. What a disgusting thing to do to cash in on the misery of a tragic event - WWII. My father was a WWII man - I understand to some degree how these old chaps thought. Firstly none of the men I knew/know bragged. Not once! Quite the opposite - dad never spoke of the horrors he saw. He protected us with his silence. The most they might do is quietly talk to each other about a few things.

The average veteran was humbled by the tragedy that unfolded before them. There are many many stories of men/women who never spoke of their war years.

For hubbard to build a marketing campaign based on the misery that men like my father saw, man that is, God what is the word I'm looking for...

If my father knew the story of hubbard's lies of his so-called heroic war efforts, all in the name of building an "empire" for world-domination, to satisfy his lust for attention, I'm sure dad would have thrashed the hell out of hubbard. Dad was not a violent man but something like this would have tipped him over the edge.

Hubbard is a traitor to all the men like my dad and the millions of other young men and women who gave their lives to the horrendous events of WWII. Hubbard a hero? Not for one God damn second!

Hubbard will go down in history as the only person who took the tragic events of WWII and spun them into a money-grabbing cult.

Whew good I got that off my chest.