What's new

Ron The War Hero

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I wonder what Tom Cruise really thinks about the quality of tech films?

Or Paul Haggis?

Or any other Scientologist who is really in the business of making films?

Zander

Patron with Honors
I wonder what Tom Cruise really thinks about the quality of tech films?

Or Paul Haggis?

Or any other Scientologist who is really in the business of making films?

Easy, they think they great, wonderful, magnificent, on-source, wonderfully made, beautifully shot, superb acting, putting scn there, guaranteeing our future for all eternity and ---> pleace more hyperbole here <----

Could they allow themselves to think otherwise?

*Double-think at work.

Zander

*Quote from '1984' describing double-think:

"To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies"

Last edited:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Easy, they think they great, wonderful, magnificent, on-source, wonderfully made, beautifully shot, superb acting, putting scn there, guaranteeing our future for all eternity and ---> pleace more hyperbole here <----

Double-think at work.

Zander

I know. But there's got to come a point. I mean when you written and directed something like "Crash", and then you go in and watch the TRs film on your 5th Pro TRs Retread. You've got to be sitting there going "oh my god...."

Ya know?

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron

Double-think at work.

Zander

Did Milton Katselas (I think that was his name) direct Butterflys are Free and premiere it on board?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
*Quote from '1984' describing double-think:

<QUOTE>
"To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just so long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies"
</QUOTE>

Good one.

Eric Blair is my hero.

Zander

Patron with Honors
I know. But there's got to come a point. I mean when you written and directed something like "Crash", and then you go in and watch the TRs film on your 5th Pro TRs Retread. You've got to be sitting there going "oh my god...."

Ya know?

I don't know what rationalization they use, but there's got to be something.

There can only be so many "oh my god's" without there being 'ethics' trouble ahead.

Zander

Zander

Patron with Honors
I don't know what rationalization they use, but there's got to be something.

There can only be so many "oh my god's" without there being 'ethics' trouble ahead.

Zander

Oh, I've thought of one: "these movies were directed before the 'basics' came out and now we've got the 'basics' this will revolutionise the tech films and all future ones will be so much better. "

Xander

Veda

Sponsor
Oh, the old "Excalabur" chestnut again.

Apparently, Gerry Armstrong reports he saw a copy of the manuscript in Hubbard's papers at Hubbard's hideout. :omg:

Back in late 1968, Hubbard directly told me the Excalabur story was a complete fabrication in order to create some mystique about his persona. (Not in those exact words). I had no reason to doubt what Hubbard said.

Now it turns out he may have either been lying, or had become confused about the legend he had created about himself. :confused2:

Either way, doea anyone out there have anything they can contribute to this story?

DS

I think Gerry Armstrong said there were 2 1/2 versions, and Omar Garrison also witnessed the same.

There are also atleast 3 or 4 different stories, from Hubbard, re. 'Excalibur', a.k.a. 'The One Command'.

What all these stories, or "explanations" have in common is that they begin with someone saying, "Can I see a copy of 'Excalibur'?" And Hubbard responding [insert story #1, #2, #3, etc.] with "No."

You received the same "It never existed" story that was told to Jack Horner. Others received the "The KGB took the only copy," story; others were told it was very complicated and about the brain, etc. Apparently, some were even told that it contained the entire Scientology Bridge, as envisioned by Ron, and hastily written down, after his 1) Dying on the operating table twice and coming back 2) Dying on the operating table once and coming back.

According to Omar Garrison/Gerry Armstrong, it was written after a nitrous oxide experience at the dentist.

Probably would be interesting to read. One thing is certain: Hubbard didn't want anyone to read it.

http://xenu.net/archive/oca/burks.html

paradox

ab intra silentio vera

Others received the "The KGB took the only copy," story; ...

There was a story floating around in the CL IV org where I got into Scn in mid '75 about his having foiled an attack in his sleep one night, with his attacker intending to plunge a syringe into his heart in order to create an air bubble so that his death would appear to be a heart attack by embolism. My recall isn't so clear on it anymore but I think the perpetrator in the story was supposed to have been a KGB agent; I'm not sure if this was supposed to have been connected with the theft of the purported Excal doc or not, but seems like it was. Also, I vaguely recall his mentioning some type of similar incident in an early 50'ish issue of some sort but I could be wide of the mark.

Oh, the wild o-tee stories that floated around that org around that time. What a circus. Past visits from Ron mockups to the org in disguise. Not actually him "bringing a body," just a good solid mockup of one in disguise; he did this periodically at all the orgs, checking up on them, dummy runs, and the like doncha' know. :dance3:

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
There was a story floating around in the CL IV org where I got into Scn in mid '75 about his having foiled an attack in his sleep one night, with his attacker intending to plunge a syringe into his heart in order to create an air bubble so that his death would appear to be a heart attack by embolism. My recall isn't so clear on it anymore but I think the perpetrator in the story was supposed to have been a KGB agent; I'm not sure if this was supposed to have been connected with the theft of the purported Excal doc or not, but seems like it was. Also, I vaguely recall his mentioning some type of similar incident in an early 50'ish issue of some sort but I could be wide of the mark.

Oh, the wild o-tee stories that floated around that org around that time. What a circus. Past visits from Ron mockups to the org in disguise. Not actually him "bringing a body," just a good solid mockup of one in disguise; he did this periodically at all the orgs, checking up on them, dummy runs, and the like doncha' know. :dance3:

I think he was grateful the aliens didn't abduct him. Or did they??:confused2: :unsure:

paradox

ab intra silentio vera
I think he was grateful the aliens didn't abduct him. Or did they??:confused2: :unsure:

:coolwink: :)

Took me two or three years to "cognite" on the hidden standard I'd manufactured and been carrying around wrt o-tees; not to mention the mwh's on my b-a-a-d thoughts. :omg: :nervous:

S

songbyrd

Mick, what I meant by worked is that I had wins and got something out of it (dia/scio), that my life improved because of it.

But I also agree with that just growing up and maturing had a lot to do with it, and I did get into Scientology quite young.