What's new

Russell Crowe chimes in on Huffington Post

Northern Shewolf

Patron Meritorious
Shewolf always calls him (Russell Crowe, not Hewolf), Mr Meat and Potatoes because it all goes down well with muscular action....beurk...:p

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Crowe was just saying the way it wen down at the time. I think his final comment says it all

Crowe said he hasn't seen "Going Clear," the explosive HBO documentary about Scientology, nor has he spoken to Cruise recently.

"I haven't seen him for quite a while. Once they got divorced, I think I got thrown out with [Nicole]," Crowe said.

:biggrin:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Another deception...Mr meat and potatoes is a flake :bigcry:

Thanks all for you replies :)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I listen and think he was genuine with his answers in what he found about TC at the time :confused2: (TC was certainly way more decent and less involved inthe cult)

unless I didn't get something :confused2:

* What surprised me though is that he mentionned he was friend with Nicole... so I wonder if he had knew about any disgusting behavior of the CO$ and TC concerning the children ....:whistling:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
Crowe was just saying the way it wen down at the time. I think his final comment says it all

:biggrin:
It sounds like he is trying to disavow himself from the statement in order to make it more convincing and to distance himself from the cult itself. He is a talented actor, after all.

I remember he did something similar when he received an award for a film he did with Ron Howard, he made a point of thanking him 'as a man.'

It was clear from what Ron Howard said about that statement that it meant a lot to him because he had been typecast as a child his whole life.

Crowe knows how to make a public statement that makes someone look good.

This article and his statements strike me as a deliberate supportive statement hedged with a convincing denial.

Crowe is no Scientologist, but he is the sort of guy who would stick up for a fellow actor and friend.

That is what he has done. That is why I say he is stupid, not because he's not clever, but this late in the game, any support of Scientology at all is a bad move.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
It sounds like he is trying to disavow himself from the statement in order to make it more convincing and to distance himself from the cult itself. He is a talented actor, after all.

I remember he did something similar when he received an award for a film he did with Ron Howard, he made a point of thanking him 'as a man.'

It was clear from what Ron Howard said about that statement that it meant a lot to him because he had been typecast as a child his whole life.

Crowe knows how to make a public statement that makes someone look good.

This article and his statements strike me as a deliberate supportive statement hedged with a convincing denial.

Crowe is no Scientologist, but he is the sort of guy who would stick up for a fellow actor and friend.

That is what he has done. That is why I say he is stupid, not because he's not clever, but this late in the game, any support of Scientology at all is a bad move.

We could extend a little understanding here: Russell has not seen the documentary and had seen a little Church PR that time with Tom: He doesn't know how destructive $cientology is, and if fact, may not take Going Clear as "Gospel" when/if he does see it. We can see the validity, because we knew it in the first place. It's not as easy for somebody who knows virtually nothing to begin with.

So why don't we cut Mr. Crowe a little slack when he doesn't jump right on the bandwagon at first mention?

Free Being Me

Crusader
We could extend a little understanding here: Russell has not seen the documentary and had seen a little Church PR that time with Tom: [HIGHLIGHT]He doesn't know how destructive $cientology is[/HIGHLIGHT], and if fact, may not take Going Clear as "Gospel" when/if he does see it. We can see the validity, because we knew it in the first place. It's not as easy for somebody who knows virtually nothing to begin with.

So why don't we cut Mr. Crowe a little slack when he doesn't jump right on the bandwagon at first mention?

Exactly! High profile media people like Russell Crowe and Neil Degrasse Tyson haven't been through the scientology cult grinder. They have no frame of reference so of course their statements appear ill informed.

Instead of trashing people like Crowe and Tyson with haughty demeaning comments why not Google search where to leave an e-mail with one of their representatives respectfully requesting they watch Going Clear? Point out the doco is a thoroughly researched truthfully informative film. Isn't that easier (and kinder) than pages of argumentum ad hominem ad nauseam?

Imagine the positive outcome reaching out to these people.

Neil Degrasse Tyson
http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/

Russell Crowe
https://twitter.com/russellcrowe

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
We could extend a little understanding here: Russell has not seen the documentary and had seen a little Church PR that time with Tom: He doesn't know how destructive $cientology is, and if fact, may not take Going Clear as "Gospel" when/if he does see it. We can see the validity, because we knew it in the first place. It's not as easy for somebody who knows virtually nothing to begin with.

Good point.