What's new

Russia: Police raid Moscow org (Oct. 30, 2015)

mnql1

Patron Meritorious

mnql1

Patron Meritorious
From a Russian article posted on Friday, October 30, 2015 on the lifenews.ru website:

http://lifenews.ru/news/167115
(The article includes photos of some of the recording equipment seized by police.)

Police searches are underway today at the Church of Scientology on Taganskaya Street.

Earlier this year, searches were conducted at five other Scientology locations, where large amounts of hidden recording equipment were found, in addition to compounds for purification treatments:

1. The Narconon-Standard "Center for Education and Social Adaptation," located at 5 Kashira Drive. This building also houses the Criminon "Center for anti-crime education and social rehabilitation of offenders".

2. The Bitsa Mission "Center for the Dissemination of the Technologies of Dianetics and Scientology" in Kostomarovskaya Alley.

3. The "Applied Scholastics for the Commonwealth of Independent States" office located at Meshchanskaya Street, where Scientologists teach English and provide training based on L. Ron Hubbard technology. The clientele includes minors.

4. The "Management Center for the dissemination of Dianetics and Scientology," located in the Shchyolkovo district of the Moscow region.

5. The Narconon-South "drug education and rehabilitation center," located in the Podolsk district. According to law enforcement officials, the heads of the center are the adherents of the Church of Scientology.

Investigators stated that the audio and video recording equipment was found in the confessional rooms for parishioners.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Earlier this year, searches were conducted at five other Scientology locations, where large amounts of hidden recording equipment were found, in addition to compounds for purification treatments:

I think the key word is "hidden". If the recording equipment was right there in the open, then an argument could have been made that sessions were recorded for training and correction purposes.

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I think the key word is "hidden". If the recording equipment was right there in the open, then an argument could have been made that sessions were recorded for training and correction purposes.

Emphasis on "correction" purposes. Yeah, they certainly do "correct" people straight to oblivion.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm attempting to channel Karin Pouw in order to get a direct response from the CoS on this police raid.

This is the picture that keeps coming to mind:

tumblr_m83ke6Leeb1qzmogpo1_500.jpg

Techless

Patron Meritorious
"[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]And in one of them on the Kostroma Lane found a large amount of hidden assets tracking and [/FONT]drugs for ceremonies[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]My bold: wonder what this is - maybe just vits and minerals for purif? or whatever.

But it would be nice to find out just what these are...Vodka tabs?
[/FONT]

arcxcauseblows

Patron Meritorious
all mother russia needs is a money and blood thirsty cult invented by an old greedy american megalomaniac white man... you'd think they would know better than to let them open one of his shops to begin with

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
"[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]And in one of them on the Kostroma Lane found a large amount of hidden assets tracking and [/FONT]drugs for ceremonies[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif].[/FONT]

[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif]My bold: wonder what this is - maybe just vits and minerals for purif? or whatever.

But it would be nice to find out just what these are...Vodka tabs?
[/FONT]

I think it's pinks and greys.

JustSheila

Crusader

Good point, but I wonder how the law works in Russia?

In most places in the US, one has to be personally informed each time a recording is made. The general question or statement we are given in the US is, "Your call may be recorded for training purposes." I'm sure the Church Cult of Scientology doesn't do this, just like it doesn't obviously display at the top of the e-meter that it is for 'religious use only' and the rest of the required warning.

However, that's also a business rule referring to business training. Recording personal, private confessions 'for training purposes' is way out there in left field.