What's new

Ruminations

He-man

Hero extraordinary
More revisionist history and plausible deniability - from a faulty memory, no less - to obfuscate and distract from the criminal and abusive history of one of the most fanatical people to ever be in Scientology.

We are not "all Mike Rinder", Lulu.

None of us are.
“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

― Friedrich W. Nietzsche

:floor:

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
More revisionist history and plausible deniability - from a faulty memory, no less - to obfuscate and distract from the criminal and abusive history of one of the most fanatical people to ever be in Scientology.

None of us are.
Oh, I don't know. How do you know for certain that one of us isn't Mike Rinder?

Dotey OT

Cyclops Duck of the North - BEWARE
I have to say, moreover, that Dan Sherman (The Shermanator) was the bestus speaker in the whole world, and can you tell that from my style of writing wherein there is never the use of a period, and sentences run on, and on, and on, ad nauseum, until you think you understand what he is talking about is no longer what he is talking about, but then again there is a bigger story from the bigger picture which tells you more about the man than you really want to know, and that is the bigger story of tonight, that we now all get to stand up and give a hand to Puff E Face!!!

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

None of us are.
Put another way, it's not JUST Mike Rinder.

EVERYBODY who knew of felonies had a duty to report, under federal law

18 U.S. Code § 4. Misprision of felony

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Tanchi

Patron with Honors
Put another way, it's not JUST Mike Rinder.

EVERYBODY who knew of felonies had a duty to report, under federal law

18 U.S. Code § 4. Misprision of felony

Whoever, having knowledge of the actual commission of a felony cognizable by a court of the United States, conceals and does not as soon as possible make known the same to some judge or other person in civil or military authority under the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
Smuggling, human trafficking (holding passports), so many things....

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
That scenario would work if Arnie's profile had been an admin of the group at the time the group was closed. But Arnie wasn't an admin, so that is not possible.

I've seen someone else give the same explanation for the original group's closure on the new Scientology Deprogramming group, but it was stated as if it is a fact. It's no more a fact than if he said the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.
Just a little astronomy here.. The sun doesn't rise and set...the world spins and points on the globe gradually face towards and away from the sun.

By the way it is great to see you posting more.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm late to the conversation. But I do think many people simply would not do the things that Rinder and other OSA personnel did. I know I wouldn't. This is not because I'm morally superior! It's because I never would have been given the post: I was almost always in lower conditions, even when my stats were in affluence or power. I never could shake the truth, which was that I was INVESTIGATING scientology. I was not convinced of the rightness of Hubbard or the Church, and so I questioned everything that I was told to do that violated my previous understanding. I think the only way you get those posts is by either being a "True Believer", or by being a cynical manipulator.

Thank nature or someone that some people can see that what they once believed in was in error and can let go of that belief and escape from it and rebuild. The cynical manipulator I think is far less likely to do so in my experiences

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I think you're right. It still would have been under the "CMO Int" umbrella, I'm pretty sure.

People in the higher echelons went from one stratosphere to the other. I think they were still considered "messengers" even if they were posted in HU or RTC or wherever, so it's still CMO Int.

I remember hearing, though, that if you were posted at ASI, you had to "resign" from the Sea Org because ASI was a "secular" org. Does anyone else remember that? Maybe Chuck Beatty can verify. He was ASI staff at one time.
LOL about resigning from the Sea Org....Sure it probably was claimed as done, but then again the Sea Organization has claimed it is not an entity..yet people sign Sea Organization contracts. It is all the stuff of Lewis Caroll Sea Org in Delusionland.
Along the same line as Scientology 'church doesn't have membership so they have IAS membership instead. What a load.
I even read somewhere that Captain David Miscavige resigned the Sea Org.
I wouldn't be surprised that if he ever shows up in the recent court cases he will claim he doesn't really exist, in this MEST world, he is a thetan EXTERIOR to the whole thing.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Exactly.

And this also relates to why, when Lawrence Wollersheim tried to collect on the $3,000,000 judgement awarded to him, Scientology claimed that CoSoC had "no assets", and thus could not pay the judgement.

Lawrence then had to sue in order to prove that CSI, RTC, CST, etc. are alter egos of CoSoC.

He of course ultimately prevailed years later -- thanks to the Zolin tapes being entered into evidence -- causing Scientology to rush into the clerk's office with an $8,600,000 check to settle the case at the 11th hour.
ZOLIN tapes? is that different than the Joe Zegel(sp) tapes?

He-man

Hero extraordinary
LoL.....just so anyone not versed in LRH...that definition is NOT and those definitions are NOT scientology.. close but nonetheless they are altered forms of LRH's BULLSHIT. yes, there are different kinds of shit.
Like I said to Warrior, I dont have the green dictionary. :)

Good enough for me.